#1 2009-12-07 08:44:54

Here is a bit from Eckstrom's deposition of 3/23/09. Q = Attorney and A = Eckstrom

Q: Why did you run for selectmen in 2005?
A: I thought Wareham was a beautiful community and the people that I had met were really wonderful, hardworking people, and I thought that the town should be doing better, so I thought I would participate and try to help get the town in the direction that I thought it should be going.
Q: Was the feeling that the town was not doing that well?
A: Yes.
Q: Why exactly did you think it wasn't doing that well?
A: I thought that they--the town, the natural resources of the town had a lot to offer, and I didn't think it was being presented to businesses, to other people. I had heard, you know, people--the attitude that people had was we should just be happy for what we get rather than we should be out, you know, trying to bring positive business and, you know, holding our schools to, you know, the expectations that we want our students to have, things like that. (All emphasis mine.)

SO, LET ME ASK YOU ALL THIS: IS OUR TOWN "DOING BETTER"??? ARE WE BETTER OFF THAN WE WERE FOUR (ALMOST 5) YEARS AGO?

HAVE OUR SCHOOLS IMPROVED? WHAT IS THE RELATIONSHIP WITH THE SCHOOL COMMITTEE AND THIS BOS?

HAVE WE SEEN "POSITIVE BUSINESS" OR HAVE WE SEEN OUR SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS PUT OUT OF BUSINESS AS A RESULT OF THIS BOS? (SEE THE TUCY THREAD FOR MORE INFO ON BUSINESSES. LOOK AT THE WAY AD MAKEPEACE WAS TREATED LAST WEEK.)

AND HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE THE "DIRECTION" THE TOWN HAS BEEN GOING?  DOWN, DOWN, DOWN!!! (LET'S SEE, WE HAVE HAD 2 TA'S, TWO INTERIM TA'S, NO TOWN PLANNER, NO FULL TIME POLICE CHIEF, NO LIBRARY DIRECTOR, 2 ACTING LIBRARY DIRECTORS, ONE ALMOST HIRED, EMBARRASSMENT OF A LIBRARY DIRECTOR, AN ACCOUNTANT WITHOUT A DEGREE, AND ON AND ON AND ON.)

It is my firm opinion that we need to change our Board of Selectmen if we want to see improvement in Wareham. We ARE a beautiful town with wonderful people living in it. Why should we put up with this current board of elected officials?

It is also my opinion that Ms. Eckstrom has not in any way lived up to her reasons for becoming a selectman.  Can we, as citizens, allow the continued deterioration of our town?  Or should we work together to bring change for the better?

#2 2009-12-07 08:51:45

Eckstrom was hand-picked by Mr and Mrs Moderator and elected thanks to their efforts..Because of the make-up of the board at the time, the wanna-be Joe Kennedy and the Democratic Town Committee felt they needed representation on the board..this came straight from the horse's mouth, or in this case the JACK ASS (JD)!!..Sleepy was elected the same way this year..

#3 2009-12-07 09:09:44

If I "recall" (pun intended) correctly, their political camp is responsible for all five members on the BOS. 
While most political efforts are well intended for the "Better" of a community, I would respectfully request that they and Co. don't bother helping out any more.  It hasn't worked out well at all.  And many of their hand picked appointments aren't serving OUR town well either.

Thanks but NO THANKS.

#4 2009-12-07 09:23:09

I remember an interview with Jane D talking about professional behavior, fiscal responsibility and accountability. After reading it, I wrote a letter to the editor because I didn't see any of the items listed on display by our Selectmen. She responded with an email invitation to discuss our obvious difference of opinion. When I replied to her, I also requested that she discuss our(Liz and I) concerns regarding the pictures taken by the Ladies of Perpetual Sorrow. She never replied. Apparently my concerns weren't important to her.

The Donahue "machine" is running out of gas, and I know I thank God for that every day. Take a look at the make up of boards and committees. Then take a look at the members on the WarehamDems website. You begin to see how the shape of the town is tied DIRECTLY to the Donahues and their hand picked supporters.

Not only do we need to replace every single member of the BOS, but also the Moderator. Enough politics! Let's get responsible citizens that want to help this town and not further their political agenda. It sickens me every day to watch them destroy this town.

#5 2009-12-07 10:36:07

Folks, as i have mentioned  a few times before, Mr & Mrs. Moderaotr have been lap dogs for the liberal democratic representation in this area for a long long time.  Unfortunately, they treated this town as there higher ups have treated the STATE/COUNTRY, with no regard what so ever for the end result as long as there political goals were achieved.

About 10 or 15 years ago when i was starting to pay "some" attention to town politics, a member or a very p0ltical family in town once said to me that political parties do not matter in Town elections because the msot important thing is the good of the town (not surprisingly it weas people that have NOTHING AT ALL to do with the current people failing to run the town currently).

Back to my original point, luckily the good people of Wareham look like they are smart enought to put the brakes on, step back for a MOMENT, and react accordingly.  The moment of stepping back is over and it is time to REACT and TAKE BACK WAREHAM.

