#1 2010-02-08 07:51:32

"Registered Democrats in Wareham will be holding their annual Caucus at the Wareham Free Library on Feb. 13, 2010 at 10:30 a.m. to elect eleven Delegates and three Alternates to the 2010 Massachusetts Democratic Convention. "

How is it that the Friends can't have their book sales at the library until the new building/meeting policy is created, but the Garden Club met last week and the Dems are meeting next week.  Seems like discrimination to me. The irony is that the Friends are a library support group that raises money for the library and by purchasing the required books and materials helped to keep the library from being decertified.  The other groups just get to use the room and the taxpayers pay MM to clean up after and get the room ready before. We're still waiting to hear from Mr. Andrews--"will advise."

Don't get me started.

#2 2010-02-08 08:51:49

The difference is that the Dems provide political support and campaign cash.  The sad part is, if the Friends were to put some cash in the pockets of a few local politicians, they'd probably be able to use the library too.

The garden club probably gets to meet there because of the Cat Lady.  They know they need to keep her happy because she knows all the dirt on them.

#3 2010-02-08 08:54:28

The Friends of the Library aren't allowed to meet at the library.  Welcome to Communist Russia.

#4 2010-02-08 09:48:39

Hamatron5000 wrote:

The difference is that the Dems provide political support and campaign cash.  The sad part is, if the Friends were to put some cash in the pockets of a few local politicians, they'd probably be able to use the library too.

The garden club probably gets to meet there because of the Cat Lady.  They know they need to keep her happy because she knows all the dirt on them.

ellen begely from MWF wife of david CRC and campaign contributor to current selectmen is in the garden club..

#5 2010-02-08 11:08:22

WE CAN CORRECT THIS PROBLEM IN APRIL VOTE OUT THE IDIOTS IN APRIL AND LET A RAY OF SUNSHINE COME OVER WAREHAM, AND CLEANSE WAREHAM OF THE CRAP THESE IDIOTS  HAVE BROUGHT OVER WAREHAM.

#6 2010-02-08 15:39:45

Just to clarify, the Friends just can't have their book sale in the meeting room even though we have followed the library's meeting room policy for all our past book sales. The Friends did have a meeting in the conference room in January, which was also reserved according the to policy.

We were told we would be able to have our book sale again if we follow the guidelines for the meeting room. However, there are no guidelines yet. So, how does that work? If the Dems and Garden Club can use the meeting room without guidelines in place, why can't the Friends? That's all I'm saying. Either no one gets to use the meeting room, or everyone gets to use it. Fair is fair.

And don't give me the line that they don't know how we spend our money. That is NOT part of the current meeting room policy. And if the town begins to put restrictions on how non-profits who use meeting rooms in town buildings can spend their money, I think there will be some issues. Are you going to start telling the Garden Club how to use its money?? I don't think so. Again, fair is fair. Why treat the Friends differently?

Every time we skip a book sale, we have less cash to use to purchase books and materials so the library can get certified in the following year (not the year we are trying to get certified in now. I mean the fiscal year that ends in June for the town. So far, from July first of 09, the Friends have probably only purchased 17,000 in books and materials which is a far cry from the 45,000 that needs to be spent.)

As to one of the other reasons--that we are being investigated? The president of the Friends spoke with the IG investigator and asked if there was any reason that we couldn't have book sales because of the investigation and they said none. By the way, in this country you are innocent until proven guilty of embezzlement/money laundering/loan sharking/copy machine/used book sale/mysterious third reason schemes.  Furthermore, I guarantee that we will be cleared of any and all allegations. The truth will be forthcoming.

#7 2010-02-08 16:25:02

Get ready for it......When the IG gives the WFL a clear slate,  the BOS won't accept that decision any more than they have accepted the carved-in-stone verdict of the Federal Court in the Library Saga.  The cry will be: "Someone stole The Brown Ledger!...We didn't change the locks fast enough ! "   

Sh-h-h-h-h-h  ........ Don't tell them what I did with it !

#8 2010-02-08 17:38:40

Dick, they can't spin the clear slate we will get because, "The Cavalry" has come to Wareham. Shall I quote a local tabloid that sang the praises of the two former FBI agents from the IG's office who are in town to root out "evil" and do a thorough investigation?

But alas, I fear you are right. No doubt we will "learn" that the cavalry was in cahoots with the DA who is (gasp) a Republican and is somehow covering up the embezzlement/money laundering/loan sharking/copy machine/used book sale/mysterious third reason schemes!!!  The very definition of spin is "may also rely on creative presentation of the facts, "spin" often, though not always, implies disingenuous, deceptive and/or highly manipulative tactics."

Now, where have we seen that happen before?? When we all learned that instead of K and P using a fine tooth comb to go over the computer disks, we learned the disks had been in possession of the DA since the time they were copied. So, when one has egg on one's face, one must SPIN!! Ergo,the DA was covering up the emblezzement/money....well, you know the rest! LOL.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com