#2 2010-02-17 08:28:17

Darn the S-T's charging - did Bobo write this?

#3 2010-02-17 08:45:55

Hamatron5000 wrote:

Darn the S-T's charging - did Bobo write this?

Yeah, who knows or cares? Every one of Bobo's transparent multiple personalities are identical and I doubt S-T even checks any more.

All Murdocks minions are charging.

#4 2010-02-17 09:00:35

I was hoping they would at least have the sense not to point fingers, but I guess that was too much to ask. In return, I hope they realize that comments made on in their very own forum are on the same level. What makes this even more comical, their forum is moderated, which means the moderator (I think we all know who he is) is as responsible as the poster of the comment. I wonder if the curious folks who read the real newspapers would be interested in knowing that the current Town Moderator and Vice Chairman of the CRC post on that site? I would also be curious if the citizens of this town would find it a bit offensive if some of those comments were made public?

Did I mention the "we only care" organization of MWF also post on that site? They have made some very lovely comments!

Oh well, I had hoped for a couple of days of rest after all the fun at the hospital....

#5 2010-02-17 09:17:51

Here's an idea worth discussing, a suggestion I've heard several times in recent weeks.

This site gets shuttered to all but a select few for a period of, say, a week.

Brainless can't report news anymore. His bosses are too reprehensible. Without us, he has nothing and spontaneously combusts. Thoughts?

#6 2010-02-17 09:33:05

Bill,

First let me thank you for having this site available to me and the many others that rarely (or never) post, but read every day.  It has been a great learning tool for me and I am sure multiple other citizens of this town. 

That being said, I would have to agree that if you cut off the news flow to the clown, he will have nothing to write about.  I was actually kind of excited when it was down for a day or two last week, thinking that if it is down for a week or so, it would be interesting to see what he could possibly write about. 

Although I would not like to see the site go away for any period of time, I think it would be an interesting test at least.

#7 2010-02-17 09:41:29

Bill, I agree too; I would like to see the clown dealing with a select few and his own moat for awhile: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ha-ha_(garden)

#8 2010-02-17 09:51:22

I've said this more times than I can count, but here goes again:

Blogging did not invent Bobo.  Bobo invented blogging.

Bobo had three years where he went completely unchallenged.  Going unchallenged all of that time made him stronger, meaner, nastier, and overall left him with a feeling that he could get away with anything.

Then, this site came along and in the space of 1 year - he was left officeless, driven out of Wareham, ads nearly non existent, we came close to winning last year's election - all results of this site making a more informed population - more and more people learning the truth and realizing that Bobo is a stone cold douchebag.

Being unchallenged is what he wants more than anything.  We've gained some hard fought ground, but I guess some people with short memories disagree.

If shutting the site down and letting the fat bastard become as strong as he used to be is what people need to realize once and for all that the only way to beat a bully is to stand up and fight, then perhaps it would not be a wasted experiment.

Though to be honest, this is an election year for all the marbles - I'd hate for  the only place where the voters can go to get the truth go down for even a day.

Whatever you all want.  I'm nothing if not a "Ham" of the people.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2010-02-17 09:53:04)

#9 2010-02-17 10:04:47

Hamatron5000 wrote:

Though to be honest, this is an election year for all the marbles - I'd hate for  the only place where the voters can go to get the truth go down for even a day.

That's why I was reluctant to mention it.

There are alternatives, though. For instance, it's simple enough to deputize a few here to move all Bobo rants out of view.

#10 2010-02-17 10:20:55

Hamatron5000 wrote:

....but I guess some people with short memories disagree.

I am just a relative newbie to the site and I would hope that my thoughts alone wouldn't swing this one way or another.  My only thought is that this site (and his barf inducing "Man of the Year" award) are all that he writes about nowadays.  Just thought it would be interesting to see what happens without this for him to write about.  A permanent shutdown?  Hell no.  I think this site is critical to inform people of the BS going on in this town. 

Please take my comments with a grain of salt.  I have not been on here as long as most of you have and don't have the past to fall back on.   I stopped reading the rag YEARS ago and have nothing but his "free" area to judge his spewing by.   Paying anything to be continuously angered by his rants is not my cup of tea.

#11 2010-02-17 10:29:11

If my opinion means anything (It does to my dog and cat!), I would sorely miss my daily dose of humor (P-span, Ham, BillW, and Dick Wheeler) if this site were to drop for a few days. I think Slager will continue to write about himself (he is the news) no matter what is posted here.

The election will not be won or lost on this blog. It does provide a necessary community service, but I still believe the vast majority of citizens do not participate or read either blog.

I trust Bill's judgement, after all, he is family (so to speak).

Maybe we can actually have a Slager-free environment for an entire week or longer? I think the Selectmen and their "staff" provide enough fodder.

#12 2010-02-17 10:34:58

I like your modified idea best so far, Bill. We've become his news and as a result, the target of the Select-clowns. We all realize that the issues Wareham has to address should not be these. If the rants and raves could be separated I think this site would broaden its appeal and be pointed out to even more eligible voters as a "must read".

#13 2010-02-17 11:08:10

I agree with Ham, blogging didn't create Bobo, Bobo created blogging.

