#1 2009-11-14 11:13:03

Well I have been reading all the posts on this and the Courier's site for a few days. I have commented only a few times. I will say ENOUGH already!

Let's think about what we are doing here. Bobo has flung a whole bunch of crap against the wall hoping that something will stick. In his post on the Courier site he has said "They won't call for the trustee to open their books to the public. Any questions?"

Let there be no mistake, this well planned smoke screen, orchestrated by Bobo with the approval of the Selectmen, is designed to produce three results. 1) Give Bobo what he has always wanted - the Friends of the Library financial information he doesn't care to go get himself. We all know this information is a matter of public record at both the AG's office and with the IRS in the annual filings that every charitable organization must file. Bobo wants it handed to him on a platter. 2) Shift the focus from what the real issues are in Wareham to the fictional, ahead of the April elections. This well planned diversion will create issues where none otherwise exists, causing us to loose focus on replacing all the incumbents up for reelection in April as well as the CRC crap. 3) Place the Selectmen in a position to continue their attack on the Library. This vindictive BOS will never stop until either they are out office or the Library is closed forever. We hope the out of office option is first.

The real sad part is that we are playing right into all this crap. This issue would have died days ago if we didn't continue to breath life into it. In good faith we are trying to defend against a ghost of a charge. Bobo has nothing to show us, except is willingness to continue to ruin this town.

I believe we should two things: 1) We should all stop responding to Bobo's crap. We have said before - he will go away if we do not give him a forum. 2) Call on the Selectmen to publicly demand that Bobo take all his information to the new Wareham Police Chief by Wednesday morning (or the next day the Chief decides to come to town). The Selectmen should also state that if Bobo does not comply with this request, the Town will immediately stop all advertising any other support of him and his alleged paper. This would mean no more legal notices published and no more free paper distribution in town owned buildings.

We need to understand that all our good intentions are just prolonging Bobo's nonsense. If Bobo really thinks he has a credible case then he should do whatever it takes to bring it to a conclusion.

Once again I say HAD ENOUGH YET?

#2 2009-11-14 11:43:21

RU:
I second that!

#3 2009-11-14 12:54:30

I'd had more than enough three years ago !!

Let's fast forward to Tuesday Night.....

Let's say I...our any one of us  branded  as "hate-bloggers" by the BOS....... go forward at Citizen Time....

They listen ....Brenda shaking her head ever so slightly, mouth open in disbelief: Jane 's face  gets steadily redder... lips purled tight; Bruce smirks in anticipation of his coming "slam dunk"  response: Cronan holds his head in his hands and stares down at the table . Walter listens.

When I or whomever finish, here's Bruce:  "That was a nice speech Mr. Wheeler, but I have to tell you that we we have been put here to protect our citizens from wrong doing, and if you think there hasn't been evidence of wrong doing at the Wareham Free Library, you haven't  been paying attention for the past three years.  And although it is not my nature to embarass people in public, it seems legitimate to point out that  (He's smirking now) you might be ever so slightly ...shall we say...prejudiced here ?

No Mr. Wheeler....Enough has come to us to make us feel that the people of this wonderful town deserve more than they have been getting. It is our  clear decision to move forward with a full investigation."

Then what do I say that doesn't make matters worse?

One of the things I've learned in dealing with  dogs is: Never give an order you can't enforce.  They will respond  as if the order itself shows how bad Wareham has become as a result of  "the special interest groups that  have created financial chaos in one of our most treasured institutions"....

Now.... if you want to plan  a large demonstration with placards and chants....maybe we could make some headway.

How many "Had enoughs? "are out there?   How are we going to refute anonymous witnesses to alleged crimes with angry but anonymous people?

#4 2009-11-14 13:17:54

Dick,
Here is my suggestion. We, as a group, need to continue to press the issues that are important.
Let's talk about fiscal responsibility. Jane Donahue says this is one of the goals of the Selectmen. So, let's keep asking where it is. Is it hiding under the legal fees?  Let's ask them about their professional behavior. Where is that? Is it disguised by calling citizen's a**hole, and moving to dissolve town meeting because they didn't get their way. How about affordable housing for seniors? Are they aware that Westfield is no longer an option and instead of crying about it, shouldn't we be working on a comprehensive study? What will the CRC say when the voters tell them what they are doing isn't want the citizens want?

I heard the word accountablility from two of the 5 Selectmen last week. So why don't we start demanding accountability from our Selectmen and ITA?

