#1 2010-01-08 10:35:38

"Move Wareham Forward" has revised its website.  The revised website is very flashy.  What concerns me is that the brand new newspaper "Wareham Week" has chosen to announce its debut on this revised website.  Is "Wareham Week" just another BOS news outlet?  Am I being paranoid?  I thought they were going to be neutral.

#2 2010-01-08 10:58:15

gogatemen wrote:

What concerns me is that the brand new newspaper "Wareham Week" has chosen to announce its debut on this revised website.  Is "Wareham Week" just another BOS news outlet?

Wasn't that Bob Brady out hand delivering the first issue of "Wareham Week" all over town? The plot thickens.

#3 2010-01-08 11:43:05

This is what I find interesting about the Move Wareham Forward site. On the main page on the right is a list of links. Three local newspapers, the town's official site, the police dept., the DA, Wareham Housing Authority etc.

But at the top of the links the first link is this "Library Litigation Documents."  So, the only legal case in town that gets its own "link" is the library?? These documents can be accessed publicly so why put it on this site? Seems to me like the vendetta continues. I guess we know the path this group will take in moving Wareham forward.

My comment about Wareham Week is this: the paper claims it will report in an unbiased fashion and that the reporters will not write editorials. It should be a NEWSpaper. Any good PR person knows that you get the word out for a new product in as many venues as you can.

While the rest of the MWF site seems unbiased and informational at this time, the inclusion of only the library litigation documents "speaks volumes" if you know what I mean.

#4 2010-01-08 12:00:47

gogatemen wrote:

"Move Wareham Forward" has revised its website.  The revised website is very flashy.  What concerns me is that the brand new newspaper "Wareham Week" has chosen to announce its debut on this revised website.  Is "Wareham Week" just another BOS news outlet?  Am I being paranoid?  I thought they were going to be neutral.

I believe it is MWF who is attempting to be "neutral" by posting that. There was quite a bit of talk about it also on this week's tin foil hatchat. When one of his "chatters" posted a copy (in full) of the webposting, Bobo told the guy to stop plugging for TBW. Then another "Mad Chatter" (who I believe is Mike Schneider, and responsible in large part, for the MWF site) wrote that that area of the website is "designed" to offer an outlet for postings of many kinds, and that that posting may have been omitted (due to "conflict") by the administrator...but they chose to allow it.

I have a copy of a "sample issue"..and it looks to me like we're going to have a great, new, free paper in Town. Regardless of what I've heard, there doesn't seem to be any agenda (except being a "good" paper)
Time will tell..I'm looking forward to it though.

(click pic to zoom..and read)

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

Last edited by P-SPAN (2010-01-15 01:36:34)

#5 2010-01-08 12:23:11

Wareham Week is exactly what this town needs. A local newspaper that reports NEWS! I believe you will find that it is not a bias or politically motivated paper. I can tell you I am looking forward to it's success.

#6 2010-01-08 12:36:46

Since it is being advertised on the MWF website I guess Bobo can no longer claim it is being run or sponsored by the TBW crowd. I can’t wait for the first addition to hit the streets of Wareham.

#7 2010-01-08 12:37:59

Larry McDonald wrote:

Wareham Week is exactly what this town needs. A local newspaper that reports NEWS! I believe you will find that it is not a bias or politically motivated paper. I can tell you I am looking forward to it's success.

I agree 200%!!  I've always said that even the Observer would benefit if it simply reported the news and presented the facts; giving the readers a chance to form their own opinion.  Editorials are fine and I think a critical part of any news outlet so I hope there is some form of editorialism (is that a word?) in the new paper but a NEWSpaper should report the news responsibly first and I hope that's what we get.

#8 2010-01-08 16:08:43

We will keep waiting for Take Back Wareham’s affordable housing plan ... We will always wonder when the Wareham Free Library became a storage unit for self-described private groups ... Dick Wheeler will find himself up a creek without a paddle ... I will always enjoy hearing John Decas tell me what he thinks of me ... Bob Brady will write something in the first edition of Wareham Week ... I will always know that P-Span broke our deal ... Great minds will always speak about issues while small minds speak about other people ... I will come up with a better answer the next time my daughter chooses a pink Playboy guitar pick at the music store ...

GEEZ DICK DID SLAGER JUST THREATEN YOU? I KNOW HE TRIED TO TAKE YOU TO COURT (LOST MISERABLY AND TRIED TO DENY IT EVER HAPPENED) OVER A POEM.

#9 2010-01-08 16:55:04

IHATESLAGER wrote:

I will always enjoy hearing John Decas tell me what he thinks of me ...

There are thousands of ways to describe an asshole, Bobo.

But why waste words or toilet paper?

#10 2010-01-08 17:31:26

Nora Bicki wrote:

This is what I find interesting about the Move Wareham Forward site. On the main page on the right is a list of links. Three local newspapers, the town's official site, the police dept., the DA, Wareham Housing Authority etc.

But at the top of the links the first link is this "Library Litigation Documents."  So, the only legal case in town that gets its own "link" is the library?? These documents can be accessed publicly so why put it on this site? Seems to me like the vendetta continues. I guess we know the path this group will take in moving Wareham forward.

