#1 2009-11-13 08:18:16

In a recent article in the local tabloid involving an embezzlement scheme and an anonymous trustee providing the information, I read these words, "Another source of revenue came from money residents spent using the copy machines. For more than 10 years most of that money was never recorded with the town. It was collected and put into the same private accountant, with Pillsbury again taking her 10 percent cut and collecting the entire amount of interest."

The problem with making ups stories such as this, is that there just might be evidence to the contrary. I plan to give the evidence below, but let me say that I am speaking ONLY for myself here. There is no truth to this entire fabrication about embezzlement, and as a person who served as a trustee during the years 1995 to 2005, I can speak with authority to this issue.

TRUTH: During the 10 years in question NO money from the public copy machines was recorded with the town, and there is a good reason for that. There are 2 public copy machines. One is near the circulation desk and the other is in the reference area. The library had a contract during those years with a private company that owned the machines. Accordingly, the company provided the machines, serviced them and provided the copy paper. In return, the company collected the money. NOT ONE PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH THE LIBRARY HAD KEYS TO THE CHANGE BOXES OF THE COPY MACHINES. That included Mary Jane Pillsbury, all staff members, trustees, Friends, janitors, you name it.  Company reps came to the library on a regular basis during business hours, were well known to the staff, cleaned out the change boxes, supplied paper, and left.

This could easily have been verified by asking any of the current staff who worked there during those years.  I'm sure you could obtain the name of the company and a phone number to verify the information as well. But that is something a real reporter might do before making the allegations. And I see no evidence of verification of this tall tale provided in the tabloid.

What many of you do not know is that most of the trustees involved in the recent litigation were not trustees during the 10 year period.  Trustees serve a 3 year term and that can be renewed for 3 more. After being off for one year, you can apply again.  During the 10 years, many fine citizens of Wareham served on the board of trustees.

On another thread on this blog, it was mentioned that the man just appointed to the CEDA board told the selectmen he had been a library trustee in the past. He served during the infamous 10 years, and I served with Mr. Fichtenmeyer as a member and under him when he was the chair. He is a long time member of the Reserves and I recall his first deployment shortly after 9/11. I understand from what he said that he recently returned from Iraq. This man is an upstanding citizen, honest, trustworthy and loyal. He has a lovely family and will do a great job on the CEDA board. My point here is when you make broad accusations, innocent, dedicated, hard working people are implicated. That's just not right.

#2 2009-11-13 08:40:03

Thank you Nora...I appreciate all you (and many other's) have done for our Town. You all have something Bobo doesn't, a good heart, a charitable soul, and CREDIBILITY. Much like the sicknesses going around that hit Cara's (and many of our) family's, let's hope Wareham's immune system is strong enough to defeat this illness, and wipe it out for good. If only it took an antibiotic or shot to rid ourselves of these ones.

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

#3 2009-11-13 09:34:52

I just got this email from the tabloid writer: I read your most recent post regarding the copy machines. I have financial documentation that shows the library leased the copy machines for $217.31 per month. Care to revise your statement?

Robert Slager

In September, 2005, the Library Trustees, a private non-profit trust (and the court agreed that this is true) rented a copy machine from a company called Riso. That copy machine was for the staff. It resides next to the technical services librarian's desk in the back area of the library not open to the general public and there is no money box attached to that machine. Staff can make copies at no charge.  Note the date, late 2005. The claims involved the years 1995 to 2005.

And here is the logic. If the trustees leased a machine that DID have a money box on it, and the trustees hold a private trust and paid the rental from that trust, then the money would have legally belonged to the trustees and NOT the town.

So, really, no, I have no reason to revise my statement. I am telling the truth.

#4 2009-11-13 09:35:32

I just want to point out that Nora is doing this for the right reasons. None of the trustees should have to defend themself against allegations made by a reporter who has made it a habit out of butchering the Library trustees without cause or proof. I appreciate Nora and all her efforts.

#5 2009-11-13 09:42:28

thank you Nora. I have a couple of questions for you regarding the copy machine arrangement, in the interest of minor clarifications.

You mention the two public machines, which charged for copies. Were there other copiers available only to staff? If so, were these part of that  lease agreement between the library & the vendor, or were they under a separate lease?

Was the amount collected from the public copiers the full extent of the compensation to the vendor, or was there a base lease rate paid by the library?

I suspect that the nature of the agreements between the library and its vendor are being used by you-know-who as a jumping off point for his egregious fantasy trip.

