#66 2009-10-24 06:32:18

I was going to suggest who could gain from the paper being free. Perhaps a company who wants to do business in town. Lord I hope that's vague enough. I'm not as brave as the rest of you and I don't want to get into trouble.

Also on the DUI line. MY husband, a retired police officer, told me that it is very rare for a person to be caught driving under the influence on their first time. They usually have been driving this way for awhile before they are caught.

#67 2009-10-24 07:31:37

IT IS A SAD SAD STATE WHEN SOMEONE HAS TO TWIST AND TURN TO MAKE UP THE "TEST" DEFENSE WHEN THEY ARE CAUGHT TRYING TO PUSH THIS GUY THROUGH. BAD BOBO BAD!

#68 2009-10-24 07:42:49

BREAKING NEWS:  Boozeygate Day 3 - Three days since the select-clowns' shenanigans have been exposed and not one public word on it from any of your elected representatives.  No doubt they'd rather this whole thing blow over and everyone forget.  Fat chance!

National Celebrities now weighing in on the Boozeygate Scandal:

http://www.ratebeer.com/UserPics/DuffManSW.gif

Duff Man, Corporate Spokesman for Simpons Brand Duff Beer weighing in on the fiasco, coming to the selectmen's defense for their pick, "What's the problem?  We need a town administrator that loves to par-tay!  Oh yeah!"

In other news, tick tock goes the spin clock, it's Saturday morning, do you know where your selectmen spin job is?  The selectmen remaning deafeningly silent, Operation Hope Everyone Forgets to Google a failure.  Wareham demands answers.  Wareham demands an apology.  Wareham demands resignations.  Wareham demands the selectmen say something, anything, and yet they arrogantly remain in their ivory tower, letting their Spokeslackey do all their dirty work.  The Halifax Hobo, Selectman Cheerleader, and Chief Enabler of the Hypocrite Elite insulting the intelligence of the people of Wareham with the "it was just a test" defense - selectmen knew and they interviewed him to test him and see if he would bring the issue up, they were appauled that he didn't.

Yes Bobo, I know you didn't write the exact words, "it was a test," but that is what I'm labeling your explanation as.  The "it was a test defense."

Sorry, we're not buying it.  Check the video tape.  There were no signs of appaulment.  Nay, it was a glorious lathery slathery lovefest, all signs showing this is the guy they were going with had this website not alerted the public of the truth.

And the Halifax Hobo, dabbling in elitism as he appears to be claiming that because the Standard Times ran a small blurb several months ago in its Mattapoisett section about this when it had nothing to do with Wareham at the time, that means that the Wareham citizenry was duly informed now, many months later.  Ha!  Elitism, not just for breakfast anymore at Ragserver HQ/Bathroom.

And to top it all off, the Sweet Brucey Stooge takes Ham to task for complaining about this before the guy is hired.  Because apparently, the proper strategy, if you don't think a guy should be hired, is to wait until after the guy is hired to complain he should not be hired.  Bagel biter logic.

This has been Ham, speaking in the third person, bringing you your Day 3 Boozeygate update!

Good day!

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-10-24 07:52:47)

#69 2009-10-24 12:01:40

Ham - congrats on you 'jeer'. Its been a long while for me, guess I'll have shift to a higher gear.

"the selectmen did, in fact, know about Andrews' personal history."

This quotation was taken from from the repulsive rant of the harlot of Halifax. Since I avoided looking at that website since Aug.1 (OK, OK, one teensy-weensy little exception - Boy!, you guys are tough!), please advise whether this is based on a published interview with one of the failed five, or is it from a private conversation BoBo and one of the BoS?

Also, does anyone know the status of Mr. Andrews' driver's license? Shouldn't it be suspended, at the least?

Back to BoBo. Many posts ago, I described his being used by the BoS as comparable to the old Soviet poliburo and Pravda. Thank you BoBo for confirming and reaffirming that analogy many times, but none more on target than this last week.

The counter to the nonsense spewed by pravda was Radio Free Europe. That's the proper analogy for this website. Or shall we call it:

Observer Free Wareham.

