#1 2009-09-24 11:24:02

The weight of arrogance has the ability to crush the strongest of men and their concepts without any assistance from an external force...

#2 2009-09-24 11:34:45

Huh?
Must be the medication. I don't understand.
Explanation for your brother PShooter? Common? Cas? Bill?
Someone help me understand.
Thank you in advance.
I'm looking for a can of Raid.

#3 2009-09-24 12:53:27

MsLilly wrote:

The weight of arrogance has the ability to crush the strongest of men and their concepts without any assistance from an external force...

Ms Lilly, we get enough Bobo supporters who come over and write incoherent coded messages. I know we disagree on Bobo and shit, but I thought you could at least write something that we don't have to go, "Huh??", after.

What brought you back? Are we being too mean to poor Bobo, Sweet Brucey & the rest of the blundering bunch?

"The coin has two sides"..how's that for vague quotes meant to educate?, or..."Tomorrow is a mystery, the past is history..but today is a gift, that's why it's called the present" (that one's from "Kung Fu Panda").

PShooter

Last edited by PShooter (2009-09-24 12:55:04)

#4 2009-09-24 13:34:48

You the MAN, PShooter!!
So...you're confused also?

#5 2009-09-24 14:07:26

Who uses the word "biotch"????

How pathetic.

#6 2009-09-24 14:30:25

MsLilly?????

Can it be the Dizzy Miss Lilly that I wrote about so long ago?

Three things come to mind in re: "biotch"

1. the writer was a biology teacher in another life. for the sake of students everywhere, one hopes that the past tense is correct.

2. what used to be called pharmaceutical companies are now lumped under the category of "biotech" firms. perhaps the writer consumes so many of their psychotropic products (e.g. Prozac, Haldol, Valium, thorazine, etc.) that
"biotch" is an apt nom de plume.

3. Or, the writer simply can't spell or type, and has one too many vowels in the word. They are adjoining on the keyboard, after all. Wait! is that Elton John in the background. Probably not. that line about "stone cold sober" doesn't seem to fit.

Wonder if MsLilly has been to the Drunken Clam lately?

#7 2009-09-24 14:33:23

I think what MsLilly is saying is that Mr. Slager (as strong and mighty as he is)
will be crushed by his own arrogance and that he doesn't need any assistance from anyone here on this site.  Seems pretty straight forward.  She's come over to our side.  Welcome, MsLilly.

#8 2009-09-24 14:47:53

Molly wrote:

Who uses the word "biotch"????

How pathetic.

Since it was made, I have respected your request of never talking to you again...if you'd like to retract that request, make reference to me again...

If you want to play, then by all means, let the games begin...
Oh sweetie, let's play ball...

#9 2009-09-24 14:59:56

Bob Brady is right. Arrogance will be the downfall of many in this town. Be patient.

And I don't need to invoke high school "bitch" slang when I speak. Nor do I need to to play games. My childish days are behind me. (And that includes trying to be "cool" and hip.) What is happening in Wareham right now is not a game.

I'm serious about trying to help this town as many on this site are. I'll be interested to see if the move W. forward crowd responds to the polite invitation sent from this site.

Oh, and in case any of my fellow bloggers want to know---I'm nobody's "sweetie."

#10 2009-09-24 15:00:37

Excellent job Mr. Brady...I'm impressed...

Except the arrogance I am referring to concerns such things as certain groups or individuals dictating who and who can not attend community meetings, or trying to physically control what publications our seniors are going to be allowed to receive or trying to control what papers local merchants can and can not sell...

Keep up with those type of tactics and your organization will self implode...

But really, good job with the analysis...

#11 2009-09-24 15:03:12

I've always liked that quote PShooter...

It isn't surprising to me that the quote requires a bit of explanation for most...if more understood the concept, perhaps less would be guilty of exhibiting the behavior...

The short version...if attitude adjustments are not made, you will end up "being your own worst enemy"

#12 2009-09-24 15:24:37

Whatever, Ms. Lilly. Do you have anything to add other than spreading false accusations. Geez, you guys are repetitious. I know, I know..we hate old people and Cape Verdeans, is that right?

