#1 2010-03-29 09:26:40

1. CALL TO ORDER BY CHAIRMAN
2. ROLL CALL
3. ANNOUNCEMENT
4. CITIZENS PARTICIPATION
5. CONSENT AGENDA
a. Authorization to sign bills and documents, etc.
b. Approval of the March 9, 2010 regular session meeting minutes.
6. LICENSES & PERMITS
a. 7:15 P.M. – HEARING – On the application for a new Annual Innholders All Alcoholic
Beverages License by L & W Holdings, LLC dba Wicket’s Inn & Pub, David Wolfram,
Manager, 167-171 Onset Avenue, Onset, under the provisions of Chapter 138 of
MGL.
b. On the application for a Public Amusement on Weekdays License for Dancing & Live
Entertainment by L & W Holdings, LLC dba Wicket’s Inn & Pub under the provisions
of Chapter 140 of the Massachusetts General Laws.
c. On the application for a Public Entertainment on Sundays License for Dancing & Live
Entertainment by L & W Holdings, LLC dba Wicket’s Inn & Pub under the provisions
of Chapter 140 of the Massachusetts General Laws.
d. On the application for a Common Victualler’s License by L & W Holdings, LLC dba
Wicket’s Inn & Pub under the provisions of Chapter 140 of the Massachusetts
General Laws.
e. Application for Change of Officer/Director from Rare Hospitality International, Inc.
d/b/a LongHorn Steakhouse, 2421 Cranberry Highway, Suite 480, Wareham under
the provisions of Chapter 138 of the Massachusetts General Laws.
f. On the application for a Common Victualler’s License by Dennis Klimavich dba
Melina’s in the Village, 1 West Central Avenue, Onset, under the provisions of
Chapter 140 of the Massachusetts General Laws.
g. Request for use of Town roads by Wareham Little League, Inc., d/o John G. Kelley,
President for their annual parade. The parade starts at Elm Street to Route 28 to
Continued Board of Selectmen/Sewer Commissioners Meeting Agenda 03/30/10
Page 2 of 2
the Little league field on Charge Pond Road on April 18, 2010 @ 12:00 P.M. (Rain
Date: April 25, 2010).
7. TOWN ADMINISTRATOR’S REPORT
8. TOWN BUSINESS
a. Reaffirmation of Leash Law.
b. Any town business.
9. SEWER BUSINESS
a. Any sewer business.
10. LIAISON REPORTS
11. ADJOURNMENT
12. SIGNING OF DOCUMENTS APPROVED BY THE BOARD

#2 2010-03-29 09:43:32

LIZdaGNOME wrote:

g. Request for use of Town roads by Wareham Little League, Inc., d/o John G. Kelley, President for their annual parade. The parade starts at Elm Street to Route 28 to the Little league field on Charge Pond Road on April 18, 2010 @ 12:00 P.M. (Rain Date: April 25, 2010).

Sounds like a yawner, doesn't it? Here's what happened last time.
https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/sidepic/littleleague.png
         ~ click image ~

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#3 2010-03-29 11:48:15

I’m glad to see that the Wicket’s Inn and Pub are doing everything they can to stay in business. I really hope they succeed. I would hate to see that building sitting there empty. Even if you can’t afford to eat there once a week maybe you could at least stop by for a drink once a week. Our local business’ need our support.

I’m sure the meeting will be short and sweet like last week. The selectmen don’t want to say anything wrong or make any public mistakes before the election.

#4 2010-03-30 21:36:02

IN BURCE'S LETTER from lawyer torres.. torres states that the assistant da said only town counsel could pick up the disks BUT bruce said TA helper sanquiest picked up the disks....

HMMMMMMM...

#5 2010-03-30 21:48:24

Bruce also said the board had decided to continue with the audit investigation. I don't remember them discussing that during open meeting.

#6 2010-03-30 21:50:33

Uh oh

#7 2010-03-30 22:06:10

Someone help me out here? I arrived at tonight's BOS meeting at 7:05 with  the festivities already well under way and left immediately following Chief Stanley's cornonation.

When I arrived home, it appeared the meeting broadcast was just beginning. So am I mistaken or was the Stanley announcement intentionally cut from the broadcast?

Last edited by billw (2010-03-30 22:06:50)

#8 2010-03-30 22:08:58

All aboard the Peace Train, Peaceniks...

http://peacetrain.pbworks.com/f/peacetrain1.bmp

The Ham of Peace here with observations of Miami Vice Brucey's obvious election pandering.

1)  The explanation given in Brucey's little letter is that the BOS were not able to pick up the discs in January because of "chain of custody" concerns and that Global Digital Forensics needed to be the ones to handle them.

