#1 2009-09-29 11:19:16

Bobo's muttering some crap in his latest column about how he had a three year plan all along to get rid of the vile power elite and put the tax cheat er I mean the good Brucey and his lackies in power.  Says he doesn't know how much longer he can keep putting out the paper, but it doesn't matter because he only planned to do it for three years all along.

Probably not time to throw a party, but maybe we can start planning it?  Someone call Bob Kraft and see if we can rent Gillette Stadium.  I'll start booking some buses to Foxboro and work on getting it televised on pay per view.

#2 2009-09-29 13:02:27

How about a clambake/bonfire blowout at Swifts Beach, instead?

#3 2009-09-29 13:03:11

I JUST READ HIS LATEST COLUMN ABOUT YOUR CAMPING TRIP, I THOUGHT YOU WERE A NEWSPAPER MAN AND NOT WRITING A TRAVEL LOG.   LAST WEEK YOU TALKED ABOUT SUEACIDE, THEN YOU TALK  FROM  THE MOUTH OF YOUR ALTER PESONALIY  PAUL SHOOTER THEN YOU TALK ABOUT YOUR CAMPING TRIP , SHUT THE F CK UP YOU CRAZY BASTARD YOU NEED TO SEE A HEAD  SHRINK AND FAST,  YOU MIGHT AS WELL AS CLOSE UP SHOP  I AM A POWER  A LEAT MEMBER AND I WILL NOT REST TILL YOU CLOSE UP YPUR PAPER S IT HEAD,I AND OTHERS WILL NOT REST TILL YOU CLOSE UP SHOP.

#4 2009-09-29 13:13:10

Slager is like those trick candles people put on birthday cakes....You blow and you blow but the darn things stay lighted. Until he is physically unable to type he will find a way to inject poison into our community.  Even if he became bed ridden in a final decline he  would be compelled to spew venom into a web site until he breathed his last, and then if he was cremated I'd want to see a screw top lid on his urn.

#5 2009-09-29 13:15:34

billw wrote:

i like that idea.. what a memorial day party that would be...:) honoring our loved ones and those responsible for our freedom and no more opinion observer..

#6 2009-09-29 13:15:59

SLAGER YOU ARE CRAZY AND I JUST PUT UP A CALENDER AND I WILL START CROSING OUT THE DAYS WITH A MAGIC MARKER  COUNTING THE DAYS YOU HAVE LEFT. WHO GIVES  A CRAP ABOUT YOUR CAMPING TRIP ,AND YOU WANT PEOPLE TP PAY 75 CENTS TO READ ABOUT YOUR CAMPING TRIP, THE FACT IS YOU REACT TO THIS SITE,AS SOME ONE ONCE SAID WHERS THE BEEF AND I SAY WHERE IS THE NEWS, IT SHURE AINT IN YOUR PAPER, ITS IN THE COURIER,AND THE STANDARD TIMES,AND LOOK AT ALL THERE ADDS SURE MAKES YOU JEALOUS DOESNT IT,      SHUT UP WITH YOUR WHINE ING , WANT TO BORROW MY  LIQUIT DRANO.

#7 2009-09-29 13:25:35

There are many classic Bobo quotes in that column, but here's a good one:

From the very beginning The Wareham Observer has operated under a three-year plan.

So in 2006, you planned by 2009 you wouldn't be able to pay your office rent or your printer?  Wow, that's quite the plan.

That’s how long I envisioned it would take to return the town to its rightful owners.

Did he just say the word "owners?"  He thinks he and Sweet Brucey "own" the town?  Show me a deed where Sweet Brucey is listed as "owner" of the Town of Wareham.

#8 2009-09-29 13:28:36

"That’s how long I envisioned it would take to return the town to its rightful owners."

the voters.. the citizens...not the bos or ita..

#9 2009-09-29 13:28:44

Oh, almost forgot...

"Waaahh, woe is me, I have diabetes, feel sorry for me, waaah..."

#10 2009-09-29 13:33:08

For Bobo...

xxx

Last edited by billw (2009-09-29 13:34:03)

#11 2009-09-29 13:51:49

The printer must be hounding him for payment.

#12 2009-09-29 13:54:03

Poor Bobo, this is an obvious cry for help:

I’m not sure how much longer I will keep trying to “make the newspaper” each week. The Observer will pass the three-year threshold this week. That was always the goal. And when the day comes when it’s finally time to move into the next chapter of my life I will know that despite all the efforts of “the power elite” they failed in preventing that goal. That’s the one thing they will never be able to take away from me.

OK Bobo, whatever you have to tell yourself to get through the day.  Now put on your paper hat, the next chapter of your life scrubbing toilets and serving up fries at Burger King is calling...

Lord knows a career in journalism anywhere else isn't...

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-09-29 13:58:02)

#13 2009-09-29 13:56:11

No Larry, not being able to pay the printer, splitting up with the Cat Lady, not being able to afford his office rent, having to print the Tri-Town Rag on the back of the Wareham rag, having his poet get nabbed for grand theft auto, having to beg the other old lady that worked for him to come out of retirement...that was all part off his three year plan.

