#1 2009-09-23 11:37:01

I want to address this and see what we can do to either put a stop to it or make it a better situation.

As most of us know, free copies of the Wareham Pravda are included to shut-ins with Meals on Wheels. This poses several issues. Is this legal? If so, what are the chances we can speak with the Courier and/or Standard Times and try to secure the same deal? The fact the paper is free keeps Bobo from arguing that we are somehow destroying his business.

I guess i want to see what we can do to either stop it or make it fair to all newspaper outlets in town.

Who do we contact to check on whether this is an acceptable practice?

Should we contact the Courier or Standard Times and work a deal?

How do we make sure copies of the other papers (if it works out) are delivered?

Anyone? Suggestions are appreciated!

#2 2009-09-23 11:44:50

WELL THERE PAPERS SELL AND HIS DOESNT, I THINK THEY MAKE GOOD CAT LINERS, THEY ARE TRYING TO BRAIN WASH THE SENIORS.

#3 2009-09-23 12:35:10

Other than the fact I need about 40 copies for the puppy, I think either the Standard Times or the Courier would be interested in helping out the COA and the meals on wheels program. To be honest, the content of both of those paper is far better and diverse than what you get with the kitty box liner paper.

#4 2009-09-23 12:48:44

Larry: I've noticed that The Brockton Enterprise leaves papers at Wareham High School.which makes me feel they'd be the easiest to sell your idea to .

I'm not a regular BE reader, but I have found them to be very responsive to requests for coverage of local events. 

Another thought: If the NBSTimes has a
"no freebies" policy, ask them if they'd give you  day old papers. Day old  criticism of the BOS would be fresh news for someone who only reads the
Observer.

#5 2009-09-23 12:53:16

I'll speak with the Courier, the BE and the S-T. I need to know about how many we would be looking for. Anyone up for a conversation with Meals on Wheels?

#6 2009-09-23 13:01:16

I'm not absolutely positive, but seems to me that the Meals on Wheels are funded through Old Colony Eldery Services. I seem to remember that my mother had to apply through that agency to receive Meals on Wheels. You had to meet certain qualifications to be eligible.

You could call them to verify and if so, ask what their policy is regarding allowing "other" deliveries to be delivered along with the meal.

If this agency is subsidizing the meal and/or subsidizing the payroll for the drivers or the vehicles themselves under some govt program, then technically Mr. Slager would be utilizing a service paid for by the government to deliver his newspapers, and therefore using govt. funds for a private purpose(delivery of his newspaper), I would think.

Who pays the salary for the drivers and who owns the vehicles that are used to deliver the meals. That would be an important question to ask, since that is how the newspapers get delivered.

Are the van drivers employed by the town and are the vehicles registered to the town of Wareham ? If so, then he is using town property and town employees to deliver his newspaper. If the drivers salary (unless they volunteer) and vehicle's gas and oil are paid for by the town  in essence he technically would be using public funding to provide delivery service for a private newspaper company.

A no, no, no, no, no.

#7 2009-09-23 13:16:01

MV, that all sounded great. Then I thought, if he's "donating" them, and has the BOS's okey dokey, does it all go out the window?

I wonder if suggesting that the BE/ST/Courier, any of them, be delivered with the rag, would be something they'd be more willing to consider. If they want to stop passing out the rag, great. But, I'ld avoid putting anyone in a position where they feel they're forced to be "political". If you had the rag sitting beside any of those NEWSPAPERS, which would you read?

PShooter

Last edited by PShooter (2009-09-23 14:34:32)

#8 2009-09-23 13:20:21

I have no doubt that the Courier and the S.T. would give out free copies to people on the Meals on Wheels program.
Once you start your handouts, they should be welcomed as well.
After all, these people love newspapers. They grew up with them and it is highly unlikely they are surfing the web for news.
It is good public relations for all of the papers to donate their publications for people who either can't get out to buy them, or possibly not be able to afford them.
I can't' imagine anyone turning you down.
Very nice offer, by the way, and I am sure the people will appreciate what you have done for them.
They can thank the TAKE BACK WAREHAM group for thinking of them and fighting for them.

#9 2009-09-23 14:26:09

ok.. i talked with theresa from old colony elder services and she had NO IDEA that slagers paper was being delivered she said they have a newletter but again she knew nothing about the paper that was being delivered..

#10 2009-09-23 14:39:02

No, it does not all go out the window, even if the BOS gives Mr. Slager permission.