BoBo? Jumping off?

Hamlet, Act 3, Scene 1

"tis a consummation devoutly to be wished"

#6 2009-11-13 09:46:47

Excellent, excellent point you make about the "reporter" researching the copy machine arrangement at the library and doing actual investigative journalism. 

I've been making this point for a while as have many of you but this is exactly where his newspaper loses credibility.  Throwing this story out there as an "In this Corner" or some other editorial piece is just a cop out.  Why not right a "NEWS" story and then add an editorial if you choose. 

This approach is actually saving him actual work.  NEWS reporting and investigative journalism requires you to seek out both sides of the story and then present them in a story to your audience.  He STAYS on one side of the story and then editorializes about it; rarely publishing a basic news story.  If there is a news story, it generally includes phrases such as, "The Observer has learned.....", or "After the Observer reported.....".  If he finds a way to include those phrases, THEN it is worth a "NEWS" story. 

There is obviously more to discredit to this story but this is a GREAT start.  It will be curious to follow the bouncing ball.

#7 2009-11-13 09:51:19

There was a machine in the back for the staff during those years. I don't remember, but I think the library owned that one outright and eventually it was really needing a lot of repairs etc. so that was when the contract was made with the vendor. It might be possible that if the library didn't "own" it outright, that is purchased it with its budget, that it might have been "owned" by the town as part of the town's copy machine service at the time. Since this was done by the library, and not the trustees, I don't have that documentation so I can't answer the compensation question.

I do know that the trustees paid no fees for rental of copy machines until the one I mention renting in Sept. 2005. I paid those bills $271.31 per month to Riso until the end of 2006 when I was no longer treasurer.

For the other questions, you could ask staff that worked there then since Mrs. Pillsbury, who would have worked with that vendor is no longer with us.

I hope this answers your questions.

#8 2009-11-13 10:21:07

Nora,

Thank you for stepping up to the plate and posting the facts. We all know that Mr. Slager takes the information from here and uses it as a basis for his own paper. I doubt that he'll copy and paste your comments into his own news article so that the facts will be known as it will prove that he did not do his research and that his allegations are completely false.

But, now that WE know "the rest of the story", we certainly can spread the word.

#9 2009-11-13 10:34:14

We also have yet to hear from Bobo on in important issue. The appointment of the former library trustee to the CEDA board. This war veteran and no-nonsense man was not asked any questions or even taken to task by Bobo! He is not just a former trustee, but a former Chairman. WHy is it that Bobo is avoiding this angle? Could it be that this honorable man is alive and not deceased? Could it be that not only would this man stomp the coward for suggesting such allegations?

#10 2009-11-13 10:49:20

Nora Bicki wrote:

TRUTH: During the 10 years in question NO money from the public copy machines was recorded with the town, and there is a good reason for that. There are 2 public copy machines. One is near the circulation desk and the other is in the reference area. The library had a contract during those years with a private company that owned the machines. Accordingly, the company provided the machines, serviced them and provided the copy paper. In return, the company collected the money....Company reps came to the library on a regular basis during business hours, were well known to the staff, cleaned out the change boxes, supplied paper, and left.

Just a bit of clarification if possible...All revenue generated by the 2 public copy machines went directly to the copy machine company.  Did that company at least reimburse the town for the cost of the electricity required to run those machines?  If the details of that contract are correct, not only was the copy machine company the only entity to benefit from this deal, but the town actually lost money on every copy purchased.  To break even on a service offered to the town is fine, but when the town is actually loosing money when another company is profiting isn't such a wise contract to have been negotiated.  If that is still the current policy today, I would suggest that either the current contract needs to be reviewed and renegotiated or those machines need to be removed. Too bad we can't recapture all the money we've obviously lost over those 10 years...

#11 2009-11-13 11:10:57

Taj

Ms. Lilly,
Let me see if I've got this right --- In the face of verifiable evidence that Slager's allegations are based on complete falsehoods and that should raise doubt as to the veracity of everything he has written utterly without proof,  you want to turn your attention to how much electricity the copy machines used?

Are you serious?

#12 2009-11-13 11:15:43

Francis Bacon's sayings are still "on the mark" 400 years after he uttered them.  Here are just two:

"Men tend to believe what they prefer to be true."

"Men on their side must force themselves to lay their notions aside and begin to familiarize themslves with facts."

FACTS ? ?.......What a concept ! !

