#1 2010-03-26 19:50:00

I WAS WATCHINGTHE TV THIS MORNING WHEN THE REPORTER SAID THE TOWN OF LAWRECE WAS IN RECEIVER SHIP TO THE STATE AND THAT THE STATE WAS TAKING OVER LAWRENCE MA , AND WAS RUNNING THE TOWN AND PUMPING MONEY INTO THE TOWN, I SAID TO MYSELF ISNT THAT THE TOWN WHERE ARE CURRENT TA CAME FROM  AND WASNT THAT THE SAME TOWN WHEN HE LEFT WAS OVER 100 K IN DEBT, , THE ANSWER IS YES ,,.  MY GOD WAREHAM IS SO LUCKEY , WILL WAREHAM SOON BE ANOTHER LAWRENCE MA  WITH ARE NEW TA RUNNING THINGS ,...... THE LAST TIME THINGS WERE SO BAD IN WAREHAM WAS WHEN THE DOR CANE IN TO WAREHAM  AFTER WAREHAM THREW OUT  OUR ASSESOR AT THAT TIME JOHN DONAHUE WHO WAS CAUGHT SEELING VOTES FOR REBATES TO PEOPLE ON THERE TAXES , THE WHOLE TOWN HAD TO BE REVALUED , AND WAREHAM TOWN MEETING DECIDED TO APPOINT  AN ASSESOR AND ELECT AN ASSESOR BOARD TO WATCH OVER THE ASSESOR.  CHECK THIS OUT DO A GOOGLE SEARCH        YES YOU HEARD ME RIGHT JOHN DONAHUE WAS KICKED OUT OF HIS JOB  FOR GIVING  OUT LOWER VALUES ON PROPERTY  S TO HIS SUPPORTERS  FOR THERE VOTES.

#2 2010-03-27 13:21:13

I found this article about Donahue I'm still looking for an article about him being fired from Wareham.

Wareham Real Estate Appraiser Agrees to One-Year Probation
Enter Source, Oct 18, 2004

The Massachusetts Board of Registration of Real Estate Appraisers has entered into a consent agreement with real estate appraiser John T. Donahue. Effective Oct. 3, 2003, Donahue’s license was placed on probation for a period of one year for making an inaccurate valuation of a real estate property, a violation of the rules and regulations of the Board.

Donahue, of Wareham, admitted that his opinion of value for a real estate property located in Easton was misrepresented because he failed to conduct a proper sales comparison analysis. As part of his probation agreement, Donahue must take further continuing education courses in the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) and successfully complete an examination in that course within the next six months.

"Accurate and fair valuations are essential to preserve the public trust in proper appraisal practice," said the Board’s Chair, William J. Pastuszek. "Inaccurate values have a negative effect on the real estate economy in general, and contribute to further volatility in the consumer and commercial markets. Accuracy provides both reliability and objectivity— factors on which consumers rely when making decisions."

#3 2010-03-27 14:02:07

Is this the same guy who compares himself to Solomon and Job?

#4 2010-03-27 14:21:54

Seems that John boy was also given a reprimand

the Division of Professional Licensure

CASE #    FINDINGS OF CLOSED COMPLAINTS    DATE CASE CLOSED
NOTE:    This complaint information represents only closed complaints filed since 1993 in which disciplinary action has been taken. Open complaints are not yet fully investigated and are not included in the information presented on this Web site. If you require further information, please call the Office of Investigations (Division of Professional Licensure) at (617)727-7406.

20020208RA022    PROBATION    10/16/2003
20090408RA121    REPRIMAND / VERBAL WARNING    8/26/2009

#5 2010-03-27 14:29:30

HE WAS RECENTLY FIRED AS THE HEAD ASSESOR IN SWANSEE  ,MA. ABOUT 2  OR 3 YEARS AGO FOR MALFEASANCE.

#6 2010-03-27 14:52:56

Compares himself to Solomon and Job, and drops the name of the esteemed Moderator George Taber Jr..we all knew Mr Taber and we'll all agree: John, YOU ARE NOOOOO GEORGE TABER!!!

#7 2010-03-27 15:02:35

Examining a person's history not dirty politics
John T. Donahue, the Democratic candidate for state representative in the 2nd Plymouth district, has been going around charging people that criticize him with engaging in "dirty politics."