You obviously feel you are more intelligent than, i dunno, everyone on this site. One BIG problem with that. You've sided with Bobo & the Gang. Clearly, that's evidence to the contrary. I'll match up with you any way you want Sweet Pea. I'm your Huckleberry.

PShooter

#13 2009-09-24 15:36:25

PShooter...who said anything about hating Seniors or Cape Verdean's?  What false accusations am I trying to spread?  Are you trying spin what I have stated?

#14 2009-09-24 15:41:02

MsLilly wrote:

or trying to physically control what publications our seniors are going to be allowed to receive or trying to control what papers local merchants can and can not sell...

I think it's a sign of arrogance when the person who is making the accusation doesn't have all the facts. That is the case here. What I find the most telling is that if the tables were turned, SOMEONE and his trusty minions would be screaming bloody murder and calling for an investigation.

I know the truth and the offer to Andrea Smith is still on the table. When a journalist doesn't bother to check out the facts, they are no better than that child that cried wolf. In both cases, it will come back to roost, it always does.

Last edited by Larry McDonald (2009-09-24 15:46:14)

#15 2009-09-24 15:44:55

Molly wrote:

I'm nobody's "sweetie."

no kidding...

#16 2009-09-24 15:51:15

MsLilly wrote:

Except the arrogance I am referring to concerns such things as certain groups or individuals dictating who and who can not attend community meetings, or trying to physically control what publications our seniors are going to be allowed to receive or trying to control what papers local merchants can and can not sell...

You forget what you wrote so soon?

.."physically control", what the F does that mean...And your quote wasn't above my understanding, it just doesn't apply. Keep being condescending. How's that working for ya?

Round and round you go...
Let me ask you point blank. Do you feel as though we are unconcerned with the welfare of seniors in our community? Did you support Bobo's and the Moderator's race-baiting and assertion that Cape Verdeans were not welcome at Mr. Brady's meeting? Somehow I get the feeling I won't get direct answers to these direct questions.

PShooter

#17 2009-09-24 17:24:12

PShooter...I'll try to be direct as possible with my answers...

The "physical control" I was referring to was the suggestion made to stop the physical delivery of the Observer as an option if free copies of the ST and Courier couldn't also be delivered...

I would like to think that we are all concerned with the welfare of our seniors...the problem I have is that I feel that all too often they become the collateral damage in the battle of the observers ...if the seniors were to lose their free copies of the Observer, aren't they the one's being punished?   How much damage are you causing for Robert? He is giving free copies of a paper to low income house bound seniors...are they really considered a threat in this battle?  Of course not, but they are the ones that get screwed...it comes down to hurting our seniors for a brief moment of satisfaction...we showed you Robert...you're not going to allow you to give your papers away anymore...

I have commented on the race baiting issue before, but I will repeat it...if it had been my choice, I would have not gone that  route...that is not to say I disagree with the hypothetical, just that it wouldn't have personally been my argument of choice...
If the community meeting's invitation had been open to all, then there wouldn't have been an issue to begin with...

#18 2009-09-24 17:41:32

MsLilly wrote:

...if the seniors were to lose their free copies of the Observer, aren't they the one's being punished?   How much damage are you causing for Robert? He is giving free copies of a paper to low income house bound seniors...are they really considered a threat in this battle?  Of course not, but they are the ones that get screwed...it comes down to hurting our seniors for a brief moment of satisfaction...we showed you Robert...you're not going to allow you to give your papers away anymore...

I have commented on the race baiting issue before, but I will repeat it...if it had been my choice, I would have not gone that  route...that is not to say I disagree with the hypothetical, just that it wouldn't have personally been my argument of choice...
If the community meeting's invitation had been open to all, then there wouldn't have been an issue to begin with...

I personally don't feel as though "punishment" is an accurate word to describe the loss of the rag, but that's my opinion. I do think ANY other local paper would be a better source of News. I don't feel he did it as a solely charitable act. In fact, that's a good front for working the senior electorate.

I do appreciate your attempts to address my questions. You (re)state that you where opposed to the race-bating, but then qualify your answer to suggest something HAD to be done. The reality is, that aside from not wanting Bobo, the BOS & Mr. Moderator to attend the meeting, I believe anyone else was welcome. Is this too exclusionary? I don't think so. Have you ever rented a room, and there were people you'd rather not have there? If you don't understand why those individuals have proven they would be counter-productive to the stated purpose of the meeting, then your only seeing what you want to, to support your "beliefs". A few other people in this town have a history of doing this.

