#1 2009-11-11 16:56:10

I have been asked by the people who have signed this statement to post it on this blog. A copy of this statement has also been sent to the Standard Times and the Wareham Courier.

Recent unsubstantiated claims made against the Wareham Free Library’s former director and groups associated with the Library are baseless, without fact and do great damage to a valued institution in our town – our public library.

We can say with 100 percent certainty that all fundraising on behalf of the library has and will continue to meet the very stringent regulations that govern non-profit charities.  Furthermore, the former director devoted a lifetime to building outstanding library service and making other contributions to our town.

All of the groups associated with the Wareham Free Library have had their financial records examined much more thoroughly than most non-profits over the past several years.  It is un-imaginable that the offices of the Massachusetts Secretary of State and Attorney General, the Internal Revenue Service, at least 10 attorneys and a federal judge could have missed allegations as widespread and sweeping as those that have been recently published.

Many in our groups have also been deposed and testified under oath.

The bottom line in all of this:  we have been found to have done NOTHING wrong, and have been praised by staff at the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners, the federal judge, and others, for all of the good work we have done for the library. 

At a time when public libraries need all of our support, we find it disturbing that baseless allegations are able to masquerade as facts in our community.  We urge the people of Wareham to reject this effort to malign the library once again and instead move forward and work together to re-build our library services.

Signed,
Priscilla Porter, Former Library Trustee
Kerry Mello, President, Wareham Library Foundation, Inc.
Kathleen Gleason, President, Friends of the Wareham Free Library, Inc.

#2 2009-11-11 17:21:47

Good for you Nora!!
You know we all support you.
You are right...you all have been put under a microscope the last few years. If anything out of the ordinary existed, the distinguished list of investigators you gave would have found something.
Maybe someone should put the troll under a microscope.
There is a lot of talent on this site, I am sure you have tried before to dig...dig deeper and currently.
Let's see what the troll is hiding.

Last edited by danoconnell (2009-11-11 17:22:45)

#3 2009-11-11 17:22:39

Thank you Nora for posting this statement. This situation must be very difficult for you and all the people who have worked so hard to support the library. Unfortunately Bobo continues to imply wrongdoing at the library. Bobo reported this on his site today  “On Friday the lock on the door of the acting library director’s office was changed. According to sources, files from the office have disappeared and at least one computer file has been erased”

Again he has information of wrong doing of an  alleged criminal act and again he has not reported it to the proper authorities. Thank goodness that alleged computer file that has been erased will still be on the hard drive. His source is also guilty for not reporting that town computers have been tampered with and that files have been taken from the office. Hmmmm I wonder who that source could be?

#4 2009-11-11 17:23:43

Nora Bicki wrote:

All of the groups associated with the Wareham Free Library have had their financial records examined much more thoroughly than most non-profits over the past several years.  It is un-imaginable that the offices of the Massachusetts Secretary of State and Attorney General, the Internal Revenue Service, at least 10 attorneys and a federal judge could have missed allegations as widespread and sweeping as those that have been recently published.

This is a good point.  The "authorities" have already reviewed all the library records and ledgers and have found nothing wrong.  One would of thought there would be a least one loose end hanging out there on a criminal enterprise of this magnitude.  Man, these power elite bastards are wicked cunning to pull the wool over so many people's eyes and have already escaped one thorough review of their alleged illicit activities.

So my question is, if all these people have already reviewed these records with a fine tooth comb, what does our BOS think they're going to get accomplished when the DA, finally "gets out of the way"?

#5 2009-11-11 17:34:35

128Commuter wrote:

what does our BOS think they're going to get accomplished when the DA, finally "gets out of the way"?

Who the bloggers are!  Or so they think...

#6 2009-11-11 17:43:39

Thank you, Nora, as well as the signatories of the statement posted above. It is essential, in my view, that anyone connected with the library attack this latest nonsense head-on.

Anyone. Tustees, friends, patrons, taxpayers. Anyone.

