#1 2010-04-01 20:58:01

Below is an endorsement for John Donahue, I want Marc Pacheco and Barney Frank to know that they have NO BUSINESS in a non-partisan local election, I will say that I will never cast a vote for either of you again (and don't tell me not to drag state and federal politics into this because they put themselves here!)
TO THE EDITOR:
    We, the undersigned, offer our endorsement of John Donahue in his bid to be re-elected Moderator for the Town of Wareham:
    Bob “Smitty” Smith, Donna Smith, Barney Frank, Marc Pacheco, Mark W. Herring, Jack Barboza, Morris Fontes, Jack Houton, Jacqueline M. Hickey, Gregg Donahue, Michael Roderick, Ted DuMoulin, James V. Fox, Edward Pacewicz, George Medeiros;
    Robert T. Joy, Arthur “Bobby” Lee Jr., Mary Pajunen, Bob Maxim, Sandra Slavin, Donald Lake Jr., Eric Woods, Robert T. Smith, Robert S. Hough, Martha J. Maynard, David E. Begley, Jonele S. Westgate, Donald W. Mullen, Deborah Andrews;
    Steven Texeira, Stephen M. Baptiste Sr., Katherine Donahue, Betty Perry, Martin L. Benoit Sr., Rose Marie Mathews, John  Lopes Sr., Brenda Eckstrom, Michael A. Collins, Floyd C. Robbins, Lonnie S. Robbins, Berch Onanian, Tammy Cardoza, Jean Donahue;
    Juanita Perry, Judy A. Hyland, Jonathan Roderick, Elinor Akins, Kay Cattabriga, Kevin Andrews, Helen E. Lima, Dave R. Lima, Douglas A. Mendes Sr., Charles Cardoza, Douglas Westgate, James Bernard Robery, Curtis W. Pires, Ramona Lee Barros;
    Martha V. Strachan, Anthony Monteiro, Richard Post Sr., Kate Furler, Leie Carmody, Sean Carmody, Sheila Monaghan, Kevin Donahue, Kristen Frey, Tom Monaghan, Lawrence M. Gaines, Ervin “Tootsie” Russell, Alberta C. Joy, Kevin Fernandes;
    Ed Payton, Marian J. Rose, Mary Vieira Rose, Leanne Hunt, Ellen Begley, Patricia H. Zimmer, Esther Grassia, Peter J. Barrows, John B. Cronan, Patricia Evans, Gertrude  Sullivan, Leonora Fernandes, Joyce Silverman, George Robery, Patricia L. Mosca;
    Danielle Irving, Jennifer Rose, Robert Pike, Connie & Ray Carbone, Sheila Schneider, William Maynard, Alan Slavin, John Morrison, Clarissa Carrel, Ruth Perry Donahue, Dr. Michael Jones, Jack M. Silva, Susan Morrison, Beth Ann Telles, Donna L. Cattabriga;
    Dave & Kim Heney, George Coleman, Barbara Coleman, Gail P. Herring, David Smith, Mary Stanton,  Tiny Lopes, Francis F. Carmichael, Kathleen LaFlamme, Mary J. Paulette, Mark Salerno, Keri Cattabriga, Barbara  Hathaway Rei, M. Renee Nevitt;
    Dennis J Filkins, Deneen Rose, Ed Murphy, Ronnie Robinson, Emma Roderick, Scott J. Cardoza, Robert F. Cardoza, Antone L. Fernandes III, Nicole M. Calvin, Kenny Fontes, Josephine Post, Norman Holmes, and Betty Jane Brown.

Please vote for John Donahue, moderator, on April 6.
Thank you.

#2 2010-04-01 21:07:16

Now THERE'S an April Fools Day joke. Why am I not laughing?

Where is Deval on the list? I still remember the picture in the Boston Globe of Deval, with Curley in the foreground.

Is that david smith from the Courier?

#3 2010-04-01 21:26:24

so the local democratic party suuports this loser,no suprise  local elections are supposed to be non partisan.

#4 2010-04-01 22:03:02

very good information to be aware of.

#5 2010-04-01 22:14:01

I thought this was supposed to be an endorsement??..After reading some of the names on this list, Claire Smith becomes that much more viable a candidate!!..Brockton Brenda and the Dirt Thief immediately come to mind as ways to turn off voters, why no endorsement from Sweet Brucey??..Aren't the wackos Betty-Ann and LynnB supporting the Moderator??

