#1 2009-11-06 06:54:55

Good morning friends. I always enjoy taking my morning look at the ST. And they did not disappoint me this morning. Take a look.

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbc … 015/TOWN14

#2 2009-11-06 07:08:32

I AGREE .,BROCTON BRENDA AND JANE DONAHUE NEED TO PUT THERE NAMES ON THE SPRING BALLOT AND ASK FOR A VOTE OF A CONFIDENCE OR NO COFIDENCE.

#3 2009-11-06 07:29:48

Sauvageau has reportedly said he may want to put two articles on the ballot: the Westfield project, which would build low-income senior housing on land taken for non-payment of taxes in 1977, and revocation of civil service status for the police chief.

#4 2009-11-06 07:45:10

Have you chosen some candidates for Selectman and Moderator yet?
Time may not seem short, but it is.When you are running for the highest elected office in Town, a year isn't enough.
Somebody hopefully will get to work.
Steve Holmes is the only candidate I know of that is qualified and capable of winning.
Where are the rest of them?
Don't underestimate the other side..they are working hard and they plan on destroying this site and the influence it has on the people of Wareham.
Cockiness and complacency are your enemies.

#5 2009-11-06 09:30:15

To make matters worse, the civil service question goes directly to the balance of power between this power-hungry Board of Selectmen and other town officials.

If the chief loses civil service protection, he becomes one more person beholden to a Board of Selectmen that has stumbled from one problem to the next in recent years. While some towns might want a chief to be less encumbered by union politics, this is certainly not the time for Wareham to place such trust in the selectmen.

I couldn't agree more.  "De Facto Chief Brucey" is a concept scarier than every Hollywood horror movie ever made all rolled into one.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com