#1 2010-01-17 08:58:33

I couldn't have said it better myself!!  Thanks Mr. De Costa. Looking forward to reading NEWS in Wareham Week.

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbc … 015/TOWN14

#2 2010-01-17 09:40:47

Poor Bob.  He can't help himself.  His insecurity and bitterness is coming through loud and clear with his negativity.  His worst fear is about to happen:  the truth will start to be published in Wareham.  Oh the misery of it all.  Already this new paper is putting things in perspective......the tabloid is only concerned with town hall (and distorting the truth)..   YEAH!!!!! the truth is about to happen....It's an exciting way to start this new year.

#3 2010-01-17 11:26:36

Nora Bicki wrote:

I couldn't have said it better myself!!  Thanks Mr. De Costa. Looking forward to reading NEWS in Wareham Week.

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbc … 015/TOWN14

Amen.  The personal and professional  history of the Wareham Week founders and staff is to be commended.  They are bound to succeed and boost the image of this great Town!

When I first encountered Bruce I asked why the real estate was priced so low.  His answer was "They (the residents) think poor". Not any more! The adversity of the past ten years has had a side-effect of bringing the community together to do something about it.

Let's do our part by supporting this great venture!

Last edited by mama bear (2010-01-17 11:28:09)

#4 2010-01-17 12:49:50

Robert Slager, publisher of the Wareham Observer said: "As I have not seen the finished product of Wareham Week, it would be premature to speak in depth on it. I have always maintained that the world needs more newspapers, not fewer.

YET BOBO HAD NO PROBLEM GIVING THE PAPER A JEER A FEW WEEKS AGO BEFORE THEY PUBLISHED A SINGLE PAPER

#5 2010-01-17 14:28:28

Not to knock the Standard Times because they have done a good job of exposing our corrupt board of select-clowns, but why did they interview Bobo in an article about journalism?  I could see it if they were doing an article where they needed to get opinions from fraudulent pieces of shit, but that lowlife bottomfeeder doesn't know a thing about journalism.

Oh well, you gotta love it when Bobo gives journalism advice.  Why don't we ask the fox for advice on how to guard the henhouse while we're at it?

Anyway, Bobo, here's what you meant to say:

"The editor of this new paper should pucker up and kiss Brucey's ass as hard as I do.  I like to kiss Brucey's ass hard enough to form a vaccuum seal between my lips and Sweet Brucey's ass.  Yes, this new paper should not be partisan or they will fail.  I know all about that because I'm partisan all the way up Brucey's ass and that is why my second attempt at a newspaper in Wareham has failed miserably."

Yes, I'm sure Wareham Week needs journalism advice from the clown that has been sued three, almost four times and owes $5,600 in back rent and has to do all of his reporting in the home toilet office.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2010-01-17 14:30:11)

#6 2010-01-17 14:29:40

I would have liked to read it, but apparently the ST is "by subscription only" now..
You can't comment on their stories, they dropped Urbon form Wareham, and now we have to pay to read it online??

Wareham Week has timed this perfectly..Hurry up!!!

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

#7 2010-01-17 14:36:17

Huh, that's weird you could read the whole story this morning.  Briefly summarized, P-SPAN, it was an article about what local journalists (and one local assclown) think about the start of Wareham Week.

Bobo said he was holding back judgment until he saw it (yeah right, pick a side of your mouth to speak out of, you've been trashing the shit out of it for months before they printed word one).  He then warned that if Wareham Week went "partisan," they would fail.  He knows all about that because he went uber-partisan straight up Brucey's butt and now his second attempt at a Wareham paper has failed - very few advertisers left, most responsible businesses won't have anything to do with him, has to do all of his reporting on a Halifax shitter, so desperate for money that he stiffed his landlord for $5600.  Yeah, I'm sure that's the kind of good advice that Wareham Week needs.

I wish the Standard Times hadn't gone pay-site.  Do papers really make enough for it to be worth it?

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2010-01-17 14:36:45)

#8 2010-01-17 15:00:01

Thanks for the breakdown Ham. I don't know if it's a moneymaker for them or not. I do know less people will get the news. I'ld hope they could draw enough people to their sites (because it's worth going to) and having advertising deals that would pay the bills.

Wareham Week!                                   Wareham Week!                                 Wareham Week!

