#1 2009-11-17 21:27:46

is this the blog on which I normally post? It can't be.
No. the tepid response to the BoS meeting just can't be from the fellow bloggers that I know & love. Perhaps everyone is groovin' to
J. Geils: "Musta Got Lost".

Where is the outrage over the appointment of Andrews and his DUIs? Remember what the rescinded library director asserted in Sundays' Boston Globe, that the pressure from 'local bloggers' reversed the decision. You feel any "pressure" tonight, gang? Not that I can see.

Where is the outrage that the chair of the BoS took a gratuitous swipe at the "TA network". Let's see. Mansfield, Hanson, Dartmouth, Mattapoisett, Plymouth, Kingston and others; ALL recently hired people from the "TA network". That translates into professional with experience that relates directly to the job. So, Wareham, in the form of its BoS, knows better than ALL of these communities?

Where is the outrage that the legal expenses regarding the famous witchhunt, er, audit continue to mount. Didn't the chair offer that K & P was being dispatched to meet with the Plymouth County DA to get them to return "our property". Who is this 'our', anyway? Since it is "our property", does that mean that anyone can see it for themselves?

Where is the outrage that the chair mumbled something semi-coherent about not incurring more legal expenses. that would right before, the library!

Where is the outrage that the chair announced that the K & P wrecking crew has been sent forth to battle with the Plymouth County DA regarding the "allegations" concerning the library. Here we have a raving lunatic spewing nonsense, and the BoS response is to spend more money with lawyers? And further, that we will not stop at the DA's office, but go to every government agency known to man until we can find someone to do our bidding, ah make that investigate?

Where is the outrage that the BoS responds to wild accusations, backed by no proff whatsoever, against respected citizens in the community? Was there a citizens petition requesting action & expenditure of funds. Was this phantasmagorical fantasy the subject of a parade of people during citizens participation. If someone produces a flyer claiming that the aliens have relocated from Roswell, NM to 54 Marion AVenue would the BoS have the iTA with K & P on the Job?

C'mon gang! Gotta get after it!

There were videos all over the web of the owner of the Tennessee Titans, Bud Adams, Flippin' the bird to the Buffalo Bills fans on Sunday (sorry, Larry). The BoS is flippin' the bird to the Town of Wareham.

What are ya gonna do 'bout it ?????????

#2 2009-11-17 21:37:14

NAL:
I think what you are witnessing is stunned silence.............. I personally cannot believe we had an experienced candidate apply, and when the BOS heard opportunity knocking they yelled "Sorry no one is home!"

As a parent I am outraged that we would bring a man with two, count 'em, two drunk driving arrests into our community in a leadership role! What kind of example does that set for our children? It's okay to drink and drive, you can still get a six figure job in Wareham! What about our roads, why would anyone in their right mind bring someone with a history of driving drunk on to our road ways? Granted people drive drunk all the time, but we need to add a known one to our streets?

I am going to stop there because I am so outraged that I am reminded of one of my grandmothers favorite sayings, careful what you say when you are mad young lady, keep your words sweet, you never know when you may have to eat them! Gotta love that little bit of southern in Gram!

#3 2009-11-17 21:44:41

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

#4 2009-11-17 21:54:55

Stunned silence.  Good explanation.  I am sick to my stomach.

Of course, you know that if this new TA gets pulled over for driving eratically,  we will hear that the WPD officer to stop him had a personal vendetta.  Sound familiar?

And, Cara........my grandmother would still be yelling at them as they walked to their cars.  My dad, however, said "be careful what you say - once a bullet is fired it can't go back in the gun".

I'm thinking of going to bed.  Too sick, too stunned to be outraged tonight.  Tomorrow, maybe.

#5 2009-11-17 22:13:29

I'm also stunned , when I think they can't possibley go Any lower they do.

#6 2009-11-17 22:15:47

We have a police department that is out on a regular basis trying to get these type of people off the roads.  We have a police department that agressively goes after underage drinking.  We have a police department that does stings on businesses for id violations, underage buyers, etc.
You get the point,  these actions are reported to the town administrator and he has to act on these violations. 
I clearly remember our sweet Brucy and Brenda scolding a business owner (s) on the severity of selling to minors and the impacts of someone drinking and driving along with how unexceptable it is, well I guess its OK for some people,  but then again our BOS is used to double standards.

