#1 2010-01-13 21:43:02

Some might disagree, but I would dare to say that a  two decade long , three million dollar public money embezzlement scheme involving 123 people , is a big deal.  Alarms should go off all over the place.  Even national newspapers should make it front page news. The local police should be snooping into every lead in order to "get to the bottom" of the alleged crime. 

The only entity that has focussed on this outrage has jumped to the conclusion that area newspapers have not picked up on this monumental crime because they have been "bought off" by ....bad guys?  Come on!  All newspapers are competing for newsworthy stuff. A three million dollar embezzlement scheme in far-off Wareham would make the front page of The Los Angeles Times  if it had one iota of credibility as a story. No ad pressures could stop it.

Now, get this: Our local  PPP (parakeet poop pulp) has named  the police professional who hasn't shown ANY interest in this horrendous crime as his choice for Man of the Year.  He gave Wareham's Man of the Year an in depth interview and never brought up The Crime of Crimes !!!   

Oh my head!

Last edited by Dick Wheeler (2010-01-13 21:54:27)

#2 2010-01-14 00:13:11

A man who is a "carpetbagger", here for four months, seems to be a good administrator, given man of the year?
Who helped him?
That is the man of the year!!
Someone call for the Civil Service Chief's test right away!!

#3 2010-01-14 01:02:30

I  agree, Dan.  I guess we have to let Mr. Slager know that it takes a full year of good work to be recognized a person of the year.  His page title should read:  Man of 4 months of a year!  Let's see now, Bruce, Brenda, Jane, Cronin or the new TA - who nominated him.  Apparently the new TA has praised him to the hilt about the progress he has made.  Where did he hear that from, he's only been here for weeks?

#4 2010-01-14 07:04:51

Lets just say that if you are "awarded" the man or woman of the year by the Rag, what is it worth?  Do you get a free subscription?  It's not like the town voted for these people to be persons of the year.  I think the "award" is worth about the same as the paper.

#5 2010-01-14 08:39:38

Right! Consider the source. Since he probably wanted to name himself Man of the Year (or Sweet Brucey "Master of the Millenium")...he probably asked the "Brucester" what to do??? Who cares who the Rag "elects" man of the year..there's only one election in these parts that's going to matter..(click date below - tick, tick, tick)

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

#6 2010-01-14 10:08:35

There are a couple things in play here. First, the fabricator named a P/T employee as Man of the year. Who cares? His influence on this town is limited to the Tin Foil Hat Club. While I hold no Ill will toward P/T Chief Stanley, we must consider the source of this honor (or curse?). In the scheme of things, his paper and his editiorials are meaningless rantings of a madman.

Second, if you consider that MAJOR news sources haven't touched his nonsense about the library or the "calvary has arrived", you have to ask yourself why? If you think back to all the predictions made by a certain fabricator, how many of them have come true? That's right...he is 0-(pick a number).

Just a simple question: If he is such a top notch investigative reporter, why does he not know all the facts????? I say we all just smile and nod..for now..

For the lovely people that brought us MWF, your public outcries for meaningful dialogue and coming together are buried in your "hate blogging" comments. Good luck explaining that to the voters! :)

#7 2010-01-14 11:03:43

So, since the fabricator and sweet brucie arrived, who has been thrown in jail as part of the Selectmen's attack on "corruption?"

ZERO!!!

If town employees are so corrupt, why are they not in jail? Sure, there have been firings, but all firings came with a heafty SETTLEMENT (of cash) to the one fired.

Is that how you treat "corruption?"

No, that's how the town admits they did wrong and wants to prevent it from being proven in court.

#8 2010-01-14 15:26:26

Let me think: "how the town admits they did wrong."

Violating open meeting law is definitely wrong, isn't it? Has anyone heard this BoS admit it publicly and release the exec. session minutes as required by the AG's office?   (I admit I fell asleep during Tuesday night live so may have missed the atonement for sins.)

And how about making employees go on private property and trespass and deface a sign on that private property. 

It's not the town employees that are corrupt (as the settlements attest to), commonsense. Look to our elected officials!!!

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com