But he seems a bit confused about what dirty politics actually are.
It is not dirty politics to hold up a person's public record to scrutiny.
And it is not dirty politics to examine the financing of a political campaign as the state Republican Party has done with its complaint against Mr. Donahue last week.
In fact, it's a public service to scrutinize the qualifications and background of a potential state representative.
The GOP complaint that Mr. Donahue is exceeding campaign finance limits by donating free space for his campaign headquarters is a concern. But Mr. Donahue's own record as town assessor for Wareham for some 15 years is a much bigger concern.
Mr. Donahue served as an elected assessor from 1979 to 1996. While he was chairman of the board of assessors, the state Department of Revenue questioned the town's property tax information and found so many problems that it took over the assessing functions in 1993.
An audit by the state Department of Revenue revealed that the assessors had overtaxed residents by $1.3 million. In other words, the assessors had falsely inflated the grand list value by overestimating the annual growth rate several times from 1987 to 1991.
This ended up hurting taxpayers in two ways. The town suddenly had to shrink its grand list and lower its revenue base for town services. This was on top of being over-taxed in previous years; money that was never returned to the taxpayers.
The town was also forced to borrow $9.5 million to keep itself running during this crisis. This loan cost the town more than $100,000 in interest payments that the town could have easily avoided if the assessor's office had been run efficiently and properly.
The state audit found a long list of problems with the way the office was run including inefficient and sloppy records and late tax bills. These late bills translated into cash flow problems for the town and investment losses. Ultimately, the state recommended a complete reorganization of the assessor's office.
The state also concluded that a major problem was that no one was accountable or would take responsibility for the problems in the assessor's office.
Another troubling problem that surfaced involved tax abatements which were not given in a professional manner. The assessors were given time to explain these capricious abatements to the state, but were never able to fully justify them.
The main result of the critical audit was that Wareham decided to abandon its elected, paid assessors in favor of an appointed professional assessor, hired by the town manager. Mr. Donahue fought this change at the time. But he also applied for the job and was not given it.
How Mr. Donahue handled the public money while serving the town for 15 years is surely a valid campaign issue in 2002. His opponents and, more importantly, the citizens of the 2nd Plymouth District have a responsibility to bring these issues up and to ask questions about whether this is the person they want representing them in the state legislature.

This story appeared on Page A16 of The Standard-Times on October 17, 2002.

Hmmmm, seems that the hypocrite elite has been around a lot longer then I thought!

#8 2010-03-27 15:43:49

God I just love the internet all you have to do is google is name and all kinds of articles show up.

The possible license revocation is the latest in a string of incidents that have plagued Mr. Donahue's professional career. He was a Wareham assessor in 1994 when the state Department of Revenue took over the office after refusing to accept the error-ridden results of a town revaluation.
The entire town had to be reappraised. As a result, the town reorganized the assessors office and had to borrow $9.5 million to keep itself running, accruing at least $200,000 in interest.
Mr. Donahue later became Swansea's paid assessor. But his work there is mired in controversy; a Providence Journal investigation revealed last month that Swansea assessors failed to properly assess 22 of 28 new houses during a one-year period.

Wow 22 out of 28 houses that's pretty bad.

#9 2010-03-27 15:47:46

AND THIS FOOL WANTS TO BE MAYOR OF WAREHAM  ,IF WE VOTE FOR HIM AS MODERATOR THEN WE ARE THE FOOLS.

#10 2010-03-27 15:59:02

Marny & Frogman,

It's interesting to read all this. 
It brings back fond memories of my earlier years as a volunteer.
What's more interesting is his FULL PAGE ad in his mouthpiece's tabloid; boasting "TRIED & TRUE" **

T for Trusted
R for Responsive
U for Unflappable
E for Experience

** "TESTED AND PROVEN WORTHY"

Worthy of what ?  Dysfunction ?  Misrepresentation ?  Bias ?
Wareham cannot afford Johnny anymore !
Vote for CHANGE.
Take Back Wareham

C'mon April 6 !

#11 2010-03-27 16:10:27

Oh yes that is really funny bbrady! I found lots of other stuff but chose not to post . It seems that Moderator Donahue has had issues in many places, in fact, if you look up his real estate appraisal license through the state you will find that he was verbally reprimanded in August of 2009. I guess I gotta get me a Bobo Gazette!