#14 2009-09-29 14:20:04

If his 3 year plan was to take a bustling local newspaper and turn it into a one person show , then job well done! 

When I first came to Wareham all the power was concentrated in the hands of a small group of people who controlled town government, the police, the schools and the media. And they ruled with an iron fist, crushing anyone who challenged the status quo and their self-ascribed divine right to be the people in charge.

uhmmm ???????? Did i miss something or did he just describe the current situation in Wareham????

#15 2009-09-29 16:09:28

I noticed another similarity between Bobo Slager & Bobo Shooter.

In Bobo Slager's "camping trip/3 yr plan" piece, He starts off talking about the sweetness, the wholesome American dream nirvana he experiences with his family, and his paternal need to protect them. Then he bashes the evil "power elite". Then goes back to the serenity of his homelife.

Bobo Shooter also does this. He writes about the need to battle the "bad element" in this Town, though he finds the term "power elite", to be misused. He then goes off in another direction thats completely unrelated, like his opinions on movies & Hollywood, only to return to the need to fight the "bad seeds".

Not sure of the day you fell in love with town, Bobo? Well I am. It was the day I bought my house, paid my taxes, and voted. Or walked the beaches, met the people, went to the fireworks.

Your concern for this Town pales in comparison to the actual citizens of Wareham. The damage the "power elite hate bloggers" have done pales in comparison to that which you have done.

The sympathy card is played out for you & Sweet Brucey. Learn a new tune.

PShooter

#16 2009-09-29 16:35:07

pshooter you have left me singing....WHERE IS THE LOVE...

#17 2009-09-29 17:19:22

TRANSLATION OF THE "THREE YEAR PLAN": Mrs. Bobo told Bobo, "turn a profit in three years or get a damn job you bagel biting bastard!"

#18 2009-09-29 17:22:41

I was also scratching my head at the comparison of his family time and blending the "power elite" into it.  The quote I was
wondering about was,

" There are people in this town who truly believe things such as clean water, dignified housing for the elderly and mature and responsible debate really do matter." 

First what dummy does not want clean water?  I dont even have to go any further than that.    Second, I drove through the areas Mr. Brady was talking about with the current elderly housing and there seems to be some small progress minor repairs / cosmetics etc. but for the most part they do need some real attention.  It's not fair to the seniors that we currently assist if we cant provide them with better living conditions then dump a bunch of money into new places. I think it would be a very wise start to tackle what we currently have and when they can prove they can keep up with what we currently have then move on to more affordable AND SENIOR housing.  And lastly, Mature and responsible debate, does this mean the chairman of the selectmen should not yell Jesus into the mic because a citizen is questioning the actions of a town endorsed program?  Causing racial tensions between the police and the Cape Verdean community because they dont take the time to look into the whole situation? 

Mr. Slager we are not evil people, we have a different view and we are very concerned by the wreckless actions of our elected officials and committees. 

I do hope you children feel better.

Thank you

#19 2009-09-29 17:44:42

The offer of mature and responsible debate with the people from Move Wareham Forward was met with silence on their part. Enough said about that.

#20 2009-09-29 18:04:59

You have reached your hands out in friendship.
Good for you.
Now...understand what you are up against. These people will spend any amount of money, sling any kind of mis-truths about the Town, lie, cheat and steal their way into maintaining power.
They have never run into the likes of you...and they don't like it.
Now..FIGHT!!
No mercy. No prisoners. No half-assed attempts to have these people reach back to you, because they never will.
FIGHT!!
Town Meeting is coming up.
Believe me, you are the other peoples' worst nightmare.
Keep doing what you are doing and more. Hard work will pay off this time.
Each of you know many people. E-mail them, call them, go see them. Get them ready for Town Meeting.
No excuses. Someone needs a ride, they have a ride. Someone needs a babysitter, they'll have a babysitter.
Whatever it takes.
I know you are already planning what I said here...but...as Arnold would say, "I want to PUMP YOU UP!!!"
You will win.
You will TAKE BACK WAREHAM.
I'm going to breakfast and the beach tomorrow and I will wear my t-shirt proudly and hope that some people ask me about it, so I can tell them how proud I am of each and every one of you.
You are WINNERS!!!

#21 2009-09-29 18:25:14

The impending end of the publication of the Observer also signals the end of the production of the richest mulch known to humankind :Rag Doo-Doo.

Perhaps now is the time to thank the under- the -radar  "special forces"  who  went into action after Slager began beating up on me  for beating up on him for beating up on John Wylde . ( Classic male behavior ! )

Each week, in the dark of the night, cartons of "Always Free" Observers would appear at the end of my driveway. As a good "Scot", I couldna' waste them, so I put them in one  of
my very large mulch containers ( I raise  poultry)

Anyone who knows anything about mulch will tell you that  that richest manure of all is composed of stuff that has spent a half hour or so inside a chicken. It's so rich that it can actually have a negative effect; you have to thin it down with bland stuff like lawn clippings.