Countering the lies of the lackey, and spreading truth with every blog!

We are all Hamatron5000!

#70 2009-10-24 14:37:02

Yes we are all HAMATRON5000.
I am DANOHAMATRON1945...

#71 2009-10-25 09:33:50

I don't have a good batting average  when it comes to predicting how the Bozomen are going to behave, but it's the best game in town so I'll step up to the plate and take a swing at it.

It does appear that Andrews is their man, and  that the delay of the announcement is that they are figuring out the timing and the wording....

So here's my predicted scenario:  We will have a surprise guest at Town Meeting tomorrow night....Ta-Da!  ... DUI-man ! 

Brucey will make a soft, emotional introduction, and then our new TA will step forward and tell us that the  reaction of the people of Wareham to his  denial of his drinking problem "has driven sense into  my thick head, and made me realize that I have been ignoring a problem I can ignore no longer. I feel that my professional talents are exactly what Wareham needs at this point in her history, and in order to do the best for myself, my family, and all of you wonderful  people I have  made a committment to Alchoholics Anonymous . I humbly apologise to all of you for my past behavior blah, blah, and hope you blah, blah...""

People are so impressed with this surprising show of honesty and humility that they  join in when  MFW plants in the audience begin to clap, others follow..and finally end up giving him a standing ovation....

The rest of us sit there in stunned silence. Snookered again !

(Now, if they don't do this, I can just say, "Well they were planning to do it until I blew their cover !")

#72 2009-10-25 09:48:25

excellent dick... you are a #1 power elite thought police political man.. you should be the their president!! great analysis of the scenerio of things to come..

#73 2009-10-25 10:37:43

If they crown this guy their TA emperor, we should immediately look to veto the TA pay for 2010. How can we, as taxpayers and citizens accept another decision by this group of Selectmen that is substandard? When will they realize they are losing credibility?

I am a proud member of the Wheeler Gang!

#74 2009-10-25 11:20:45

Good morning,

Today's Globe South section of the Boston Sunday Globe lists Mr. Canevazzi as a finalist for the TA position in the Town of Hanson. It appears that quite a few communities think enough of him to bring him to the final round. Interviews are 11/3.

BTW, the three finalists in Hanson were recommended to the BoS by a search committee. What a concept!

Last edited by notalawyer (2009-10-25 11:21:28)

#75 2009-10-25 11:30:29

BREAKING NEWS:  Boozeygate Day 4, still nary a word of explanation offered from the select-clowns. 

However, Dick Wheeler making an excellent prediction that the selectmen will have DUI Man give a speech at town meeting floor.  Highly possible, with the selectmen hunkered in their bunkers, offering no explanation other than deafening silence, the predictions of how the select-bozos will spin this scandal are endless.

Remember, the Bagel Biting Barracuda Boy said in his jeer that because DUI man did not come forward with this information during his interview, he would be "stunned" if he got the position.  Bobo saying the selectmen gave DUI Man the opportunity to speak about it and he believes they were surprised he didn't.  Fear not though, if the selectmen decide they want to push this guy through, then Bobo will back-peddle on his words faster than Lance Armstrong going in reverse.

Tick tock goes the spin clock....it's Sunday, do you know where your selectman spin job is?  Will the selectmen for once listen to their people and abandon their plan to push this guy through?  Or will they decide they want this guy so bad that they'll concoct some phoney baloney scheme to push him through?

Will they continue with the lame "test defense?"  "We wanted to test him to see if he'd say it, but we were disappointed, we all puckered up and smooched his rump as you can see on the video tape to disguise our disappointment."

Will the selectmen reach into their bag of tricks and pull out a dark horse unexpected spin?  Will they claim the power elite made them do this with special mind control devices?

How will the selectmen spin this? Your guess is as good as mine.

All we know is this site is the last refuge for the truth.  Had it not been for this site, this information would have been swept under the selectmen's already lumpy rug.

