#2 2009-10-29 11:19:04

Thanks, Pee!

The Emperor's
New Clothes
https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/sidepic/jailbird.png
Working For Free

~click~

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

Last edited by billw (2009-10-30 03:51:42)

#3 2009-10-29 13:13:57

They're all working for free and are wanting their due. I think we may differ on what we feel they are "due"

I wouldn't offer a bite of my sandwich to Sweet Brucey, I might lose my hand up to my wrist. All or nothing with him. OK, let's give it to him.

NOTHING

PShooter
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

#4 2009-10-31 22:29:07

Fall Town Mtg. '09 (Night 1)

I know I post alot of vids, and some may not watch them much, but I urge you to watch Brockton Brenda make the motion to "adjourn and dissolve Town Meeting" at the end of night one. It happens at (4:00) of part 6.

If ANYONE wonders who wins witch of the year this Halloween, I think we have a winner (and whiner)
RESIGN PLEEEEEASE!!!!

PShooter
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

Last edited by PShooter (2009-10-31 22:30:17)

#5 2009-10-31 22:59:04

Why didn't the Moderator define "dissolve", when Brenda was obviously trying to "pull a quickie"...and people wanted to go home and there was confusion? An adjournment was all that we were expecting and anticipating. Other things were made clear for many topics throughout the meeting(s), but NOT this most critical motion. So, why or why not? Brenda was being "dirty", the way I see it...and the Moderator went through all his spiel about the repercussions of voting favorably or not. But, he never clarified what it "meant"...shame on him, and them..they're all complicit in my view.

Intimidation??? We've got CRC member David Smith saying he was "too scared to talk", or something at TM. He mentions his affiliation with COA in a letter to the editor in the Courier, but nothing about his CRC appointment and "aspirations" to change our form of government. Fellow CRC appointee Ed "are you a lawyer" Pacewicz made the motion for an Australian (what the hell is that) ballot because of "intimidation", which was voted down. Crazy talk.

Not everyone knows every nook and crannie of Parliamentary Procedures (I don't). It is the Moderators responsibilty, I'd say, to be aware of and make CLEAR to the "body" what's "going on" at ALL points in the meeting.
How do you think he did?

It's a little scary, the lengths...

PShooter
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

Last edited by PShooter (2009-11-01 08:34:32)

#6 2009-11-01 08:05:48

PShooter wrote:

Why didn't the Moderator define "dissolve", when Brenda was obviously trying to "pull a quickie"...and people wanted to go home and there was confusion? An adjournment was all that we were expecting and anticipating? Other things were made clear for many topics throughout the meeting(s), but NOT this most critical motion. So, why or why not? Brenda was being "dirty", the way I see it...and the Moderator went through all his spiel about the repercussions of voting favorably or not. But, he never clarified what it "meant"...shame on him, and them..they're all complicit in my view.

Not everyone knows every nook and crannie of Parliamentary Procedures (like me). It is the Moderators responsibilty, I'd say, to be aware of and make CLEAR to the "body" what's "going on" at ALL points in the meeting.
How do you think he did?

It's a little scary, the lengths...

If there was ever any doubt that Mr Moderator marches in lock step with the BOS agenda, the glaring lack of clearing up the confusion and defining what "dissolving" means proves it.  Mr Moderator knew damn well that Brockton Brenda was trying to pull a political stunt, and obviously he was willing to go along with it, hence the reason of trying to quickly get to the vote on dissolving, while clearly there was some confusion.  And obviously this agenda of the BOS is much more important than Mr Moderator's current financial situation.  If the vote to dissolve had passed, Mr Moderator would have cheated himself out of another night's pay.

I must say, attending town meeting in these current times is a much more exhilerating experience.  It's like a good drama, with many subplots taking place simultaneously.  After this quick hitting "dissolving" stunt, I can't help but sit at future town meetings and continually ask myself, what's the underlying agenda, what's not being said.  How sad that one can no longer trust the leaders of his town.

#7 2009-11-01 08:25:27

I equate town meeting to a golf gallery. Throughout the history of the PGA, they were polite and softly clapped when proper and the only sounds you heard were "ooooh and ahhhh". It was a reflection of the players. Players were polite and maintained a certain decorum. THen.....

Tiger Woods.....he of hand pumps and loud "yessss"

Then the crowd reacted....They became more vocal....they were not as reserved. Now it's a totally different crowd.

It was change. The crowd reacts to the environment. If you have a subdued environment, the crowd reacts with polite applause and hushed tones. If you have rude players, you get a rude response. It's simple cause and effect.

