#1 2010-03-14 11:57:38

chief stanley is quoted to ellen a member of the local democratic town commitee and a stooge of john donahue  that th e present boared  of selectman has hellped him a lot but we will not forget how they screwd with the past chief and did not give him the equipment he needed  and i say that stanley and the new ta should stay out of wareham polictics , stanley going to a selectmans house and the ta going to a john donahue fund raiser.

#2 2010-03-14 12:04:25

mike fhallerty  is the one who posted the aboe e mails between elley begly ( we should all get along ) which means do what the selectman say and screw the opinions of other wareham  voters   , isnt he the one showing up at recent selectmans meetings singing the praises of the selectman.

#3 2010-03-14 12:35:54

It is disturbing that people from North of Boston who know nothing about Wareham come to town and find the selectmen to be so great. Let's think of where they come from. The new TA left Lawrence with an out-going administration, the city was left in a financial mess (on his watch). He did NOT meet the minimum requirements for the TA job even though we had at least one applicant who did. He has cancelled the library book sales and I have heard that he plans to put money in the budget to buy books and supplies for the library now that he is not interested in receiving help from the Friends. When I took my granddaughter to school this past week a parent asked me if I was aware of the cuts to school programs.
This board continues to behave in an irresponsible manor, they hire unqualified help, and then they try to say our form of government doesn't work. That is because these idiots aren't GOVERNING.
I have to ask myself why we didn't approach a Police Chief closer to town, say Bourne, Carver or Plymouth. The logical answer is that these people won't play the silly games of this BOS.

#4 2010-03-14 13:45:54

The Chief should be ashamed of himself. How can he look his officers in the eyes after all that has been done to them before his arrival. To support these clowns is the equivalent to spitting in the face of every officer they effected, which is most of them.

#5 2010-03-14 13:57:41

http://wareham-ma.villagesoup.com/blog/ … en/834#836

TAKEBACKWAREHAM
VOTE4CHANGE
April 6, 2010
P-SPAN

Last edited by P-SPAN (2010-03-14 13:58:04)

#6 2010-03-14 14:10:11

Sounds Like A Used Car Salesman To Me.

#7 2010-03-14 14:59:39

Lets not forget Mr and Mrs Moderator's attacks on our fine officers, telling anyone willing to listen that the Police Force is full of racists!!..where do these two get off saying such unsunstantiated things??..horrible examples of how elected officials should behave, yet it's par for the course for our current BOS and Modearator..

#8 2010-03-14 15:21:03

Please do not look past the people who brought us "move wareham forward".Both are regular bloggers on another site. Both has refused efforts to reach out to the other side despite what they say on their website. Personal attacks are the method in which they deliver their message.

The good news is most people see through their efforts and realize what they represent.

#9 2010-03-14 16:04:28

It's funny how movewarehamforward.com claims copyright protection at the bottom of each page.  I'm no copyright expert, but my understanding is that in order to claim such protection the purported copyright holder - i.e., an incorporated entity or individual - must be identified in the claim.

Last edited by Petethemeat (2010-03-14 16:04:55)

#10 2010-03-14 16:38:46

You are absolutely correct, Petethemeat...Most copyrights are implied and enforceable today without perfecting them. However, one must state the name of the person or entity that is copyrighting, and further must state that all rights are reserved along with the year of the copyright.

#11 2010-03-14 19:18:50

EllenB expresses concern about the malcontents in the Town, without noting the root cause of any such attitude. Fortunately, the "Peace Train" is in the station for refueling, giving me a chance to jump off and make this post while the great Ham of Peace is distracted.

"rumor, innuendo, misinformation, speculation, personal agendas, etc. all have served to perpetuate discourse in Wareham."

DISCOURSE ?????????

It would be wise to have a basic understanding of the definition, as well as the proper use, of any words used in a feeble attempt to slam one's opponents. Let us check an online dictionary, shall we? At the Merriam-webster website, there are several entries for the word 'discourse'.

1. archaic - the capacity of orderly thought or procedure: RATIONALITY. Certainly not applicable to our own EllenB

2. verbal interchange of ideas; especially: CONVERSATION. we'll come back to that

3. a. formal and orderly and usually extended expression of thought on a subject
    b. connected speech or writing
    c. a linguistic unit (as a conversation or a story) larger than a sentence.

