#1 2009-11-13 13:33:36

Rip Dinkle Here! .................(que the music Hamm)

In another thread this was posted by Nora Bicki

You might find it interesting to note that on day 57, our lawyers called us to say that they heard from the town's attorney and he said that his clients wanted him to pass along the message that if the library parties were willing to give an extra $25,000 for a "climate control unit" for the preservation of historical records, the BoS would let the 60 days run out. Two other library party members, myself and two lawyers participated in this conference call. We were utterly shocked at this last minute attempt to get more money out of the library parties when the settlement had been finalized 57 days prior. Some people might even call this extortion. Obviously, we declined. The 60 days ran out. Case closed

Hmmm, what to make of this. Anyone? Would our Selectmen resort to such levels? Anyone?

Rip Dinkle.....Over and out!

#2 2009-11-14 07:29:04

Are you kidding me? I'm just catching up on my blog reading and I see this. How do these people get away with this kind of behavior. Well, maybe they won't come April.

So much library talk here but I hope we haven't lost our focus. We can't afford to have the bos making false statements and spending scads of money on legal bills that could be better spent elsewhere. We can't afford to have the bos adding failed warrant articles to the ballot in April. We can't afford to have bos who don't appoint strong department heads. I could go on and on. But looking at this entry I guess I have to say we can't have bos pulling stunts like this.

When will we all say enough?

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com