#1 2009-12-14 09:21:48

7:00 PM – Room #320 Multi-Service Center, 48 Marion Road, Wareham, Massachusetts
1. CALL TO ORDER BY CHAIRMAN
2. ROLL CALL
3. CITIZENS PARTICIPATION
4. ANNOUNCEMENT
a. Department of Conservation and Recreation
5. CONSENT AGENDA
a. Authorization to sign bills and documents, etc.
b. Approval of executive session meeting minutes: December 1, 2009, session 1 & 2.
c. Appointment to the Charter Review Committee.
6. LICENSES & PERMITS
a. Application for Pledge of License by Anchor Liquors, 2360 Cranberry Highway,
West Wareham under the provisions of Chapter 138 of the Massachusetts
General Laws.
b. Application for Change of Manager by Chili’s, 2889 Cranberry Highway, East
Wareham from Joe Costa to Joshua Thibault under the provisions of Chapter
138 of the Massachusetts General Laws.
c. Application from Marc Anthony’s LaPizzeria, 190 Onset Avenue to remain open
until 2:00 a.m. on January 1, 2010 for New Year’s Eve Party to be held
December 31, 2009, under the provisions of chapter 138 of the Massachusetts
General Laws:
7. TOWN ADMINISTRATOR’S REPORT
8. TOWN BUSINESS
a. FY2011 Budget.
b. Any Town business.
9. SEWER BUSINESS
a. Any sewer business.
10. LIAISON REPORTS
11. ADJOURNMENT
12. SIGNING OF DOCUMENTS APPROVED BY THE BOARD

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

#2 2009-12-14 10:13:25

Does anyone know what this "ANNOUNCEMENT" may be ?

4a. Department of Conservation and Recreation

#3 2009-12-14 10:30:09

bbrady wrote:

Does anyone know what this "ANNOUNCEMENT" may be ?

4a. Department of Conservation and Recreation

bruce said he would be making an announcement.. maybe andrews is offically hired?

4a ?????

#4 2009-12-14 10:47:56

I predict that Bruce will announce the following:

After spending MORE of the taxpayer's money on my bruised ego, I will be including Westfield and Civil Service for the Police Chief as non-binding articles on the April ballot. I realize that most of the citizens in this town are against this, but DAMMIT, I am the Chairman of Selectmen and what I say goes!

#5 2009-12-14 15:39:13

Non-binding resolution!
What COURAGE!

#6 2009-12-14 16:00:08

If that's the case (that there'll be an announcement adding the non-binding questions, Articles 2 & 5) to the April ballot, after ALL the talk of HOW MUCH they cared about seniors (and "we" didn't)..as well as the Chief/Civil Service question..How much more DELAY of real action will this add?? The Legislative branch (voters at TM) of our Town Government is being ignored..

ARTICLE 2
LEGISLATIVE BRANCH

Section  2 - 1               Town Meeting

The legislative powers of the town shall continue to be exercised by a town meeting open to all voters.

http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AT-E6 … dmNo&hl=en

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

#7 2009-12-15 00:20:27

It's probably just announcing the Spirit Award for the Melloni Toy Drive.

#8 2009-12-15 07:19:00

According to the letter from Asst. DA Mary Lee, in order to "remedy" the open meeting law violation the BoS must "acknowledge at a properly posted open session that this office has found that it [BoS] violated the Open Meeting Law through an improper executive session on May 26 and June 2, 2009."

I missed last Tuesday's, so maybe they "acknowledged" it then. If not, they should be discussing it tonight although I don't see it on the agenda.

I do see here the appointment to the Charter Review Committee. I guess I missed that interview. 

The section on the agenda that reads "Announcements" also includes any public announcements submitted by local organizations etc.  If you are talking about the BIG announcement that Bruce said he would be making, that could come under the "other town business" portion. Either way, it should be interesting TV viewing.

I understand the new TA is already working. I thought they only made a motion and then voted to "begin" negotiations. Did they publicly appoint him at last Tuesday's meeting? I must have missed that. Do we know what salary they decided on? Did Bruce include that clause about no more DUIs or there would be consequences? I seem to remember him saying that at a previous meeting.

#9 2009-12-15 07:20:57

bornofwareham wrote:

Mr and Mrs continue trying to get some mileage out of the Toy Drive??..I'm still wondering when they were named spokesmen for the cause..after having her head handed to her, Jane reaches out to Mrs Melloni and Sandy Vary..unfortunately, it's seventeen years too late..

