#2 2009-10-24 01:31:55

Wareham's crime watch makes Wall Street Journal front page
Thanks urneighbor..hope to see a new post from you.
We'll save you a seat at the victory feast.

PShooter
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#3 2009-10-24 02:35:59

billw wrote:

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20091024/NEWS/910240325/1015/TOWN14

Thanks, I should have come on this site first.  I just sent you the same thing.

#4 2009-10-24 08:57:13

As predicted, Coleman is now going to trial :) If it had been dismissed, it would have been in the rag.

#5 2009-10-24 20:05:38

The attorneys fee's have to be in the thousands by now, I wonder who is picking up the legal tab for this screw up????  Where are the supposed legal waivers the members of Crimewatch signed?  Ragman, why are you not holding our selectmen accountable for lying to the taxpayers?

#6 2009-10-25 01:09:53

because he is up bruces ass. but if itwere say a power elete person it would be front page and thats why no one reads the rag , its always one sided.

#7 2009-10-25 09:04:48

Very curious how this is all going to play out with Attorney Bello representing Crusty..I wonder how effective the "she jumped in front of my car" defense is going to work..

#8 2009-10-25 15:35:39

slagisDB wrote:

Very curious how this is all going to play out with Attorney Bello representing Crusty..I wonder how effective the "she jumped in front of my car" defense is going to work..

Bello has not been known for being the nicest or smartest attorney.  Coleman has no witnesses in his favor.  She has several who came forward on their own.  Camera phones are such good witnesses, too.

#9 2009-10-25 18:19:16

bornofwareham wrote:

slagisDB wrote:

Bello has not been known for being the nicest or smartest attorney.  Coleman has no witnesses in his favor.  She has several who came forward on their own.  Camera phones are such good witnesses, too.

Bello, knows this town,  the  cops,  the court system here in wareham.    From what I understand, he is very respected by the court.   It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

#10 2009-10-25 21:23:01

HOW COME NO COMMENT FROM THAT CRAZY LOON SLAGER, IF THERE WAS TO BE NO TRIAL HE WOULD HAVE HAD AN ARTICAL UP , HE IS A  PARTISAN ASS HOLE.

#11 2009-10-25 21:47:17

quote from slager in his article on the railroading of coleman....

"I will say what nobody else has the courage to say right now. I’m not buying this for a second. I believe in my heart that Coleman is innocent.     I’m not saying nothing happened on Friday. I am saying I don’t believe a felony occurred. I will bet my life that Coleman will ultimately prevail in court. The state will have to prove intent. That will be close to impossible."

#12 2009-10-25 22:02:34

He will do everything in his power to cloud the readers mind.  Again, I would like to know who is picking up the legal tab for this? Didnt they tell Mr. Holmes that they all signed waivers relinquishing the town of any legal responsibility? Thats what the BOS chair said if im not mistaken.  If the town is infact picking up the legal in this side show why isnt the editor questioning the BOS for making false statements?? 
The proof in his smoke screen tactics is all over the Couriers web site, dont engage this man, its really only about one person, himself.  Hopefully he will use town meeting as his farewell tour.

#13 2009-10-25 22:09:58

http://takebackwareham86bos.blogspot.co … about.html

Worth listening to the whole thing again but my question starts at the 2:25 mark.

How many more blunders can our town afford?  Has anyone located the off switch?

Last edited by wareham pride (2009-10-25 22:11:53)

#14 2009-10-26 00:18:37

PinkPanther wrote:

bornofwareham wrote:

slagisDB wrote:

Bello, knows this town,  the  cops,  the court system here in wareham.    From what I understand, he is very respected by the court.   It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you and I'm positive I've been in town longer than he has and I know this town better than he does.  Any attorney knows the court system in all courthouses.  Yes, he knows the cops and to be blunt - with his disregard for his clients he has screwed them over big time. He can be a very pleasant man.  He deals best with wills and real estate.  I think this will definately be interesting to see how this plays out. I don't think he will go to jail, but he should spend a few months there at least, but we all know the judges try to work around jail with a person of that age.  I think he should lose his driver's license for a considerable amount of time.  The bus goes right by the end of his street, or he can walk - he had no problem walking in the heat this summer, giving out parking tickets.