#12 2010-03-27 16:58:03

I keep going back to candidate's night. John Donahue admitted making a mistake at the 2008 Town Meeting with a count and then adjourning the meeting before the error could be corrected. At the OPL, he stated that he promised to NEVER make the mistake of dissolving a meeting before all business was complete. I'm not sure how he forgot that at the Fall 2009 meeting, he entertained a motion by Brenda Eckstrom to dissolve the meeting before all business was complete. Essentially, he sat there and lied to the citizens of Wareham. How can we trust this man to be partial and fair?

Enough is enough!

#13 2010-03-27 17:00:17

FrogsRule wrote:

Is this the same guy who compares himself to Solomon and Job?

What was even funnier about him saying he'd shown the wisdom of Solomon and patience of Job..One of the "Tinhatter's" had written it about him on a hatchat a week or so before he said it about himself..

VOTE4CHANGE
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010
P-SPAN

Last edited by P-SPAN (2010-03-27 17:11:46)

#14 2010-03-27 17:19:01

My two cents. I have been going to town meeting for years. I enjoyed the meetings when Jack Taber ran them. But John Donahue did not do toooooo badly moderating until....guess what???? His wife was elected a member of the BoS.

Does anyone else agree that once his wife was on the board, town meetings became chaotic? Whispered sessions on the stage. BOS members going over to confer with the moderator or he going over to them???? Articles that the BoS did not like were not heard because meetings were closed incorrectly. Unfortunate "miscounts." Accepting improper motions from Brenda to dissolve town meeting. Allowing some people to talk over their time and others are held to the minute.  Don't even get me started on the meeting where the entire Fin Com quit.

The "new" people in town who say our town meeting doesn't work never attended a town meeting before Janie became a member of the BoS and John D showed his clear and obvious bias.  Really, before that, town meeting was town meeting. It was basically civil and business got done.

This is just my opinion, but while I've never been a big fan of the moderator's, I could have lived with his moderating until Janie came on board. Now, we cannot afford more of this biased moderating at town meeting. As long as Janie is a selectmen, Mr. Janie, I mean Mr. Moderator will moderate in the BoS's favor.

Oh and by the way, town meeting was closed improperly before an article could be heard that----wait for it---would no longer allow the moderator to be related to or married to a member of the BoS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vote for Claire Smith for Moderator. She's married to Howie--NOT a member of the BoS!!!!! And I am sure she will be fair in her rulings. Oh yeah, and she can count. And if she makes an honest mistake, she will listen to the body and correct it the way it should have been done at a previous town meeting when we all immediately corrected the bad math but were told TOO BAD!!!

#15 2010-03-27 18:12:33

Nora Bicki wrote:

Oh and by the way, town meeting was closed improperly before an article could be heard that----wait for it---would no longer allow the moderator to be related to or married to a member of the BoS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Woopsey, my bad"...I'm sure that's just a coincidence Nora ; )

Froggy, thanks for adding the ST article..another funny thing..when "Hatchatter's" were wondering aloud who might be running against the incumbents..Mr. Moderator had chimed in to add that all likely contenders had alot of skeletons in the closet..hmm, sounds like he's got a whole "Monster Mash" going on...

VOTE4CHANGE
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010
P-SPAN

Last edited by P-SPAN (2010-03-27 18:15:14)

#16 2010-03-27 18:32:58

P-Span:
Most people have "skeletons" in their closet, in politics it can be as silly as whether you inhaled when you smoked a joint or as serious as multiple violations of the publics trust. I could look beyond a couple mistakes because everyone makes them, however, in Mr. Donahue's case we have repeated offenses that he never seems to learn from and then he wants us all to believe he is some sort of Godly individual. Sorry Johhny, that act ain't flying over here.

#17 2010-03-28 05:57:30

YES  VOTE AGAINST JOHN DONAHUE HE CAN STAY HOME AND CLEAN HOUSE FOR JANE THE CRIPT KEEPER DONAHUE AND COOK DINNER AND MAKE BEDS FOR THERE NEW HOUSE GUEST THE NEW POLICE CHIEF  STANLEY  WHO IS RUMORED TO MAKE OVER 150 K .

Last edited by ihateliz (2010-03-28 09:09:05)

#18 2010-03-28 06:01:03

SORRY FOLKS  I NEED YO GET BACK ON THE PEACE TRAIN AND SMOKE THE PEACE PIPE WITH   THE 6 CROOKS  ( 4 SELECTMAN , 1 MODERATOR AND 1 TOWN CLERK).

#19 2010-03-28 08:10:36

Yes I agree, let's get back on the peace train together IHL.

#20 2010-03-28 18:41:23

PEACE OUT!!!

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com