#10 2009-12-15 08:53:21

AT the last meeting Bruce said he MAY have an announcement this week. It could be the new TA has signed his contract, or as Larry suggested he could announce Westfield and the police chief are going on the ballot. My favorite would be that he is not going to run. He also said he was taking all of Jan off. Maybe he has health issues; maybe he actually got a job somewhere and is moving out of town.

#11 2009-12-15 09:01:14

Nora Bicki wrote:

I do see here the appointment to the Charter Review Committee. I guess I missed that interview.

That was sarcasm, right? According to Brenda.."interviews" were done by the CRC at the CRC...so unless you popped in there??? I wonder if it will be reflected in the CRC minutes (when they are posted online in say...umm, uh, oh, umm 10 months)

And thanks Nora..maybe that is the announcement..When Mommy or Daddy tell you to do something (you might not mean it) but you better say it...Let's see how much lip Brucey (or any of them) has for the DA while they're saying "sorry" .. also, the 12/1 Xsession (1st & 2nd "session") approval tonight..Oh, that would be one OF THE MANY "twofer the price of one" executive sessions in which they failed to open the first one properly..and taken to task by the DA's office..Lot's of lip on the Bobo Sunday "Loonfest" talking big how they would have LOVED to have given the DA (at the Christmas parade) a "piece of their minds" (nah, too easy)

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

Last edited by P-SPAN (2009-12-15 09:22:55)

#12 2009-12-15 09:37:10

It was sarcasm all right!! I've never been invited to Ed's house!! Er, I mean to a public CRC meeting.

So, does this mean that all town committees can do their own interviews and then have the BoS rubber stamp that person's appointment? I must have missed that in the charter/by-laws. (Yep, More sarcasm in case the tin foil hatters want to have another go at me during next Sunday's chat!!)

When the minutes of those xsessions get posted, will you get them up here for all to read P-Span? Part of the "remedy" required by the DA's office is that the minutes of the May 26 and June 2 xsessions must be "made public records."

Thanks for your diligence in getting important vid. clips and documents posted on this website. An educated electorate will make the right choices in the voting booth come April.

#13 2009-12-15 09:46:29

Biz the town accountant now has an office on the first floor of the Muti Service Center. Nothing earth shattering about it, just information I wanted to pass along. I wonder if people walking by will ask her questions. A lot of different people have used that office. It’s really small I think it was a storage closet they converted into an office.

#14 2009-12-15 12:41:43

Isn't Boozy's big premiere tonight?

PREDICTION: Oh what does my crystal ball (which is way bigger than Bobo's) predict?  My crystal ball predicts that Boozy will make a big weepy mea culpa - "I'm sorry Wareham!  Sorry for not telling you of my failings and boozyness!  Then the selectmen will hug him and Bobo like a good lackey will rally around him and they'll all whine about how evil the bloggers are for talking about his boozyness.

We'll all be painted out as vile power elite bastards for not wanting someone asked to step down from a job and has a history of Boozy problems running the town.

Pull up your boots, the bullshit will get piled up high and deep tonight!

#15 2009-12-15 19:09:07

Don't ya hate it when these "improper" Executive Sessions run late..No respect for our busy schedules at all..

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

#16 2009-12-15 20:21:42

Hey, is the meeting over already?

#17 2009-12-15 20:24:10

yup

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

#18 2009-12-15 20:25:16

So what the hell was Brucey's announcement?

#19 2009-12-15 20:26:01

ppl stole his garbage..

#20 2009-12-15 20:27:14

last week was his statement he had an announcement for this week..

this weeks announcement someone stole his garbage today.....

timeline!!!

#21 2009-12-15 20:29:13

What?  Stole his garbage?  Someone took his copy of the rag?

#22 2009-12-15 20:34:31

I noticed that when they introduced Boozy he and the selectmen didn't acknowledge his history of boozyness and correct me if I'm wrong because I flipped the channel but I assume the meeting ended without an acknowledgment either.

#23 2009-12-15 20:37:05

No acknowledgment of his boozyness or of their wrong doings with the executive sessions....