So. EllenB appears to be concerned because rumors, innuendo, misinformation, speculation and personal agendas have led to a ("verbal exchange of ideas; especially: CONVERSATION")? Really. No doubt her preference would be that any and all pontifications by the BoS, as well as the knee-jerk submissions from the Pravda on the pottie, would be met by the opposite of "discourse". that would be, of course, SILENCE. Pardon me for opting out.

But, let's parse her comment a little more, if I may.

Rumor? a result of seemingly endless Executive sessions, perhaps?
Innuendo? calling Town employees "rats" couldn't possibly qualify, could it?
Misinformation? the Town would be getting NO information from the BoS if it weren't for misinformation  -  usually channeled thru you-know-who.
Speculation? the perpetual computer audit could not possibly induce such, could it?
Personal agendas????? Start with Brenda vs. any & all department heads  -  no, that couldn't be a 'personal agenda'.

I think that she has earned a Daryl, doncha think?

ELLLLLLLLLLLLLL  -  ENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

********************************************************************************************

A comment, if I may, on Chief Stanley. He appears to be competent, and all that, at this point. Fine. But what's up with the political posturing? There are positions in Town government that ought to be apolitical. Certainly, the Chief of Police is one positon that ought not to be mired in the political BS.

the question is: Why, Chief Stanley, why?

********************************************************************************************

OK, the Peace Train is ready to roll, and I have to jump on before the Ham of Peace catches me dissing someone. It was just too easy to pass up.

#12 2010-03-14 20:31:28

I AGREE AND THE NEW TA SHOULD BE ABOVE POLICTICS  HE SHOULD NOT HAVE GONE TO A JOHN DONAHUE  FUND RAISER.

#13 2010-03-14 21:06:48

NAL:
Just a minor edit to your fabulously peaceful post, Brenda has a personal issue with anyone who is gainfully employed.

#14 2010-03-14 22:22:45

I see a reference to people who disagree with the selectmen as "malcontents."  Any questions on where "Move Wareham Backward" really stands on "mature and responsible debate?"

Nota, sometimes on this long journey on the road of peace, we have to pull the peace bus over for a pit stop at a 7-11 to drink a big gulp of un-peace while we gas up the peace bus.  Fear not, for tommorrow, it will be all aboard the peace bus - destination - a peaceful Wareham.

Ham of Peace

#15 2010-03-15 00:09:29

The Baglady and the Chief ought to keep their PRIVATE e-mails private.
Did the Chief write his e-mail on a Town owned computer?
Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut,

#16 2010-03-15 21:04:58

Malcontent here, checking in while the peace bus is making its daily refueling.

How L-A-M-E is that? the best that EllenB can do is characterize us peacebloggers as malcontents? Malcontents have a very long history in this world.

Today is March 15, the Ides of March. In 44 BC, Julius Caesar was warned about the Ides of March, not to go to the
Roman senate, where those malcontents lurked. He ignored the warning, and was stabbed to death by the Senators, thus ending his dictatorship and triggering a civil war. Now, THOSE were malcontents; including Cassius (yon Cassius has a lean & hungry look) and Brutus (et tu Brute?).

So. were the Roman senators wrong in their brutal act as malcontents? the civil war that followed yielded the first Roman emperor and initiated the Roman empire. Were the malcontents right in getting Julius Caesar out of the way and paving the way for his nephew, Octavius?

Tricky stuff, being a malcontent. I take it as a compliment.

this will be Malcontent week, sorta like Shark week on the Discovery Channel.

Tomorrow, the thrilling tale of American malcontents, right here in Massachusetts.

Tune in. Same Bat time. Same Bat channel.

gotta go, the Peace bus is fueled up & ready to roll.......

#17 2010-03-15 21:22:26

TAKEBACKWAREHAM
VOTE4CHANGE
April 6, 2010
P-SPAN

#18 2010-03-16 07:14:07

Personally I did not appreciate being called anything by the Chief of Police, he really is seeming to be something of a hypocrite, he says police should stay out of politics, well then Chief stay out of politics!
An argument could be made that the current "leaders" are the malcontents, and how is the Chief going to work with new people on the Board? Is a malcontent anyone who challenges this Board?
All in all it is not a good situation. I think he is doing a good job but I really want him to stick to police Chiefing.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com