#1 2010-02-16 19:38:08

Wow.  My Hypocrisy meter is off the charts!

Legal expert Brucey declares that the BOS doesn't need to apologize and declares the BOS off the hook.  Wow, what a powerful Brucey.

OK, so let me get this straight.

The selectmen just violated the open meeting law 14 times and their response is to not apologize, but instead, to blast all of the other town committee members and volunteers and have them attend an open meeting workshop, basically implying they'll get canned if they don't.

Yes, you heard that right - the people who just violated the open meeting law 14 times just complained about the people who haven't violated it once and are making them go to a workshop.

Yes, you also heard it right - Cronie, who took off the entire month of last October and missed the first night of town meeting, and Sweet Brucey, who just took off the last two months for a two month Mexico junket - those two bastions of meeting attendance just bitched that town volunteers might miss a meeting.

Excuse me, I have to go repair my Hypocrisy Meter.  It just exploded.

#2 2010-02-16 19:43:20

Public beatings will continue to April 6th when the voters of Wareham decide they have had enough!

#3 2010-02-16 19:47:20

Who was that brave soul - and WO fan - who started Brenda's deluded motor running?

#4 2010-02-16 19:54:01

cronan and brenda both said it was other boards that made mistakes whenthey were in  and they picked up oo this and thats why they made open meeting violations , its the other guys fault and bruce said i dont give a rats ass about the  opening meeting violations , if the town does not like it then vote at the elections.

#5 2010-02-16 20:02:15

some guy  came  into citzens particpation   and said why give money to the freinds of the library and not the town and something about vote 6 and metioned dick wheeler  ,this was definetly a selectman plant,    this ass hole can give money however he wants but for the selectman and there plant suggesting to give money to the town  and not the freinds  is just wrong,  people give to the freinds.

#6 2010-02-16 20:05:25

now its senior citzens  houseing at tremont nail and westfeild project  to be put on the april balllot  .

#7 2010-02-16 20:05:32

senior housing so near the train tracks at Tremont Nail ....

#8 2010-02-16 20:37:26

Wow, Sweet Brucey dodged that "Do the selectmen support Vote April 6" question like the plague.  Don't blame them, with his track record, I wouldn't want people knowing when the election is either.

Don't worry Sweet Brucey, just as you say, the people will you know whether your 14 open meeting law violations "is a big deal" on election day.

Now go pay your taxes.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2010-02-16 20:38:41)

#9 2010-02-16 21:09:24

16 Ham, and 19 since '06..

Yes, Sweet Brucey said some very "Sweet" thing's early in this meeting..I can't relate the "sweetness" of Brucey as well as he, I'll let the video speak for itself. IHL had it right (and so do you)..Bruce believe's Cronie & "the Board" satisfied the requirements of the DA's letter's for, what he classified as "alleged" violation's. I hope the DA's office is paying attention. They can bitch all they want that they're "picked on", but I believe they've FINALLY been called on just a few of their screw-ups. Even the "little thing's" would be nice..like posting the meeting agenda's online..at some point, before the meeting..or send out the automated email's...also, I believe ALL member's of committee's and board's receive a copy of the Open Mtg. Law, and "sign-off" that they've received, read, and understand it..So, why NOW the need to pay K&P to have a presentation, make a video, and make every person "swear to God" that they fully understand it? NAL (I believe) brought up that K&P are already "on tour" educating people on the upcoming changes to the Open Mtg. Law. I say, "Great", maybe they'll finally learn it, but I wonder why it's been "acceptable" up to this point. Ignorance is not an excuse, and I don't believe they "didn't realize" they were breaking the law all those times.

TAKEBACKWAREHAM
VOTE4CHANGE
April 6, 2010
P-SPAN

#10 2010-02-16 21:22:31

I'm not necessarily against the idea of an open meeting law workshop.  I just think that the double digit open meeting law violating selectmen should be the ones at the workshop in the front row taking notes and wearing dunce caps.  The selectmen just getting caught with 14 open meeting law violations on top of many previous violations...where do they get off taking to task town volunteers who have not violated the meeting law one time?

They want to have a workshop?  Have a workshop.  But don't make it out like town volunteers who haven't violated the open meeting law are the problem.  The selectmen with double digit open meeting law violations are the problem.

Also, Cronie who skipped a month and the first night of town meeting, and Brucey, who skipped two months to go to Mexico, complaining that town volunteers might miss a meeting.  Uh, hello, clowns?  How many meetings have you two missed?

#11 2010-02-16 21:25:39

Someone told me, but I can't confirm it because I didn't hear it, so let me ask if anyone else heard it - did anyone hear the Brocktonite say something to the effect that the current selectmen are violating the open meeting law because previous selectnen did not teach them well about how to follow the open meeting law?

Sooo...past selectmen forced current selectmen to violate the open meeting law 14 times? Give me a friggin break.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2010-02-16 21:27:27)

#12 2010-02-16 21:26:00

Copied from...

notalawyer wrote:

Now, you  all realize that the rules change on July 1, right? The DA exits the picture, to be replaced by the State's AG office [...where...] violations of the open meeting law [..are filed with... ] THE BOARD WHICH COMMITTED THE VIOLATION IN THE FIRST PLACE. And, from there, it is a long road to the AG.