The S-t has a program where if you are going away, you can ask them to donate your copy to a school (I think that's where it goes). Why not ask them to donate them to the local senior center as well and/or provide a certain number of issues each week. How about offering subscribers the oppotunity to do a program "buy one", "donate one"?

I'm all for asking both the S-t and Courier to leave some free newspapers at the Multi-Service Center and Library to be picked up, but I feel certain that you cannot use public employees or public vehicles to deliver them. Permission or not.

You, Dan, and I agree it's a good idea to deliver them, and common sense would say it's great, but I think that's just one of those things that is considered a misuse of public funds.

#11 2009-09-23 14:55:16

When a person who lives in Halifax refers to "WE" when speaking of the citizens of Wareham, then anyone reading that knows this person has an agenda. I'll repeat this again: The publisher of that paper lives in Halifax, he does NOT have an office in Wareham, and he is not a registered voter or citizen. His so called newspaper is nothing more than editorials condemning anyone who disagrees with the Selectmen. OH, and his NEW writer, Paul Shooter, talks of violence and hatred. Is this something you would want your grandmother to read? How about a newspaper that offers more than partisan political attacks and hate filled diatribes? As citizens that CARE about the shut ins, we are attempting to provide them with an alternative that is balanced and offers NEWS, not attacks.

The good news is that his paid circulation is equal to his number of supporters...that would be 4 or 5.

Last edited by Larry McDonald (2009-09-23 14:59:18)

#12 2009-09-23 15:16:12

And it starts:

From: Warehamobserver@aol.com [mailto:Warehamobserver@aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 3:12 PM
To: Larry McDonald
Subject: (no subject)

Mr. McDonald, you are an absolutely despicable human being. You would actually deny a group of house-bound senior citizens the opportunity to receive a free newspaper each week for purely political reasons? God have mercy on your soul. You and your wife have grown so warped that you have lost all perspective now. I will deliver those papers myself if necessary. Both of you sicken me. Shame on you.

The only thing I will say at this point is I consider the source and the twisted lies told by this person. It would be funny.....you know the rest.

#13 2009-09-23 15:19:26

ihateliz wrote:

WELL THERE PAPERS SELL AND HIS DOESNT, I THINK THEY MAKE GOOD CAT LINERS, THEY ARE TRYING TO BRAIN WASH THE SENIORS.

They are good to wrap fish in, too.

#14 2009-09-23 15:24:35

This is what happens when you are concerned about the type of material that is being distributed to the shut-ins. We (and there is a WE) want to offer a better product to these wonderful people and of course, we are attacked. Of course, if it was another paper being distributed, he would be bent out of shape over the regulations and rules. It's a no win situation with this idiot.

Oh well, (insert casual's quote here).

#15 2009-09-23 15:52:23

Larry McDonald wrote:

And it starts:

From: Warehamobserver@aol.com [mailto:Warehamobserver@aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 3:12 PM
To: Larry McDonald
Subject: (no subject)

Mr. McDonald, you are an absolutely despicable human being. You would actually deny a group of house-bound senior citizens the opportunity to receive a free newspaper each week for purely political reasons? God have mercy on your soul. You and your wife have grown so warped that you have lost all perspective now. I will deliver those papers myself if necessary. Both of you sicken me. Shame on you.

The only thing I will say at this point is I consider the source and the twisted lies told by this person. It would be funny.....you know the rest.

Not purely for political reasons.  We love our seniors and we don't want to see them being upset about what they read in the observer.  By having other, reliable reportings from other newspapers they'll be able to see thru the observer for what it is.  They are old, not stupid!

And where is the "I will swear to you on the life my daughters" from last weeks Courier and now "God have mercy on your soul", coming from?

#16 2009-09-23 16:04:32

Raid Please!!
Can of RAID PLEASE!!!!

#17 2009-09-23 16:47:59

Bobo is a Douche Bag..I'm glad we got under his skin. Just wait Bobo, we're not going to stop till you are G-O-N-E.

You misrepresent, in your Jeer, just like you always do. Every move you make, (and I think I've said this before) confirms a little more, that you are assuredly one of the biggest Assholes we've had the displeasure to come across in this town. Let them have your shitty rag. Put a real paper beside it, and we'll see which one gets used for kitty piss.

You & your gang of misfit's days of brainwashing and manipulating the elderly are coming to an end. Charitable? What's so charitible about giving away papers that don't sell, and you don't even pay the printer. Your self righteous stance is more ridiculous with everything you write. Buh-bye shit head.

PShooter

#18 2009-09-23 17:26:02

I love PShooter and I am proud to call him my son.
DANOHAMATRON1945.