As Wareham waits for the selectmen to figure out what their spin job will be (4 days and counting, a new record for selectman spin job deliberations), Ham takes this opportunity to remind Wareham residents to not drink and drive with this public service announcement:

Kelly Ripa, Regis' sidekick, obviously understands the severity of drunk driving allegations...too bad she can't come to Wareham and explain it to our select-clowns.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-10-25 11:33:09)

#76 2009-10-25 11:37:51

notalawyer wrote:

BTW, the three finalists in Hanson were recommended to the BoS by a search committee. What a concept!

Mattapoisett had a search committee for their TA, and every other town always has a search committee when TA's are hired.  I believe, someone correct me if I'm wrong, Wareham had TA search commitees before these goobers came to power.  Wareham is the only town around that doesn't have citizen search commitees now.  It's obvious selectmen don't want the public involved in the decision making process.  Selectmen want to handpick someone who will cater to their massive economy sized egos, not somone who will appeal to the entire citizenry.

#77 2009-10-25 11:47:21

It amazes me every single day. Wareham has such a pool of talented and experienced citizens and yet the Selectmen continue to call on the same cronies because they can control them and it pushes their agenda. Wouldn't it be great if they were truly working in the best interest of this town and utilized the talent of ALL the citizens? Wow.....think how it would be to have citizens that TRULY want to examine the charter and talk to other citizens about how best to enhance it. No, we get the same old cronies who want to push Jane's agenda of changing the most pure form of democracy because she doesn't have time as an "unpaid volunteer". It is disappointing and sad.

let's all send them a message on the floor at Town meeting that we want leaders who TRUST the citizens and want to listen to their opinions and ideas.

#78 2009-10-25 11:48:08

Ham..as always...you are right.
First of all, the Selectmen have no right to have ANYONE speak on Town Meeting floor unless they are a registered voter and member of Town Meeting.
If they hire someone before Monday night, and try to introduce him to speak because he is the new TA, it would be, and should be pointed out, presumptuous of them to assume that their budget and the salary of the Town Administrator will be approved.
So, someone only has to object, seconded, vote passes no...next conversation.

#79 2009-10-25 11:48:31

P.S.
I am DANOHAMATRON1945...

#80 2009-10-25 11:54:33

Definitely we should be on the look out to see if they hold some kind of last minute meeting on a Saturday morning or another time when people wouldn't be expecting it.  They have to make their decision to hire him in open meeting, but they may try to pull a fast one and schedule the meeting at an unexpected time just to avoid public input. 

Apologies to any Scottsmen on this site (I read there might be a few), but this "Scottish Sobriety Test" was too funny not to post:

#81 2009-10-25 12:02:02

I will be laughing most of the day!!
I am so proud to be a HAMATRON.
DANOHAMATRON1945

#82 2009-10-25 12:05:44

Even if Andrews (or anyone else) is the selection of the BoS prior to town Meeting, there is the little matter of a contract to be worked out. It is doubtful that all of that could be completed in time. but, who knows...

with all due respect & deference to Dan, isn't the Moderator (you remember him, surely) the one who can request permission for non-voters to speak, with approval of the voters present? Examples: non-resident department heads, developers, lawyers, etc. Do you think that the Moderator would prevent such a request from the BoS to be presented to the body for a vote? Doubtful to me.

Again, it is not likely that it could all resolved in approximately 30 hours.

#83 2009-10-25 12:09:40

Here's why we don't have a search committee in Wareham:

When it appeared...for about 24 hours... that the BOS couldn't possibly stick with Andrews, I pretended that I was on   the Wareham Search Committee that didn't exist and did some snooping around with Dennis folks I know, who worked with Canevazzi.

Here's what I found: Everybody in Dennis thought Robert Canevazzi was a good guy. No character flaws, He was there for 8 years and left of his own volition.

This where it gets interesting: "We hired an Interim TA and started our search. As the search was proceeding we noticed that the very strong personality of the ITA was leading to the solution of some long standing problems on the BOS. The ITA was standing right up to them, and the results were so impressive that we shifted our own search priorities and found ourselves  a  TA with a similar strong personality.
To sum up: If Wareham needs a really strong personality he's not the right TA for you."

