#1 2009-10-28 15:00:45

I don't know about everyone else, but this political posturing is the last straw. Anyone else up to recall the entire BOS? I think they just thumbed their nose at the voters and citizens of Wareham for the last time.

Anyone else?

#2 2009-10-28 15:34:51

IM WITH YOUR LARRY. RECALL NOW. LETS DO IT

#3 2009-10-28 15:41:17

We Have An Obligation To At This Point.

#4 2009-10-28 15:43:00

110% support Larry!!!

#5 2009-10-28 16:28:30

The  Ogre seems to be invulnerable. Stones and arrows seem to  ricochet off his greasy, swollen, odiferous hide in this battle of the ages that has been raging for so many months..

But wait !  The Ogre seems to have lost  his mysterious ability to  resist every method  used to  try to bring him down: the stones are leaving bruises, and the arrows are  now penetrating his wretched hide, and a hideous green liquid is gushing from his wounds. He has now fallen on one knee.  It appears certain that the Ogre has finally been overpowered and outdone by the innocent people he has been terrifying with impunity for so long. The Ogre's leer has always been  his signature feature ,but the leer  he has now outdoes all the others.

He appears to be about to utter final words as he sinks lower toward the ground....Hush !...Let us listen to his final utterances....

"I am going to punish you all by putting Westfield and Civil Service on the April ballot !"

#6 2009-10-28 18:05:53

PShooter
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

#7 2009-10-28 20:52:00

Hey everyone, I replied earlier on another post or thread or whatever they're called, and like I said earlier I'm new to this site and was happy to see all the people at the TM.  We as the residents of our town we must do what we did on Monday and Tuesday night by voting on this ballot and letting the BOS, other residents, commitees or whoever is a voter to speak and speak loudly by voting as they did on those nights.  We need to get the word out as we did before the TM and futhermore we need to find a way to put an end to true back room deals going on in this town.  By voting out who they need to and voting persons in who will truly have the best interest of this town at heart.  Lastly, like I said in my other post, I'm not the best speaker, writer, speller or even grammatically correct.  But I also said this taxpayer will no longer be silent!  I'm praying that the majority will vote the way we did on those nights!

#8 2009-10-28 21:23:53

They should be asked to resign. It's less expensive.  Then if they do not, next steps can be taken immediately.

Are you fed up with being bullied, dismissed, and lied to?  I'm going to help to Take Back Wareham!  It will be my pleasure. I've had enough.

#9 2009-10-28 21:39:50

voter wrote:

They should be asked to resign. It's less expensive.  Then if they do not, next steps can be taken immediately.

Are you fed up with being bullied, dismissed, and lied to?  I'm going to help to Take Back Wareham!  It will be my pleasure. I've had enough.

I hear ya. But, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Doing what's best for the Town? Shit, they think (in their warped minds) that's what they're doing. I think it's an alternate universe type thing. I think there may have been a Twilight Zone episode about it once. Doo doo. doo doo. doo doo (probably had Burgess Meredith or Bill Shatner in it, always did)

PShooter
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

#10 2009-10-28 21:43:15

What they say if they refuse will help us take back Wareham.  I know they won't resign, but they should have their opportunity.   I hear ya, P!

#11 2009-10-28 21:43:39

Junior6402 : We want prayers in abundance, but  the Town Clerk, although a prayer herself ,is  only authorized to count votes ...and  that's why we need  thousands of people like you, who have  become energized by the fall-out  of the inept leadership of our present BOS ,to "hang in there" with us and encourage your friends to join in. Thomas Jefferson "nailed it":  "The price of democracy is eternal vigilance."   Pass your conviction on to others.....It has reached the point where  Wareham doesn't need to be just helped.....Wareham needs to be rescued !!   There are some seriously twisted (I'm understating it.)  people in  power. We allowed it to happen,and you and I and our friends are the ONLY ones who can get us back on course.

#12 2009-10-28 21:50:13

savage
sav·age   (săv'ĭj)

adj.
Not domesticated or cultivated; wild: savage beasts of the jungle.
Not civilized; barbaric: a people living in a savage state.
Ferocious; fierce: in a savage temper.
Vicious or merciless; brutal: a savage attack on a political rival. See synonyms at cruel.
Lacking polish or manners; rude.
n.
A person regarded as primitive or uncivilized.
A person regarded as brutal, fierce, or vicious.
tr.v., -aged, -ag·ing, -ag·es.
To assault ferociously.
To attack without restraint or pity: The critics savaged the new play.
[Middle English sauvage, from Old French, from Late Latin salvāticus, from Latin silvāticus, of the woods, wild, from silva, forest.]

savagely sav'age·ly adv.
savageness sav'age·ness n.