#13 2009-11-13 11:15:46

Yeah...I guess those two copy machines, back in 1995-2005 dollars, probably used about 15 cents per day.
Let's just say $1.00 per week. That's $52.00 per year, times 10 is $520.00 over ten years.
Yeah..that's relevant.

#14 2009-11-13 11:23:11

MsLilly, I don't think the town was "losing" on the deal - from Ms. Bicki's comment:

Accordingly, the company provided the machines, serviced them and provided the copy paper. In return, the company collected the money.

So in exchange for the 10 cents per copy (or whatever the charge was), the company provided several hundred (maybe several thousand) dollars worth of equipment at no charge to the town, performed all maintenance on said equipment at no charge to the town, and provided paper for the library patrons to make copies at no charge to the town.  I'd also assume that there was an equipment upgrade or two in there along the way.  That seems like a reasonable deal, and something that's fairly common in the business world - they outsourced a service that is outside of their core competency.

#15 2009-11-13 11:28:11

Very serious Taj...I can't do anything about proving or disproving the recent allegations but I can try and  correct a poor managerial decision that allows my tax dollars to be flushed down the proverbial toilet...and how many more decisions just like that one have been made over the last 10 years?  You obviously don't care about the town wasting our tax dollar so someone else can profit, but I do...

Let me get this straight...because I can't solve the "big one", I'm not supposed to pay attention to the little ones I might be able to?  Enough little ones make a big one...

Are you serious?

#16 2009-11-13 11:30:48

Miss Lily,

Who is the town? It's the people who live here. Where does the money come from that is in the library budget? From the taxpayers. So in essence it is my money that paid for the electricity for those "publicly used copy machines".

I don't feel that I was being screwed by paying a little bit of money for the electricity that went to that copy machine. My tax dollar created a convenience for anyone in town to be able to go into the library and make copies. In fact, I'm very happy and willing to pay a few cents a month to give my fellow neighbors the ability to make copies.

Why would you resent paying for what probably is less than two to three dollars a month, divided by every taxpayer in town, to provide that electricity so that the elderly, students, or the average homeowner who does not have a copy machine at home could make copies?

Are you that bitter a person that your not willing to give a penny or two to make it convenient for your fellow community residents to  have access to something they may need to utilize.

Last edited by Maturevoter (2009-11-13 11:32:44)

#17 2009-11-13 11:36:13

I forgot to mention that all staff members had a "bypass" key that allowed them to make all the copies they wanted for library job purposes for free. You insert the by pass key and you don't have to put any money into the coin box. I think that probably covered the fee for electricity.

Nice try at a diversion from the real issue though.

I don't hear people complaining about the taxpayer dollars spent on Kopelman and Paige for the litigation. Read the settlement and see if it was all worth it.

#18 2009-11-13 11:45:45

Sorry ACO, but I have to disagree...if we were a more affluent community, I'd say we could justify losing money on a service, but for copy machines at the library?  If they are costing the taxpayers money so another company can profit, then take them out...

#19 2009-11-13 11:49:03

Nora,
That isn't part of the "their" agenda. If they can bring the focus on the pittance spent on electricity, maybe people will forget the astronomical amounts spent on lost legal cases and poor management decisions! (Wow...what a concept!)

Taj,
Ignore Ms Petunia. She is just a shill for Slager and has proven it over and over again.

#20 2009-11-13 11:59:15

Nora Bicki wrote:

I forgot to mention that all staff members had a "bypass" key that allowed them to make all the copies they wanted for library job purposes for free. You insert the by pass key and you don't have to put any money into the coin box. I think that probably covered the fee for electricity.

It's too bad they didn't use that "bypass" key more often to "make all the copies they wanted for library job purposes for free" ...maybe we could have saved some money on the ones we had to buy/lease/maintain/etc.? 

Yes, I do agree...it is too bad that this litigation was initiated in the first place...perhaps you need to ask someone that felt compelled to sue the town that question...they probably answer better than someone that didn't have a choice in the matter...was it worth it?

#21 2009-11-13 12:11:14

MsLilly, I just did a quick search for a mid-range Canon office multi-function device - not the best, not the worst, somewhere in the middle.  About what a library would need.  These devices start at $800 apiece.  So you're saying you would rather have the town front $1600 for two copy machines, bear responsibility for any maintenance costs, and pay for paper and toner, in exchange for a few pennies per page copied? 

