#1 2009-11-15 01:26:00

Chief continues working in two towns

School Committee member Chris Nobile spoke out at Monday's meeting, saying that he thought the town was "tempting fate a little here" by being without a chief at least once a week. He argued that while North Andover is one of the safer towns in the state, there have been some heinous crimes in the past year.

"There is anxiety here that I hear from folks," Nobile said. "Is this really the time to increase our risk to Chief Stanley not being available?"

But Rees said Stanley's first priority is North Andover, no matter what day of the week.

"If his services are needed here, he'll be here," Rees said.

"I miss him when he's gone... I get therapy. I'm working through it."

— North Andover Selectman and police officer Dan Lanen, joking about police Chief Richard Stanley's Friday trips to Wareham, where he serves as acting police chief.

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

Last edited by PShooter (2009-11-15 03:15:03)

#2 2009-11-15 06:37:07

Link to above quotes

Chief works in two towns

Missing him, both from Eagle Tribune

Last edited by urneighbor (2009-11-15 06:39:27)

#3 2009-11-15 08:02:33

Time to end the nonsense. Get rid of the part time Chief (How much is he making by the way? Has anyone asked or received an answer).
It is unfair to both Towns to have a Chief that is unavailable to the Townspeople any time during the week.
North Andover is smart enough to know that this arrangement is not working out.

#4 2009-11-15 12:43:02

Thanks for the assist neighbor...I usually double check the links..oops..
Glad I added the quotes correctly, at least..

We need a FT Chief (IMO).."Wareham takes back seat (in our own cruiser!) to North Andover" should be the headline..

Another situation where if the "leaders" had done what's right, the ball would have been rolling on getting a FT Chief long ago..wasted $$ and time..same pattern over and over..and over..and over...

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

#5 2009-11-15 20:17:11

How about an organized campaign, going door to door in every neighborhood to collect signatures stating that we want a full time chief.  I would say we need to get 15,000 signatures to make a valid point. That would be a majority of the town.

#6 2009-11-16 07:20:00

This BoS tosses out any petitions it doesn't like. I'm sure there is a video clip of the BoS meeting where they completely disavowed the petition signed by, if I remember, 1300 people in town. They won't hire a new full time chief because they plan to put that warrant article on the April election ballot. This town will be without strong leadership for a long time.

We don't have a qualified TA.  We don't have a qualified Library Director. We don't have a qualified full time police chief.

Wareham is a sinking ship (easy to do in 54 miles of coastline) and the Coast Guard is no where in sight.  Who will come to our rescue?

#7 2009-11-16 07:51:58

Qualified, foresighted, intelligent, dedicated, committed, knowledgeable candidates for Selectmen will come to your rescue. Oh yes, a qualified Moderator candidate should place the frosting on the cake!

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com