#1 2009-10-06 19:11:08

And away we go..

Citizen participation..the paving of Oak Terrace.

PShooter

#2 2009-10-06 19:19:20

is it streaming and how do I get to it.

#3 2009-10-06 19:20:24

ARTICLE 6
To see if the Town will vote to accept the layouts of Agawam Lake Shore Drive, Regent
Avenue and Shaker Avenue as public ways and to raise and appropriate or transfer a
sum of money to reconstruct the roadways, or to do or act in any manner relative
thereto.
Inserted by the Board of Selectmen
guess we know .
where the new power in town lives.
or the new yessa bos

#4 2009-10-06 19:20:45

Kin, Are you local? I watch on Comcast ch. 9 TV. At least until I post it.

Live feed is working for me, too.

PShooter

Last edited by PShooter (2009-10-06 19:26:09)

#5 2009-10-06 19:26:21

no i am out of town right now.

#6 2009-10-06 19:34:12

Kin, There is a link to the right. Try this: Select Board Broadcast Live

PShooter

#7 2009-10-06 19:39:43

thank you P.

#8 2009-10-06 19:41:06

onset ma wrote:

ARTICLE 6
To see if the Town will vote to accept the layouts of Agawam Lake Shore Drive, Regent
Avenue and Shaker Avenue as public ways and to raise and appropriate or transfer a
sum of money to reconstruct the roadways, or to do or act in any manner relative
thereto.
guess we know .
or the new yessa bos

You don't have a clue what you are talking about. Please know the facts before you mouth off. Thank you

#9 2009-10-06 22:01:05

Did anyone hear sanguinet say early on that the change in the budget was to add $24,000 for Westfield to the administrator's budget? It went by so fast, I'm not sure. It was when Cronan asked what the changes in article 1-the budget were. I thought the others didn't want to hear the changes but Cronan said he did.  I guess we can verify when PShooter gets the video up.  Would this mean that they are paying Heaton's bill from our taxpayer dollars? Instead of having the trustees of the housing trust consider the bill? I may be totally wrong on this one.

Brenda just said they need to go into executive session for guess what? LITIGATION.

Will it never end?

#10 2009-10-06 22:07:12

Molly wrote:

Did anyone hear sanguinet say early on that the change in the budget was to add $24,000 for Westfield to the administrator's budget? It went by so fast, I'm not sure. It was when Cronan asked what the changes in article 1-the budget were. I thought the others didn't want to hear the changes but Cronan said he did.  I guess we can verify when PShooter gets the video up.  Would this mean that they are paying Heaton's bill from our taxpayer dollars? Instead of having the trustees of the housing trust consider the bill? I may be totally wrong on this one.

Brenda just said they need to go into executive session for guess what? LITIGATION.

Will it never end?

Watch for the replay, hopefully by tomorrow. I think there's alot that "goes by too fast"

p.s. Shut up, Jane!

PShooter
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

#11 2009-10-06 22:33:15

I heard the quick statement about the Heaton bill on article one. :) Well at least we know how they plan to get around using trust money :)

#12 2009-10-06 22:36:54

I'm having a hard time believing that they didn't know of the Monday meeting in Town Hall.  Sanginet was there with  "the new accountant".   Can you possibly imagine that, :"Yessir,Yessir Man" would not have informed the BOS that such a meeting was to be held? ....And that if they had wanted to face the music  that they would have fought their way into the meeting room...uninvited?

No mention, either, of the Saturday meeting. Are we to believe that they met to place  friendly bets on the Vikings/Packers game?

#13 2009-10-06 22:53:30

I was wondering myself about the Saturday meeting. If they didn't know it was coming what were they doing? Did they ever announce their emergency meeting as required?

Also, if I heard his mumbling correctly,Cronan actually said he didn't read the demo delay article. So he abstained. It's not like the article is the length of War and Peace. How long would it have taken? Seems irresponsible.

Lots of love tonight between Heaton and the bos. I wonder why he was so upset last week and why Cronan left after the exec. session without going to the bos meeting. Interesting dynamics.

#14 2009-10-06 23:04:51

Molly wrote:

Also, if I heard his mumbling correctly,Cronan actually said he didn't read the demo delay article. So he abstained. It's not like the article is the length of War and Peace. How long would it have taken? Seems irresponsible.

Shit, he could have watched the animation in about five minutes.
Shameless Plug

PShooter
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#15 2009-10-06 23:14:43

Molly wrote:

Lots of love tonight between Heaton and the bos. I wonder why he was so upset last week and why Cronan left after the exec. session without going to the bos meeting. Interesting dynamics.

Because article one gets him paid :) I wonder if anyone watching actually realizes the Westfield article is about changing the deed restrictions and conveying the land to the Selectmen? I didn't hear anything about that, just affordable housing.