If it's 10 cents per page (about what i remember paying for copies back in the day), then we're talking about 16,000 copies needing to be made before the machines are paid for, and that's without discounting the original cost as any good economic model would do.  The real number for cash flow purposes is probably 18,000. If we assume a useful life of 5 years (probably generous for a technology product), then that's 3,600 copies per year - 10 per day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year - just to pay for the devices.  Maintenance on these devices would be in the range of $75/hr.  So every time something goes wrong with one of them, that's 750 copies that need to be made just to pay for 1 hour of service, nevermind any additional parts or labor.  Add in toner and paper, and the economics just get worse.  Add in the risk of the device(s) totally failing, and it gets still worse.  Add in the free copies that library staff could make on the provided devices, and it gets still worse.  Even if running such services were profitable, it would then be further exposed to the risk of someone stealing from the kitty, as was the accusation that has been made and proven wrong.

If you still think that the town is getting a terrible deal on this, then you're right, we'll have to disagree on the issue.  But this is the same model that companies all over the world use to provide services outside their area of expertise - the idea that we're "losing money" on this service just because there's an outsourced provider doesn't really hold water.

#22 2009-11-13 12:14:52

C' mon Ms Lilly..don't you think your grasping at straws just a bit??
Let's forget everything else everybody!!..The electricity cost was an outrage!!

Cas, Taj and everyone else said it right. Do you have to agree with Bobo on everything? Should he go to the authorities, in fact should have long ago?

You reveal yourself by your blind faith to him, and are complicit in his attempts to distort and misrepresent. You know I tried to hear it from both of your sides. Your continued efforts to justify his actions have spoken loudly to me. It's nobody's goal to hide the truth..au contraire..it seems that's exactly what Bobo has done. Are people innocent until proven guilty? Do they have a right to face their accuser? Does Bobo's long history of lies and lack of credibility lend credence to his recent BS? Would you give a loan to someone who has a credit rating of ZERO??? You say your open to "facts"..come on, like Bobo, I need to see ANY evidence that that's the case.

Whether it's coincidentally coming up with a story about a rabbi that's a little too much like this situation, stating that anyone who doesn't feel the Town is supposed to jump up and investigate this is somehow "in on it", or raising concerns about the cost of electricity (really??)..the proof is in the pudding..and your behind him no matter what.

Now, often we are just accused of attacking those of you who voice opposition..it seems the final resort once legitimate facts have been presented, you still fail to recognize them, and the frustration level hits the boiling point.
...Divert, discredit, and raise seemingly relevant (but often not so much) "points" to consider and take away from the true issues appears to be your game.

I personally think the end game is political..and I'll ask you, Did these methods work for you at TM?..Let me answer, NO..and they won't moving forward. What Slager has done, and is doing is causing damage to the Town you claim to care about..you'd rather say it was "us"...again, I ask, really???

Admit it's Slager's responsibility to go to the authorities, at least do that, will ya? You know he won't and never had any intention of doing so..No problem with you right?
No problem with alot of things apparently..oh, right, except for "us" and all the harm we cause. C'mon Ms Lilly, c'mon.

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

Last edited by PShooter (2009-11-13 12:20:00)

#23 2009-11-13 12:18:46

Interest of full context...

===========================================
The endless lies of the library lobby
By Robert Slager
The Wareham Observer

For the past few days I have sat back and read the absolute nonsense being spewed by the library lobby on local web sites. These people are doing everything within their power to convince the good people of Wareham that the town should not order a full forensic audit of the library books and a full forensic audit of the library computer systems.
    Attempts to justify such a position have been absolutely ludicrous. I will address each of these so-called justifications individually and allow the readers to draw their own conclusions.

A judge ruled in the favor of the former board of library trustees during litigation with the town: This is perhaps the most absurd claim of all. The library lobby has repeatedly made the claim that a judge ruled in their favor regarding the lawsuit between the town and the former board of library trustees. That is an outright lie. The judge made absolutely no such determination. Both sides in the lawsuit agreed to engage in non-binding mitigation to try to resolve their respective complaints before going to trial. A tentative settlement was reached. The judge made no ruling whatsoever regarding which side was right and which side was wrong. The purpose of mediation is not to determine such things. It’s to try to reach a legal compromise to avoid sending a case to trial.

