#1 2009-10-17 08:36:17

BREAKING NEWS:  Cue the music, Ham!  Oh wait, I'm Ham!

Hamatron5000, Wareham's premeire investigator of Selectman chicanery, shenanigans, and all around ne'er-do-welling has uncovered with his powers of detection and deduction a tale of selectman Hypocrisy the likes of which will no doubt make you all feel vomitous!

So without further ado, grab your barf bags!

As you all may recall, Selectman Jane Donahue, admitted during an open taped televised selectmen's meeting, and was praised by selectman Sweet Brucey, for thinking of Move Wareham Backward.  She and the rest of the Hypocrite Elite, including BOS Rump Swab Bobo the Halifax Hobo, have been denying ever since that this group has anything to do with the selectmen, (even though the meeting is happening on public property, Brockton Brenda telling the group during open meeting that the selectmen "have the keys to town hall, so now our taxpayer dollars are being used to promote a BOS lovefest.)

Well, to get to the point, Selectman Janey, who Bobo says has nothing to do with the group, what did she do?  She used her official town e-mail address to send out a flier inviting all town employees to the BOS lovefest.  Yes, the woman who Bobo says has nothing to do with a group promoted the group.

BUT WAIT...THERE'S MORE!

A town employee subsequently wrote a very polite response expressing disagreement using their town email. 

ARE YOU READY FOR THE HYPOCRISY?  ARE YOU READY?!

Janey then wrote a response to the employee's response, taking said employee to task over the email system, saying she did not think the town's email system was an appropriate place to talk about such things.

WHAT?  Let's get this straight, a high and mighty BOS member like Janey can use the town email to promote the group she invented to support the selectmen, but a town employee is taken to task for disagreeing with the selectmen.

THE HYPOCRISY!  THE HYPOCRISY! 

Ham does not have these emails and only heard of this through several anonymous sources.  No doubt this employee will be raked over the coals as selectmen wrath knows no bounds!!!

This is Ham, stealing Rip Dinkle's lines, over and out!

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-10-17 08:40:04)

#2 2009-10-17 09:04:56

Ham,
Excellent factual reporting. I do have a copy. It's true, true, true.

Last edited by Maturevoter (2009-10-17 09:05:21)

#3 2009-10-17 09:54:28

Am I crazy, or aren't there laws against using taxpayer-provided resources (computers, email accounts, heck even office space and desks) for promoting political agendas?  I'm not sure where to go to research these, maybe somebody with some more knowledge of the area can help out?  This would seem to fall under some kind of campaign finance laws, no?

#4 2009-10-17 10:02:02

The exchange was basically, not the exact words obviously, but just paraphrasing here:

Janey: Come to Move Wareham Forward!

Employee: I disagree with this!

Janey:  What?  How dare you disagree using your town e-mail?! (when she had just used her town email to promote the pro-selectmen event).

#5 2009-10-17 10:03:32

Isn't this another issue for the attorney general's office?  In essence, aren't they using public funds and influence over town employees to promote a political agenda?

#6 2009-10-17 10:06:57

Ham, were all three emails in the exchange sent to all town employees?  This is crazy, but I suppose not unexpected.....

#7 2009-10-17 10:31:13

Casual...I am sending you an employee reply to the email .

#8 2009-10-17 10:42:51

Does this mean that every function or event put on in town by private groups can be announced to all the town's employees? I know you can have an announcement made at the bos meeting, but that has limited audience viewers. Getting a message out to the masses would be great PR.

Message to Bob Brady--next time you have a community meeting, be sure to have the info sent to all town employees. I'm sure Jane will be happy to help you out. LOL.

#9 2009-10-17 13:51:26

MAYBE A COMPUTER AUDIT OF JANEY'S COMPUTER SHOULD BE APPROPRIATE!

#10 2009-10-17 13:51:35

Government sponsored political rally.

Nice work Ham. Good point Cas. Hypocrite Elite strikes again.

PShooter
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

Last edited by PShooter (2009-10-17 13:51:53)

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com