What's Kenny Fontes doing on this list??..publicly, he tells people he's not in Curly's camp this time around..many people have been warned that they get "lip service" when they talk to Kenny, maybe he can respond to being on this list..

The title of this thread says it all: REMEMBER IT When You Vote!!

#6 2010-04-01 22:18:44

For once I want to say Thank You Slager! Pacheco and Frank will be hearing from me, they may be interested to know that I won't be supporting them and the campaign donations I have always been so generous with will not be coming!

#7 2010-04-02 00:08:42

I must issue an apology.. unlike Brucey or Brenda I have a job..tonight, after working for 14 hours I must have been very tired because I made a huge blunder: I FORGOT TO MENTION CRUSTY COLEMAN!!..just another example of why not to vote for Donahue..if you are listing this clown as one of your supporters, you must be desperate!!

#8 2010-04-02 08:58:41

You are witnessing first hand how DESPERATE John D has become.
Drop a slew of names to make the reader think he has vast support.
The oldest trick in the book; appear bigger and better that you are.

I've chatted with several folks from his list and he has obviously been hood winked.  They are not voting for him.  That was quite clear by their responses.

Nice try...

And have you heard that his clan ("Move Wareham Forward") tried at the last minute to get a personal debate with his challenger and their mouthpiece, Bobo, would be a "moderator".  And who the hell is Move Wareham Forward, anyway ?  Ellen & Mikey ?  I'm thinking they're bucking for councilmen positions under a new Mayor.

Which all leaves interesting questions.  Why wouldn't this "Move Wareham Forward" cult include ALL the political races instead of just the moderator's.
We have Selectmen to consider, a School Committee seat, a town clerk and unchallenged Housing and Assessing race.  How selfish is that ?  How does that "Move Wareham Forward" ?  What a JOKE !

C'mon April 6 !

#9 2010-04-02 09:26:29

And let's not forget Donahue's race baiting. The Cape Verdean community figured it out and was a no show. Remember John Donahue, Bobo and the bull horns waiting for the crowd that never appeared??  Vote this man out of office.

The Cape Verdeans  "will be prevented from attending a community meeting." The Cape Verdeans  "must never be silenced again." Talk about trying to make the meeting a race issue.

"Subject: Peaceful Protest

I hope to see you there.

John"

#10 2010-04-02 11:11:52

One thing I want to point out is just because those names appear on paper, that doesn't mean they equate to votes for Curly John. One person on that list I spoke with said he was not voting for John Donahue and was not happy to be included on the list.

#11 2010-04-02 12:05:55

bbrady...recall the speech given by the 'SuperChief' at the BoS meeting this week. I meant to count how many times that Stanley incorporated the phrase 'move Wareham forward' into his patter. Probably just a coincidence, right?

#12 2010-04-02 16:27:01

OK, I checked.

Stanley spoke for 6 minutes and 4 seconds (see video)

He invoked that phrase SEVEN (7) times, either directly or in some permutation. Plus, there was one that applied to the town of N.Andover.

the total of eight (8) computes to nearly 1.5 times PER MINUTE.

Here's a possible scenario. When Stanley did his pajama party routine at the Curley manse, they waited until Chief-Chief was asleep, and then trotted out the tape recorder with the message in a loop: move wareham forward...move wareham forward. All night long.

Sorta like creating their own little Manchurian Candidate.

The result is the proposed SuperChief cannot go a full minute without uttering the prescribed mantra.

"Let's play a little game of Solitaire".

It is just so unseemly to see a person in such an important, even critical, position get sucked into the morass by the Curley crowd. shouldn't the Chief of Police be APOLITICAL??????

All the more reason to:

VOTE4CHANGE

APRIL 6, 2010

TAKE BACK WAREHAM.....and break the Curley crowd stanglehold.

#13 2010-04-02 16:36:29

At this point they all spew that infamous three word phrase.

Count how many times Mr Mark Andrews repeats it during everything he talks about.  Hell, he can't not say it.  It's been inbred already.  But it's fun to watch and listen.  They are all so predictable; especially their mouthpiece.

He is absolutely guilty of the behavior he predicted as the anticipated
behavior of Wareham Week and all their supporters.  He is nothing but a TOOL for the incumbents.  Without Bobo, they are all nothing and have nothing; exactly what they've earned.

I remember an article in the SOCO magazine a couple years back where Bobo claimed to being the "ring master" of Wareham's three ring circus.  Well, finally the Big Top is coming down.  Wareham won't be needing his services anymore together with the incumbent's.