A team of lawyers and a judge went over the trustee’s financial records and found nothing amiss: This is another outright lie. Any evidence provided to the judge by the former board of library trustees would have to be presented to Town Counsel by law. Nora Bicki, a spokesperson for the former board of trustees, made a post of Bill Whitehouse’s web site Friday morning saying there was nothing in the settlement agreement that required the former trustees to turn over their financial records to the town. If, as the library lobby claims, a judge had all the financial information, found that nothing was amiss, and was required by law to share those financial documents with Town Counsel, why would the town still be asking for those financial records? Wouldn’t Town Counsel already have them? The truth is those financial records were never turned over during mediation. If they had been the town would already be in possession of them.

There was no way money was embezzled from the library copy machine and used as revenue in a money laundering scheme because the company the library leased the money from collected it each month: Bicki post this ridiculous claim Friday morning on Bill Whitehouse’s web site. She actually claimed money couldn’t have been embezzled because the library leased the copy machines from an outside vendor and that vendor collected the money each week. Wow. These are Bicki’s exact words: “TRUTH: During the 10 years in question NO money from the public copy machines was recorded with the town, and there is a good reason for that. There are 2 public copy machines. One is near the circulation desk and the other is in the reference area. The library had a contract during those years with a private company that owned the machines. Accordingly, the company provided the machines, serviced them and provided the copy paper. In return, the company collected the money. NOT ONE PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH THE LIBRARY HAD KEYS TO THE CHANGE BOXES OF THE COPY MACHINES. That included Mary Jane Pillsbury, all staff members, trustees, Friends, janitors, you name it.  Company reps came to the library on a regular basis during business hours, were well known to the staff, cleaned out the change boxes, supplied paper, and left.”
    When the Observer presented Bicki with evidence that the former trustees paid $217.31 to lease the copy machines, Bicki then clarified her statement on Whitehouse’s web site by saying “I do know that the trustees paid no fees for rental of copy machines until the one I mention renting in Sept. 2005. I paid those bills $271.31 per month to Riso until the end of 2006 when I was no longer treasurer. For the other questions, you could ask staff that worked there then since Mrs. Pillsbury, who would have worked with that vendor is no longer with us.”
    The Observer reported that the alleged money laundering/embezzlement scheme at the library occurred from 1995-2005. Bicki admitted that the former board of trustees didn’t begin leasing the machines until September of 2005, adding that she has no specific knowledge of what occurred with the machines prior to that. The Observer has found no evidence of any contract with a vendor that would allow that vendor to collect money from the copy machines before or after 2005. Such an agreement is completely implausible. The town would have paid to lease the copy machine, turn over the profits from that machine to the vendor while being responsible for the electricity required to operate the machine. That makes no sense whatsoever.

The Internal Revenue Service should conduct the investigation: This is clearly the best hope the library lobby has to thwart an actual forensic audit of the library books and computer system.
Admittedly, it’s a clever strategy. Because money was allegedly embezzled from the library to replace funds that were kicked back to donors, the IRS may initially have a difficult time bringing charges against the donors. The entire concept of money laundering is to cover evidence of wrong-doing. Many of the 123 people allegedly involved in this operation may be able to provide canceled checks to one of the various fund-raising organizations for the library, thus showing evidence of their alleged innocence. But their donations were allegedly “cleaned” by former library director Mary Jane Pillsbury. The entire purpose of conducting a full forensic accounting audit at the library is to either find financial documentation that supports the allegation of money laundering or to discover that documents have been removed or deleted that would show evidence of the money trail.
    The IRS will not undergo such a time-consuming and costly investigation before an embezzlement case is established first, and that's not within their jurisdiction. The library lobby no doubt plans to claim that the refusal of the IRS to get involved initially means the allegations aren’t valid and no other investigation should commence. That is why the people of Wareham should demand, as the Board of Selectmen did on Tuesday, that the Plymouth Country District Attorney’s office publicly announce its intention to commence a full investigation into the matter. If the DA refuses, the residents of Wareham should fully support the town in hiring a reputable independent accounting firm to conduct a thorough forensic audit of all library records dating back to 1995.

From the front page of the Wareham Observer
http://www.thewarehamobserver.com/
===========================================

#24 2009-11-13 12:31:05

This is amazing - Slager's point about the leased copier completely ignores the fact that Ms. Bicki quite clearly stated that the machine that was leased starting in 2005 was for back-office use by library staff. He then says that this leasing arrangement was for the customer-use machines, and uses this as 'evidence' to support his claims.  This is an outright fabrication, and should be removed from his blog immediately.  Heck, the post that he quotes STARTS with "There was a machine in the back for the staff during those years".  But hey, why would he let the facts get in the way of a good story?  Why would he bother to include the quote that completely blows his entire argument out of the water?  No reason to do that, right?