Uh, so as the Gnome of Peace already points out...why was Sanguinett the one who picked them up?  Why didn't someone from GDF pick them up?

Ahem...LAME!!!!! 

2)  Brucey's little letter also says that the BOS is not under investigation regarding the computer audit by the state ethics commission or the IG.  That's great, but answer me this, when did anyone claim they were?  The speculation/wondering out loud/question that people were asking was the question of whether Brucey and Interim Butt Monkey being called before the Grand Jury meant that the BOS was being investigated by the DA.  Interesting, Brucey's letter doesn't address that question.

All aboard the peace train!!!  Due to pull into the peace station April 6!!!

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2010-03-30 22:19:01)

#9 2010-03-30 22:19:52

Bill, No it/he was there (I think all of it)..Check it out tomrrow if you want.

Meeting "breakdown" Stanley/Andrews in negotiations..Stanley needs ok from N. Andover BoS to make the switch, etc..

Ellen Begley asked BoS to request public records (School Cmte/Bus records) because she was given a bill of $863(?) when she asked (and-I believe- the fee is supposed to be waived if the request comes from a board or committee)..BoS took this opportunity to take pot-shots at Rabinovitch and the School Committee..

Bruce read an "opinion" letter from Town Counsel (a "no show")..which "explained" why the town never picked up the disks..I don't know exactly what they proved..It still sounded like they were available..it was just the town had their own reasons for not picking them up in January..Bruce put me to sleep reading the letter..and then got on his high-horse after reading it..I was thinking "King Brucey pontificating again"..vote this man out!!

and also, during a power point presentation by Andrews/Sanguinet I noticed a reference to the cost of the (8) Cruiser's and (1)SUV...I think the total was about $352K..with a grant representing 55K(?)..and a "Capital Lease" of about 280K(?)..
I forget the exact numbers..but I don't think these are far off..we'll see when the vids done..

VOTE4CHANGE
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010
P-SPAN

Last edited by P-SPAN (2010-03-30 22:27:45)

#10 2010-03-30 22:32:14

I don't remember the exact words, but the BOS potentially opened the town to a lawsuit because they allowed some guy to say publicly that an employee of the school department was a "big thief"  or something similarly derogatory...I don't remember the exact words but Sweet Brucey shouldn't have allowed it.

#11 2010-03-30 23:01:27

Anyone recognize this car illegally parked in a handicapped slot at tonight's BOS meeting? Yes, that is a Donahue campaign sign in the side window.

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/img/Wareham.BOS.2010-03-30-Tue-7-03-49-pm.jpg
Wareham BOS: 2010-03-30 Tue 7:03:49pm

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#12 2010-03-31 00:56:13

THATS GEORGE ROBERY'S CAR.

#13 2010-03-31 07:55:38

My question is how much are we paying this hack Torres? The letter that was (badly) read by Brucie was so convoluted and poorly written that I am appalled. (Once an English teacher....).

The bottom line is that they all knew in JANUARY that the disks were ready. Yet Brucie still made the comment that they were released now because of the election? Talk about disingenuous to the max.

It seems to me that a big part of the problem was Atty. Torres. All the confusion...who picks up the disks could have and should have been answered with a simple phone call to the DA's office. Isn't that what we pay Torres to do? And they want to hire this guy and dump K and P????? Sure, I'm for dumping K and P....but....let's get a lawyer who can write a clear, coherent, and concise letter.

And what was that part about they had to think about who would do the work and then they decided to have the same auditing team do it? Huh? That sounded bogus to me. Didn't they already have a contract with Global Forensics?

And if we are paying Torres, why wasn't he there in person (as the tacky tabloid writer said he would be)???

I also ask again what someone else did...why didn't the computer audit go out to bid instead of just hiring Global? With the bill as high as it is, isn't that required? They knew ahead of time the cost (listen to the infamous 6 minutes again). So, just because a lawyer suggests a company, you hire that company? Who authorized the expense? Where is the money coming from? Where is the transparency????

Just another reason to VOTE April 6.

#14 2010-03-31 10:58:05

3/30/10

TAKEBACKWAREHAM
VOTE4CHANGE
April 6, 2010
P-SPAN

Last edited by P-SPAN (2010-03-31 16:57:53)

#15 2010-03-31 13:22:59

TORRES IS STARTING UP HIS LAWFIRM AND WILL BE SOON REPLACING KOPELMAN AND PAIGE.

#16 2010-03-31 13:44:31

Isn't Torres from Brockton?

#17 2010-03-31 15:23:41

torres works for the town of taunton

#18 2010-03-31 16:14:35

Yunits(sp?)..is the one from Brockton.

VOTE4CHANGE
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010
P-SPAN

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com