#1 2010-02-13 17:14:50

I have some questions about grants, boring I know but if anyone can help with the answers it would be much appreciated.

Can anyone get a copy of a grant?

Does the grant give a specific job description?

Do you have to keep records of how many applications you received?

Do you have to keep records of the time and dates of all interviews?

Do you have to keep a record of the date the job was filled?

Do all grants require an Affirmative Action sign off sheet which states every effort was made to include minorities?

Once a person has been chosen for job funded by the grant can that person be required to perform other duties? For instance if the grant pays for 40 hours for a specific job can  that person work 30 hours at the grant job and 10 hours doing some other kind of clerical duties which do not have anything to do with the job specified by the grant.

Do all grants require a letter to be sent out to all the applicants stating that the job has been filled and thanking them for their application?

Can you hire someone for a grant job without conducting ANY interviews especially if it has been posted by town?

Is any or all of the information mentioned above part of the public record and therefore anyone can ask for this information through the Freedom of Information Act?

Thanks for any and all help in answering these questions.

#2 2010-02-13 19:36:35

The answers to at least some of these questions are grant specific.  In other words, you  will have to look at the grant rules written by the granting organization.  If you post information about the specific grant you are interested in, people on this site may be able to help find more specific answers.

#3 2010-02-13 20:47:12

Contact the agency/person who provided the grant.  If it were gov't funded, any information you want should be available under the freedom of information act.  That would include the proposal that was submitted to the funding source.

#4 2010-02-14 08:19:21

thank you all for the information and thanks to the people who sent me pm's with detailed information. When someone needs information this blog is almost as good as a library.   (:

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com