So....The reason that would have made a citizen search committee not select him is EXACTLY the reason the BOS liked him.

#84 2009-10-25 12:26:54

DicK:

What do you know about candidate #1.  He was very nervous, rambled and wore an orange shirt.  However, his credentials are good, and nothing negative comes up on Google.  Is he a complete washout?

#85 2009-10-25 12:36:17

Nota...you are right. However, the request for the person to speak has to come from someone on the floor..a Selectman, for example.
THEN the Moderator asks the Town Meeting to vote to allow, assuming that a second is made to the motion.
If the Town Meeting members, after discussion "under the question", decide not to allow the individual to speak, it's over.
ONLY the Town Meeting members, by vote, can authorize a non voter to speak on the floor.

#86 2009-10-25 13:19:19

gogatemen:  Thanks for waking me up to the possibility of #1. I had very foolishly made him an unviable candidate because I didn't think he had enough municipal experience....but that might be why he might be a good choice for our BOS. I'll put out some feelers.
Now I have a question: In towns that have a search committee how are people chosen to be on it ?  If the answer is that it's  up to the BOS, forget it.  Helping  the BOS with the TA search would have been added to the duties of the carefully selected CRC. ( Which should have RSC as its acronym: for Rubber Stamp Committee)

#87 2009-10-25 13:46:00

Dick...check your e-mail please!

#88 2009-10-25 14:20:28

Good afternoon Dick,

My feelings about candidate #1 are similar to yours, not enough TA type experience, which may be a plus to the BoS. but what really got to me was his comment, repeated in the press, about his desire for the job. I don't have the precise quote in front of me, but it was effectively: "something I might like to try".

Really? So in addition to the required OJT at over SIX figures, there does not seem to be the requisite passion for the position. Not the best combination.

RE: search committees. Yes, I have seen them appointed by the BoS, which may induce a bias from the start. I have also seen them set up by design, which is to say that there is preset formula, so to speak, as to the make-up of the committee. thus if you are seeking a school super., the search committee might include reps from the BoS & school board, existing school adm, teachers, parents, FinCom, citizens, etc.

And search committees are not perfect. The one in Mattapoisett did not catch the problem with Mr. Andrews. There was a search committee for a police chief in the Town of Dennis, including then TA Canevazzi, which failed to unearth a sexual harassment charge against one of the finalists (it comes up on Google). My daily reading of the WSJ shows numerous problems with appointments by Bds of Directors to top-level positions in many companies.

It ain't science. at any level. But we have ID'd the essential question, have we not?

To wit: Should the final choice be someone who is good for the Town as an entity? or someone who is commited to advancing the agenda of this (or any) BoS?

Plenty of fodder for debate.

#89 2009-10-25 15:16:45

LM said: "I am a proud member of the Wheeler Gang!"

Me too... How 'bout "Dick Wheeler's, Hole in the Kayak Gang"

PShooter
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

#90 2009-10-25 15:21:15

Could the strategy be to wait until Canavese gets snapped up by one of the many towns he has applied to, leaving the selectmen to say, "whoops, well we weren't going to hire DUI man but oh no, the other guy was hired somewhere else."

So many possible predictions as to how the selectmen will try to spin their way out of this one.

#91 2009-10-28 23:47:35

Boozeygate Day 7 - one week since this site exposed the information about the selectmen's top pick for TA that they were hoping to sweep under the rug.  Had it not been for this site, the people of Wareham would never have heard the truth.  This is the story that the selectmen want to go away, but no such luck with the truthbloggers around.  One week and still no apology or explanation from the select-clowns.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-10-28 23:48:20)

#92 2009-10-29 00:06:35

Hey everyone, just a funny thought, though people might not find this amusing, the BOS being prudent in such financial matters figures they could score this guy for TA at a discounted rate therefore there is a cost saving to the town, who knew.  That BOS is always thinking for the best interest of the town.

