#1 2009-12-13 20:14:30

I thought I would take a moment to express how great it is that we still have such a nice Christmas Parade here in town.  As a lifelong resident, I remember these parades for as far back as I can remember.  Although very few people seem to turn out to view the parade nowadays as opposed to yesteryear, it is still nice to have many of the groups still be willing to participate in them.  It was a good time.

On a side note, did anyone who saw the parade find it the least bit ironic that the parade started with the Selectmen and Selectwomen riding in a convertible together and end with the DA walking the route?  Now there have been a couple things in town that are started by the Selectmen and ending with the DA lately......

#2 2009-12-13 21:12:04

We brought our two boys (Maltese) with us decked out in their Christmas coats and bells, they made out well enjoying a handful of bones and got some great Christmas beads.

#3 2009-12-13 21:13:47

I Am sorry I missed it but if they were all in the convertivle together was a special meeting called or was it an executive session. that is why the DA was after them

Last edited by kinsailman (2009-12-13 21:14:16)

#4 2009-12-13 21:24:54

kinsailman wrote:

I Am sorry I missed it but if they were all in the convertivle together was a special meeting called or was it an executive session. that is why the DA was after them

HaHa!  He should have hopped in the Brush breaker with Santa.

#5 2009-12-13 23:50:03

Merry Christmas

Last edited by voter (2009-12-14 18:49:10)

#6 2009-12-14 18:23:42

I overheard the gentlman in charge telling everyone to line up in the order they arrived, with the exception of the fire trucks and honor guard, who were to be at the front of the line in case an alarm came in, so the fire trucks could leave the parade.  The gentleman who was lining everyone up told the two old fire trucks to pull behind the new fire trucks so in case the new fire trucks left the parade, the two old trucks would be the lead.

Ms Donahue pulled in with her red vehicle and pulled up by the comfort station and then went to find Mr. Cruz and Ms Ekstrom who arrived earlier and were in the back of the parade lined up already. Someone overheard Ms Donahue say that the Selectmen should be first and she zipped in front of everyone else without checking with the organizer. I believe all the politicians were supposed to be together in one group behind the floats who had already arrived, but Ms. Donahue felt otherwise.

#7 2009-12-14 18:29:48

Maturevoter wrote:

..Ms Donahue say that the Selectmen should be first and she zipped in front of everyone else without checking with the organizer. I believe all the politicians were supposed to be together in one group behind the floats who had already arrived, but Ms. Donahue felt otherwise.

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

#8 2009-12-14 18:31:36

I witnessed some of this but wasn't sure what was going on and couldn't hear what was being said.

#9 2009-12-14 23:14:54

Oh, Jane you've done it again.  Sneaking in a little power play for a parade!  It was pretty cool how you and hubby slinked into the Melloni Toy Drive Dinner to "play the people", prime them for election day.  Oh, and then pushing particular people's names to the rest of the volunteers at THEIR appreciation night.  And, the letter to the Brockton Enterprise about the toy drive - that was slick.  You don't do a darn thing to help them, but put your name out there so everyone will think you are associated with a great town charity.  Wait and watch folks - Tuesday's meeting she will speak again about this great cause and people's minds will think Jane, when they think Toy Drive.  Not!  You had better back off now, Jane.  YOU ARE NOT ASSOCIATED IN ANY WAY WITH THE MELLONI TOY DRIVE AND YOU NEVER WILL BE!

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com