#6 2009-12-07 11:36:24

Party affiliations should have nothing to do with town politics.. the Moderator had stated there were all "republicans" on the board so the DTC sought out a candidate..Thanks, John, for all your hard work in getting the Brockton Drunk elected!

The Moderator and BOS are embarrasments to this Town..it's time for them all to go..

#7 2009-12-07 16:44:37

Dick Wheeler wrote:

Whoops ! I meant to put this post on the "Eckstrom  saving the town"  thread.

Can you transplant these things?

Dick Wheeler wrote:

It is imperative that we leave national party politics out of our Take Back Wareham efforts. Donahue isn't bad because he's a democrat any more than Savageau is bad because he's a republican.  Each is bad because of his mix of personality and character traits. The WDTC is no more reflective of mainstream  democrat philosophy than the Texas Tea Party Patriots ,who preach assassination of the president ,are reflective of mainstream republican philosophy.

Perhaps the best illustration of the need for all of us to avoid knee jerk political responses is that the WDTC folks are so enamored of Limbaugh-loving Savageau's style that they have "complimented" him with the title of "honorary democrat"!  Try to figure that one out!

The only way that I can deal with the embarassment of the WDTC is to think of the "D" as standing not for my party but for "Donahue".

As we head into   the election season we should  forget about "R" and "D" labels and focus on a search for  people who are first and foremost Good Human Beings.

Anything for you Mr. Wheeler, Sir..

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

Last edited by P-SPAN (2009-12-08 00:28:23)

#8 2009-12-07 22:54:34

This is great momentum. Go out and talk to ten new people each week. That's what you have to do to beat Jane.  She never sleeps.

#9 2009-12-07 23:19:28

slagisDB wrote:

Eckstrom was hand-picked by Mr and Mrs Moderator and elected thanks to their efforts..Because of the make-up of the board at the time, the wanna-be Joe Kennedy and the Democratic Town Committee felt they needed representation on the board..this came straight from the horse's mouth, or in this case the JACK ASS (JD)!!..Sleepy was elected the same way this year..

I believe what you say is true, but I know that Liz Pezzoli HATES John Donahue.  She had nothing good to write about him at every chance she had.  She also reported on his problems with Somerset.  But......she was behind Eckstrom and is still tight with her.  Something looks strange with this picture.  I'm sure it will show soon and yes she is now a library trustee, but it still smells.

#10 2009-12-08 04:32:21

The new Library Board of Trustees is quite the crew. I feel sorry for the staff.

Last edited by voter (2009-12-08 05:03:28)

#11 2009-12-08 08:58:28

Born, Liz Pezzoli does not hate John Donahue. Liz Pezzoli thanks John Donahue every day for his successful efforts in getting Liz Pezzoli reelected to the District Prudential Committee. This was done in return for Liz agreeing to protect the incompetent Mary Beth (sister of John Donahue). Now Liz continues to get health care insurance on the taxpayer's dime and Mary Beth's incompetence is once again protected.

#12 2009-12-08 09:58:55

What you have just proven is that Liz Pezzoli is a hypocrite. Big surprise. Bornof has reminded us recently that Liz "worked" at the library book sale while every week in her paper said nasty things about Mary Jane and the library. Then she writes that she doesn't understand why MJ is so upset.  Talk about being a hypocrite.

Now Bornof tells us Liz hates John D--which many people have heard her say in the past--but now rukidding says she's buddy buddy and protects his incompetent sister.  I was at the district meeting when we tried to get her out. But John and Jane worked the phones like crazy, 12 more people came into the meeting mid-way, voted to keep the incompetent in her job and then those 12 left before voting on the next multi-million dollar budget article.

For those of you who don't know--Donahue's sister is the treasurer for which we pay $60,000 or so. But she can't balance a check book and after several years of horrific lack of book keeping, she hired an accountant for $60,000 or so.

Now we the taxpayers are paying twice for the same job.  Or rather, one person is doing the job and the other just cashes her check. Unlike her brother, she seems to be able to keep her job. Most recently, he lost his district court/parole officer job. He couldn't keep the assessors job after his ethics violation, and I'm willing to bet he can't keep his town moderator job.

So, Liz will suck up to anyone who can put up with her. I hear she and Brenda are really buddy buddy now. I wonder what Brenda needs. Anyone care to guess at what Liz's next act of hypocrisy will be?

#13 2009-12-08 14:29:44

ITS A FACT THAT LIZ PEZZOLI BITCHED ABOUT THE FIRE DEPARTMENT ABOUT THEIR OVERSPENDING BEFORE SHE GOT ELECTED. AND NOW SHE IS ELECTED SHE VOTES WHATEVER THEY WANT. HYPOCRITE! AND YES NOBODY WANTED A PERSON SPEWING LIES ABOUT THE LIBRARY IN THE PAPER AND COMING IN AND SELLING BOOKS AT THE FAIR. PEOPLE WHO WERE THEIR LOVED THE LIBRARY NOT BASHING IT EVERY CHANCE THEY GOT

#14 2009-12-08 19:45:22

voter wrote:

The new Library Board of Trustees is quite the crew. I feel sorry for the staff.