#25 2009-11-13 12:31:37

ACO...unless I misunderstood, we already have all those responsibilties in regards to the copiers that are for staff use only...the town pays for those...I was talking about the copiers that have a money box on them that are making a profit for a privately owned company who so graciously allows us to have them and uses the electricity we pay for to do so...as much as I appreciate all your stats, it's a basic concept...copy company gets all the money and we pay for the electricity...

Do you think anyone would mind if I put a slot machine right in between the copiers?  It wouldn't take up much room and it uses the minimum of electricity and of course I promise to maintain them and I'll even come and take all the money out of it so the town won't be bothered one little bit...what a service to our citizens that enjoy their trips to Foxwood I'd be providing...all that time and energy saved if they could just gamble right there at the library...

#26 2009-11-13 12:46:53

Then you would be pissed to know that most of the town leases their copy machine because it's CHEAPER than maintaining them.

#27 2009-11-13 12:48:25

Onset dude,
Again, Slager wants to spend money, but not his own. OUR money, taxpayer money on a full forensic audit that will cost the town over 6 digits. WHy? he said it himself. The IRS would not undertake an investigation of this magnitude without first having evidence. Not hearsay, not accusations, but confirmation of just ONE claim made by Slager or any of the informants. Hmmm, so we should proceed with an investigation without a shred of proof? Does that even sound like an intelligent statement?

I am sick of hearing how "the people" of Wareham should demand an investigation when the person making the accusations cannot make them stick and wants everyone to back up his claims like they were our claims.

If our Selectmen back up this idiot and his outrageous claims, they should be run out of town on a rail. This coward has done nothing to prove the claims and wants us to "trust him"?  Enough.....

If this is the type of person you follow Onsetdud, my sympathies are with you.

#28 2009-11-13 12:49:36

PShooter wrote:

C' mon Ms Lilly..don't you think your grasping at straws just a bit??
Let's forget everything else everybody!!..The electricity cost was an outrage!!

Cas, Taj and everyone else said it right. Do you have to agree with Bobo on everything? Should he go to the authorities, in fact should have long ago?

You reveal yourself by your blind faith to him, and are complicit in his attempts to distort and misrepresent. You know I tried to hear it from both of your sides. Your continued efforts to justify his actions have spoken loudly to me. It's nobody's goal to hide the truth..au contraire..it seems that's exactly what Bobo has done. Are people innocent until proven guilty? Do they have a right to face their accuser? Does Bobo's long history of lies and lack of credibility lend credence to his recent BS? Would you give a loan to someone who has a credit rating of ZERO??? You say your open to "facts"..come on, like Bobo, I need to see ANY evidence that that's the case.

For one, where and when did I ever say that "let's forget everything else everybody."  Yes, I attempted to contact the FBI to switch their attention from the library allegations to our electric bills...come on...and as far as siding with Robert on everything, if he has an issue with not removing the copy machines that are costing us money, I am not aware...I read a post, felt it was not the best possible choice we have concerning how our tax dollars are spent and commented about it...where does anything I wrote have to do with anything concerning the accusations? As I said, there is nothing I can do about the accusations except what I already have...request an investigation...

#29 2009-11-13 13:09:46

Am I living in a parallel universe?
Alice through the looking glass?

#30 2009-11-13 13:39:01

methinks she's looking into the glass too

#31 2009-11-13 13:50:44

MSLILLY YOU ARE AVOIDING THE TOPIC ALL TOGETHER. NORA PRESENTED EVIDENCE THAT IT WOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE TO TAKE MONIES FROM THE COPIER MACHINES. AN INDEPENDANT COMPANY TOOK CONTROL OVER EVERYTHING INCLUDING THE COLLECTION OF MONIES DEPOSITED. NO ONE HAD A KEY TO ACCESS THE COIN BOX. YOU GO OFF ON A TANGENT AND TALK ABOUT ELECTRICITY. MOST TOWN DEPTS DO THIS BECAUSE COPIERS ARE VERY EXPENSIVE TO MAINTAIN AND SERVICE. JUST LOOK HOW MANY TIMES A COPIER REPAIRMAN COMES OUT. THE WHOLE POINT IS THAT SLAGER HAS GOT CAUGHT IN A LIE ABOUT THE COPIERS AND YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT THE TOWNS ELECTRICITY.