#7 2009-11-17 22:28:18

One can only hope that he rejects the offer. I'm sure MADD and SADD groups will be picketing outside town hall.We expected this because it's a controversial vote, people will be outraged so they showed the people who has the power at the moment.

Our lawyers delivered the biggest blow of them all, all these months,lowering our town employess moral, insinuating that many have done wrong, and the Grand Jury returned zero, nothing, nada and then adjourned. So we will get our hard drives back.

Then on advise of counsel we will send a letter to the DA asking to look into allegations of a news "commentary" report. Oh ya that will make any law enforcement agency jump up, drop everything and investigate. The lawyers know what has been posted here and other places that it is not in the purvue of our BOS to demand an investigation of any organization both public and especially private without evidence and solid facts.

The main issue is money, the lawyers know we have none, and are probably already wondering where their fees will be paid from in April TM. The board knows we could spend tons of money on an internal audit but they don't want to take the chance that they end up in the same place as the Grand Jury with nothing.

From the beginning my thoughts have been that the only way this was going to be investigated is for Mr Slager to convince his two informants to go with him to the proper authorities in person.
The various agencies have received numerous copies of the article, but again no law enforcement agency is going to launch a costly investigation based on the commentary section of a local paper If they did and it led to arrest they would be heros, but if they end up with nothing the lawsuits against the agency would be in the millions.

Life changing events did happen as promised....when the smoke clears and the numbness wears off I'm sure we will hear about them.

What a meeting.....

#8 2009-11-17 22:42:36

Okay....what the heck

1. I think a group of mothers, concerned citizens and seniors should visit the Selectmen's meeting next week (not sure if  they are having one during a holiday week) and express their disgust and outrage over the hiring of Andrews. This is one hire that should not only be held on the heads of the Selectmen, but if ANYTHING happens during his tenure, they should be personally held accountable. It was a bad move and another time the Selectmen thumbed their nose at the citizens of this town.

2. I believe the will go to battle to regain their disks, but I believe this will amount to nothing.

3. They whiffed on supporting the editorial concerning the former library trustees. They basically said they will write letters, but there isn't much they can do. That is the truth. This is clearly a case where even the Selectmen realize that the burden of proof is on the accuser, and he is not going lead the charge. So, if he chooses to sit back and wait to be contacted, this will go nowhere. Another outrage swept under the rug.

4. The lack of professional behavior is against proof this group of Selectmen should be looking for real jobs as they clearly aren't serving in the best interest of the citizens.

Again, the hiring of Andrews should NOT go unchallenged. I know Liz will be making an appearance next week and I encourage everyone who disagrees with this hiring to make it known during citizen's participation. This is not a time to sit back and watch these arrogant people fiddle while Rome burns.

#9 2009-11-17 22:43:48

searay240 wrote:

...they (BoS) don't want to take the chance that they end up in the same place as the Grand Jury with nothing.

..Slager to convince his two informants to go with him to the proper authorities in person.

Searay, On the first point, I don't think they care. On the second, I haven't seen anything to suggest they actually exist..has anyone?

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

Last edited by P-SPAN (2009-11-17 22:45:34)

#10 2009-11-17 22:56:45

Today as I was driving home from our infected office, which is now closed until next week for cleaning 4 people got the H virus. Tonight we will have some decisions made...well they made them.I was hoping for different outcomes but it is what it is.

The blame will be given by some to the power elite, at least now we know who they are referring too. There are at least 5 people in that group and their votes and only their votes determined the outcome we got tonight.It will be interesting to see who gets the blame.

#11 2009-11-18 01:29:19

The most painful aspect of this for me is that Walter Cruz voted for Boozo.  Walter Cruz !   I 'm reeling from that reality.

This tells me that they must  have a surprise for us .  I'm going to predict that they got Walter "on board" by promising him that in their "negotiation"  they will stipulate that Taylor must be faithful to his AA pledge of abstinence, and that he must spend one of his "off" days each week giving talks about drinking and driving to  high school students. Treat it like a medical problem and  hire him if he promises to take his medication.

In other words...their plan is to let us blast them for their decison.....Then they will unveil  an agreed upon pact:  " We have a person of unique talent with a medical flaw that we are willing to embrace Wareham  sorely needs.