Move Wareham Forward
Vote for Change.

C'mon April 6 !

Last edited by bbrady (2010-04-02 16:39:16)

#14 2010-04-02 16:44:54

notalawyer wrote:

Stanley spoke for 6 minutes and 4 seconds (see video)

He invoked that phrase SEVEN (7) times, either directly or in some permutation. Plus, there was one that applied to the town of N.Andover.

the total of eight (8) computes to nearly 1.5 times PER MINUTE.

Wareham BoS Mtg. 3/30/10

To watch the rest of the meeting, go to:
3/30/10

VOTE4CHANGE
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010
P-SPAN

#15 2010-04-02 16:58:17

you are quite correct, BB. Andrews was next up on the mwf meter reading, you beat me to it.

Now, do you suppose that their contracts contain a competiton clause? A prize to the most frequent user of the phrase. And, a prize to the most creative use of phrase.

Prizes might include a free cheese pizza (with the order of any two w/toppings) at Brucie's...
OK, never mind that one.

Here's one, free dirt delivered by Cronan the barbarian...
Yeah, that one has been delisted.

Maybe: free public speaking lessons from Brucie (cough, cough) & Brenda (uhhhh, ahhhhh)! Now, we're talkin'!

For those who soar above & beyond: free political skulduggery lessons from Janie & curley the stooge. a rare opportunity to learn from two of the foremost experts in the field. sure to spur that spirit of competition.

Stay tuned to this channel for updates on exciting new prizes!

#16 2010-04-02 17:18:25

notalawyer wrote:

Brenda (uhhhh, ahhhhh)

*WARNING* Nauseating

VOTE4CHANGE
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010
P-SPAN

Last edited by P-SPAN (2010-04-03 01:48:10)

#17 2010-04-03 08:21:10

Ok. So, I'm reading the candidate's bios on the Wicked Local Courier site. And I see this for John Donahue and I say...Huh???!!!

WAREHAM —

Name: John T. Donahue

Family: Wife, Jane Donahue; daughters, Mary Donahue and Elizabeth Donahue

Education: Associate Degree, Massasoit Community College; Bachelor Degree in Journalism/English, UMass/Amherst; Juris Doctorate degree, Southern New England School of Law

Employment: Self-employed real estate appraiser, John Donahue and Associates

Past/present organizations, boards, committees, to which you belong/serve on:

· Wareham Fire District Moderator – 8 years

· Chairman, Town of Wareham Appointing Authority – 9 years

· Massachusetts Moderators Association

· President, Student Bar Association – Southern New England School of Law (former)

· Chairman, Wareham Democratic Town Committee

· Wareham Free Library volunteer

A WAREHAM FREE LIBRARY VOLUNTEER????!!!!  I have been associated with the library as a volunteer, Friend and/or Trustee since 1993, and in all that time, I had never seen this guy in the library volunteering!!! (Each year the Friends and Trustees give a party for the volunteers and I know he was never a volunteer during my tenure.)

So, worthy of Rip Dinkle, I did a little investigative work of my own.

For the past few months, the library has had an intern to do some work in the Stone Research Room (where historical documents/records are kept). I've worked with college interns for many years and I recognize the value of having interns do work. No problem there. But it seems that the intern in the Stone Room needs a BABYSITTER (yes, that's the term used by those in charge including one of the new trustees. Talk about demeaning!!).

Anyway, it seems that Mr. Slavin, and Mr. Donahue have become babysitters. They sit at the staff computer doing who knows what on the computer (checking the blog???!!! ha ha) while the intern works. Now, that is a staff computer that has access to all private information of the patrons and volunteers are not supposed to have access to staff computers according to SAILS. But that's another issue altogether.

Apparently Mr. Donahue did not show up for his babysitting job this week so the intern sat around for a half hour until Mr. Monahan (yes, the anti library T-shirt guy) could come in to do some substitute babysitting.

But here is my point. Donahue has only done this for a few months and babysitting and working/?playing on a staff computer is not exactly volunteering to help the library. The library is understaffed. The current employees are all overworked. Having volunteers help to alleviate some of the work they have taken on to cover for all the people who have resigned, retired, been laid off, or part timers let go is a good thing. But those volunteers do work in the main library...shelving books, pulling holds, reading shelves, cleaning and preparing books for the collection etc. etc. etc. That is what I call Library Volunteering.