Are you a member of the fledgling "Move Wareham Forward"? If so, maybe you'd like to meet with some people from "our" side, and attempt to find common ground. Forgive me if I don't expect this offer to be accepted.

PShooter

#19 2009-09-24 17:47:32

I don't know how many times this has to be said.
Bob Brady reached out to the new organization.
Bob Brady has invited at least two people for coffee to discuss the issues at hand.
No one has extended the common courtesy to respond to Bob Brady.
It's time to ignore those who deserve not even a second of your time.
It's time to concentrate. Not be distracted.
Its' time to TAKE BACK WAREHAM!!

#20 2009-09-24 19:23:24

since we are recycling quotes:

Power does not corrupt man; fools, however, if they get into a position of power, corrupt power.
George Bernard Shaw

#21 2009-09-24 19:31:07

PShooter wrote:

You (re)state that you where opposed to the race-bating, but then qualify your answer to suggest something HAD to be done

I did not intend for it to come across as something that had to be done...my believe that if there had been no restrictions placed on the attendance, the issue couldn't have arisen in the first place...it was a reaction to an action...and there was a restriction besides the media...only "liked minded" citizens were invited to attend...and again, that was Mr. Brady's right...I would have preferred a more private venue like the Elks or the Redmen Hall to have been selected instead of the public venue of a school and that it had not been advertised as a community meeting...that's the two points I took issue with...

If I were a member of "Move Wareham Forward", I would encourage us to get together at the future community meeting that will welcome everyone who wishes to attend so that we can truly begin to work on being a community that will benefits all of us, not just a few...perhaps that is what they are waiting for...

Saving TM would be a good place for us to start...

#22 2009-09-24 19:41:47

Moles...moles everywhere!!

#23 2009-09-24 19:46:39

Ms. Lilly is smoking the funny stuff again.
Giving the rag to home bound seniors without giving them any access to truth borders on abuse and makes me sick.

#24 2009-09-24 21:33:44

iliveinazoo wrote:

Giving the rag to home bound seniors borders on abuse and makes me sick.

You need to visit a few more nursing homes if you think receiving a free newspaper is abuse...

#25 2009-09-24 21:54:12

MsLilly... You do not have to be low income to receive meals on wheels, nor do you have to be home bound.

#26 2009-09-24 21:55:29

I would like to see if we can reach a compromise and ask that all copies of the rag distributed to seniors in the Meals on Wheels Program have that 10 year old "In this Corner" photo of Bobo where he looks like he's squinting and staring directly into the sun be covered up.

Just pour some white-out on each picture of Bobo before they are handed out.  For Christ's sakes, the seniors are trying to eat and you're giving them a paper with a photo of a guy that will make them want to barf.

#27 2009-09-24 21:57:26

Can we all stop calling the rag a newspaper please

#28 2009-09-24 22:06:23

I think if Meal on Wheels had been asked and gave their permission to have it delivered with the meals the point would be mute. If I had a senior relative that had signed up for Meals On Wheels and the rag was delivered with the meal I would be upset.

#29 2009-09-24 22:34:55

marny wrote:

MsLilly... You do not have to be low income to receive meals on wheels, nor do you have to be home bound.

Being respectfully corrected was very much appreciated...thanks...

#30 2009-09-24 23:00:28

MsLilly wrote:

...only "liked minded" citizens were invited to attend...and again, that was Mr. Brady's right...I would have preferred a more private venue like the Elks or the Redmen Hall to have been selected instead of the public venue of a school and that it had not been advertised as a community meeting...that's the two points I took issue with...

I would differ with you on this point. Just because it's a school, does not make it a public venue. As far as I know, other private functions are held at the school(s). It is not "inherently" public, as Bobo also asserted.

