#1 2010-04-12 00:17:29

LETTER: Fire truck used in election was privately owned
April 12, 2010 12:00 AM

Fire truck used in election was privately owned

As chief of the Wareham Fire Department, I feel it is my obligation to alleviate concerns of the public that an active Wareham Fire Department apparatus was used to publicize a candidate for public office.

The apparatus in question is owned and operated by Howard Smith. One of the fire trucks is a 1961 Maxim that Smith, himself, fully restored to its original condition. Part of the original condition includes lettering on the side of the truck, reading "Forest Fire and Out of District, Wareham Engine 2."

Upon finding out that there was some public concern over a "fire truck" being used for publicizing a political candidate, I contacted Smith. After hearing these concerns, he, in good faith, returned home and covered any lettering that could cause the truck to be mistaken for an active Wareham Fire Department apparatus.

I feel that this misunderstanding has been addressed and will not be of concern for the future.

Robert McDuffy

Chief

Wareham Fire Department

#2 2010-04-12 08:23:16

Nice of the Fire Chief to write a letter to clear up the crap that the troll printed.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com