#32 2009-11-13 14:13:08

Larry McDonald wrote:

I just want to point out that Nora is doing this for the right reasons. None of the trustees should have to defend themself against allegations made by a reporter who has made it a habit out of butchering the Library trustees without cause or proof. I appreciate Nora and all her efforts.

I just don't understand why people don't take BoBo to court for all the horrible things he writes about everyone.  It is frustrating and upsetting  when I hear of his degrading stories, and I don't even know most of the people involved.  I wish we could somehow start a legal fund to help in taking back wareham from this crazy crazy lying half-a -man.

#33 2009-11-13 14:41:09

MsLily, you need to immediately contact the FBI and amend your complaint that you made when you were juiced up on, ah, electricity.

1. Rental of space: wow, how did you miss this one? lesse, we can measure the copier(s), so many centimeters by so many centimeters, multiply it out and get the number of square meters that the machines demised. BUT WAIT!, there's more! In order to actually, yaknow, USE the machine, there would have to be a space to stand in front of it. Oh, this is tough. Do we square it off? use an average-sized person to estimate the required space? I'm beginning to see why you skipped this one.

BUT HOLD ON! The space ABOVE the copier is of little use to the library, so perhaps the proper method of calculation is the VOLUME of space that the copier and its appurtenant users take up. For that we need to know the distance from floor to ceiling, and, of course, how to compute the volume of a cube. Whew!

AND THERE'S MORE!! One presumes, does one not, that the library had to provide storage space for all those freebies, like paper (at least two sizes, no?) and toner. Should that be part of our rental of space agreement? Ya darn tootin'! Not only that, but the library had to provide a rubbish basket!!!!! and, maybe a recycle bin. More space.

Boy, I wish that I was the real estate rental agent who handled that sweet deal, I tell ya.

2. Allocation of applicable personnel costs: Here's another one you blew, badly. That rubbish basket? the recycling bin? Got to be emptied, doncha think? And copy machines are dirty little things. No doubt the vendor cleaned the machine itself, BUT, what about the floor, walls & ceiling around the machine? Can you say:STAFF. How'd ya miss that one, O goddess of expense allocation.

3. HVAC: In your overheated state, you completely missed this one. Machines like copiers tend to work best, in my experience, when temperature and humidity are within acceptable ranges. the library, I have it on good authority, actually kept the temperature and humidity at levels which the copy machines favored.

WELL. As part of the chargeback to the copier vendor, there should certainly be a charge for heating & cooling, which includes MORE electricity, as well as fuel. The HVAC systems wear out over time, so there should be a charge to account for the depreciation of the systems, no doubt due to overwork to heat & cool the demised space for the copier. Ya need to get beyond the surface on these things, Lilypad.

4. Building maintenance. Well. how obvious is this? If the copier vendor is going to rip off, er, make a profit, then the library patrons have to get into the building, true? SO any & all work on the parking lot, walkways, etc should have an allocation to charges to the vendor, correct?

AND, the same is true of the building itself. Can't have a roof leaking on the machines, now can we? More allocations.

MsLily, does this totally sarcastic extension of your feeble thoughts make you in any way see just how nonsensical you can be? My guess is no.

You're simply dizzy, MsLily
Charged up on the juice
You're just a dilly, MsLily
And can't accept the truth
Comeon, comeon, comeon Lily
Stop falling for the BoBo's ruse

Last edited by notalawyer (2009-11-13 14:44:16)

#34 2009-11-13 15:02:05

NAL...you lost me...does this mean the slot machine's a go????

#35 2009-11-13 15:24:49

It has been obvious for the past three years that a factor feeding into the mess that Bobo and The Bozos have created is their aversion to reading : The Charter, the  Public/Private structure that Wareham shares with nearly fifty communities in the Commonwealth. , and even the charges against the people they have been trying to "take out"! They simply haven't "done their homework", and it shows every time they open their mouths!

Here's our old pal Mark Twain saying things that are appropriate here:

"Get your facts first..then you can distort them all you like'"

" Facts are stubborn, but statistics are more pliable."

Here's the real "zinger" :   "A person who won't read has no advantage over a person who can't read."