The old cliche says: Sometimes the best defense is a good offense. While it may not seem to be part of the nature of people who develop, support and manage a Town resource such as a library, to get down & dirty in the political mudfighting that takes place; the reality is that you may not have a choice.

This is not to encourage you to be as nasty as those who you will surely encounter. That won't work.

Then what will work? Facts. Competence. Professionalism. Persistence. All delivered non-stop, no quarter given.

In my postings on other topics, I have spoken quite clearly about the concept of campaigns, in the context of addressing political issues. This is a political issue, like it or not. Your opponent(s) have attempted to define it as such. There needs to be, in response, a campaign. A campaign that makes every taxpayer, voter, citizen & resident aware that the library is a resource, a tremendous resource for the Town. And, that all of the noise claiming otherwise, is just that: noise.

This is a battle for the heart & soul of the library. You must engage them, beat them down & conquer here. Or......

There can be no 'or'.

Last edited by notalawyer (2009-11-11 17:45:47)

#7 2009-11-11 18:19:00

Thank you Nora! That statement speaks volumes about the integrity and character of the members of the WFL.

The library should be a place of knowledge, not a battleground for bitter feuds.

#8 2009-11-11 21:04:09

Are you guys trying to tell me that I misled my good friend Bernie Madoff into lending us a Lesser Jet to get us here to a  Costa Rican safe-haven?  Talk about embarrassing !     And think about this: How will you deal with the confession I made  this morning through the American Consulate in  San Jose that everything that has crossed the lips of Robert Slager is TRUE ! ? !  "Oh my head", as the Exalted One would say.

Sandra says, "Let's go back..... I miss those wonderful November storms," .....But I'm thinking that  the BOS will not be  duped by what Is being presented as the "truth" , but will press on with  their traditional vengeance to establish the True-Truth....and that means that we must continue  to hunker down here in Costa Rica.  Don't feel too sorry for us...We have enough sun -block for another two months.....Thanks , Bob , for feeding the chickens.

#9 2009-11-12 04:42:06

I think the ST and Courier should put that on the front page.

#10 2009-11-12 06:27:01

Dick Wheeler wrote:

Sandra says, "Let's go back..... I miss those wonderful November storms," .....But I'm thinking that  the BOS will not be  duped by what Is being presented as the "truth" , but will press on with  their traditional vengeance to establish the True-Truth....and that means that we must continue  to hunker down here in Costa Rica.  Don't feel too sorry for us...We have enough sun -block for another two months.....Thanks , Bob , for feeding the chickens.

Uhm...about those chickens...it appeared early this AM that a few local coyotes had an early Thanks Giving feast leaving just a few to flock.
Don't bother sending feed.  I now have enough to last before your sun
block runs out.  See you in the spring...
Give my best to "Needles".

#11 2009-11-12 09:48:41

Just stopped by to let you know that Slager plagiarized entire paragraphs about the crooked rabbi story without attributing them to the source, an FBI press release here: http://losangeles.fbi.gov/dojpressrel/p … 80309a.htm.

Last edited by urneighbor (2009-11-12 09:49:16)

#12 2009-11-12 10:53:18

bbrady wrote:

Dick Wheeler wrote:

Uhm...about those chickens...it appeared early this AM that a few local coyotes had an early Thanks Giving feast leaving just a few to flock.
Don't bother sending feed.  I now have enough to last before your sun
block runs out.  See you in the spring...
Give my best to "Needles".

"needles" the same needles from chicago??

#13 2009-11-12 11:20:52

You know Needles ?  You don't want to mess with Needles!
Keep that under wraps for now.

#14 2009-11-12 11:29:09

bbrady wrote:

You know Needles ?  You don't want to mess with Needles!
Keep that under wraps for now.

i have heard of "needles" thru dark back alleys and the hooch runners from the mountains of tn talk quietly of "needles" from the windy city..

