#1 2009-12-19 15:32:22

Just popped in to say Merry Christmas and I do hope everyone has a safe New Years.
Money is tight for everyone this year so the way I figure it , it will all boil down to what is really important.   
To me that is simple.   Good food, good friends and family.
Merry Christmas to all.

#2 2009-12-19 15:37:20

GWB

Merry Christmas Pink. May you and your family have a safe and happy holiday season.

#3 2009-12-19 15:41:12

GWB

I would also like to take this oppurtunity to wish all my fellow bloggers a Merry Christmas. And a safe happy New Year. May we all have a great 2010. My wish for all is the start of a new era come April!

#4 2009-12-19 15:50:30

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

#5 2009-12-19 16:47:58

Christmas is a bittersweet time for my family. I lost my father in February and I can tell  you I dread Christmas morning. He alway was first to call and wish us a Merry Christmas. I can remember so many mindnight masses with my father and the drive home singing Christmas songs. For those of you who have lost loved ones, you know what I mean.

On the other hand, we have been blessed in this time of economic hardships and I am thankful we can give back to those who need it the most. It is the time giving!!!!

Having my son up here for college has also brought much happiness to the entire family! I missed him so much and we have truly enjoyed playing guitars and just sitting and sharing!

My oldest daughter is coming to town and bringing along her "boyfriend". She is the happiest I have ever seen her and I can't wait to meet this young man that brings that much sparkle to my daughter's life! He is scared to death to meet "Daddy", but he has already scored major points with me because he makes her happy! Still, I plan to mess with him! :) It's my job!

I'm thankful for my Gnome and my youngest daughter! She keeps me on my toes and can't imagine anyone more blessed and loved!

Last, to all my friends, old and new. The extended family grows and it warms my heart! I have already started planning for the big May Cookout. It's going to be bigger than ever!

Merry Christmas to all and a blessed New Year!!!!

#6 2009-12-19 19:13:59

I also want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Larry, this will be our 4th Christmas without my father-in-law, it stills seems surreal that he will not show up the morning of Christmas Eve with an enevelope for each of us and strict instructions on what to do with the contents! Savannah's money must go into a bank account for college, that is a habit I am so grateful he got us into, all the money that my daughter gets goes into her college fund so her dream of becoming a doctor can someday hopefully become a reality. But, since we lost him suddenly I still wake up early expecting to see him at the door at any moment. This will also be our 2nd Christmas since we lost my mother-in-law, we went to her house every Christmas Day. In all the years I have known my husband Christmas Day was her holiday, every other one was up for debate except that. I still forget that we are going no where on Christmas Day, preferring to stay home to enjoy leisurely gift opening. I actually packed up the gifts for his side in bags, only to remember that she is gone. I will say that the void left in our lives from those losses does not lessen with time, but making new traditions helps. Like Christmas Day, it is now our day, a day just for us and my parents if they choose to come over. I do find myself thinking of both my parent-in-laws a lot this time of year. I miss them so much it aches sometimes!

I too am grateful that despite the economic downturn we were able to give to those less fortunate this year. Times are tough but they are far more difficult for others, as my grandmother says, there is always someone worse off and it is the job of all of us to share with those who are not as fortunate as us. Another good lesson, one I am already trying to instill in my daughter. Giving is way better then getting! I think it is working, on our recent trip to Disney she asked mostly to buy things for other people she loves.

The holidays to me are a time of magic, and I hope that they are magical for all!

#7 2009-12-19 20:32:21

Cara,
First, welcome home from Mickey Land! You need a mickey and minnie tattoo!

I appreciate your story. I am still not sure how Christmas morning will go. But I am also sure I will feel better watching Portia open her gifts! Children have no idea how powerful their smiles are!

#8 2009-12-20 00:36:56

We are so lucky, those of us whose parents made our holidays so magical.  I'm so grateful for that.

Merry Christmas to you all.  I am hopeful that the mean-spirited among us have a sucky year. ...I mean ..happy New Year.

#9 2009-12-20 10:17:04

YOu have to give the Tin Foil Hat club credit. They did give to the needy. But like an poor alcoholic, they just gave the fool a fix for his bad habit.

#10 2009-12-20 12:41:14

A yuletide story to warm your cockles and cool your quohogs.

Last edited by billw (2009-12-20 12:41:43)

#11 2009-12-20 16:32:33

Billw, that cured my blues for the day.  What do I have to whine about.

#12 2009-12-21 08:17:14

Bill W..what a warm and fuzzy story of the Yule-Tide...thank you for sharing!!
Those years of coal in the stocking have served you well!

#13 2009-12-22 15:30:29

One of my favorite Christmas stories is while we were living in Germany. I was 12 (I think) at the time. When we were driving home from midnight mass, it started to snow. By the time we made it to our house, it was coming down hard!  When I woke up on Christmas Day, we had 2 foot of snow!  After our traditional Christmas breakfast, I went outside and watched the horse drawn sleigh go by! We lived in a small town called Worfelden. They had celebrated their 750th anniverary while we lived over there and part of the original castle wall still stood outside the main part of town. It was like a picture postcard. You could hear the bells jingle as the horse pulled the sleigh down the street. People were out shoveling snow and waving. later in the day, we headed down to the pond and skated.

Ahhh, to be young!

Frohe Weinachten!

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com