And, as I think of it, why would his knowing the cops have anything to do with the outcome of this trial.  Are you insinuating that the cops would lie and be on Coleman's side because Bello knows the cops or that because he is very respected by the court the judge will agree on anything he says?  NOT!

Last edited by bornofwareham (2009-10-26 00:29:30)

#15 2009-10-26 17:12:35

Well, if nothing else comes of it, now hopefully Mr. Coleman can explain while under oath how he could legally issue citations. Did he obtain some limited commission police powers? Was he and the other community 'policing' folks sworn in? The funniest thing would be to find out that he had no authority to issue this citation or any for that matter.

#16 2009-10-26 17:19:24

Will the waivers that the BOS Chairman told the audience that crimewatch signed be admitted as evidence on behalf of the town?  Thank god we have signed waivers so the town won't be responsible, we already have enough legal fees to worry about.  If we are paying for these attorneys fees will the Observer be holding the BOS accountable?

#17 2009-10-26 17:32:31

wareham pride wrote:

If we are paying for these attorneys fees will the Observer be holding the BOS accountable?

http://www.birdsinthebelfry.com/sign%20sweep%20under%20rug.jpg

PShooter
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

#18 2010-01-04 19:15:03

Bump.

#19 2010-01-05 12:15:53

Anyone go to the trial today?

#20 2010-01-09 00:46:48

CROSS-POSTING FROM ANOTHER THREAD:

So, how exactly does an IRS and Commonwealth of Massachusetts recognized 501-c-3 charitable organization move from a position of receiving voluntary donations intended to foster better community relations to a position of handing out parking tickets (a form of mandatory contributions??) and/or other traffic citations while driving around in cruisers looking so much like law enforcement instead of community volunteers????????????

Even Red Cross vehicles are NOT authorized to use lights and sirens while moving on streets and highways to conduct their charitable work (Red Cross vehicle lights and/or sirens are only authorized to be used at the emergency scene or when specifically authorized by State or local law enforcement)!

If Onset Community Crime Watch smells like rotten fish and looks like rotten fish and acts like rotten fish, then just maybe it could be rotten fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since I do not reside in Wareham/Onset, I may not be the best person to bring this to attention of appropriate authorities, but it sure does seem like some state and/or federal level entity should be made aware of this and if not already under investigation one should be initiated ASAP!

#21 2010-01-09 01:30:30

As I was searching through the wording of Crime Watch's application for a non-profit corporation and some of the blogger's statements I was confused but I knew I was missing something.  They may have started out as a good group of people wanting to help their town.  Great, but the wording to the state says they will basically be watching out for vandals and suspicious activity and making people aware of potential areas of their home that could be easily accessed by a robber, etc..  All good things.  Work with local police departments, another good thing if it means to drop a dime and call the police when they see a problem.  Working with the police - not against them.  If the town wants parking tickets on cars over the time limit, that's why we have seasonal police officers.  Instead of promoting a safer community and improving the quality of life within a neighborhood (the village of Onset) they are making enemies.  Not all those parking tickets were given to non-residents.  I am not referring to anyone but Mr. Coleman when I speak of how rude, arrogant and obnoxious he was to the people parked in Onset Center.  His language was foul and he was an embarassment to residents.  He would actually be out on the sidewalk with a ruler, measuring how far from the curb the tire was.  That is crossing the line, seeking out any minor parking infraction to give a ticket. 

My opinion only.  He has to have a written document from the town saying that he has been appointed to a position that allows him to write parking tickets, and that must hold for the entire organization.  Without official documentation, the town and Crime Watch have committed a crime each time a ticket was written.  When this woman was hit by his "cruiser", if there was such a paper - the selectmen would have brought it out and publicized it.  I say he is on his own.  I can't see why the town would have to pay any of his legal fees.

#22 2010-01-09 09:43:32

I can confirm that Crime Watch made enemies of some residents in Onset.  They wrote tickets for parking on the sidewalk of narrow streets even after they were told that the owners of the property along which the sidewalk ran had no objection to this parking style.  The reason they didn't object: if cars and trucks parked legally, the garbage trucks that serviced the street as well as other vehicles could not get down the street.  Real police officers know that the law  should be sometimes bent slightly.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com