#15 2009-11-12 12:20:36

I have been reading all about this alleged incident both here and the Courier site. I say alleged because I am having a real hard time believing it is plausible. This allegation is hard to believe for the obvious reason that Bobo is at the center of it. We all know Bobo has a very hard time distinguishing between fact and fiction. Fiction has been proven to be his forte. Having said that though lets go a little further. From the Mythbusters perspective:

I think $3 million is a lot of money. I am very sure we all think $3 million is a lot of money. So I have tried to break it down into bite size pieces. I think this is the best way to test the likelihood that this has the potential to be "life changing" potential to use Bobo's words. So $3  million over ten years (1995-2005) is $300,000 per year. Still a lot of money. Now if the amount allegedly "laundered" is the $300,000 per year and it was allegedly "laundered" by 123 people, that means that each person would have to contribute $2,439 each and every year to this alleged scheme. It has also been alleged by Bobo's secret source that there are six accounts where the deposits were made. Now we have six alleged contributions to six alleged different accounts which means each of the 123 contributors had to make six contributions of $407 each and every year for ten years. This is 738 transactions each and every year for ten years for a total of 7,380 transactions.

If you follow Bobo's logic the kick back was allegedly made in the amount of half the contribution. That means the alleged kickback is $1,220 to each of the 123 alleged participants. This would probably be done in six amounts of $203 each and every year for ten years. Now some people might think that $1,220 is a lot of money, but in perspective it is only one month's rent at the selectmen's proposed elderly housing residential complex known as Westfield.

Now let's look at those who allegedly participated: "included current and former town employees, current and former members of town boards, members of the media, Wareham police officers, school officials and employees and prominent members of the community". I would certainly hope that those individuals who served in the above mentioned positions during the alleged time-frame, would not risk jail time and significant fines all for what amounts to a month's rent at Westfield.

I would think we would all agree that this current Myth of Bobo's has to be BUSTED!

#16 2009-11-12 12:39:18

RU,
Thanks for the breakdown.
I posted this on another thread, but this is my take on the entire nonsense

So, we have moved past the presentation of facts and assumed the word of a egotistical reporter and his mysterious informant are reason enough to spend this money for a "forensic" audit? Yes, that is the buzz word being thrown around by at least two supporters of an egomaniac.

I have to confess, in order for me to even start believing something, it needs to make sense. Not the just the information, but the BIG PICTURE. The question that continues to roam around my simple brain is WHY?
Why would a seasoned reporter sit on this information for years?
Why would you publish your accusations in a local tabloid and then feign fear for your life?
Why would you not go quietly to the authorties with all your information? They could certainly protect your anonymty while conducting an investigation?
Why would you wait until the one person who could refute your accusation is deceased? (God rest her soul)
Why would you appoint a former library trustee (also Chairman) without a question of their involvement?

Foks, the simple explanation is this man KNOWS it's a lie and is just trying to sell newspapers. He fears for his life because he wants people to pity him (and maybe buy a paper or two). He is hoping his followers will sound the charge while he quietly sneaks out of town for good (and sells some papers in the process).

I'm digusted and sickened by this.

#17 2009-11-12 12:55:14

Larry, I have no answers to your questions. I do believe they are right on and without logical answers there is really nothing but a Bobo allegation. On the issue of the "forensic" audit, if I understand this correctly, we will have a tax cheat, a convicted felon, an alcoholic and a vindictive puppeteer conduct an audit of alleged financial wrongdoing,the results of which we are supposed to beleive as the truth. I find this option a little hard to swallow.

#18 2009-11-12 13:08:35

More to the point, we have a town on the edge of collapse and if they consider spending an extreme amount for a forensic audit, based on the words of a known library hater, then we have already found the corruption we were looking for.

#19 2009-11-12 13:15:43

Great breakdown RU...

#20 2009-11-12 15:10:36

WHEN YOU TALK ABOUT 300,000 DOLLARS A YEAR YOUR TALKING APPROX THE SAME AMOUNT OF THE ENTIRE LIBRARY BUDGET FOR THE YEAR. THIS TYPE OF SCHEME WOULD NOT EVEN BE POSSIBLE WITH THE FIGURES PRESENTED.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com