#36 2009-11-13 15:31:10

ITS CHEAPER BECAUSE THE COPIERS INITIAL INVESTMENT OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS AND CONSTANT SERVICING. THE ELECTRICITY IS A SMALL EXPENSE THAT GIVES LIBRARY PATRONS A GREAT USE OF A SERVICE BY GETTING TO USE A COPIER FOR A NOMINAL CHARGE. AGAIN WITH THE EVIDENCE PROVIDED BY NORA IT SHOOTS A LARGE HOLE IN SLAGERS CLAIM OF MONEY LAUNDERING. HIS ARTICLE THAT TALKS ABOUT THE COPIER INFO RELEASED TODAY MAKES NO SENSE WHATSOEVER. OBVIOUSLY IT EASILY VERIFIABLE TO CONTACT THE COMPANY THAT DID THIS LEASE AND VERIFY NORA'S INFORMATION.

#37 2009-11-13 15:32:00

BUT WAIT THE COPIER COMPANY MIGHT BE "IN" ON IT TOO. ANOTHER LIE EXPOSED

#38 2009-11-13 15:43:56

"lost you", MsLily????

Now there's something we can agree on.

If I could to switch to Canadian, in which I am well-versed:
Not too surprising, eh?

#39 2009-11-13 16:09:33

notalawer

Wow, you are really talented.  I just stopped laughing.  It is a shame your talents are being used to defend the obvious.  MsLilly is nuts.  When Bruce S. is voted out in April the observor will just go away.  He will not have anyone feeding him this absolute foolishness.

#40 2009-11-13 16:16:45

.......Makes you wonder who said, "Hey, Ms Lily......We're in deep YoYo over this crazy scam that Bobo sold us on......Perhaps you could do us a favor and mosey on over to the Bill W site and see if you can distract  them while we figure out what in hell we're going to do  next....Never mind how goofy you might have to be....just keep them off balance."

#41 2009-11-13 16:50:20

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

#42 2009-11-13 18:00:05

DM, thank you for the kind thoughts. the never-ending stuff going on just brings it out.

PShooter (how'd you get that name again?) Thank you for posting my all time favorites, the Beatles. All these years later, and their work is still fresh and relevant. Amazing. Just like Benny Goodman, Sinatra, the Stones and so many others of top rank.

My hope is that the inspirations for my postings will fade away, when things evolve to a better place. Alas and alack.....

Buddy Holly: Not Fade Away!

And on, and on, and on.........

#43 2009-11-13 18:04:21

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

#44 2009-11-13 18:15:13

I hope you never fade away, nota...

#45 2009-11-13 18:55:43

Ms Lilly: the reason libraries even exist is to offer a range of free to low cost services to residents under the general headings of learning, knowledge and sharing information.

In many areas they compete with private business either by providing free services or in the case of copies matching or beating their prices. This is all done so patrons can avail themselves of related services under one roof.

I am sure regular posters don't need examples or an explanation of why the public copy machines are part of these library services and therefore costs of electricity are justified as part of the overall taxpayer funded budget.

Would you have the library get into the copy business just to make a few dollars? Who would service and maintain the machines and buy and keep track of the supplies and manage the money? Do you really think over-worked librarians ought to be asked to take on this task?

(Call a few libraries and see whether they have similar arrangements with copy machine companies for public use machines. I know of at least one other library that does.)

#46 2009-11-13 20:07:10

and they also sell old books at book sales but not at this library.

#47 2009-11-13 20:53:30

Recently some libraries have stopped book sales because the staff  time needed to go through the books - the library old books and  the donations - to decide what to keep for the collection and what to sell isn't available, even if they can make some money from the sale.

#48 2009-11-14 00:44:31

Last edited by godhelpwareham (2009-11-14 01:04:34)

#49 2009-11-14 07:35:08

Am I going crazy? I just read the entries by Nora Bicki and then I read ragboy's interpretation of what she said. I think someone is a bit off planet here.

But since he knows that not all of his readers read this truth blog, I'm sure they'll believe his story about the $217 thing. Talk about spin. Ignore the facts, pick out the phrases that work for your spin factor and make it look like Nora is lying.

I know some of his followers read this blog, so maybe, some of them will begin to realize that the rag is just that, a rag. Not worthy of fish wrap, puppy poopy patrol, bird cage liners etc.

It seems to me that there is hard evidence what with checks and invoices with dates on them. It's hard to deny the truth.

Evidence, now there's a novel idea. Or perhaps we've just been reading a bad novel.  It sure sounds like it.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com