#1 2010-04-09 19:39:55

http://www.wickedlocal.com/stoughton/sp … -plasma-TV

Look at all the now former officers mentioned here. Know that there are more to come in this ongoing  investigation in Stoughton. And, that doesn't include the already convicted Police Chief, and the convicted sargeant whose actions led to the chief's conviction.

When people in Wareham go around crying "wolf", in the form of corruption everywhere; ask yourself: do any of these rantings rise to the level of corruption seen in the Stoughton PD? Now, that's corruption!

Yes. I have critiqued the PROCESS of choosing a new chief for the Town. But, I have never heard anything about the  Wareham PD that resembles the level that the Stoughton PD has sunk to. But, the Stoughton BoS put together a search committee(!), which this week installed a new chief who appears to be qualified and ready to remedy the situation. It will be a challenge for Chief Stasteny, for sure.

There are challenges galore right here in Wareham. What is needed is for people, like the BoS in Stoughton, to rise above the current reality, and move to a higher ground. Tuesday's election brought new people into the mix, it is time to seek the higher ground.

#2 2010-04-09 20:56:47

My apologies to the new Stoughton police chief, I massacred his name. It is Paul Shastany, a former Lt. on the Framingham PD.

His swearing-in ceremony, I am told, attracted nearly 500 people! They included the current Chief of the Framingham PD, and many Framingham officers. It also included three (3) honor guards.

The town of Stoughton has suffered greatly over the past 4-5 years with the problems within its PD. But through the efforts of its search committee, it has snagged a professional who is commited to a "true" movement forward.

What lessons can the Town of Wareham take from Stoughton? You are free to draw your own conclusions.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com