#1 2009-11-03 19:03:23

Who'll ignite tonight?

#2 2009-11-03 19:25:57

Wow!

the new library director is a TWOFER! direct the library and provide inhouse legal services for the BoS.

Who made the choice? the BoS seemed to be reading his resume for the first time, esp Cronie & Jane.

the whole selection proces both here & others seems "odd", doncha think?

#3 2009-11-03 19:29:57

I LIKED HOW SWEET BRUCEY PRAISE MARCIA GRISWOLD UP AND DOWN AND THEN WHEN SHE STOOD UP AND SAID THANK YOU SWEET BRUCEY SAID "WHO IS THAT?" ITS MARICA YOU IDIOT!

JANE JUST CALLED SANGUINET "MR HARTMAN" . HELLO DOES ANYONE HAVE A BRAIN HERE?

#4 2009-11-03 19:36:33

Folks,

Just scraping my jaw off the floor here because I am amazed at the quality of this library director candidate.  A lawyer, librarian, education at Columbia...I guess once every three or four years the selectmen make a good decision.

(Though as others pointed out, it did look like they were reading his resume for the first time tonight, maybe had they looked more, they wouldn't have hired someone with these qualifications).

I wish the new library director good luck and based on this interview, he appears to be someone that will reach out to all citizens. 

Someone this qualified, and given this selectmen's track record of ousting qualified people, I'd say the new director should keep his resume handy because the second he disagrees with the selectmen, they'll send him packing.

But for now, I think this looks like a good choice.

#5 2009-11-03 19:38:39

Hey, by the way, anyone catch that glimpse of Bobo?  Jesus Christ, Bobo, you're hitting the hair dye a little hard aren't you?  I know we keep making fun of you and your aging 100 years in 1 year and your gray hair but Holy Shit, you completely went the other way didn't you?  Now your head looks like it is jet black!

Seriously, Bobo, find a happy medium with that hideous head of yours.  Not old man gray, but don't hit the hair dye so hard that your hair is darker than the dark side of the moon either.  Bagel biting dumbass.

#6 2009-11-03 19:42:04

Seriously, Bobo, you hit the hair dye so hard you look like you're wearing a left over Count Dracula wig from Halloween.

#7 2009-11-03 19:43:05

"Bleah!  I vant to suck your cream cheese!  Bleah!!"

#8 2009-11-03 19:44:01

Holy shit, they can't agree on a TA candidate...

#9 2009-11-03 19:47:09

Because it sounds like the BOS had nothng to do with him being hired!  Take note of the quality when they are not involved. Did I hear another Jesus? Its ok it happens..

#10 2009-11-03 19:49:33

Ham
More Exec sessions
exec session at 6:30, continued until after the open meeting

Down to two?  in public sessions?

Once again, totally out of sync with the open meeting law.

No vote in an open meeting, contrast with Plymouth & others.

Gotta go, pizza is here.....

#11 2009-11-03 20:05:39

Pizza was great

Remember, the agenda, posted IN ADVANCE, said that there would be an announcement regarding the TA situation.

Well, when did they know? What did they know?

Or, when did the ILLEGAL meeting take place, which is where it became apparent that there was no agreement among Bruce & the Gang of Four. Remember, phone calls & e-mails CAN constitute illegal meetings, if done improperly.

#12 2009-11-03 20:24:20

Don't get me wrong.  I do have big problems with how they picked the new library director.  They never invited any of the library supporters, Friends of the Library, library staff, volunteers, anyone involved with the library to sit on the search committee.  They went to Plymouth for a librarian to sit on the search committee and gave the cold shoulder to Wareham's library community.

I think it was a violation of open meeting law to make the hiring decision in private.  It should have been made in public, and I think it would have been good to hear who and what backgrounds the other candidates had so the public would be fully informed. 

It was a poor showing by this board of selectmen that they openly admit not even seeing his resume until tonight, that they really aren't doing their homework or putting much work into their jobs.  In other words, they don't really care.  (And I do think the fact that they paid little attention actually resulted in someone qualified being hired.  Otherwise, they usually try their best to hire the least qualified person because that is usually someone they can control).

Brucey and Brenda were both sure to work in their digs at the library. 

Brenda gave me a good laugh when she hit the former trustees for not applying.  COME ON!  Are you kidding me?  Like this board of selectmen would appoint the former trustees to be trustees again?

As for the candidate, he seems intelligent, well spoken, and qualified.  But hey, if you think of the mathematic odds of it, the selectmen have made 10 million horrible, godawful decisions, so odds are eventually they'd make one good one.

