#1 2010-03-18 08:37:56

BRUCE YOU SAY THE  SEWER PLANT CAN RUN WITHOUT A  LICENSED OPERATOR , I BEG TO DIFFER WITH YOU ,ALSO TOU WANT TO CUT THE SEWER BUDGET BY GIVING THE RATE PAYERS DECREASES IN THERE PAYMENTS , I SAY YOU WANT  SIMMONS TO RUN THE PLANT BELOW  MINIUM SAFETY STANDARDS  ALSO   THE TOWN ACCT, MADE A MISTAKE OF OVER 100 K IN HIS BUDGET , HIS BUDGET PASSED TOWM MEETING WITH THE 100 K IN IT, THIS IS JUST TO GET THE DIRTY RAT, AND I SAY GET RID OF THESE LIARS IN APRIL.

#2 2010-03-18 17:27:17

Quoting Mr. Bobo:
"The Observer has learned that the Pollution Control Facility is facing an estimated $500,000 deficit because of cost overruns and poor internal accounting procedures.
    Chief Plant Operator David Simmons has been placed on administrative leave and will be laid off on April 1 in order to make up part of the deficit.
    According to sources, the issue came to light when Simmons presented his FY11 budget to Town Administrator Mark Andrews. Concerns widened when he asked selectmen (who also serve as sewer commissioners) to set a sewer rate comparable to what sewer users paid last year.
    Over the past few years selectmen have cut the controversial sewer administration fee by nearly $700,000 in order to provide relief to sewer users. Selectmen believed that the sewer administration fee was essentially a second tax on sewer users because those funds were being used to supplement budgets of other town departments."

Could someone please buy Biz a calculator? The Sewer Commissioners cut the over 1 million dollar administrative fee by almost half in two years, the sewer fund is an enterprise fund and supposed to be supported by the rate payers not the taxpayers. How is any of the Mr. Simmons fault?

#3 2010-03-18 17:39:33

They can probably run for 6 months without Dave Simmons - see http://www.mass.gov/dep/service/regulat … 7cmr02.pdf

#4 2010-03-18 18:17:17

BIZ NEEDS MORE THAN A CACULATOR SHE NEED AN ACCOUNTING DEGREE.

#5 2010-03-18 18:56:31

This will be another position vacant for an extended period, regardless of state law (see: Open Meetings, violations). Perhaps ms. Griswold can take on the oversight of the facility. No problem.

when the job notice is finally posted, the following will among the basic minimum requirements:

1. the applicant must be a disbarred attorney from New York, who has changed professions and is working his/her way up.

2. the applicant must demonstrate that he/she has been recently fired by a State agency for recent DUI arrests, minimum of two (2). In addition, the candidate must be able to show recent rejection by a south coast community upon their learning of same.

3. the candidate must be underqualified as relates to educational minimums typical for the position. this may be waived if the candidate can demonstrate a prior working relationship with a certain former ITA, now just the # 2 guy.

4. Applicant must be tainted in some way, shape, manner or form; so that the BoS aka Sewer Commishes can grab a warm body at well-below market rates.

I may have left out some key elements needed for candidates for the opening. Please help me here, if you can think of any.

#6 2010-03-18 20:42:56

notalawyer wrote:

Perhaps ms. Griswold can take on the oversight of the facility.

Ready and willing...

TAKEBACKWAREHAM
VOTE4CHANGE
April 6, 2010
P-SPAN

#7 2010-03-18 21:30:54

yeah, but it's that 'able' part that is always the problem......

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com