#1 2010-04-01 17:37:08

I was told that yesterday Makepeace took material to dump on the Tremont dam in West Wareham and they took 4 of their  pumps to by pass over the upper reservoir to try and take the pressure off the dam. Makepeace has employees on rotating shifts 24 hours a day to watch the dam and pumps. I was told this by an employee.

While Makepeace folks have been vilified by this BoS and treated poorly in person at BoS meetings, I think we need to recognize this effort.

#2 2010-04-01 18:44:53

Thanks to Makepeace, but since it is election season the BOS loves them!

#3 2010-04-01 22:34:18

The Makepeace family of old, and their company have always been there for the people of Wareham.  From way back they helped people get bank loans for purchasing a home or business when other bankers wouldn't take the risk.  They were approachable.  They also worked hard and hands on with their workers to build the family business that they have today.  Even though they had a big, beautiful home, they were no different than anyone else.  The money that they poured into Tobey Hospital should speak for itself, but they were always there with a donation for scouts, little league programs and schools.         

The Makepeace business has changed a lot in the past twenty years, but I was not surprised to see Makepeace's equipment, along with Slocum-Gibbs Cranberry Co.'s, helping out in a bad situation for the town.  I don't care if they get paid for their machines or donated their use - bottom line is that they were there for us, the people of Wareham - not the selectmen.  They could have said no.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com