I know you've burned alot of bridges over here, but sometimes you sound like you have the town's well being at heart. I have no idea how/why you would/could defend them so much. If you or them truly want rapport and open dialogue, then take the olive branch offers extended by Steve, Dick and others. They really should stop trying to discredit us, and realize this is the closest thing to a "suggestion box" this town has. I've heard them, (forgive me for repeatedly using them/they, but I think you know who I mean) say, "I wouldn't be caught dead going to the Whitehouse site", and things like that. If there's one thing I hate, it's when someone's dead set against something, then admits they refuse to learn anything about it. They might not like the things said here, but you have to admit, we watch them pretty closely. I think that's why they're so secretive, which is contrary to what their positions require.

PShooter

Last edited by PShooter (2009-09-24 23:58:54)

#31 2009-09-25 00:16:11

PShooter...I was not aware there were bridges here to burn...

The fact I consider a school a public venue is no more than my personal opinion...I was not trying to state a fact, just my opinion...and don't even go there...

I do not understand the urgency with all the olive branch stuff...if a community meeting is being organized, why can't the meeting of the minds take place then?  I'm sure everyone in attendance will not only be allowed to speak, but will actually be encouraged to do so...

#32 2009-09-25 00:32:53

Lil, I don't get the "don't even go there"

... and I think suggesting a few people sit down and try to get to know each other is a positive, respectful and noble gesture. I only see one side willing to make the effort. So, it can be assumed the other side is negative, disrespectful and ignoble. I hate to say it, but that sounds about right. Do you think us insincere, or else not worthy of respect? My guess is, yes.

A "true" community meeting is what I sense you're insinuating, again discrediting the coalition that's been formed here. But, hey, whatever. Great, by all means I already said I'm looking forward to any announcements of these promised meetings. Maybe I can interview you. Let me know.

PShooter

Last edited by PShooter (2009-09-25 00:35:35)

#33 2009-09-25 00:54:40

Ms Lilly is a hire. Her assignment is to heckle and harass, and always stay out of range.  It's an ancient tactic.  Divert the enemy's attenrion. Pull them away from what they know they should be doing. 

She is trained...."If they start to talk tough remind them that you are Ms Lilly, and  that NOone should beat up on someone wth such a gentle name as Ms Lilly.

Ms. L :Go back and tell your boss that at this point I said,"Oh my head!")

Tellya what Ms Lilly.....If you want
to have a real conversation with real people call me:508 291 1319....But I expoect that your handlers won't allow that.

#34 2009-09-25 06:37:44

MsLilly wrote:
...only "liked minded" citizens were invited to attend...and again, that was Mr. Brady's right...I would have preferred a more private venue like the Elks or the Redmen Hall to have been selected instead of the public venue of a school and that it had not been advertised as a community meeting...that's the two points I took issue with...

1.. the elks is a public place also.. you can privatedly rent the hall but... the bar is still open for its members even if you rent the hall.. redman rules i dont know. as far as the school if bob brady just had his meeting there then i would say it was PUBLIC but... he paid $ to the school dept for electricity and custodial fees that too me makes it rented like an apartment he has the right to do what he wants in that space and time frame he is paying for as long as hes not breaking the law just like in an apartment..

from your own opinion the bos meet in a public place then we all should be able to attend thier es right? that is your course of logic right?

#35 2009-09-25 09:46:23

Liz, I know the "rules" regarding the renting of local halls...been doing it for years...

I never questioned the legality nor Mr. Brady's rights that went along with renting the school...I was stating a personal opinion...just as with the restriction placed on who could attend and the trouble that it caused, I think there would have been a lot less drama if a private hall had been rented vs. a school...and a lot less time would have been wasted trying to remove people who were never removed...do you think that could have happened if the WPD had been called to the Elks? 

Next time, rent a hall and when placing the ad in local publications, inform your like minded invitees to send an email to the listed email address to receive an email invitation to attend...

#36 2009-09-25 10:05:41

i understand your opinion i was ONLY dealing in facts not opinions thats all.. yes the cops could have been called to another venue also but that is just speculation at this point..

bob brady never said residents werent welcome cape verdean or otherwise..only the bos ita and media..as adults they should have honored his request.. as the renter he had the right..