Justia.com is a legal media and technology company that provides free case law, codes, regulations, legal articles and legal blog databases on the Internet.  Anybody can create a link to their documents, which is what “Move Wareham Forward” did by referencing http://news.justia.com/cases/featured/m … 07/111766/
I don’t see anything menacing here;  it is not unusual for a new website to be short on content.  I do agree that the link was a little out of place with respect to the other “informational links.”  Nora may be correct about what direction the group wants to take Wareham, but somebody will have to make more of a case to prove it by the inclusion of that link.

#11 2010-01-08 18:25:14

I believe that Nora and others should take the transcripts, copy them off, and distribute them to everyone they meet and greet until April 6, 2010.
The best thing that ever happened to you lately, Nora, is this link mentioned and the documents for everyone to read.
Now that the BOS has violated the Court order (in my opinion), ignored the Court's instructions, and basically insulted the Court and the Trustees, I would suggest you might think about what I have always told you.
They violated the agreement, get them out of the Library business RIGHT NOW!
I am sure your lawyers will agree that this is the time to move if you want to get away from government interference and cut the cord.
If this was done to be cute by the web site mentioned, it backfired, in my opinion.
You now have information to give to the public, and I hope the new paper does a huge story about the whole situation and includes the transcripts.
Basically...the BOS said screw the order of the Court and screw the Trustees.
Now is a good time for pay back.

#12 2010-01-08 19:40:35

Mr. Onset wrote:

Nora Bicki wrote:

Justia.com is a legal media and technology company that provides free case law, codes, regulations, legal articles and legal blog databases on the Internet.  Anybody can create a link to their documents, which is what “Move Wareham Forward” did by referencing http://news.justia.com/cases/featured/m … 07/111766/
I don’t see anything menacing here;  it is not unusual for a new website to be short on content.  I do agree that the link was a little out of place with respect to the other “informational links.”  Nora may be correct about what direction the group wants to take Wareham, but somebody will have to make more of a case to prove it by the inclusion of that link.

mike s. of MWF has had a "THING" for the library for over 6 months he has been posting during the sunday night chat...... also calling "us" stoneheads and that was a nicer of the names he has used....

#13 2010-01-08 21:41:15

They have given a link to the truth. Amazing, isn't it?

#14 2010-01-08 21:53:21

Mr. Onset wrote:

I agree it is not "menacing" but of all the "documents" that could have been posted, why is this the only one? For instance, why not post the letter from the AG's office citing the most recent violation of the open meeting law by our BoS??  Why not post the results of the Steelworkers case that stated the town violated the rights of the workers and the town must reimburse part of the 6.5% pay cut they got? Why not post something about the health care fund??? These would all be good "informational links" and provide content for a new website that may be "short on content."

It is not so much the inclusion of "that link" but the exclusion of all other links. It is more than a "little out of place" in my opinion.

#15 2010-01-09 09:56:46

Nora Bicki wrote:

I agree it is not "menacing" but of all the "documents" that could have been posted, why is this the only one? For instance, why not post the letter from the AG's office citing the most recent violation of the open meeting law by our BoS??  Why not post the results of the Steelworkers case that stated the town violated the rights of the workers and the town must reimburse part of the 6.5% pay cut they got? Why not post something about the health care fund??? These would all be good "informational links" and provide content for a new website that may be "short on content."

It is not so much the inclusion of "that link" but the exclusion of all other links. It is more than a "little out of place" in my opinion.

I hate to be an apologist for the site, but the obvious difference is that the library documents describe a "difference of opinion" (if you will) that was actually resolved.  Those other links are in a different category and could be seen as further inflaming emotions, contrary to the stated goals of that group.

#16 2010-01-09 16:10:19

Wow. You win. We wouldn't want to inflame any emotions, and we all know that the library would be the last place/subject in town that would inflame any!!! So I concede. What a good choice of links for the Move Wareham Forward site. I also particularly like their mission to bring "civility" back to town and it is clear how they plan to do so!!

#17 2010-01-09 16:22:54

They're scum. They made a mistake allowing access to the transcripts by anyone who visits the site.
Like I said, I'd copy the relevant parts of the transcripts, copy them off and pass them out to everyone  highlighting in yellow all of the idiocy that occurred, and the Judge's expectations, and the response by the BOS.
Best publicity you ever got, and it will destroy their veiling of the truth. The truth will be, and now is, exposed.
They lose, you win.
Get them out of your business, Nora. The people of Wareham and Onset have supported a library system for over 100 years, mostly through private donations. Government interference is the end of the whole system.
The people of Wareham will support the libraries, not just with private donations, but after April 6, 2010, the new BOS will undoubtedly hire a qualified grant writer(s).Hopefully they will allow access to your organization to the grant writer to help you seek aid on the Federal and State level, as well as Town Meeting always supporting any shortfalls.
Get them out of your lives now, and save the library system for generations to come.
If not, they are going to destroy the reputation and eventually certification of the libraries, and there won't be any libraries.
You'd have to start all over again.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com