#93 2009-10-29 09:08:48

Which two of the three TA candidates were at town meeting, because Brucey claims they had "looks of shock on their faces?"  If one of them was Boozey Dude, I don't think we need any lectures on ethics from that guy.

#94 2009-11-18 23:11:36

bump

Andrews interview from BoS Mtg 10/20 starts at (11:00) of Pt. 5, just after a "Bobo Beeline to Brenda and a break"..lotta "b's"

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

#95 2009-11-19 08:25:13

Two long distance dedications here. The first one goes out to Mark Andrews, the second to a certain multi media President...

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

#96 2009-11-19 10:40:56

Mr. Andrews was not my choice for the T.A. position.  However, unless he turns the job down, we are stuck with the choice of the BOS.   They will not rescind a second decision.

There are very few people who have not had to deal with the problem of alcohol or drug addiction in a family member or friend.  By definition, addictions are very difficult to overcome, and it is equally as hard to remain supportive when relapses occur.  Andrews states that he has remained sober since April of 2008.  Good for him.  I can only hope that he continues to remain sober.  I am not overly optimistic.

Many people on this board are ready to lock up their children to protect them from this potentially lethal drunk driver.  I’m not condoning impaired driving, but Let’s Get Real.  Wareham is a beautiful town, but we already have far more than our share of alcoholics and drug addicts, who routinely drive their cars.  Mr. Andrews is not a potential mass -murderer moving to a town of innocents.  If there is concern, start a campaign against all impaired driving.  I’m certain the cops could fill up the jails on Saturday nights or on any summer evening in Onset.  Acting Chief Stanley says he will not tolerate drug trafficking-Great lets help him get rid of the problem.  What will not solve the problem is harassing someone who is trying to remain sober.

I would like to suggest a different and unpopular direction.  Whatever the new T.A.’s faults, he is an intelligent man.  How about we support him, perhaps even befriend him.  Help him to stand up to the BOS.  Show him where the real problems are in town. 

What is the worst that can happen?  He caves to the BOS?  He drinks on the job?  That may happen with or without our support, and I think helping him is worth a shot.

#97 2009-11-19 11:50:42

ggm..acceptance..hoping for the best..no kool aid today for me, thanks.
Patterns in mismanagent is the point. I won't accept their flawed processes, not willingly at least. He never should have made it to the final three, and never should have been offered the position (IMO)...and that goes for the iChief, the Library Dude, the town accountant, and I'm sure there's more...

Get a punch in the eye and then say?? "Oh well, my other one works okay."
...not me brother.

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

#98 2009-11-19 12:02:06

OK we'll just spend the next few years complaining until we can get a majority on the BOS in order to fire him.  God knows what shape the town will be in by then.

#99 2009-11-19 12:24:31

I like to think I'm hearing you ggm. Do I want our TA to do the best possible job? Of course I do...and it's not just the DUI's and "our" ability to see that everyone has dealt with "vices"..Take a look at some of the comments from people who are familiar with his work elsewhere. See how on one of the DUI stops, he also resisted arrest, and told them to call a friend who's a Statey..and my problem isn't even with him, per se.
Accepting the fact that "they" can ignore open meeting law, not hire anyone in an effective manner, law suits, attempts to dissolve TM, attempts to negate votes taken at TM etc., etc..Dan's right, let him get "clean & sober" on someone else's dime.

I don't think I can just always look on the..(segway)...

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

Last edited by P-SPAN (2009-11-19 12:34:15)

#100 2009-11-19 12:24:51

They haven't hired him yet. They only voted to begin the interview process. Nothing is in stone, YET!
With the information available on the web and on the sites here, the ITA can pass on the information to the BOS and if he believes that the BOS should continue looking, then he should say so.
If not...whatever happens falls on his shoulders as well as the BOS for confirming the appointment.
It's not a question of "picking on" Mr. Andrews. It is simply there are better candidates out there that are not carrying "baggage".
Many Towns have turned him down...why should Wareham be the exception?
We all hope he continues his sobriety, but perhaps he should be thinking of employment that doesn't cause such wide spread publicity and scrutiny...in the private sector, perhaps?

