#1 2009-11-03 16:54:18

As some of you may know there was a tragic fire in East Wareham. The Sullivan family lost their home and their pets. 

On Saturday, November 7th, 6pm at Stevie B's in Onset, they will be holding a benefit for the Sullivan family.

There will be raffles, food and dancing. music provided by DJ Scott. Cash / Check Donations will be accepted at the door.

I am expecting a call shortly from the organizer to get more info. I will update as more information about the benefit and how you can help comes in.

I am sure the family will appreciate your prayers and support through this difficult time.

Steve

#2 2009-11-03 18:49:34

Hopefully the Red Cross was notified by the Incident Commander at the scene of the emergency.  As Red Cross disaster relief volunteers (we live a couple of towns west of Wareham), I know that my wife and I have often been called out in the early morning hours so that families will receive immediate assistance in an emergency like this, such as at least one night lodging with food allowance (based on family size and age of children) plus possible clothing allowance if needs justified.  Also, Red Cross caseworkers will continue to support the impacted family by providing referrals to other social agencies that may be available to support the family in their time of need.

For longer term relief, community efforts such as you described are extremely helpfull.

#3 2009-11-03 18:51:16

Steve, I possibly have a connection at JUSTICE a girls clothing store at wareham crossing. I think the employees have to donate out of pocket! Maybe some of us could go in and get a few gift certificates or call Justice Corporate and ask them to help out!!!! If anyone wants to email me I will explain the connection and possibly can get a 40% discount on the cost of gift certificates.
Also I will call them in the am and see what help they can give this family!
I believe they have a 14 yr old girl and 12 yr old boy.
They are in my prayers.

#4 2009-11-03 22:14:06

Does anyone know these people, or how to contact them? Maybe they can let someone know what they need, and aren't going to get elsewhere?

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

#5 2009-11-04 14:25:22

Spoke with Scott the organizer.

They are looking for new items to raffle, gifts certificates, and cash.

If you wish you are welcome to bring a dessert. Because of the location  it will be 21 and up.
They are going to plan a second event where children are welcome.

If you have something and can't make the event, you can call me at 508-536-5612 or email me at steveholmes1@verizon.net and I will pick it up.

Waiting on check writing info now.

Thanks
Steve

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com