#37 2009-09-25 10:22:23

MsLilly,
I think we all learn through trial and error. In this case, the lesson was learned. What I want to point out is that why would you want to attend the meeting if you weren't of the same mind? Why would you be upset and want to disrupt the meeting? What would be the purpose? It appears you are trying to "blame" our method as the reason for the issue when it clearly belongs with the parties who came to disrupt or change the agenda. Yes, they were allowed to stay and it was a democratic process that allowed that. If you need any reason why the media was banned, you need only to read the twisted take on the meeting published by your own mentor, Bobo. As far as wasted time, it was more a question of how to diffuse the situation

If it offends you that there was a meeting of people who are unhappy with the elected officials and current status of town government, then imagine how offended we must be to have a meeting of that nature?

#38 2009-09-25 11:48:49

LIZdaGNOME wrote:

bob brady never said residents werent welcome cape verdean or otherwise..only the bos ita and media

Not to beat a dead horse to death beyond recognition, but I know what sticklers we are for the FACTS here, so before I completely put this issue to rest and out of fairness to everyone.... 

From the Wareham Courier (July 22)

Former selectman Bob Brady, who has been instrumental in organizing the July 30 event, said the meeting is open to anyone who shares the belief that the time for change in Wareham government is now.
    “The key to the invitation is for only those who are truly unhappy with the leadership in this town and who want to see Wareham move in a new direction, a positive direction,” he said.

From the Standard-Times (July 25)

The meeting, set for Thursday at 6:30 p.m. in the middle school, is not open to defenders of the status quo, (Brady) said, and as of Friday he said that the media were not invited, either, out of concern for a free expression of ideas without fear of reprisals. One local publication has already challenged the use of a public building for a private meeting, but Brady defended his intent to screen those attending.

Since there were (and still are) many, many citzens that didn't conveniently fit into the very specific criteria set for attendance, I believe there were many many people besides the BOS, ITA and media who were not welcomed at the "community" meeting...

#39 2009-09-25 11:54:32

you are right dead horse.. fact from your own post..

"he said that the media were not invited"   

noone else was not invited just told if they were happy with status quo why bother to attend?

#40 2009-09-25 12:04:46

ms lilly: There's a great example of Slagerspeak in your final paragraph.There's no sense in explaining it to you because you know full well the "sleight of hand" gimmick I'm referring to.

Do you do card tricks too? Was your school nick name "Defty"?

#41 2009-09-25 12:23:05

I love the "many, many citizens" part. Very classic! Let's just cut to the chase. There were two groups of people at the meeting. Those who were interested in change and starting a grassroots effort; and those who were looking to disrupt it. The second group, which you are now obviously part of, show their true colors by continuing the chant "The were discriminating against us!". There is a third group that was affected, and that was the group of people who want change but are afraid of retribution and reprisals by the Selectmen and their mouthpiece. Do you think your group discriminated against them? You bet you did! You stopped them from attending! Bravo for the disruption! Now if you can only convince the "many, many citizens" that they exist, you will have earned your pay as a shill for a shill :)

#42 2009-09-25 12:42:00

Lots of moles!!
We actually had moles in my lawn this summer. My wife read that is you put a piece of chewing gum in the hole, the mole will take it, eat it, and meet his demise.
I don't know why.
But, moles are hard to get rid of. They may hang on for lots of pieces of gum.
Our moles are gone.
Yours are still lurking.
Get the gum!
Get the can of Raid!

#43 2009-09-25 12:55:40

I stated that I had 2 issues with the community meeting, one of which was that the entire community was not invited...Liz said everyone was invited to the meeting except the BOS, the ITA and the media...I disagree...that's it...

#44 2009-09-25 13:00:26

It sure would be nice if a knight in shining armor would ride in on a not so dead horse to save a couple of damsels in fact distress...

"the key to the invitation is for ONLY those who are truly unhappy with the leadership in this town..."   
"is NOT OPEN to the defenders of the status quo"

All citizens of the community were or were not invited?

#45 2009-09-25 13:19:20

Sigh....what is the use? Show me where it excluded anyone based on gender, race, or religion and we can talk. It's going to be a busy afternoon at work, so you'll have to wait for my reply. Did you get an "attaboy" from your BFF?

#46 2009-09-25 13:30:10

Larry McDonald wrote:

Sigh....what is the use? Show me where it excluded anyone based on gender, race, or religion and we can talk. It's going to be a busy afternoon at work, so you'll have to wait for my reply. Did you get an "attaboy" from your BFF?