#101 2009-11-19 12:53:19

I am not a fan of MR Andrews.

Dan: They voted to offer him the job and to negotiate details of the contract.  Three people on the BOS strongly support him.  They are not going to rescind their offer- not after the library disaster.  My prayer is that he turns down the offer.

P-Span:  I agree that "totally incompetent" describes this entire BOS.  All I was suggesting is that if we get stuck with MR Andrews that we find a way to work with him.  "Take Back Wareham" is not just a far future dream, it is what we do now.

#102 2009-11-19 13:38:52

gogatemen..I agree with you. But, even though they offered the job to him, they or he have not committed to the terms. Negative information coming forward allows subtle things like offering him a salary of $38,000.00 per year, or no benefits at all with a salary of $60,000.00, or a probationary period with the salary expected and the benefits, but, anytime during the probationary period that he is stopped and booked for DUI, or produces unacceptable work, he will be gone.
I would just like to see the Town protected and for the money they are offering, they can pick and choose better than they have.

#103 2009-11-19 17:14:01

Sorry guys but I agree with gogateman. I have two friends that are recovering alcoholics and they are two of the nicest and smartest people I know. One has been sober for more than 30 years the other for over 20 years. I don’t know if alcoholism is a disease or not the point is that he has made the choice to stop drinking.  I’m sure if you had a friend that was a recovering alcoholic you wouldn’t want someone who didn’t even know the person calling him names.

From what I saw of his interview he seemed like a very intelligent man. God knows we need someone who is smart running this town. I like the fact that he served as director for economic development and planning along with all he financial expertise. Maybe he will be able to attract businesses to Wareham.  Maybe I’m an optimist but I am hopeful that he will help turn Wareham around. I think we should give him a chance before we start attacking him. He has been offered the job I am hopeful he will do a good job.

#104 2009-11-19 17:23:35

marny wrote:

...I am hopeful he will do a good job.

Me too..that's all we CAN do now.

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

#105 2009-11-19 18:17:16

Well said Marny.

#106 2009-11-19 18:20:25

Let me remind you all that he worked for a MAYOR in a CITY government format. could this background be the reason the BoS is so hot-to-trot on this guy? Can't you just hear it:

"We have this dude who has the experience and will implement the transition to a mayoral government format, and become the Numero Uno Lackey to hizzoner, the Mayor."

I may be wrong, but.......

#107 2009-11-19 18:33:32

I thought of that too, NAL..We'll see.

Everyone who feels like "we need to give him a chance"..Not one have I heard point out any problems with the process, or his history.

The choice isn't ours, and us giving him a chance is irrelevant. Let's hope he reads the Charter, understands his role, and uses THAT as his guide on how to do his job. It's pretty clearly defined, and many of us should read it. He better get studying on the one in the works over at the CRC meeting's too, because hell or high water they're gonna push that through. People want to sit back and hope everything's gonna work out fine. How's that worked out for us lately? I'm with ya! Sitting back, knowing our town is running like a well-oiled machine is something I'd love to see. In case you don't know what that looks like, take a look at what we got now, and imagine the opposite..

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

#108 2009-11-19 19:35:27

I actually think that this was not the best choice the BOS could have made, the candidate from the "TA circuit" had actual experience in the role. I also have a real issue with the DUI's. But, I am all for giving people chances.
I do not believe for a single second that this was the best choice for the community, the city of Lawrence has some pretty serious financial problems, under his watch. I think this was the best choice for the BOS and their agenda (including a Mayor).

#109 2009-11-19 21:02:21

I think not only was this a poor choice, but if you understand the dynamics, this could be a dangerous choice. Because of his past poor choices, he will now be "owned" by the Selectmen. At least with the other two candidates, the Selectmen had very little to hold over their heads. Think about it, this guy is going to come in KNOWING he has to make them happy or he will be shown the door.

In my opinion, Another poor choice for the Selectmen.

