#1 2009-11-11 20:54:05

griswald tells librians that the policy of discarded books being sold  at the book sales will not happen any more, that this was a dishonest thing to do even though this is commen in all librarys, the new policy was to put the books in her office and let them gather dust.

#2 2009-11-11 23:30:25

Why couldn't they donate them to a local business who could then turn around to sell them as a fundraiser to keep some business enterprise afloat? Heck, someone could even put a new title on the covers and call them stories based on creative writing.......er, I mean investigative journalism....., um, I mean creative theological thoughts that come out from within when the voices should just stay inside but it gets printed and sold, I mean given away anyway.

#3 2009-11-12 04:28:59

Its the policy of libraries everywhere to sell the books that are no longer needed at book sales. The library can then use the funds for new books.

Maybe the COA needed them for paperweights?

#4 2009-11-12 08:53:56

Since Marcia knows nothing about how to run a library why would you think that she would know it is standard procedure to include these books in the book sale? She says she was put at the library and I quote “To straighten out the mess and to keep the staff "in check” What the heck does “in check” mean? Has she attended any management classes since the 70”s. Does in check mean the staff is not allowed to breathe to offer an opinion.

She says selling the books would be dishonest. Maybe she thinks every library that includes the books in a book sale is involved in some sort of embezzlement scheme. The woman is clueless.

#5 2009-11-12 09:53:47

Can anyone confirm that a member of the Council on Aging Board of Directors resigned on Monday? From my source, they had a Board meeting and the Board repeatedly asked for a financial update. When pressed, the Director said she wasn't feeling well and got up and left. Seems as though they also questioned the fund raising and whether or not it violated state ethics. Guess I wasn't so far off in my questions yesterday.  Seems as though Mr. Gaines should not be using his home phone number nor be involved in fund raising as he is a member of the BOD. Can anyone substantiate?

#6 2009-11-12 15:55:30

board members are not allowed to be involved in the day to day operation of the COA. They are an advisory board.

#7 2009-11-12 15:56:09

I can call and find out if anyone left the board. It may take a few days.

Last edited by marny (2009-11-12 15:57:26)

#8 2009-11-12 16:25:52

how could liz p get hired?

i thought it was policy to post job in newspaper take resumes for 10 days then hire?

also there was  and inhouse posting for a job at COA.. no posting in the newpaper etc.....

#9 2009-11-12 16:59:51

LIZ what are talking about. Liz P was working through citizens for citizens a federal program that pays her the town doesn't pay her. Did you hear the town hired her?

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com