Show me where I said anyone was excluded based on gender, race or religion...

For the last time, I had an issue with the entire community not being invited to a community meeting and the claim being made that no one was excluded except...oh forget it...

#47 2009-09-25 13:38:11

quit your whining...you aren't invited to my meeting tonight either :)  Seriously, work to do...we'll pick this up later

#48 2009-09-25 13:39:36

mslilly a question...
1.. would you just show up to a birthday party for someone you werent friends with didnt agree with and didnt like???

if you answered yes that explains it all..

#49 2009-09-25 13:40:33

The President if Iran likes to get people all riled up by saying that The Holocaust never happened. Ms Lilly  has been sent over from the Dark Side to distract us the same way.

I never play with kids like her at recess.   Let's tell her to go home. Then the rest of us can continue that game we were playing before she interrupted us.

Can't remember what it was.....Oh yes !....Take Back Wareham !

#50 2009-09-25 13:58:36

MsLilly wrote:

LIZdaGNOME wrote:

bob brady never said residents werent welcome cape verdean or otherwise..only the bos ita and media

Not to beat a dead horse to death beyond recognition, but I know what sticklers we are for the FACTS here, so before I completely put this issue to rest and out of fairness to everyone.... 

Former selectman Bob Brady, who has been instrumental in organizing the July 30 event, said the meeting is open to anyone who shares the belief that the time for change in Wareham government is now.
    “The key to the invitation is for only those who are truly unhappy with the leadership in this town and who want to see Wareham move in a new direction, a positive direction,” he said.

The meeting, set for Thursday at 6:30 p.m. in the middle school, is not open to defenders of the status quo, (Brady) said, and as of Friday he said that the media were not invited, either, out of concern for a free expression of ideas without fear of reprisals. One local publication has already challenged the use of a public building for a private meeting, but Brady defended his intent to screen those attending.

Since there were (and still are) many, many citzens that didn't conveniently fit into the very specific criteria set for attendance, I believe there were many many people besides the BOS, ITA and media who were not welcomed at the "community" meeting...

thanks for seconding what slager just put up today... i would hope in all fairness ne bans you and down the road from his website since both of you have now done what he claims i did with his copyrights...PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF HE BANS YOU OR PLAYS FAVORITES TO YOU AND DOWN THE ROAD AND LIES FOR MY BEING BANNED..

#51 2009-09-25 14:13:51

Larry McDonald wrote:

quit your whining...you aren't invited to my meeting tonight either :)  Seriously, work to do...we'll pick this up later

Now there's the Larry that I've come to know and like...you know it would get really interesting if I were invited :-)

I'm all set with this if you are...I would really prefer "moving forward" than going "back"wards...sorry, couldn't help it...can't change the past, just try and improve the future...

That being said, if there's anyone who hasn't taken their ball home cause they're scared to play with the playground bully, I have a question regarding the civil service article...I have heard plenty of support in favor of keeping it based on its protection over the chief...how about some opinions as to how it would benefit the taxpayers if we voted to keep cs...

#52 2009-09-25 14:22:48

LIZdaGNOME wrote:

MsLilly wrote:

LIZdaGNOME wrote:

thanks for seconding what slager just put up today... i would hope in all fairness ne bans you and down the road from his website since both of you have now done what he claims i did with his copyrights...PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF HE BANS YOU OR PLAYS FAVORITES TO YOU AND DOWN THE ROAD AND LIES FOR MY BEING BANNED..

It would be me banning him since I was the one to post it initially...you have it "back"wards...and as I just said, this continued argument isn't benefiting any of us...and my answer would depend on what flavor birthday cake was being served :-)

#53 2009-09-25 14:38:01

thanks for the sarcasm..the flavor of the cake was not my point and not it question.. please answer the question with the cake flavor not a factor..

#54 2009-09-25 16:16:49

MsLilly wrote:

I have a question regarding the civil service article...I have heard plenty of support in favor of keeping it based on its protection over the chief...how about some opinions as to how it would benefit the taxpayers if we voted to keep cs...

The Meeting? Your principles? Your WAY overbloated opinion of yourself? You're in serious danger of reaching idiot status quickly.