The Antonym

civ·il   (sĭv'əl)

adj.
Of, relating to, or befitting a citizen or citizens: civil duties.
Of or relating to citizens and their interrelations with one another or with the state: civil society; the civil branches of government.
Of ordinary citizens or ordinary community life as distinguished from the military or the ecclesiastical: civil authorities.
Of or in accordance with organized society; civilized.
Sufficiently observing or befitting accepted social usages; not rude: a civil reply. See synonyms at polite.
Being in accordance with or denoting legally recognized divisions of time: a civil year.
Law. Relating to the rights of private individuals and legal proceedings concerning these rights as distinguished from criminal, military, or international regulations or proceedings.

'Nuff Said...

PShooter
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

#13 2009-10-28 21:53:09

Thank you Dick. This was my first town meeting and it was something that we should never lose. 500 people showed up to voice their opinion and they were summarily dismissed by Selectmen who called the voters

those very ugly people that organized themselves (against Westfield

and

ugly people with black hearts.

It is a sad day in Wareham.

#14 2009-10-28 22:00:09

Flip the pancake Poppa Bear. They just showed their true colors more vividly than ever. How do you think all those voter's (and there were plenty of them) who don't consider themselves "associated" with a TBW "movement" at all feel? And, even if there was some "association", since when is it illegal, or whatever, to attempt to inform people about, and encourage attendance to a TM/voting assembly. It's a farce. The crap they're trying to pull should never be forgotten in Wareham. Let's make flushing them an "all time" favorite memory for all of us.

PShooter
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

Last edited by PShooter (2009-10-28 22:01:44)

#15 2009-10-28 22:03:17

I do believe they will flush themselves :)

#16 2009-10-28 22:04:32

Weren't they themselves encouraging people to attend Town meeting?
What, now they don't like it?!

PShooter; I like your definitions!

#17 2009-10-28 22:11:07

townie wrote:

Weren't they themselves encouraging people to attend Town meeting?
What, now they don't like it?!

PShooter; I like your definitions!

several times bruce called for all voters to attend town meeting because it was the purest form of democracy..

#18 2009-10-28 22:11:10

Townie,
They would be singing the praises of Town Meeting if any of "their" articles had passed.

#19 2009-10-28 22:29:27

Ok folks, Sweet Brucie is about to try to shove Westfield up your proverbial @$$. So think about this. What is in it for Brucie? He has never been known to do anything out of the kindness of his heart. Can you say Swifts Beach? Can you say Oceanside Drive? Can you say Maple Springs Road? These are things that are either for family or Brenda and Jane's political contributors. So what is Sweet Brucie's angle? He does need a job. Maybe that is it.

#20 2009-10-28 22:38:38

Nobody "owns" a Pro like Steve Urbon of the  NB S-T: He's praised us when we've "scored", and he's chided us when we've been off-side, but frankly, I can't wait to get his "read" on what's happening in Wareham.
Our situation is so bizarre  that we could find our  justifiable outrage getting national attention.

#21 2009-10-28 22:49:32

rukidding wrote:

So what is Sweet Brucie's angle? He does need a job. Maybe that is it.

I'm sticking with the "He's trying to be a martyr to the senior citizens, and intends to attempt to "assist them" in estate planning" motive. ("Win or Lose") This doesn't wait for Westfield (that's just a bonus), the plan is ongoing. In my opinion.

People, he can and has done this. You can make a pretty healthy living assisting seniors with a lifetime of savings they wish to "protect"

It doesn't say you have to be great, or even good. The commissions pay out the same.
These people who say he's never worked are WRONG. Until I see something more underhanded than that, then that is enough to suffice. Sales 101: Build and service your customer base. Throwing money into various investment vehicles for people can be done by plenty of people. If you happen to lose a customer here or there, it happens, you just try for it not to...and you're ALWAYS trying to get more.

The elderly are very loyal once you've "earned" their trust. They're ideal "customers"
IDEAL

PShooter
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

Last edited by PShooter (2009-10-28 22:52:27)

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com