#1 2010-02-19 23:19:36

Remember, not so long ago..when people were worried there wouldn't be anyone to run against the incumbents? Well, now it seems we have a bit of a "log jam" (at least for Selectmen)..From what I know about ALL of them, I think we have some good people who have stepped up and are willing, and able to do a good job. I'm sure it's no easy decision to run for office in Wareham (at least in it's current state)...if only we could vote you all in.

As far as the Town Moderator and Town Clerk races..(IMO)..I think we're very lucky to have two good people offer to challenge the incumbents and make the commitment(s) necessary to help Wareham move in a positive direction.

Thank you all for giving us quality "choices" on April 6...Best of Luck!

TAKEBACKWAREHAM
VOTE4CHANGE
April 6, 2010
P-SPAN

#2 2010-02-20 09:46:14

Is there going to be a candidate's night?  If there is, I'm not going to miss it.  They'll be fireworks for sure.

We'll need some forum to decide who to vote for, with so many good people running.  Hopefully Wareham Week will interview the candidates to get their positions.

Bobo will probably try to interview them as well.  The results of that should be interesting, especially the write up on his hero, Sweet Brucey.

#3 2010-02-20 10:06:30

At some point that large field will be cut down.  It always does.

#4 2010-02-23 20:20:05

128Commuter:
Why would you want to narrow the field of candidate's?

#5 2010-02-23 20:45:57

You don't want to split the vote for the good guys. If you do that the bozos get back in

#6 2010-02-23 21:41:22

Yep, that's my fear.  The field will be split and Sweet Brucey will get back in.  I was hoping on a candidate's night to remind people of Bruce's sweet demeanor when he's asked the tough questions.

#7 2010-02-23 21:57:37

that is if he shows up. He tends to not participate in things he does not control.

#8 2010-02-23 23:30:38

Hopefully these four candidates will pull together and the two weakest candidates step down for the good of the town.

#9 2010-02-24 00:11:10

Who determines who the weakest candidates are?
Anyone running for office of any kind thinks they can win, or they are insane.
It isn't a question of who is strongest on either side, it is who wants it the most and who will work the hardest to get the position.
Knowledge, ability to pass on knowledge, vision, foresight, a plan, an understanding of history and a concept of the future, a willingness to serve and the ability to do so...these are the things that will get someone elected.
Who tells anyone to get out?
There are two positions open. The incumbents will run in tandem, although they will try to avoid appearing to be doing so...every voter has two votes. Some voters will "bullet" vote, or only vote for one candidate. It requires another candidiate to get three votes to go ahead...one to cover not receiving a vote, two to tie, and three to go ahead.
If you are going to run, as a non incumbent, you need to run independent of each other with a similar vision and message.
The choices will be clear. Those who intend to be re-elected and continue business as usual, and those who seek change and the need to bring civility, intelligence, foresight and competence to the office of Selectman.
Hard work...that's it.
This is not an incumbent's year. No matter who they are.
Time is running short and a lot of work has to be done. It won't be easy, but, it can be done.
If you only win one seat this election on the BOS, you certainly won't give up. This is just the beginning of what will probably take three years to accomplish.
Patience is a virtue.
Hard work is a must.
Best of luck to all of the candidates for every office.
Win or lose, you all show a commitment to serve the Town of Wareham, and you should be commended.
Remember one thing: Don't give up!!

#10 2010-02-24 00:16:51

Let me toss this out:  I wouldn't say : "weakest", because every one of these candidates is stronger than the people we must replace. It's a practical matter, not a people matter.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Let's assure the two candidates who, hopefully, withdraw and throw their support to the other two, that they will have our support in 2011....and let me tell you, it's scary how fast a year goes by. We can't do everything that needs to be done in this voting cycle.

Stay focused : VOTE APRIL 6 !

Last edited by Dick Wheeler (2010-02-24 01:10:35)

#11 2010-02-24 06:47:16

Once this years election ends, the battle cry will be April 5, 2011!!..without a recall, and having to endure another year of Brockton Brenda and Mrs Moderator, it won't be too early to consider who will replace these two..

Mr Wheeler is correct: stay focused on this years election , it's a golden oppurtunity to make positive changes for our Town..one year later, we could conceivably have replaced the worst BOS of all time!! (not to mention the Moderator and Clerk)..

#12 2010-02-24 07:39:16

Recall starts April 7, 2010. Til then folks focus April 6, 2010. Throw the bums out.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com