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

#9 2010-01-17 15:50:20

Actually, the S-T website is still free IF YOU HAVE A PAID DELIVERY SUBSCRIPTION to the hardcopy edition (there was approx 24 hour validation period before my free website registration was authorized).

However, I am pretty sure that they had a small disclaimer on their website for several days before the subscription only status started, that stated INITIALLY the web version would be free to current hardcopy subscribers.  Time will tell if it remains free indefinitely . . .

#10 2010-01-17 16:23:55

Has anyone else noticed that the bagel biter has been running the same ads for the same businesses, several times a row in the same paper.  You'll open up the hard rag copy and see the same ad for one business several times, all in the same one edition.  It looks like this failure now has to repeat ads over and over in the same paper just to make it look like he has ads.  How pathetic.

Speaking of pathetic, when's he going to realize he isn't fooling anyone with "The Tri-Town Rag?"  That paper went belly up like 6 months ago, but he's been printing it on the back of the Wareham rag ever since - trying to save face so he can say "The Tri-Town Rag didn't go under, I just consolidated it!" 

Ever read the Tri-Town Rag part of the paper?  You're lucky if you see more than two paragraphs.  I doubt any Tri-towners are shelling out a nickel for that garbage.

#11 2010-01-17 17:34:20

WELL FINALLY A PAPER THAT TELLS THE TRUTH AND HAS REPORTERS TO GET THE NEWS,NOT AN ASS HOLE WHO MAKES UP THE NEWS AND HAS NO OFFICE ,JEE THE NEW NEWSPAPER HAS AN OFFICE AND DOESNT OWES BACK RENT ON HIS PAPER  AND RHE PAPER WILL PROBALY PAY ITS TAXES, THE OBSERVERS NEW MOTTO A PAPER WRITTEN BY A FOOL FOR FOOLS.

#12 2010-01-17 17:56:17

I heard an interesting fact the other day..which speaks volumes about the new paper. Apparently they have MANY businesses lining up to advertise. Imagine that?

#13 2010-01-17 19:10:32

By Steve Decosta
sdecosta@s-t.com
January 17, 2010 12:00 AM

WAREHAM — At a time when newspaper circulation has shrunk and advertising revenues have plummeted, Anne Eisenmenger is plotting the unthinkable.

The 25-year town resident and veteran journalist is launching a new weekly newspaper in a town already served by the venerable Wareham Courier and the upstart tabloid Wareham Observer. Wareham Week is scheduled to make its debut this week. The free publication will be available at locations throughout town.

Actually, Wareham Week is more than just a weekly newspaper. Complemented by a Web site called WarehamVillageSoup.com, it's part of a new business model that Eisenmenger said she hopes will satisfy both local advertisers and the public's thirst for knowledge.

"If you look at the core of what we do, people's interests and their need to know what's going on in the community isn't any less than it was 30 years ago," she said. "Local businesses still need to reach local people."

The VillageSoup model, developed in Mid-Coast Maine, is based on the concept of membership. Individuals join for free or, for $10 a year, get several amenities, including a place to maintain a blog, free online classifieds and news alerts.

Nonprofit organizations pay $5 a week and businesses pay $19.95 per week. For that price, they get unlimited posting access on the Web site, an enhanced directory listing that puts members above nonmembers, banner ads on Web pages, free online classifieds and discounts on print advertising.

"I looked at the evolution of local media and who's doing what right," Eisenmenger said of the operation she's launching with her own money. "Everyone in the media now is trying to figure it out. I like to think I independently have figured some things out. We have a team of smart, creative people who are going to continue to figure things out and we're going to get the community to help us, to tell us what they want."

One of the things she's figured out, she said, is that local roots are important.

"With regionalization, newspapers got away from being truly embedded in the community," Eisenmenger said. "If you're in the community, it's a lot easier to do. It can't be done if operations are centralized and the decision-makers are 20, 30, 40 miles away.

"It's been a long time since Wareham had a locally-based newspaper that was interested in a broad range of community things, not just what's happening at town hall."

As for her competition, "There aren't a lot of local establishments advertising in either one of them," she said. "Businesses need to reach that audience. If we can demonstrate that we're the most effective way of doing that, we can be successful."

Wareham Courier Publisher Mark Olivieri said his century-old publication won't shrink from the competition.

