#1 2009-11-11 11:14:59

Hey everybody, quick heads-up.  I was just reading an article on wickedlocal.com, and it wasn't properly loading the comments section.  Being the geek that I am, I looked at the HTML source code of the page, specifically around the comments section.  There is some code in there that is apparently used to filter out profanity in comments.  Unfortunately, the way they do it, that profanity gets loaded by your computer (but not displayed) every time you load the page.  This means that if your employer is like many employers who reserve the right to watch your internet traffic, they could see the following words going to your computer, which might be problematic for you:

var profanity_filter = 'f**k,s**t,a**,c***,p***y,n****r,n***a,f****t,c***,c********r';

To see the full versions, you can view the source of any of the news articles there, and just search the page for "profanity".  Again, these words won't get displayed on your screen, but any network administrators who are reviewing network traffic, or, specifically, employee web browsing, would see that going to your computer.

#2 2009-11-11 11:21:14

acasualobserver wrote:

'f**k,s**t,a**,c***,p***y,n****r,n***a,f****t,c***,c********r';

Thanks Cas, someone needs to wash your mouth out with soap!!!

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

#3 2009-11-11 11:23:13

Those are sentence enhancers! At least that is what my wife told me!

#4 2009-11-11 11:53:15

acasualobserver wrote:

I looked at the HTML source code of the page, specifically around the comments section.  There is some code in there that is apparently used to filter out profanity in comments.

Profanity or any words or phrases they may deem offensive. I built the same function into this site and never use it. Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke.

#5 2009-11-11 11:55:14

Another reason to love you BillW!

#6 2009-11-11 20:33:47

billw wrote:

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke.

Rated R for language

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

Last edited by PShooter (2009-11-12 01:19:20)

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com