The Meeting's old news. It was a necessary, and obvious next step in the "evolution" of our "organization". Give it a rest. You are not more principled than us. Trust me on that.
If you need the link to the audio, let me know. (psst..my favorite part is when Bobo is really shown what the citizens of this town think of him and his rag).

..And by all means, let's talk Civil Service. Do you have any positives to add regarding the removal of Civil Service from Chief of Police selection. Hmmmm. Does anyone?
I've been waiting for anyone to say anything good about it since the issue/article was raised. Why would you expect us to try to raise points of support for this? Do you & the others need help finding good things about dropping CS. Is it a coincidence that we now have an Interim Police Chief, and that's right in line with their agenda?

"Biggest Bully", give me a friggin break. You ain't shit. If you're the best Bobo has to offer, you guys are in truly dire straits. Condescending blowhards like Sweet Brucey, Bobo and yourself are the reason good citizens have decided they have to group together and put a stop to it. I suppose you all deserve alot of the credit for bringing us together. So, thanks for that.

Stay. Go. Who gives a shit. We won't be distracted from attaining our goals, and that has you guys all riled up. It's just starting to get fun. Pack a lunch.

PShooter

#55 2009-09-25 16:43:16

I love PShooter.
I am a proud dad and brother.
DANOHAMATRON1945.

#56 2009-09-25 21:15:55

PShooter...do you like vodka by any chance?...

If ridicule, name calling and overall personal assault is your normal modus operandi when faced with opposition, okay...whatever makes you feel superior...it's just that I am not used to dealing with that when I have blogged here in the past, so forgive me if it takes a moment to get used to...I know many people who won't come to this site because of the supposed "hatebloggers" but that was never an issue for me...for whatever reason, I was always well respected when here, and I tried to keep that respect mutual...I believe I was successful for the most part, and when I was not, I apologized...I have enjoyed how challenging the other bloggers here have made it for me when it comes to trying to prove a point by the use of their wit, cleverness, humor, and even sarcasm and have felt a sense of accomplishment when I thought I had succeeded...on occasion, I have had my eyes opened regarding certain issues and when it comes to dealing with the really mean stuff, I try and ignore it...

Referring to myself as being "the playground bully" was in reference to Mr. Wheeler's remark of not wanting to play with kids like me on the playground....I do not consider being the "biggest bully" a positive attribute, nor would I ever care to be thought of in that way...perhaps I misinterpreted the insinuation...I certainly hope I did...

I brought up the civil service issue in the hopes of starting a dialog of the pros and cons for both sides of the issue...hearing other's opinions can help with forming a personal one...and I thought perhaps Liz and I could use a diversionary tactic to move us away from our "no win" debate...

I guess that's all I've got for now Mr. Shooter...perhaps if I say something in the future that you disagree with, you could just ignore it...

#57 2009-09-25 21:43:22

mslilly just like slager and john d you still havent answered me this is the 3rd time im asking you..

1.. would you just show up to a birthday party for someone you werent friends with didnt agree with and didnt like???

slager copied you.. my apoligies so what about andrea s??

#58 2009-09-25 22:54:53

If I was not friends, did not agree with them and didn't like them, how did I get an invitation to their birthday party?

The obvious answer would be no, of course I wouldn't go...unless curiosity got the best of me...

Okay, your turn...what does this pertain to?

#59 2009-09-25 23:29:42

Why does anyone engage in this type of banter?

On another note, can someone please explain to Bobo what is copyrighted material? Forums and other means of internet communications are not coyright material. The material has to be an original "work", not a freaking blog post. Oh my head. I have spent all night researching this, but I think flox or cas would put this so much better than I could. Besides, I have taken a liking to using certain unacceptable words whenever I speak of this evil doer within our community. I wouldn't want to offend the moles.

#60 2009-09-26 08:28:29

It's a waste of time Zoo. It has been explained to him, just like the meeting has been explained to MsLIlly. It's their sworn duty to continue the discussion and twist and spin (Isn't that like sit and spin?). Just a suggestion, let's just let them crow and toss their tail feathers. It's a distraction so people won't notice they goofed up! You know how it works....wow, we have egg on our face, so let's see if we can change the topic and maybe they won't notice!