#24 2009-12-15 20:38:50

Cronie had some things to get off his chest about the Affordable Housing Trust (which led to some interesting facts)...seems they are STILL without a fifth trustee..I think they said 15K was disbursed from it already (I think ALL before ANY Trustees were appointed)..and Dick Heaton's bill is/was in excess of 80K..We'll have to check the vid..short meeting, should be a quick turnaround..Maybe by Noon tomorrow? Yeah, Brucey's garbage..he all but blamed the "hatebloggers" for doing it..Maybe we should let him appoint a Chief of Police...he's got the case all figured out..who needs evidence? TOOL.. (and No, I'm not Bobo)

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

Last edited by P-SPAN (2009-12-15 21:08:52)

#25 2009-12-15 20:46:28

I thought it was funny they had Butt Monkey sitting in the corner.  He's not ITABM anymore, he's just BM!

That is a big middle finger to every resident of Wareham that the selectmen and Boozy didn't acknowledge Boozy's history.  I suppose the middle finger was delivered when they hired him, but a second middle finger when his first meeting just came and went and there was no acknowledgement.

That was the lamest announcement I've ever heard.  I thought he'd do one good thing for Wareham in his 7 years and announce he's not going to run again, but Sweet Brucey doing something good for the town is too much to hope for.

#26 2009-12-15 20:48:19

We don't have to see him for over a month though.  That is kind of nice...

#27 2009-12-15 20:50:01

That will be a good month for Wareham.  The annual Mexico junket with money the IRS would like to have I assume?

#28 2009-12-15 20:51:16

I have no idea.

#29 2009-12-15 22:52:23

slagisDB wrote:

bornofwareham wrote:

Mr and Mrs continue trying to get some mileage out of the Toy Drive??..I'm still wondering when they were named spokesmen for the cause..after having her head handed to her, Jane reaches out to Mrs Melloni and Sandy Vary..unfortunately, it's seventeen years too late..

Funny you should ask, I just spoke to Mrs. Melloni this morning and she asked me who made Jane and John Donahue spokesperson's for the Melloni Toy Drive.  I said that they must know how busy we are so they decided to help by applauding our efforts.  They didn't ask for donations, so to speak and our inventory is almost nil.  The REAL volunteers were out today picking up toys that businesses had collected.  Turning Point has nothing left and are sending people to the Melloni Toy Drive.  We work hand in hand with Turning Point - a great staff they have there.  Maybe next year, the town hall and the multi service center can have large boxes for people to put new, unwrapped gifts in for the Melloni Toy Drive.  Wow, to have the selectmen back us up!!

#30 2009-12-17 18:25:45

One topic that is not getting any play is the comments by John Cronan and the reply by Jane Donahue. Cronan brought up the issue of Dick Heaton's bill for consulting on Westfield. The total is 84,000. That is above what is available in the Trust according to the rules. However, Jane said there is a difference between admin fees and consulting fees. Interesting conversation! Dick Heaton was hired as a consultant to consult on the Westfield project and prepare the presentation for Town Meeting. Jane is trying to "classify" part of his fees as administrative to circumvent the rules. Did anyone else find this a bit sneaky? I know that someone is already checking on the rules, but I'm guessing this is another attempt to sneak one past the citizens of Wareham.

#31 2009-12-17 18:58:18

Larry, I'm glad you brought that up. I mentioned in an earlier post, and I'll go back and make a clip of it (will take some time)..I think they already "re" classified some of it and it was voted in favor (Budget/Article 1)..this was done in half a blink..before most realized what was going on. They should have taken more time, since we wasted the next hour and a half discussing Westfield/Article 2..and the vote was ignored by Sweet Brucey and the gang anyway..but I digress.

Alot of things are troubling about the Affordable Housing Trust..and the way the BoS "handled" it..like...disbursing funds without a board of Trustees in place (still short one Trustee), exceeding the amount "allowed" to be disbursed for "consulting"..I believe it wasn't supposed to exceed 10% of the funds value (so about 16K-estimate)..They went well above that..and, again, only a Board of Trustees should have authorized it, etc, etc..

It's tough to go back and fix things you screwed up from the beginning (and they have a pattern of screwing things up from the beginning)..Even when they try and "fix" screwups..they NEVER admit they screwed up..and their "remedy" is usually flawed as well..April, my friend..April.

edited to add clip & link to the meeting:

http://takebackwareham86bos.blogspot.co … 21509.html

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

Last edited by P-SPAN (2009-12-17 22:54:33)

#32 2009-12-17 22:43:49

I am not sure but wouldn't something of that cost have to go out to bid, not be given to a friend of the BOS.

#33 2009-12-17 22:47:32

simplelogicq very good point. How did that happen if the voters were watching what they voted for. april is coming pay attention Wareham.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com