#1 2010-01-12 20:49:46

Brock Tucy     !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    Here is a good honest hard working man that ran a successful business for decades.  Who better to start bringing leadership and decency to Wareham, since he has been so severely damaged by the horrible antics of this board.  Any one who watched the hearing saw Mr. Tucy try so hard to work things out and compromise. He was more then reasonable and put up with a lot more then I could have. He would do whats best for the whole town not just a few that support him.  It kind of reminds me of the movie walking Tall (new version).  The whole town and its leaders were corrupt and ruining the small town they lived in.  Then one of the people they hurt the most stood up, got involved in the leadership and cleaned up the town. I know this comparison is a little exaggerated, but you get the point.

#2 2010-01-12 22:49:44

Brilliant !!   I could get fully involved in a campaign to have this very intelligent,deep rooted,reasonable man  of demonstrated strong character replace ( recall ) the person whose despicable behavior resulted in great damage....not just to Brock Tucy, but to the whole town of Wareham. I don't know him except as the person I saw enduring great indignities  from the BOS.... with great dignity.  He displayed the same qualities  when under duress that made all of us...regardless of political affiliaton (I'm a knee jerk - tree hugging-  liberal democrat) want to support John McCain because of the way he endured his treatment in The Hanoi Hilton.  The qualities that define Brock Tucy are the  qualities  that are missing in 4 out of the 5 current BOS. The fifth one is a guy who was recruited to be a "Donahue patsy" but who is a man with a backbone of titanium who will always vote for what is right for Wareham,and who can be a leader in the BOS of our dreams, Make it happen !

#3 2010-01-13 08:45:58

Yes, Brock Tucy would be great, but I hope Wareham can be saved without having a saint martyr himself as a BOS board member.  We all have a tendency to want somebody else to fix things rather than work for change ourselves.

#4 2010-01-13 13:18:57

I Could Not Agree More!!!!!!  Even If He Were Not My Father....  I Would Make Him Adopt Me And You Know What.. He Would!!!!!!!  Never In My Life Have Met Such And Honest And Understanding Man..  Or Ever Will, Until I Meet The Man Upstairs...

#5 2010-01-13 13:57:31

Get those papers in!!!

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

#6 2010-01-13 14:00:55

I sorry but not even a saint, who is facing bankruptcy and could stand to profit from a position in town government, should put themselves in a position where their intentions can be misconstrued as self-serving and corrupt.

#7 2010-01-13 14:51:25

onboard19 wrote:

I sorry but not even a saint, who is facing bankruptcy and could stand to profit from a position in town government, should put themselves in a position where their intentions can be misconstrued as self-serving and corrupt.

I guess you don't know Brock.  He is not a saint, but he is honest and he has integrity, something the present BOS does not have.  Brock is a good, hard working man and even though he was quiet and respectfull before the board, he is not a pushover.  I would like to see him in front of the BOS today, being in the position that he is in and you would see a different Brock Tucy.  He wouldn't have to hold back and I'm sure he would put each one in their place, tactfully and strongly.    I doubt very much that Brock would consider running for selectman.  But.......if he did, I'm sure you would find it to be his intention to bring the BOS into line with the way town government SHOULD be run.  Trust me, if he was a selectman there would be nothing coming from his mouth that would be misconstrued - he talks straight - there wouldn't be a doubt in your mind as to what he would be talking about.  Corrupt?  Never.  He would be a good candidate, but I don't think he's interested.

#8 2010-01-13 14:55:07

I have to agree.  Sad to say, but politics being politics, no matter how good of a person he is, he will get dragged through the mud and his candidacy will come off looking like sour grapes or revenge.

Here is the basic problem with politics:  if you are crazy enough to run for a position, you are not qualified by reason of insanity! The people in this community who are most qualified, are those who are least inclined to run. 

There are plenty of other volunteer positions on boards, committees and in other community organizations where talented and dedicated individuals are appreciated.

#9 2010-01-16 23:09:17

Well, whether or not Mr Tucy is interested in running for a BOS position, I would have to ask if he is in fact qualified?  I mean absolutely no disrespect whatsoever to Mr. Tucy (and I realize that this is not HIS original post) but I need to see some candidates who are qualified and understand the governmental system this time around (there was one last time and I hope she runs again).  Just because someone owns a business in town and has had the runaround by the current board and stood up to them with respect and dignity does not make them a qualified candidate in my mind.  I don't know if Mr. Tucy has this experience and knowledge.  Perhaps he does?  Please correct me if I am wrong.

I realize that damned near anyone is better than this current board but lets not get too carried away with who runs and doesn't run.  We need people who are respectful, honest, AND know the system in order to turn this town around.  We don't really need a lot of "newbies" learning as they go.  We need people who can hit the ground running. 

Again, don't get me wrong.  This is not a bash on Mr. Tucy AT ALL.  Just making a point about what we need at this point.  I wish Mr. Tucy and his family all the best and wish that it hadn't come down to losing thieir business based on a political agenda.  That was just terrible.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com