#1 2009-11-08 09:49:35

Okay, folks. We need to get very serious about finding candidates for April. I think Molly, Notalawyer, Larry, Casual Observer and several others have awesome potential. Seriously, we need to identify who will be willing to run. Please get in touch with Dan or Bob Brady, as they seem to have a handle on your identities and will keep confidences. But we need to start being very serious.
I was at a restaurant last night and the owner and I had a conversation about Town Meeting. He happened to relay to me that when he was entering the hall, Bruce Savageau came up behind him to pick up literature off the table, said hello, and said, "Don't forget the election in April". Bruce may not be out of the picture, as we all seem to think. He may actually run again.   John Cronin is asking his friends what they think.....should he run again.
We need to find six very electable candidates. Moderator, Clerk, four Selectmen.

#2 2009-11-08 10:50:36

Steve Holmes!! without a doubt will be an excellent candidate!  I know he has addressed some issues here and he has already proven to be a benefit to our town and families in need with food & coat drives, not to mention stepping up to the plate to help the family that had been affected by a local house fire.   
He went to bat when concerns were raised as to the legality of crimewatch writing tickets, the BOS attempted to make him look like a fool and come to find out Mr. Holmes was 110% on target with his concerns.  I have spoken with Mr. Holmes a few times and he is top notch, sincere, listens to the issues and offers logical input in return, (Please watch MWF video on PShooters links when the moderator of Move Wareham Forward tried to stop him from speaking). 
I know most of you know and I hope support him, I just wanted to put it out there again.

Finally, in my opinion, I voted for her once and I would not hesitate to do it again, she has all the same great qualities as Mr. Holmes, she's smart, knows the issues, uses "commonsense" (this word should be copywrited by us),  and as stated above LISTENS TO PEOPLE!  That would be the one, the only, Cara Winslow!  TADA!

#3 2009-11-08 12:58:36

wareham pride wrote:

Steve Holmes!! without a doubt will be an excellent candidate!  I know he has addressed some issues here and he has already proven to be a benefit to our town and families in need with food & coat drives, not to mention stepping up to the plate to help the family that had been affected by a local house fire.   
He went to bat when concerns were raised as to the legality of crimewatch writing tickets, the BOS attempted to make him look like a fool and come to find out Mr. Holmes was 110% on target with his concerns.  I have spoken with Mr. Holmes a few times and he is top notch, sincere, listens to the issues and offers logical input in return, (Please watch MWF video on PShooters links when the moderator of Move Wareham Forward tried to stop him from speaking). 
I know most of you know and I hope support him, I just wanted to put it out there again.

Stevie @ (3:30)

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com