Just remember John McAulliffe.  The second the new director crosses them (and I mean even in the slightest way), they'll toss him out the door like there's no tommorrow. 

I just hope that he will be strong enough that he will resist the great pressure they will no doubt put on him to destroy the library.  And there's no doubt in my mind that the BOS will be pressuring him to do that.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-11-03 20:25:51)

#13 2009-11-03 20:27:38

MA Open Meeting Law

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

#14 2009-11-03 20:32:58

And Bobo, Jesus I still can't get over your freaky folicles.  Bobo, what you need is "Just for Men: A Touch of Gray."  Have you seen the commercials for that?  You don't want the one extreme of looking like you have the hair of a 100 year old, but you don't want the other extreme of having unnatural jet-black Frankie Avalon helmet hair either.  You need a happy medium Bobo.  You can't go from snow gray to jet black overnight.  You need believable hair Bobo.

Poor Bobo, he can't do anything right.

#15 2009-11-03 21:03:19

Messing with land in Wareham (whether it's your's or not) is NOT allowed in Sweet Brucey's town..He has aspirations to be a land developer or lawyer it seems..
Multifaceted..we are soo fortunate.

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

#16 2009-11-03 21:08:28

They're probably giving them (land "conservationist's") grief because the "ugly people with black hearts" supported "their Article" at TM.
They're consistent.

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

Last edited by PShooter (2009-11-03 21:12:38)

#17 2009-11-03 21:19:17

I was there until 8:30. Just a couple of interesting things to share. When I first got there, a gooid friend's father was standing outside next to Robert Slager. I value this man's opinion and consider him a very active and involved citizen. I said hi, and he LIT into the Selectmen. Whew..he was hot...Slager just stood there and listened, but he would be wise to respect this man's opinion.

The Sheriff served the Selectmen right before the meeting. They were not happy. They mentioned that an employee was terminated for running his own business on town's time. Uhoh....if it's who I think it is, that will come back to bite them :)

The new library director looks like he knows what he is doing and from the conversation with the Selectmen, it seems like a good hire....

Enough from me....carry on!

#18 2009-11-03 21:53:15

Blah blah blah, cut to the chase, a relative of one of the former library trustees would be moving into the house and you bastards have no problem extending your never-ending vendettas even to relatives of people you hate because they disagreed with you.

Town meeting voted for it.  Cut the bullshit.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-11-03 21:53:47)

#19 2009-11-03 22:00:26

Come on Clowns, town meeting voted for it, what kind of dumbasses are you people that you're going to fight with Habitat for Humanity?

#20 2009-11-03 22:12:09

another example proving they do not respect the voters wishes..

did you catch janes bit about the westfield deed??

#21 2009-11-03 22:26:15

After watching this fiasco, in particular the comments at the end by the B & B team, let me be the first to issue an official:

Bah! Humbug!

Hours & hours of Town meeting, and the two Bozos come up with two comments regarding the Brandy Hill Apts, and westfield as meeting the  requirements for B & B condemnation?

Brenda - do you not think that calling the voters " assholes" is worthy of an apology?

Brucie - is it appropriate in your oh-so-little mind to characterize the voters who ate your lunch as "ugly, with black hearts"? No apology, don't you know "who I am?"

and Brucie, was that a feeble attempt at pretending to throw your butt-kissing BoBo under the bus regarding the articles on the April Ballot? Please tell us what the quid pro quo is for that one.

and Brucie - did I hear you correctly that the flooding problem in the mobile home park in Onset has been discussed in EXECUTIVE SESSION? Why, pray tell? What could possibly be the reason for such a discussion in ES? the always popular litigation ploy? Tell us O self-defined great one, at what point does Town-related business get discussed in front of, ya know, the TOWN?

And once again, an ES PRIOR to the posted meeting, precluding the required vote at an open meeting to go into ES; and no mention of an ES on the posted agenda. What is needed is a week in, week out series of complaints to the Plymouth County DA. You know, that squeaky wheel thing.

Let's see: April 6, 2009 is how many weeks away?
if you guessed 22 or over, you are too HIGH!

#22 2009-11-03 22:34:45

I know..Brucey said he'll never forget the comments about Brandy Hill..EVERYONE let her know it was out of line at TM, and she acknowledged that.

What I won't ever forget is Brockton Brenda's attempt to sneak "dissolve" through...and I believe they were all "in on it" (imo)..then her behaviour afterward..her recent bouts of "emotional outbursts"...Man, just resign..She won't, if for no other reason, to spite "us"..whatever, sooner or later she's gone.