What I've found about Rag Doo-Doo is that it is so off-the-chart high in  nitrogen, that I have to "water it down" with chicken doo-doo!! Think about it !  ....The Rag is Mega-Manure!

My Rag Doo-Doo is a work in progress, but I should have bags of it available in the Spring for  all of the folks who have brought Wareham into a New Beginning and who are also gardeners. Won't it be fun to watch your garden prosper next summer...all because of the high nitrogen content in the words  of The Man From Halifax.  Talk about symmetry!

#22 2009-09-29 18:33:47

Dick, I love the way you think. Reserve me a sack.

PShooter

#23 2009-09-29 18:36:51

I WILL PERSONALLY RENT A HALL FOR OUR CELEBRATION WHEN THE RAG CLOSES. THE DAY CANNOT COME SOON ENOUGH. IM SURE HE IS GOING TO SAY SINCE I HAVE ACCOMPLISHED EVERYTHING I HAVE SET OUT TO DO IN MY 3YR PLAN I DO NOT HAVE TO DO ANYTHING MORE. PS I HAVE DIABETES. HE HAS BEEN HINTING IN SEVERAL ARTICLES THAT HE IS TIRED, DIABETES, BROKE. ITS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME TILL THE CELEBRATION HAPPENS

#24 2009-09-29 18:38:52

IHATESLAGER wrote:

I WILL PERSONALLY RENT A HALL FOR OUR CELEBRATION WHEN THE RAG CLOSES.

I'm gonna hold you to that IHS.

PShooter

#25 2009-09-29 18:58:13

Hey IHS!

If you see some old dude elbowing his way to the front of the line to get in, well that'll be me. I have waited years for this, and would not miss the celebration for anything.

The town, the state, the country, yes even the world is a better place without this Class D misogynist.

What time is the bagel toss?

#26 2009-09-29 19:28:52

Will Bobo reveal his big secret before closing up shop?

#27 2009-09-29 19:46:50

HE HAS NO SECRET

#28 2009-09-29 19:55:02

Seems that Bobo says something like this every 6 months or so. Remember when he had that article about his diabetes and he wasn’t sure he would be able to continue because of his health. I think he just does this for sympathy. Maybe there are 3 or 4 people that call him and ask him to please stay. It’s a way of getting attention, like a 2 year old having a tantrum.

#29 2009-09-29 20:12:33

PShooter wrote:

IHATESLAGER wrote:

I WILL PERSONALLY RENT A HALL FOR OUR CELEBRATION WHEN THE RAG CLOSES.

I'm gonna hold you to that IHS.

I'm in.

#30 2009-09-29 20:36:45

Notalawyer a.k.a. "Old Dude"....I have to warn you....The B.O.S. may crash our party...Keep your eyes peeled for the presence of one  BOS member who has the hots for old dudes. She can't keep her hands off them. I'm still in re-hab from my encounter  with her this summer.  It's on my short list of scary moments.

#31 2009-09-29 21:22:15

YOU GOT IT BILLW. ALL THE BAGELS ONE COULD EAT

#32 2009-09-29 21:29:22

We need to make a toast to Bill at this celebration, as he is apparently soon going to be the owner of the ONLY Wareham Observer in this town...

(OOooo, I bet that just pushed Bobo's buttons!)

#33 2009-09-29 21:33:16

no bobo doesnt read us anymore. he told us that for the 150,000th time

#34 2009-09-29 21:47:28

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/img/wo-3dhed.jpg

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#35 2009-09-29 21:51:54

New low price...and now the only one in town!

#36 2009-09-30 01:06:45

billw wrote:

Too, funny.   But, I think it's a good idea.

#37 2009-09-30 06:56:43

marny wrote:

Seems that Bobo says something like this every 6 months or so. Remember when he had that article about his diabetes and he wasn’t sure he would be able to continue because of his health. I think he just does this for sympathy. Maybe there are 3 or 4 people that call him and ask him to please stay. It’s a way of getting attention, like a 2 year old having a tantrum.

I agree with you Marny. In the olden days, when I read the rag, I'd see this kind of narcissistic plea on a regular basis. Since we have been ignoring him, and he claimed he would ignore us, he is lost. He needs to have his dual persona pumped up by his very few supporters so he can feel better about himself.

I say we continue to ignore him.

I began ignoring him on July 4--independence day. I think you can schedule your celebration for Nov. 26--Thanksgiving.

#38 2009-09-30 16:41:15

Oh geez, here we go again, didn't we hear this with the freakin clean water article on TM last spring, he was going to wrap up shop until people begged him to stay. Think about this, if all it takes is two people to be people"s", so long as Jane and John ask him to stay he does.
I haven't read the rag in eons and I don't miss it either. I will have to get some of that rag shit from Mr. Wheeler when it is ready, my garden could use some good fertilizer.
Ignore him, he isn't going anywhere, he is just looking for a way to remind his 7 readers that he is needed.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com