#1 2010-03-11 07:12:10

ACCORDING TO WAREHAM WEEKLY THE SCHOOL COMMITEE VOTED  NO COFIDENCE I THE BOARD OF SELECTMAN  , THIS IS THE SECOND ENTITY IN WAREHAM TO VOTE NO COFIDENCE IN THE BOARD OF SELECTMAN , THE OTHER BEING THE POLICE DEPT EMPLOYEES UNION, I TO VOTE NO COFIDENCE IN THE BOARD OF SELECTMAN  VOTE THESE LIARS , OUT IN APRIL.        I SEE SEVERAL LETTERS IN THE RAG SUPPORTING THE SELECTMAN , MOST ARE FREINDS OF JOHN DONAHUE LIKE MR MONNIHAN A MEMBER OF THE WAREHAM TOWN DEMOCRATIC TOWN COMMITEE WHO   WORE ANTI LIBRARY T SHIRTS A T A PAST TOWM MEETING.

#3 2010-03-11 16:52:32

Standard Times wrote:

"I’ve been on the School Committee for 15 years,” Brousseau said, “and over the years we’ve worked cooperatively with the Board of Selectmen. For some reason, it’s very difficult to work with this group and I don’t know why.”

“Unless they’re in control of it, they refuse to participate,” he said.

Clifford Sylvia, who made the motion for the no-confidence vote, said, “I’m tired of dealing with the negativity of this board (of selectmen). They started throwing bombs and then they accuse us of being political? I would say it’s just the opposite.”

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbc … 015/TOWN14

Hello Peace Bloggers!  Ham of Peace here!

The school committee joins the police department in becoming the second department to take a vote of no confidence in the leadership of the selectmen.  And who can blame them?

Oh I know, the Consumer of Grain Based Treats will say, "They're the power elite!  They're the power elite!"

Nay.  Who are they really?  Current members of the school committee include Bob Brouseau and Cliff Sylvia, two men who have worked in Wareham education for many years and...Ken Fontes (you may remember, was Bobo's man of the year last year.)

A bit hard to write those folks off as "power elite" isn't it?

This school committee deserves applause.  They did a brave thing here and no doubt will be attacked unmerifully by the BOS supporters.

Meanwhile, who is the candidate that the tin hats are backing?  Why, noneother than the lady who came on this site and proclaimed that she talks to Jesus, that Jesus told her that he gave Mrs. P a terminal illness, and warned us all that Jesus would similarly strike us all.

Yep folks, veteran educators like Sylvia and Brousseau the incumbent selectmen supporters don't like...but they'll back the "I talk to Jesus" lady all day.

Alright!  Alright!  I fell off the peace wagon!  40 peace demerits for me! I will now get back on the peace wagon.

Peace Out,

Ham of Peace

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2010-03-11 17:14:33)

#4 2010-03-11 18:20:07

By: angel-joe on 3/11/10
Brenda, cheers. Again Brenda for mayor - moral courage, tenacity, guts, .... working FOR our town, on behalf of ALL the citizens

If I wasn't about peace right now I would have plenty of comments on this one

#5 2010-03-11 18:29:43

Breathe IHS.....peace is our mission.

I won't say anything..uhmmmm, about...uhmmmm, errrr, the uhmmmm, wellllll okay....

Peace out.

#6 2010-03-11 20:02:16

Just ignore angel-joe.  We all know who she is and we all know that there are a few problems in the gray matter.  After reading the articles regarding the school committee and Brenda's view on the school committee's moves, any sane person would not support Brenda.  Enough said?

#7 2010-03-11 21:38:43

I have literally now given up 1,984,452 joke opportunities all in the name of peace.

#8 2010-03-11 23:39:27

I am so proud of Ham of Peace.
He is a true leader and a peace maker.
Someday, when Brenda is gone from office for many years, she may come to realize that the School Board is separate from the Board of Selectmen.
Separate from, and totally protected from any interference from the BOS or anyone else except Town Meeting.
The School Board is completely autonomous.
They are elected separately, they are responsible to the voters only, they do not submit budgets to the BOS except to be placed on the warrant articles at Town Meeting.
Certainly anyone, even a Selectman, has the right to criticize the School Committee, it's members or the body as a whole, but that Selectman should not imply that she or any other Selectman has any influence on the workings of the school system in Wareham, except input as a citizen, parent, etc.
Seems to me it might be wise for the new Board of Selectmen to get together with the School Committee after April 6Th and pool some thoughts and ideas and vision for the future of Wareham as a whole.
There doesn't have to be turf wars between the two bodies. They should be working together and planning together. Communication has obviously been the problem...hopefully it will change in 3 weeks.

#9 2010-03-12 00:25:51

speaking of nut jobs and the School Committee, would a police offficer please advise Lynn "Jesus speaks thru me" Burroughs that a campaign sign in the back of her hatchback is probably not a good idea!!..there she was screwing up traffic today and most likely couldn't see out of her back window!..angel-joes recommendation of Brenda is as bad as someone stumping for this kook!!

#10 2010-03-12 08:13:26

As a Ham of Peace, I'm always looking for peaceful sayings and you know they always say that if you don't know what to do in a given situation, then you should ask "What would Jesus do?"

And if you don't know what Jesus would do, just ask Lynne and she'll get on the phone to him.

#11 2010-03-12 10:07:05

I think Lynne will hang up when she finds out Jesus is a Jew.

#12 2010-03-12 10:34:40

Hey, while she's phoning Jesus..(actually I think the tinfoilhat is sufficient), maybe we should think about calling Judge Judy...

TAKEBACKWAREHAM
VOTE4CHANGE
April 6, 2010
P-SPAN

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com