So Mr. Moderater has the nerve to claim he is a library volunteer when for a FEW MONTHS only, he has sat at the computer doing NON LIBRARY business while babysitting a college student/intern??? Oh my head!!!!!!!!!  What a loser!!!!

And I wonder if he had to fill out the volunteer form and be CORI'd like the rest of the volunteers. Just wondering as I have no knowledge of this.

VOTE THIS MAN OUT OF OFFICE!!!!!!

#18 2010-04-03 08:33:21

The only thing he "VOLUNTEERED" was information to Slager about the library!!

I've heard enough about the Juris Doctorate Degree  (Savageau as well)..had he been able to pass the Bar Exam, he wouldn't have become a Probation Officer and then been FIRED!!!

Voting him out would be a very positive step for this Town..

#19 2010-04-03 08:57:45

THE LIBRARY NEEDS HELP NOT SOME IDIOT LIKE DONAHUE SITTING ON A COMPUTOR  DOING HIS BUSSINESS , I KNOW HE BLOGS ON SLAGERS WEB SITE A LOT ,SURE HOPE HE IS NOT DOING IT ON A LIBRARY COMPUTOR, AND NOW HE IS A LIBRARY VOULENTEER , YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME , THIS GUY IS A TOTAL LOSER, HE DOESNT HOLD A JOB AND CANT SEEM TO HOLD A JOB , MAYBE SLAGER , DONAHUE AND BRUCE  AND BRENDA CAN START A CLUB FOR UNEMPLOYED LOSERS AT A LOCAL BAR .

#20 2010-04-03 16:30:49

Well, if those are the ONLY people that John can get to support him, the rest all must be voting for Claire!

#21 2010-04-03 16:40:12

One can only hope townie! The ridiculous article up on the rag site about the fire truck just makes Bobo look silly.

#22 2010-04-03 17:20:38

TBL

FrogsRule wrote:

One can only hope townie! The ridiculous article up on the rag site about the fire truck just makes Bobo look silly.

I agree. Ridiculous is an understatement. Those are PRIVATELY owned ANTIQUE fire trucks from defunct fire departments. If any of the candidates that the ragman feverishly supports had used PRIVATELY owned ANTIQUE fire trucks then there would be a proud photo of it plastered across the top of his blog. Chief McDuffy has nothing to appologize for and should have told the ragman to go pound sand.

#23 2010-04-03 17:26:35

It really is comical. Bobo and his group love to play the victim. Bless their hearts, they don't know the difference between an antique fire truck and our own fire department trucks.

#24 2010-04-03 17:48:27

Howie forgot to attach those hosses to it...

#25 2010-04-03 20:51:25

SLAGER I WILL BET YOU A DOZEN BAGELS , CLAIRE WILL WIN NEXT WEEK ,YOU ARE PATHETIC ,AS  FARA DEBATE GOES ARNT YOU THE ONE WHO SQUASHED A DEBATE LAST YEAR AND THE TOWNS TV DEPT NEEDED MORE TIME TO SET UP A DEBATE AND I AM SURE CURLEY IS  UPSET BECAUSE HE IS GOING DOWN BIGTIME NEXT WEEK AND EVERYONE IN WAREHAM KNOWS HOWIE HAS AN ANTIQUE FIRE TRUCK BUT YOU LIVE IN HALIFAX ,   I HAD A OOD LAUGH AT YOUR ARTICAL , SLAGER WE ALL KNOW YOUR A LIAR , PAY YOUR BUSSINESS TAXES THAT IS A FACT THAT YOU HAVENT PAYED THEM , YOU FOOLED WAREHAMS VOTERS ONT TIME TO MANY BUT WAREHAMS VOTERS HAVE FINNALY CAUGHT UP TO YOU.

#26 2010-04-03 21:12:31

LI.;STEN SLAGER PEOPLE WHO LIVE IN GLAAS HOUSSES SHOULD NOT THROW STONES ,WHEN YOUR PAL BRUCIE PAYS HIS TAXES AND YOU PAY YOUR BUSSINESS TAXES THEN MAYBE YOU CAN TRY TO MANUFACTURE A LIE ABOUY A CANDITATES LOAN FOR AN ELECTION UNTILL THEN SHUT YOUR   PIE HOLE

#27 2010-04-03 21:28:07

ROTFLMFAO, shut your pie hole, too funny IHL!

#28 2010-04-03 23:09:21

/

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2010-04-03 23:20:00)

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com