#16 2009-10-06 23:49:25

DW,
I agree with you.
I saw a letter to the ITA dated September 24th from the Supt. of Schools
insisting that a joint meeting be held before Oct. 2nd.  The purpose was to "prepare a joint press release".  The ITA was further informed that a meeting would be schedule for the 5th.  So nearly TWO weeks expired and the BOS members stated that they knew nothing about it.
There was no response by the ITA and according to the dialogue tonight he didn't feel it was important enough to advise the BOS of the issue OR they were all playing DUMB as to the meeting held yesterday afternoon.
So which is it ???

#17 2009-10-06 23:52:10

Molly: The bad news is that our John Cronan is "not a reader",but the good news is that he doesn't try to cover that fact up. 

The word on the street is that when he finally had his day in court in the two year long WFL litigation, he openly stated that he had  read none of the complaints.  That's sad, but at least he didn't try to fake it.

I have to admit that it's hard to reconcile this observation with the BOS  WFL  "Ambush Meeting" two years ago when, with a raised fist, he shouted, "Shut 'em down!"  My hunch is that, although he was totally uninformed, he was just trying to be a good team player.

Perhaps what we saw tonight is an indication of an independent spirit.....but the teacher in me screams out," John, do your homework!"

#18 2009-10-06 23:52:53

onset ma wrote:

ARTICLE 6
thereto.
guess we know .
or the new yessa bos

these roads were accepted in 1999..paperwork was to be filed within 120days it was NOT so it has to go before town meeting again... chapter 90 funding and grants are paying for the paving NOT the towns budget..

#19 2009-10-07 00:10:46

the bos(brenda) say they got the info last tues after the meeting and hadnt met as a BOARD to discuss this.. they met sat at the multi service center..

#20 2009-10-07 00:10:50

LIZdaGNOME wrote:

ARTICLE 6
thereto.

these roads were accepted in 1999..paperwork was to be filed within 120days it was NOT so it has to go before town meeting again... chapter 90 funding and grants are paying for the paving NOT the towns budget

Liz, Thanks for clearing that up. I am AYE, on Article 6.
PShooter
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

#21 2009-10-07 00:39:58

bbrady wrote:

DW,
I agree with you.
I saw a letter to the ITA dated September 24th from the Supt. of Schools
insisting that a joint meeting be held before Oct. 2nd.  The purpose was to "prepare a joint press release".  The ITA was further informed that a meeting would be schedule for the 5th.  So nearly TWO weeks expired and the BOS members stated that they knew nothing about it.
There was no response by the ITA and according to the dialogue tonight he didn't feel it was important enough to advise the BOS of the issue OR they were all playing DUMB as to the meeting held yesterday afternoon.
So which is it ???

I am so frustrated.  What part of "Wareham doesn't have any money" don't these selectmen understand.   WE HAVE NO MONEY!  I could say that they should run the town's budget as we taxpayers run ours, but since Bruce, the financial expert, obviously doesn't have a budget at home, we lose again. Oh, maybe we misread his credentials - it must be fiasco expert.  Sorry, I'm angry.

Besides the audit, the enormous legal fees & pay outs to "dismissed" employees, we spend way to much on ''studies".  Let some of the selectmen, who don't work and maybe a few volunteers do the research?  At least we would have something to start with.  Sorry, not this BOS.

I want to see open space in town, I'd like to see Tremont Nail be a showplace, I'd like to see the steps of the WPD fixed (it looks terrible), I'd like to see the inmates back in town to pull the weeds growing between the STREET and the CURB in Onset but I honestly can't see spending ANY MORE MONEY, especially if we don't have it.  Especially if Peter is being robbed to pay Paul.  Especially if we have this insurance issue in front of us.  We, the taxpayers of Wareham are up to our necks in this bull.

Every selectmen's meeting should be open for discussion.  There was NEVER a "time" for citizens to speak.  What ever was in front of the selectmen was open to the people.  How else would they know the majority of the taxpayer's feelings about what was on the table. What ever was being discussed could be questioned at that very moment.  This way, at least we knew weekly where our tax dollars were being spent.  And, sometimes it got a little heated, but you know what?  We knew what was happening and there was no running to executive session.  There are too many secrets in town hall.  Too many lies.

Last edited by bornofwareham (2009-10-07 00:44:20)

#22 2009-10-07 09:15:38

When you peel away all the politics, what do we have?  Essentially, we have Selectmen who are not serving the will of the people. We have articles coming up at town meeting that have truly not been explained (article 2) and whisked over (article 1) as to avoid explaining the real reason.  When the Chairman of the Selectmen starts talking about people politicizing the process you can bet he is doing just that. Frankly, I'm just sick of the whole dog and pony show. We need competent leadership that brings in professional management to guide this town.

#23 2009-10-07 09:41:40

If your interested, Parts 1 & 2 (first 45 minutes) of this meeting are ready to go.

http://takebackwareham86bos.blogspot.co … 00609.html

PShooter
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com