"Our audience in Wareham has never been stronger than it is today," he said. "Between our thousands of paid subscribers and our rapidly growing Wicked Local Web site, we continue to increase our overall audience in Wareham. For more than 100 years residents have turned to the Courier as the leading source for local news and information in Wareham. We will continue to work hard to maintain our place as the newspaper of record in town."

Robert Slager, publisher of the Wareham Observer said: "As I have not seen the finished product of Wareham Week, it would be premature to speak in depth on it. I have always maintained that the world needs more newspapers, not fewer. If Wareham Week intends to be a fair and balanced publication dedicated to pursing the truth in Wareham it could do well. If it is, as many suspect, merely a partisan publication intended to reflect the political leaning of its publisher, then I suspect it will disappear shortly after the April election."

Eisenmenger said politics had nothing to do with her business decision.

"We're not here for any political agenda," she said. "The purpose of a newspaper is to provide information for people to make good decisions. I really do believe we can provide fair, truthful, complete, clear information and, if you give that to people, they'll generally make pretty good decisions."

"There are a lot of issues on which the community can have a reasonable debate and I want Wareham Week to be the forum for that."

Eisenmenger, a Natick native and graduate of Williams College, moved to Wareham when she became Sunday editor at The Standard-Times in 1982. After eight years in that position, she spent 14 years at the Boston Globe, first as an editor, then overseeing special projects. Most recently, she was in charge of Gatehouse Media's Wicked Local network of 150 Web sites.

The editor of Wareham Week is Cyrus Moulton, a native of Marblehead who was a student at Tabor Academy. A graduate of Maine's Bowdoin college, he also studied at Columbia's journalism school.

Reporter Jaime Rebhan, from Central New York, developed her multi-media talents at a Syracuse area morning news program. She holds a journalism degree from Emerson College in Boston.

#14 2010-01-17 21:45:18

Pretty impressive.
Remember what we said about Ben Franklin?
Take a piece of paper, draw a line down the middle, on one side put the people involved with the new paper. Credentials, CVs',accomplishments, etc.
On the other side list the people involved with the unmentionable paper.
Which side is going to be  more impressive?

#15 2010-01-17 22:11:55

My understanding it that many local businesses have already placed their ads, and that many more are trying to get in.

The hype as been that this paper will news based vs commentary based.

The stars could be lined up for this one, real news stories about Warehan, a free paper for all to see, an on line version for both pesonal and public blogging. As well as great flexibility for ads.

Wish you and your team the best of success!!

#16 2010-01-18 06:11:25

searay240 wrote:

The hype as been that this paper will news based vs commentary based.

Hence the difference between a TABLOID and a NEWSPAPER!!!!!!

Quoth the tacky tabloid writer: "If Wareham Week intends to be a fair and balanced publication dedicated to pursing the truth in Wareham it could do well."

Clearly he understands why his unfair, totally slanted and unbalanced, lying tabloid is in the toilet. LOL.

#17 2010-01-18 07:10:10

danoconnell wrote:

Pretty impressive.
Remember what we said about Ben Franklin?
Take a piece of paper, draw a line down the middle, on one side put the people involved with the new paper. Credentials, CVs',accomplishments, etc.
On the other side list the people involved with the unmentionable paper.
Which side is going to be  more impressive?

WAREHAM WEEK VS THE RAG

WAREHAM WEEK - Journalists who have attended some of the country's top journalism schools, including Columbia, Emerson, and Syracuse.  Owned and operated by a former longtime newspaper executive.  Has an office in Wareham.

THE RAG - Started by a Cat Lady but by some mystery, became split up between Bobo the Clown and a Californian who has never stepped foot in Wareham.  Only one so-called  bagel addicted, barracuda wearing "journalist," canned by two newspaper companies, sued three times (twice for defamation, once by his condo association, a possible upcoming forth for leaving his landlord holding the bag on the rent.)  The President, Publisher, and Head Honcho of this company is a lunatic who rails against libraries, but if you read his typo-ridden commentary, he could desperately benefit from some time in one, because by all appearances, he is illiterate.  Has an office in a Halifax toilet.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2010-01-18 07:11:19)

#18 2010-01-18 08:16:17

ANYONE ELSE SEE THE PSPAN PICTURE HE HAD IN HIS SUN NIGHT BLOG YESTERDAY? YUP NO NEGATIVITY OVER ON THE HATESITE OVER THERE. OH MY HEAD.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com