Enough with Slager. He is a piece of dog pooh. He isn't a taxpayer or resident. He has no business in Wareham. I have been guilty of calling him out on his lies only to have him spin it and lie again. Let's scrap him off our shoes. Let's concentrate on the real issues that face us. The elected officials of this town have to go. We need responsible leadership that truly believes in being accountable to the voters. Tell a friend, neighbor, relative and spread the word. We are going to Take Back Wareham and save our town.

Now....back to football....GO VOLS!

#5 2009-11-14 13:46:01

Please permit to restate ruk's excellent points in a slightly different manner:

1. This blog cannot cure the venomous attitude of the BoS toward the library. What it can do, is make sure that the election on next April 6, 2010, puts into place replacements for the purveyor of such a disgrace and one of his fellow travelers providing an opportunity to move forward in a positive relationship..

That election, in case you lost track, is 4.75 months away.

2. This blog cannot upgrade the substandard management of the BoS and its instrument of destruction (the iTA). What it can do, is make sure that the election of next April 6, 2010, puts into place replacements for the perpetrators of such an abyssmal record of mismanagement, thus allowing a sorely needed change of direction.

That election, just to remind you, is 20.5 weeks away.

3. This blog cannot, in my opinion, deliver the desired knockout punch to a certain advocacy polemicist. What it can do, after softening up the target, is to make sure that in the election of April 6, 2010, the exclusive source to this lackey is replaced. along with a misguided sycophant. And thus, finally relegating the rag to the dustbin where it belongs.

Did you know that that election is 143 days away?

Focus. Not only that, Focus. And beyond that, Focus.

You know that they already are focused, now don't you?

To paraphrase James Carville & the Clintons: "It's the election, stupid!"

Tempus fugit..........

#6 2009-11-14 13:48:55

Uh, Larry,

I read that the Vols will be traveling a little light today. I fear that you and my brother-in-law in Nashville may be disappointed.

As for me: On Wisconsin!

#7 2009-11-14 14:25:48

Notalawyer has scored a bullseye with that post, I've put "post-its" on the bathroom mirror and on the fridge that say,"FOCUS", and I'm going to add two more right after this: "FIND ANOTHER APRIL 6 VOTER TODAY"

But whatever else you do....don't let this  next exchange get back to The BOS....they wouldn't "get it".

A Wareham BOS (take your pick),  walks into a bar and  plops down on a stool next to someone from the State DOR.

They chat, and when DOR guy realizes he's talking to a Wareham BOS, he blurts out, " I hope you folks have a good knowledge of the word, "receivership"!

Wareham BOS : "I know someone who works on a Container Ship....But what's a Receiver Ship?"

Last edited by Dick Wheeler (2009-11-14 15:13:58)

#8 2009-11-14 15:25:17

Another great thread..You guys are on fire today...whoops gotta go.
and Dick, count me in as one of the "Had Enough's"

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

Last edited by PShooter (2009-11-14 15:25:35)

#9 2009-11-14 16:04:57

Nota, all good points. We need to continue to Focus. HAD ENOUGH YET? TAKE BACK WAREHAM - APRIL 6, 2010!

#10 2009-11-14 16:22:38

I agree with nota and Molly...stay away.
Don't add fuel to, not a fire, a dud fuse.

#11 2009-11-14 16:41:54

To the troll for one last post about this nonsense:
It is something you may hear a lot about very soon.
Argumentum ad Lazarum...

#12 2009-11-14 17:07:03

ruk,

let me add to your couplet, if I may:

HAD ENOUGH YET?
TAKE BACK WAREHAM!
FOCUS!!!!

BTW, I seem to left out a major element in the April 6, 2010 election derby. That would be the esteemed Town Moderator, a "legend in his own mind".
Don't worry, it's coming

#13 2009-11-15 00:38:59

edit-reposted to new thread..chief stanley.

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

Last edited by PShooter (2009-11-15 03:14:26)

#14 2009-11-15 08:28:38

Nota, I love it. That should be a bumper sticker. Picture the bumpers on the cars of all the voters in town with the HAD ENOUGH YET? TAKE BACK WAREHAM. FOCUS! This would be priceless!

#15 2009-11-15 08:48:43

rukidding wrote:

Nota, I love it. That should be a bumper sticker. Picture the bumpers on the cars of all the voters in town with the HAD ENOUGH YET? TAKE BACK WAREHAM. FOCUS! This would be priceless!

i HAVE take back wareham tshirts and bumper stickers if anyone wants one???

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com