#1 2009-11-03 07:01:35

I heard over the weekend that the suit brought against the town by the department heads who wanted to join a union went in favor of the department heads and the town lost.

#2 2009-11-03 07:55:36

i heard that also and they get their pay that was taken away back also.. just what i heard..

#3 2009-11-03 10:41:09

I'm sure the BOS will be good sports about it........

#4 2009-11-03 11:43:21

Rip Dinkle here.....(que the music Hamm)

This reporter has confirmed that the Labor Board ruled in favor of the Department Heads. What does that mean???? Well, it means additional expense and if the ITA (Selectmen) do not do the right thing, it will also result in MORE legal fees. Wooohoooo! Yessir, if you are counting, that is another mark in the loss column for this outstanding management team that runs this town. They have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that they are incompetent.

I, for one, want to personally thank them for:
Gutting the town of employees and services. Good thing winter is coming and Municipal Maintenance have a standing order that it has to be over 4" before they plow!
Taking out professional caring people and replacing them with cronies and under qualified replacements! Nothing says "I care" like substandard help!
Telling the voters their votes don't count! Now if they can hold their breath until they get their way!
For record legal bills. I know a little birdie who witnessed the incompetence during a recent hearing. Their lies have caught up with them!
For calling anyone who didn't vote with them UGLY and possessing a BLACK HEART! Excellent choice of words from the man who gave us so many great quotes against the Police Department!

I also have it on good authority one of our Selectmen lied under oath....who could that be Jane?

This reporter is extremely busy collecting news and fielding calls and emails from disgruntled citizens. If it were me, I would resign. No apologies will work at this point. I would just take my ball and go home. As one of the posters on this board said, "Are you listening?". Not only will you be voted out of office if you don't resign, the charges are piling up against you and you might be wearing orange suits.

Rip Dinkle.....tired of morons being in charge......Good Day!

#5 2009-11-03 11:49:31

All of them resigning would be awesome!  Let the town heal!  What a Christmas present!

#6 2009-11-03 13:26:22

Question: Is this the Bliss labor-board hearing or another case?

#7 2009-11-03 13:52:20

LT. BLISS his hearing is a seperate issue...

#8 2009-11-03 14:16:13

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/sidepic/bruceandboboaredone.png

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#9 2009-11-03 14:39:05

What a bunch of clowns.  Another black eye for Wareham courtesy of the select-clowns.

#10 2009-11-03 15:47:24

Liz:

Thanks for the clarification.  Too many lawsuits and hearings to keep track.

#11 2009-11-03 15:49:38

gogatemen wrote:

Liz:

Thanks for the clarification.  Too many lawsuits and hearings to keep track.

i agree there are 36 or 37 i believe..

#12 2009-11-03 20:53:03

But speaking of the Lt. Bliss hearing, has anyone heard the results of that one yet?

#13 2009-11-03 21:27:21

With regard to the Lt. Bliss Civil Service hearing...the town had until the last day of October to file it's final argument, in writing. The hearing officer gave the town two aspects of civil service law to address. Once the hearing officer receives the final argument from the town, he will make his decision, submit it to the full Civil Service Commission. The full Commission will have to vote on the ruling. We should be hearing something soon.

Could it be that the papers served to the BOS this evening had to do with the Bob Bliss case? If the Labor Board found the town at fault, then Bob Bliss was wrongfully terminated and he would have grounds to bring a civil case against the BOS as individuals for "wrongful termination". Speculation on my part, but I'd not be surprised that we find out that there is now a civil case against the Board. And, if the Labor Board ruled in Bob Bliss's favor, then guess what......the BOS were wrong.....and Bob Bliss will walk away with lots of money in his pocket.

Last edited by Maturevoter (2009-11-03 21:36:44)

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com