..and our Sweet Brucey's recent "acts" (and his "acts" in general)
..to coin the phrase  "April can't come fast enough"

Bill can a countdown timer be added easily?

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

#23 2009-11-03 23:04:25

Sweet Brucey, spin all you want, but the quote from the Bobo Gazette:

After learning that the Westfield senior affordable-housing project was defeated on Town Meeting floor Monday because of a political deal struck between the Take Back Wareham group and supporters of Bay Pointe residential expansion, the town will place the Westfield question on the ballot during next April’s election.
    According to Bruce Sauvageau, chairman of the Board of Selectmen, the Westfield project, as well as the question of civil service status of the police chief position, will be brought before voters during the town’s annual election as ballot questions.
    Whether the ballot questions would be binding is currently under review of Town Counsel,

Repeat, the town "will" place the question on the ballot, the rag says.  The headline saying it "will" go to ballot.

Sounds like a behind the scenes BOS decision was made, and now they're trying to spin their way out of it.

Unless Sweet Brucey is saying that Ragserver Multi-Mega Media got the facts wrong?  Oh, perish the thought!

#24 2009-11-04 07:28:04

A couple of observations--Bruce gave the land trust people a really hard time. The land was donated for PRESERVATION not so the town's people can have full access. These people DONATED 9 acres and will allow the public access to it four times a year. That is very generous and means we will have a new pocket of open and preserved space and will encourage others around it to donate land as well. What doesn't he get?

But Sour Brucie voted against it because it is not open to the public.  WHEN WILL SWIFT'S BEACH BE OPEN TO THE PUBLIC?  That land was paid for dearly and is intended for the use of the public. It has been locked up tight ever since we got it. Talk about being a hypocrite. As long as the view of the beach from his pizza shack/domicile is unobstructed.

And I totally agree with those of you who have already commented on Bruce and Brenda being hypocrites for criticizing Nan Miller for her Brandy Hill comments when calling the people at town meeting who had the audacity to vote against their articles assholes and ugly people with black hearts. Of course, Brenda voted against reappointing Nan to that position and now she has an excuse to toss her out.

I posted on the other thread, but let me add it here--the nasty comments about the library was uncalled for. Talk about trying to bias this new director before he even starts the job. This is why the town will never heal with these jokers sitting behind that hideous blue rag in front of the selectmen's seats.  That's what they call civility?

#25 2009-11-04 09:04:11

Molly wrote:

But Sour Brucie voted against it because it is not open to the public.  WHEN WILL SWIFT'S BEACH BE OPEN TO THE PUBLIC?  That land was paid for dearly and is intended for the use of the public. It has been locked up tight ever since we got it. Talk about being a hypocrite. As long as the view of the beach from his pizza shack/domicile is unobstructed.

And I totally agree with those of you who have already commented on Bruce and Brenda being hypocrites for criticizing Nan Miller for her Brandy Hill comments when calling the people at town meeting who had the audacity to vote against their articles assholes and ugly people with black hearts. Of course, Brenda voted against reappointing Nan to that position and now she has an excuse to toss her out.

I posted on the other thread, but let me add it here--the nasty comments about the library was uncalled for. Talk about trying to bias this new director before he even starts the job. This is why the town will never heal with these jokers sitting behind that hideous blue rag in front of the selectmen's seats.  That's what they call civility?

I can't decide who to give this to. Brenda is such a worthy recipient, but Brucey...
Oh, I can't decide..decisions...decisions...
That's it! Co-hypocrites of the year!!
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_WnoEwVVfWTM/R9AX9IOZ8oI/AAAAAAAAB0I/dEQm7nhLQsM/s320/hypocrite.jpg

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

#26 2009-11-04 09:19:03

If they wanted to make their situation worse, they accomplished that. No apologies and more nonsense about Westfield. To chastise anyone who spoke at town meeting and question their character when Brenda went off on citizens after the meeting, Bruce called anyone who voted against Westfield "ugly and black hearted" is just wrong. Is there any wonder their approval rating has fallen past zero?

#27 2009-11-04 09:29:36

I still can't get over Brenda taking a dig at the former library trustees for not applying to be trustees, as if they don't care about the library because they didn't apply...they cared about the library so much that they fought a major court battle to try to keep their positions because you illegally tried to throw them out and now you're going to tell this new guy that you would have appointed them if they had applied in this recent application process?  That's an incredible lie, Brenda, even for you.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com