Not only that, but the fourteen county DAs will be replaced by one small group in the AG's office to supervise all 352 cities & towns [...] Clearly, this BoS has [...drawn the same...] conclusion after a little presentation [by] the Town's favorite law firm is making around the State regarding the changes. Love those expensive PowerPoint workshops, don't you?

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#13 2010-02-16 21:28:11

Bobo got an "Atta Boy" from Janey & the gang..did you catch it??
..you have fans, Assclown...The Selectbozo's

Sweet Brucey's stating his case for ignoring the voter's at Town Meeting..Your fellow Assclown, Bobo..

TAKEBACKWAREHAM
VOTE4CHANGE
April 6, 2010
P-SPAN

#14 2010-02-16 21:30:29

P-SPAN wrote:

Bobo got an "Atta Boy" from Janey & the gang..did you catch it??
..you have fans, Assclown...The Selectbozo's

Wow, praise from the selectmen.  Bobo must be on Cloud Nine.  It's always nice when your bosses give you recognition for all the work you do for them, isn't it, Bobo?

#15 2010-02-16 21:59:38

The entire BOS meeting made me nauseated.  I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

"We need to get ferry service"  ( It was the BOS that put the ferry out of business)

"We don't have parking for train service"   (Tear down a few empty buildings)

" Report your progress at the mattress store very soon" - (If the developer gets rid of those condemned buildings then give him a big cigar not a hassle)

"Congratulations to BOBO".  (UGH!  UGH! UGH!)

Please someone tell me again why we did not organize a recall for Jane and Brenda!!

#16 2010-02-16 22:04:51

Hey, every once in awhile, the master has to give the lap dog a little pat on the head.

#17 2010-02-16 22:05:56

Here we go again...they're going to repackage & attempt to "re-sell" Westfield. I hope that anyone wanting to know the pros & cons of Westfield will watch and listen to the discussion & debate from last Fall's Town Meeting...over 500 people attended and voted on this article. If it had passed..would we have been able to add a non-binding referendum question to the ballot?

Here's the link..(Westfield/Art. 2, begins at 14:00 of Part 2)

http://takebackwareham86bos.blogspot.co … -1026.html

TAKEBACKWAREHAM
VOTE4CHANGE
April 6, 2010
P-SPAN

#18 2010-02-16 22:09:11

"Oh Bobo!  What a good boy!  Good little doggie!  Now be a good boy and write the rag just like we tell you next week, Bitch!  Yeah, whose a good little BOS bitch..."

#19 2010-02-17 08:23:47

Bill I think he said his name was Michael Flarrety (sp) Haven't we heard that name before in connection with Bobo?

#20 2010-02-17 08:39:08

It was a busy week for Bobo.  The Elks named him "Citizen of the Year" and the Selectmen named him "Employee of the Month."

#21 2010-02-17 11:02:52

The citizen who spoke during citizen's participation's name is Mike Flaherty. He's also made comments on Peter Baum's Charter Review article's on the Wareham Week website.

I'm having some "technical difficulties" with last night's meeting. I hope to have them resolved, and the meeting posted asap...but it's not looking too good right now. It's too bad..with Sweet Brucey's defiance of the DA, BoS talk about raising Westfield from the dead, the CRC adding a non-binding referendum question to the ballot (or, at least the BoS saying they're ready to do it once they know what it is)...and Bobo getting "Employee of the Month"...Yep, sure wish I wasn't having technical difficulties..

2/16/2010

TAKEBACKWAREHAM
VOTE4CHANGE
April 6, 2010
P-SPAN

Last edited by P-SPAN (2010-02-18 20:13:05)

#22 2010-02-17 13:03:20

I SAY BOCOTT THE WESTFEILD ARTICLE IF IT GOES ON THE BALLOT, LEAVE IT BLANK , WE VOTED AT TOWN MEETING AND WE WON . OUR CHARTER SAYS TOWN MEETING HAS FINAL SAY ON THIS MATTER  ,  LETS LEAVE IT AT THAT , THEY HAVE NO RIGHT  TO PUT THIS QUESTION ON THE  BALLOT , LEAVE THE QUESTION BLANK.

#23 2010-02-17 14:22:49

ihateliz wrote:

I SAY BOCOTT THE WESTFEILD ARTICLE IF IT GOES ON THE BALLOT, LEAVE IT BLANK , WE VOTED AT TOWN MEETING AND WE WON . OUR CHARTER SAYS TOWN MEETING HAS FINAL SAY ON THIS MATTER  ,  LETS LEAVE IT AT THAT , THEY HAVE NO RIGHT  TO PUT THIS QUESTION ON THE  BALLOT , LEAVE THE QUESTION BLANK.

Wouldn't leaving it blank empower the article a bit?  If you don't believe it should be there then vote it down.  A blank ballot, although not positive or negative, gives the positives a stronger chance of winning.

#24 2010-02-17 14:57:29

Not sure if they count blank votes, so voting no would be the best method.

The idea was good in theory IHL

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com