"   They will be "out front" about his (mid-day) DUI incidents, but congratulatory in their recounting of  the new TA's  committment  to involve himself to drinking/driving programs to teenagers.  (Libras are "incorrigible optimists" )

I'm actually pecking away on the keys late Tuesday night,but I'm going sit on this until after midnight so I can say,"I'm going to talk to Walter today."

No spoof this time...I'm "outta here"  tomorrow for  a place where Spring is coming ( Think "Men At Work")..... until early December. Hang in there, everybody....We're going to "knock 'em dead" in April!

#12 2009-11-18 06:39:45

Drinking and driving is irresponsible, shows lack of concern for the safety of others, show absence of self-awareness.

Many if not the major of repeat offenders are alcoholics. Some are what are called functional alcoholics and are able to time their level of inebriation so they can work. However being a good TA is a seven day a week 24/7 on-call  job.

If there's a town emergency (a flood, hurricane, bad fire, serious crime) do you want a drunk TA on the scene?

#13 2009-11-18 07:20:03

ITS INTERESTING THAT BOBO HAD TIME TO PUT A NEW ARTICLE ABOUT THE SPINNEY BUT DIDNT HAVE TIME TO REPORT ON THE TA HIRING ? IS HE WAITING FOR THE SPIN FROM BRUCEY? SLAGER SAID THAT HE WAS AWARE OF IT AND DEMONISHED THE CANDIDATE IN HIS PAPER FOR NOT BRINGING IT UP IN HIS INTERVIEW. SPIN BOBO SPIN.

#14 2009-11-18 08:02:12

Does the man possess a valid driver's license?
After 2 DUIs', usually the person loses his privileges to drive for a long time. If he doesn't have a license, how does he travel to Wareham for interviews?
If he does possess one, it is an indication the courts are working with him and he is complying with his terms of probation, etc.
One thing is abundantly clear to me; Whomever is appointed as TA or Chief of Police or Library Director MUST live in the Town of Wareham within 6 months of appointment.
You can't learn about a Town and it's citizens living 1 or 2 hours away by commute.

#15 2009-11-18 08:10:29

All I know is this - between Brucey and this guy on the road now, probably best to stay off the road altogether on Tuesday nights just before the meeting starts and right after it ends.

#16 2009-11-18 08:12:26

The most painful aspect of this for me is that Walter Cruz voted for Boozo.  Walter Cruz !   I 'm reeling from that reality.

This tells me that they must  have a surprise for us .  I'm going to predict that they got Walter "on board" by promising him, for instance, that in their "negotiation"  they will stipulate that Taylor must be faithful to his AA pledge of abstinence, and that he must spend one of his "off" days each week giving talks about drinking and driving to  high school students. Treat it like a medical problem and  hire him if he promises to take his medication and lecture others about how to avoid his "disease".

In other words...their plan is to let us blast them for their decison.....Then they will unveil  an agreed upon pact:  " We have  found a person of unique talent whose career was interrupted  a few years ago by an unfortunate medical problem that he  has successfully addressed...." Or some such blah-blah Karl Rove tactic to try to make their critics  appear to be hair-trigger responders" who lack compassion."..whatever.

#17 2009-11-18 08:14:41

Just remember, Bobo said Boozy's failure to announce this publicly was troubling, the selectmen were shocked he did not pass their "test," and he would be "stunned" if he got the job though.  What's that?  Bobo might a spine and takes the selectmen to task for making a bad decision?  Ha ha ha....and maybe leprechauns will ride unicorns across a big rainbow in the sky too.

#18 2009-11-18 08:19:53

I am HAMATRON5000.

#19 2009-11-18 09:13:02

Hamatron5000 wrote:

....and maybe leprechauns will ride unicorns across a big rainbow in the sky too.

http://media.kickstatic.com/kickapps/images/25925/photos/PHOTO_2272940_25925_3762991_ap_320X240.jpg

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

#20 2009-11-18 09:55:16

I think Mr Andrews would tell you that leprechauns do ride unicorns across a big rainbow in the sky he has seen them himself. being a leprechaun myself I must say it is fun to do.

#21 2009-11-20 14:47:58

For those of you who check this site from the other site please note, "we" means the COMMUNITY. Not me, or any group of people who may or may not exist.

#22 2009-11-21 18:28:40

Hamatron5000 wrote:

....and maybe leprechauns will ride unicorns across a big rainbow in the sky too.

Take 2

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

Last edited by P-SPAN (2009-11-21 18:29:00)

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com