If we put professional effective people in the Selectmen seats, we will experience a very respectful town meeting.

#8 2009-11-01 08:38:55

Larry McDonald wrote:

If we put professional effective people in the Selectmen seats, we will experience a very respectful town meeting.

When we put professional effective people...

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

#9 2009-11-01 09:17:23

There has been much talk about the "tone" of Town Meeting..the word "contentious" has been used to describe the atmosphere..many people in this fine Town of ours have just plain had enough of the incompitence of the BOS and the arrogance of our Moderator..April can't come fast enough, the most positive steps taken for this Town will be to dump Savageau, Cronin, and Donahue!!!

#10 2009-11-01 21:18:43

A little "break down"

When Sweet Brucey made a motion for Dick Heaton (non-resident) to speak as the proponent for Article 2/Westfield. The initial Aye/Nay vote was very close, but immediately Mr. Heaton was allowed to speak. Mr. Heaton begins his presentation at (16:45) of Pt. 2 of my post (link above)..He is allowed five minutes to speak (like all proponents of all Articles), at (24:08) a vote for extended time is taken (again very close, immediately granted by moderator). Mr. Heaton finally wraps it up @ (26:05), a total of nine minutes and twenty seconds. A little later the Moderator grants Mr. Heaton another chance to "act as proponent" (I didn't "break down" that one yet)...The moderator said he was allowing Mr. Heaton to use "the remainder of his time" (????) When, the "ugly people with black hearts" dared question such an action, we were scolded like school children, and Mr. Moderator sternly handed the Mic over to Mr. Heaton...and Mr. Heaton took every opportunity to answer every question he could, and elaborated at will (Total time ???)

..ok, edited to add this..the "remaining time" the Moderator granted Mr. Heaton was apparently, the (1:35) that was left on the clock when Mr. Heaton "wrapped up" his extended three minutes (even though he had already spoken for (9:20). In part 3 @ (31:00) Mr. Heaton resumes his "given time". He then spoke for another (2:23) for a grand total of ELEVEN MINUTES AND FORTY THREE SECONDS..he was supposed to get eight, tops!!! No such courtesy was given to this extent to opposition, and it wasn't just this Article (IMO)

...That's how it was folks, check the tape...Still went bad for them, so they changed the rules...it's a pattern.

Oh yeah, at the point when "time" is called out (about a minute before the Moderator finally takes a vote for extended time), one "gentleman" in apparent support of Article 2 screams, "Shut up and let him talk?" (over and over several times, remember him?) You should he was quite "intimidating"...I was going to say something, but after hearing him I was too "intimidated" so I sat with my tail between my legs for the remainder of the night, and that's his fault, so TM doesn't count. ; )

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

Last edited by PShooter (2009-11-01 22:32:59)

#11 2009-11-02 07:15:51

Interesting breakdown. I was sitting in the section behind the COA contingent and I heard some vocal outbursts from them too. Also, the people directly in front of me voted FOR Westfield and this one guy and the woman beside him were pretty loud hooting and hollering during the meeting.

How is it that the blame for the rowdy behavior is all being put on those opposed to Westfield? The so-called Take Back Wareham Group? I thought that much like the Move Forward Wareham group---there IS not group. How come they can have NO Group, but the people on this blog, can't have NO GROUP? Not fair. Oh that's right, I live in Wareham. Fair and Balanced? Not in my life time.

The example above has convinced me that I will vote for the candidate who opposes John Donahue for town moderator in April. The reason the last few meetings have been chaotic is because we have a moderator who is afraid to do the right thing for fear he will have to sleep on the couch. Of course, that would just be my opinion. But can you imagine the fireworks at chez Donahue when things don't go the bos way? Ouch.

#12 2009-11-02 16:36:19

GWB

It also may be important to point out the first act of incivility/Rudness from the audience could be placed at the feet of the BOS support crowd when they broke into appluse for the defeat of Bob Brady's lottery motion.

#13 2009-11-02 16:52:41

GWB wrote:

It also may be important to point out the first act of incivility/Rudness from the audience could be placed at the feet of the BOS support crowd when they broke into appluse for the defeat of Bob Brady's lottery motion.

Your right GWB, the tape don't lie. Anyone who bother's to listen/watch the meeting (specifically dumb asses who missed it the first time and want to change the rules) will see exactly what happened. Any impartial person (if one exists) would see how it was. Sour grapes..that's all. Sour grapes and a bunch of (edit)heads who can't accept the results, no matter who or how many it pisses off.

Lose them, BoS, Moderator, K&P, and you could keep going. We can, and I hope we will. Together.

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com