It's going to be a great weekend, so let's enjoy it! Ms Lilly, have a great day and hope you find something constructive to do!

Oh, just a shout out to another friend, Thank you for the perspective!

#61 2009-09-26 08:56:27

Ms. Lilly: My recess analogy was more about character than it was about behavior. I never used the word "bully" ,yet you have quoted me as saying it twice. Classic Slagerspeak.

No ,Ms Lilly, I was referring to what is called "character" more than  to what is described as "behavior". You redefined what I was getting at with a more flattering term: "bully"

There are things you can do to change your behavior,but you're pretty much stuck with the character you have by the time you've reached the age of thirty. I won't accuse you of being an identical twin of Slager; you are more like a cousin twice removed.

You haven't come back to contribute, or to learn; you have come back as if on a mission to obfuscate, connive, frustrate, and distort.

A childhood verse popped  into my head"

"I do not like thee, Doctor Fell,
The reason why, I cannot tell..
But this I know full well...
I do not like thee, Doctor Fell."

If by any chance, you were to have a "humility attack" , I would renew my offer to meet and talk.

#62 2009-09-26 09:02:52

iliveinazoo wrote:

Why does anyone engage in this type of banter?

On another note, can someone please explain to Bobo what is copyrighted material? Forums and other means of internet communications are not coyright material. The material has to be an original "work", not a freaking blog post. Oh my head. I have spent all night researching this, but I think flox or cas would put this so much better than I could. Besides, I have taken a liking to using certain unacceptable words whenever I speak of this evil doer within our community. I wouldn't want to offend the moles.

i did go the routes you suggested and even looked up the copyrights on line.. it is just his excuse to ban me for stepping up toe to toe and challanging his lies..

#63 2009-09-26 09:07:13

MsLilly wrote:

If I was not friends, did not agree with them and didn't like them, how did I get an invitation to their birthday party?

The obvious answer would be no, of course I wouldn't go...unless curiosity got the best of me...

Okay, your turn...what does this pertain to?

NO.. GOOD THEN DONT GO TO BOB B MEETINGS AND PLEASE DONT COMPLAIN ABOUT NON INVATIONS... IF YOU ARE OK WITH THE BOS AND ITA STAY AT HOME....IF YOU THINK THEY HAVE DONE SOMETHING NOT IN THE BEST INTREST OF THIER BOSSES (THE VOTERS) THEN ATTEND..PLEASE JUST STOP CRYING WOLF LIKE SLAGER AND JOHN D DID ABOUT THE CAPE VERDEAN COMMUNITY.. PLEASE ENOUGH IS ENOUGH...HOW ABOUT NEXT MEETING AT MY HOUSE AND CALL THE POLICE WILL THAT MAKE YOU AND SLAGER HAPPY...

#64 2009-09-26 09:07:55

Zoo,

For all of Bobo's ranting about our side being "secretive," our posts are visible to the public and the whole world to see.  The tin foil hat squad on Bobo's site, on the other hand, are so ashamed of their support for the selectmen that they don't want the public to see what they write because even they know what they write is indefensible.  They just want it seen by like-minded cronies because they know what embarrassment they'd have if everyone was reading their garbage.

That's why Bobo had to start banning "non-believers," if the public actually saw what those wackjobs write over there, they'd realize what nutjobs they are.

#65 2009-09-26 12:17:16

Dick Wheeler wrote:

No ,Ms Lilly, I was referring to what is called "character" more than  to what is described as "behavior". You redefined what I was getting at with a more flattering term: "bully"

I do understand the concept of character and not only is "bully" a behavior, it is also a character trait, but thank you for trying to enlighten me, by the most literal sense of the word...

I was very fortunate to have been given one of most wonderful men in the world to call grandfather...he never did anything to warrant big, fancy headlines or draw applause from a crowd, but he also never uttered an intentional harsh word to anyone, young or old, friend or foe...he was just a simple man, with a wonderful heart and great character...you would have liked my papa...everyone did...   

I ,too, had a verse came to mind, not from my childhood as yours, but from adulthood not long after he had passed...

"My grandfather was a wonderful man...through him, I got to know the gentle side of men..." Sarah Long

Thank you for your kind words Mr. Wheeler...

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com