#1 2009-11-19 00:09:06

The Town is abuzz not only about that  moron Slager, but the atrocious hirings of the BOS!!..when questioned about the TA and Library Director, one longtime resident asked "what's next, a child molester for Superintendent"??

On the subject of Boozey's battle with the bottle, the answer was simple: "if he's not an alcoholic now, he will be by the time he leaves Wareham"!!

Can things get any worse for our Town??..April can't come soon enough..

#2 2009-11-19 02:06:00

Once an alcoholic, always and alcoholic.  It is a disease.  A battle they deal with every day.  Not having a drink since last April, or whenever, does not make you cured.  You are never cured, but can forever be a recovering alcoholic.          We can only hope he will remain sober, but dealing with the current BOS will be this man's greatest challenge.

#3 2009-11-19 07:58:13

Everyone turned him down, except Wareham.
I suggest, as I did on another thread, you take all of the information you have about this guy, all the writings from editorial boards and private citizens, plop them down on the ITA's desk and tell him to give the information to the Selectmen.
Then, go to Tuesday night's meeting, and in citizen participation, question what they plan on doing about this information and the obvious need to not hire this man.
He is a drunk, and an embarrassment...let him be clean and sober in some other community.
You already have enough dysfunctional public officials...you don't need one more.
Just my opinion,of course.

#4 2009-11-19 08:13:54

The question of the day is why, since the bos knew about this guy, did they hire him?

The answer lies in their past behavior. Why do you think they put off hiring a full time TA when they had an interim TA who would bend over backwards doing whatever the bos wanted him to do including letting them interfere with day to day? And said ITA was willing to suffer their scoldings and humiliations in public each week in order to keep his job.

So, now they have found a TA who will be forever under their collective thumbs. The guy knows his job prospects are nil, so he is right now practicing his backward bend over technique so he will keep this band of 5 happy.  Yes folks, we have traded one bos lackey, the ITA for another bos lackey, boozey TA.  "Your wish is my every command."  Let's count the days from when he takes office to his first public flogging/humiliation by the bos. 

You can be sure that this guy will not do as McAuliffe did---his fatal flaw? He disagreed with some of the cockamamie bull the bos tried to make him do.  He learned very quickly that if he was not willing to bend over backwards, he would not have a good working relationship with the bos. Remember their high praise when they hired him? Because he would not lackey-up, he got fired.

Fair warning to boozey TA.  Get to the gym and start practicing. He who is most flexible, can bend over backwards the farthest.

#5 2009-11-19 23:22:31

I am rethinking my criticism of Boozy, this may be a good choice:

1) Anyone hired to be a town administrator and to work with this BOS will develop a drinking problem anyway, so why not get a head start?

2)  What better punishment for DUI related arrests than having to leave your job, move down to Wareham, and have to sit between Brucey and Brenda every Tuesday night and have to pretend like you give a shit what they have to say.

3) Maybe he could do public service announcments.  "Hey kids, don't drink and drive, or you'll have to become a BOS lackey."

4)  Has to go through the punishment of Bobo interviews. "What?  Do I think Bruce is awesome?  He's ok I guess, what, no I don't have any bagels to give to you.  What?  Yes, I know you have diabetes."

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-11-19 23:25:06)

#6 2009-11-20 01:21:29

the good old folks of Wareham can't stop talking about the TA hiring..a member of the Town Moderator Fan Club said " maybe John will organize a Cape Verdean's against Drunk Town Administrators protest!!

In defense of the new TA's drunk driving issues,  a future voter stated "at least his liscence wasn't suspended!!

When i mentioned the removal of the safe from the library, a history buff friend of mine asked "was Geraldo Rivera there"??

All material brought to you by our very own elected officials!!

#7 2009-11-20 05:44:02

slagisDB wrote:

In defense of the new TA's drunk driving issues,  a future voter stated "at least his liscence wasn't suspended!!

Apparently it WAS suspended, just like Sweet Brucey's license was suspended, although as far as we know, he didn't drive while it was suspended, a step up from Brucey anyway.  We may have to ensure the public saftey by buying a shuttle bus to transport our public officials to and from selectmen's meetings.

#8 2009-11-20 05:47:09

And speaking of quotes, I'm sure you all heard, the running joke going around town while trying to figure out who they would pick was, "Canevazzi is the only one with town administration experience so...oh yeah of course he won't get it."

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com