I feel even sorrier for the library.  All the money that was spent on the audit, plus the money to K & P, just for the audit, could have been enough money to get our town library certified.

Does anyone have the figures on how much money we have paid to or owe to K & P?  My feelings only, but how money hungry can you be?  K. & P. should be counselling our BOS by telling them that they are wasting their time and the town's money.  Judges don't like frivilous lawsuits.  We barely get to court anyway.  Want an answer to a simple question?  Just call K & P and ask them, they only get paid by the 1/4 hour.  This is just crazy!

#15 2009-12-08 20:39:50

rukidding wrote:

Born, Liz Pezzoli does not hate John Donahue. Liz Pezzoli thanks John Donahue every day for his successful efforts in getting Liz Pezzoli reelected to the District Prudential Committee. This was done in return for Liz agreeing to protect the incompetent Mary Beth (sister of John Donahue). Now Liz continues to get health care insurance on the taxpayer's dime and Mary Beth's incompetence is once again protected.

I know.  You replied to me before about this.  I KNOW that this past election for Prudential Committee, Liz did not expect to be re-elected.  I also know that she has made comment after comment on how Mary Beth did not know her job.  Am I correct in saying this person replaced Renee' F-Abbott?  I do remember Liz saying that they were paying her to train this girl, at her old salary.  Is this the same person?  It isn't that I don't believe you and yes the insurance was of #1 importance to her, but after all the bad (but true) things she wrote about John, how could he even speak to her.  Not defending Liz, but I guess she has the company of Mary Beth in getting health care insurance on the taxpayer's dime.  (that wasn't said sarcastically, either).

I avoid speaking to Liz as much as possible and to be honest, my facts about her hating John are from a few years ago.  But, I remember her seeking out another selectman from another town to get more info on John.  She also had a friend on Glen Charlie Rd. that used to get info from Somerset about him.  These tidbits were in her newspaper.  AND, yes she also bad-mouthed the Wareham Fire District in her newspaper.  She said this was reporting.  Like I have said, I keep a distance from her because, basically I am angry with things she has said that hit me personally, about a friend.

So, I am going to believe what you are saying about her and the Donahues and with Molly backing you up, I will agree with you until proven different.  (Don't think that will happen).   But, as I said earlier, something smells - please, no comments, I agree on that, too.  As I said earlier, she and Brenda were tight.  She spoke about her children in her paper.  Eventually, Brenda was elected selectman.  They are still tight.  Now, Jane is friends with Brenda because they are on the BOS together and the Donahue's got her there?  So due to Brenda and Jane being "tight" now, Liz is still in the picture and Liz has changed her views of John?  How does Liz's one vote keep Mary Beth's job?
I'm so confused.  This is just as confusing as my family tree.

I'm not a game player, so maybe you can understand a little better.  I am not used to being around people that rip someone up one side and down another.  I think that's why Liz and I disagreed on certain things in her rag.  If I was John, and she did those things to me, I would never speak to her again and I would not help her.  So basically, John will do anything as long as it benifits him and Liz will do the same.  Okay!  Got it.  I'm glad I was raised the way I was, with morals and ethics.  Thanks, Ma!  Thanks, Dad!

#16 2009-12-08 21:32:07

Morals and ethics can't be mentioned in the same sentence as our current BOS or Moderator..

#17 2009-12-09 08:09:23

Born, You have to remember that John has absolutely no shame. That was most recently confirmed during his race baiting incident. John will side with anyone that can move his agenda forward. Then he will throw anyone aside when they have no more value to him. He and Mrs Moderator will stop at nothing, i repeat nothing!

#18 2009-12-09 11:29:22

Born, Mary Beth's job is an elected position so Liz'z one vote doesn't have anything to do with that other than make her life easier by voting in her favor on things she wants from the Pru Comm.

It also goes to show that Mr. & Mrs. Moderator get people out to vote and get people elected whether they are capable or not.  Those nursing home visits add up, dont they!

#19 2009-12-09 12:34:12

The vote was whether to change the position to an appointed rather than an elected position. It remains an elected position because of the Donahue phone marathon, thereby securing his sister's job.  At least until the next election.

Also, that night John Donahue was ousted as the moderator by ONE vote. So, remember, every vote DOES count. It was after that one vote ousting that they called their buddies.

I'm thinking April folks!!

#20 2009-12-10 00:30:31

Thank you everyone.  This bit about Donahue and Liz bothered me, so today I started asking questions.  Tossing things back and forth, we finally agreed with what you have said.  This boils down to it's all about me!  Whether it is Liz, John or Jane, It's all about me.  Talking about them has brought out other questions, which we concluded were the little things mentioned that have now been brought out in full view.  And, just to let you know, Molly - Liz and Brenda have been "tight" for a few years.  It isn't anything new.

Oh, and slagisDB, I was referring to my ethics and morals.  The BoS and company don't have any.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com