Bobo can say, the bloggers said this , the bloggers said that, bit who's really listening to him? People with half a brain will check it out themselves and decide on their own where the truth is. He can say this is a hate site with hatful imagery till he's blue in the face, but if u take a look it's not true. Although that cute puppy picture makes me want to do something hateful. Sarcasm Bobo!

I disagree with Ham that we almost won the election. That only perpetuates Bobo's belief this is a political site for TBW, CBW, APRIL6, BMW, ESPN, ETC

yes, any opponent is better than the sweet brucie crew, and I'm sure that's what Ham meant.

If thus site goes down, even temporarily, Bobo would consider it a personal victory.

I will issue a challenge to Bobo, if you go away, this blogger will go away. Let the Town work things out without interferrence. Then you'll truly see where the problems are.

#14 2010-02-17 11:22:02

billw wrote:

Without us, he has nothing and spontaneously combusts. Thoughts?

Now THAT would be a blast of biblical proportions..interesting thought, Bill. He definitely gets quiet when we do. But giving him "open-season" to spread his lies without setting the record straight (or, attempting to)..isn't a great option either. Bobo's a pain in the ass, isn't he?

TAKEBACKWAREHAM
VOTE4CHANGE
April 6, 2010
P-SPAN

Last edited by P-SPAN (2010-02-17 11:23:52)

#15 2010-02-17 12:42:14

Ok, I'm with Commonsense and Ham on this one. Once you start playing aggressive censor, there's no way out.

Last edited by billw (2010-02-17 12:59:55)

#16 2010-02-17 12:43:39

commonsense wrote:

I will issue a challenge to Bobo, if you go away, this blogger will go away. Let the Town work things out without interferrence. Then you'll truly see where the problems are.

If I ever thought for a second that Bobo the Assclown would clean up his act, stop lying, and stop raping the reputation of anyone who disagrees with his BOS masters, then I would hang my blogger hat up for good.  I don't find blogging particularly enjoyable, and there are better things I could be doing than getting into online arguments with washed up elderly men who follow Sweet Brucey around like he's a rock star.

We all know he won't - and a Wareham where Bobo lies rule the day unchallenged is a scary place.

The day Bobo stops lying is the day I stop blogging.  If the Hypocrite Elite wants the blogging to stop, then perhaps they should get their lap dog under control.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2010-02-17 12:59:31)

#17 2010-02-17 15:47:06

I agree with Common...shut down the site for even a day and he will pounce on it. Look what happened last week. Site went down for a little while and he relished in the thought it was gone and even wrote he hoped it was the end.
Let HIM shut down for a few days.

#18 2010-02-17 17:40:31

GWB

FYI the above referenced letter was written by Christopher Gay. (Saw the print addition earlier.)

#19 2010-02-17 19:22:24

I finally read this and didn't think it was all that bad.  A Quick Summary (and this is my take on it, anyway,) it seems to be saying: we're kinda funny, but we should watch the potty talk, and keep in mind the woes of cyberbullying, which is a big problem in America, particularly for the fragile teenage girl psyche (i.e. teens on facebook making fun of who looks fat, who looks stupid, kids having a hard time dealing with those comments.)

The only thing I wonder about is that last part - I guess we made the mistake of thinking that the pushing 50 self-proclaimed toughest and hardest hitting reporter around (again, so he self-proclaims) could handle a little criticism, but perhaps he only does have the psyche of that of a fragile teenage girl and we should try to be nicer.

I just can't have a teary eyed Bobo crying into a container of cream cheese on my conscience.

#20 2010-02-17 22:32:01

SO...are we to believe that when BoBo tells lie after lie about hard-working honest citizens in a paper rag that it is OK because of his right to express his opinion, but when frustrated citizens respond on a blog, it is cyberbulling cuz BoBo believes he is entitled to the same protection as a little girl.

#21 2010-02-18 07:15:36

GWB, just curious but any relation to David Gay #2 honcho Leading Knight at the Wareham Elks?

#22 2010-02-18 21:50:17

GWB

I am sorry Wag but I do not know the answer to that question.

#23 2010-02-18 22:23:13

Ok, this isn't worth another thread, and maybe it isn't worth writing it at all but I will.  It's because I am nice and want to help correct the clown.  I mean really, Bobo, don't you remember that Valentine's day was last Sunday?  You try to write a nice story about Andrew Dexter and you come up with:

From Wareham Observer webiste:  "On Saturday, as a cold wind blew through Valentine’s Day"?

Jesus.  It was only 4 friggin days ago.  Get your head out of your ass.

edit:  HaHa.  Within 15 minutes of this post, it is changed.  Stop monitoring this site and get some sleep Bobo.   Then maybe you won't make these mistakes.

Last edited by WantToSeeChange (2010-02-18 22:44:04)

#24 2010-02-19 01:04:26

"Cyber-bullying is the subject of an ongoing national debate in response to an uptick in teen suicides. Fifteen-year-old Phoebe Prince of South Hadley took her own life last month after receiving abusive text messages and postings on Facebook, the popular social networking site."

Sounds like a final desperate cry for help.  I assume you'll all join me in ignoring it.

Last edited by Petethemeat (2010-02-19 01:04:50)

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com