#110 2009-11-19 22:28:47

The biggest problem for me, right now, is getting the room to stop spinning.  No, only 4 or 5 drinks a year.  I am talking about the above blogs.  I feel like we have been set up with a big brew ha ha over the TA and his record.  Are we being swayed from going forward to our next election?  We have one person willing to risk all for Wareham.  Do we have a second?  If not, shouldn't we be looking for a second prospect for selectman?  Shouldn't we be helping our first prospective candidate for selectman?

I am not happy that the town has the reputation of hiring TA's from off the "sale" rack.  Did this TA candidate tell the selectmen and they told him to just be quiet over his OUI record?  I wouldn't put it past them.  I read some of the blogs from where he works and some liked him and some didn't.  That will be the way it is in Wareham no matter who the CURRENT BOS choose.
The BOS don't care.  Why?  Because when our form of government changes to a Mayoral town, they will tell him he is no longer needed.  I truly believe that this is what the selectmen believe and expect!

No, two drunk driving arrests are not good.  Usually, it means that they only have been caught twice.  Did he smarten up?  Did he stop drinking and driving?  Only he knows that.  You don't just go to a few AA meetings.  You need to make a firm commitment to AA and yourself.   If he is chosen as our new TA we have to welcome him.  Wareham citizens don't need another enemy sitting in a big chair every week.  Maybe this man will be approachable.  Maybe he will force accountibility from the BOS and Department Heads.  Maybe he will find Wareham to be the beautiful town that we know it as.  He could surprise us all.  I work a night shift and would probably be on the road if he stopped for a few drinks some night, so of course I am concerned.  I just don't want to hear it anymore.  Don't forget, I've been here all my old life and I could make a shopping list of all the town workers, business owners, fire and police department members, civilians, rich bitches and low lifes that had drinking problems.  This is not in any way involving anyone presently employed by the town in any capacity.  I am going way back!  And, the town was not as built up as it is now. 

I believe Mr. Paulson wrote earlier about getting some young blood in town.  That's one of those things that could go either way.  Good or Bad?  Afraid to take a risk or gung ho - let's do it attitude.  They are our future leaders.

Let's hope that if the BOS select Mr. Andrews, we can guide him in the right direction, if he will accept dialogue from the citizens. 

Oh, I almost forgot, our Part-Time Chief........didn't he get in a fight in a bar or was driving impaired?  I honestly can't remember, but he is now Chief of two departments.  Does anyone know how much he is getting paid each week?

PLEASE, don't be angry about what I have written.  This is my town and it hurts to see how it is being run by the BIG CHAIR sitters.   Most of what I wrote I think I am questioning more than making a stand.  We may have a smokescreen in front of us and we could be losing valuable time to find another candidate to run for selectman (Larry?).

#111 2009-11-20 08:05:14

I have been told, and I have to assume it is correct, that there are other candidates for Selectman out there.
My only suggestion is you had better make a run fast...time is of the essence.
Your opposition can raise money faster and much more than any of you. They already have a campaign organization in place. They can make a few phone calls and raise thousands of dollars.
Steve Holmes has been at it quietly for months. He is making in-roads, but is also finding out that it isn't even close to being easy.
Your saving grace is the technology that exists, like this site and others, as well as various web sites to get the message out.
But, if your aren't "pounding" the sidewalks, meeting and greeting, getting names and e-mail addresses of supporters, meeting business people, large and small, quietly visiting homes and gathering support one person at a time, walking the streets and getting familiar with each part of the Town and the people, then your chances of winning are nil.
You certainly have the talent, experience and expertise of many people that know and have served within the system. Listen to them, but more than anything...Get going!!

#112 2009-11-20 12:21:42

Dan

I have been talking with many people over the past few months, attending various neighborhood meetings and events.

I can tell you that people are fed up with the current leadership and the organizational machine that put them in power.

There are no official candidates until after the 1st of the year. I am sure there are a few for the Selectmans positions.I recently read somewhere that there may be an interesting development in the Moderator's race, no confirmation but BB vs JD would be a great campaign to watch.

#113 2009-11-20 12:31:33

You just never know who might pop up as a candidate for Selectmen ;).

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com