#19 2009-09-23 17:31:22

Huh? I thought he was going to ignore the bloggers here. Didn't someone say he wrote a whole article about it? Oh right. How many times has he contradicted himself? It was to be expected, of course.

If I cared, I'd tell him to get a life. Since I stopped reading the rag on July 4, independence day from the rag, I and many others only get info about it from this site. And most of us could care less.

He must keep this site open on his computer so he won't miss any postings. Sounds like a sad, pathetic life to me. Now that he realizes the bos has lead him down the path of lies and libel, he has nowhere else to go for information except to the ST and Courier which he rips off on a regular basis--of course, this is just my opinion based on the repetition of phrases, words etc. that I  noticed before I went cold turkey.

I agree about not giving the rag to seniors unless it is balanced with the facts--that can only come from the real newspapers in town. To subject seniors, many who are susceptible to fear tactics (consider how many seniors are scammed--the highest percentage of the population) to the rag is what is immoral. Senior abuse is a real thing and I have no tolerance for it.

Truth to the people--including the elderly.

P.S. That would exclude the rag.

#20 2009-09-23 17:37:51

AMEN, Molly!

#21 2009-09-23 17:52:42

Let's just let him have his say. We all know he has zero credibility and that may be too high. He actually lied in that jeer, but I heard Bruce's voice in his words. If i can see that, so can others. :)

#22 2009-09-23 18:35:59

I say it is time to do what Milly and Steve Holmes asked us to do. Ignore him altogether.
He doesn't contribute to your mission. He doesn't contribute to the well being of the people of Wareham. He does not offer anything to protect the health, welfare and safety of the people of Wareham.
You have too much work to do to even think about outside influences.
That's what they want. Distract you from the goal you MUST accomplish: knock down the articles at Town Meeting.
You are running out of time. Maybe, just time enough to forget those that don't matter, and concentrate on your ultimate mission: TAKE BACK WAREHAM!
I am a paid subscriber to his site. I haven't read it except for specific requests by friends. I am disgusted by it and it raises my blood pressure. I don't need to know what someone who is absolutely contrary to everything I believe in has to say. I read Andrea Smith's columns religiously, because she is a dear friend of mine that I have known since we were children.
Enough is enough.
It would be funny if.....
Well, you know.

#23 2009-09-23 18:52:36

Larry, I just posted this in a thread I started, but wanted to include the relevant parts here as well:

New Lows "Jeer" wrote:

The "Take Back Wareham" crowd has done a lot of sleazy things over the past few months, but this one takes the cake. They are trying to stop the Meals on Wheels program from dropping off free copies of the Observer to home-bound seniors. That’s right - FREE copies.

Well this is simply not true.  Before we go into why it's not true, does anybody know when he published his "I'm done responding to them in print" fallacy?  Was it 3 days?  4?  I forget.  Anyways, at the time I last read that thread, there were 15 comments.  ONE of those 15 had any substantial discussion about stopping the delivery, and it was basically ignored.  The remainder were either mocking the Observer, talking about how to get other papers to provide free papers, or making general statements around "is this allowable?".  What Slager wrote is a blatant, BLATANT misrepresentation of what was discussed here, and he should be ashamed of himself.  Even if you believe what he wrote, it's based on the premise that having a biased publication that spews hate week after week as the only available source of information for seniors is a good thing.  That's just ridiculous.  Mr. Brady showed us in his letter to the editor that Slager's editorial policy is damaging to the town, and I would argue that it's damaging to our seniors as well.  What Slager's saying is about as valid as someone saying "Can you imagine the nerve of these people, removing cigarette vending machines from our elementary schools?  We were giving the cigarettes away for free because we felt like it was the decent thing to do, and these twisted bloggers want to deny the kids a chance to smoke FREE cigarettes".  It would all be funny if it wasn't so sad.

The other ridiculous thing on here is when he says "We have an idea. Let the Courier and the Standard-Times give free papers to these folks as well."  Hate to burst your bubble Rob-O, but Larry posted that in the very first post in the thread on this topic.  He said, and I quote "...what are the chances we can speak with the Courier and/or Standard Times and try to secure the same deal?"  No reason for you to include the truth in your jeers, though, I guess.

#24 2009-09-23 18:52:37

In this week's Wareham Pravda, Slager is going to publish a lie. Period. He sent an advance copy to my email address. I won't post it on here, because he doesn't deserve the circulation this site gets. If you want a copy, leave me a private message with your email.

Now, I'm not upset. i expect him to do things like this. He has lied before and will lie again. The good news is his circulation is almost the same as his credibility. (That would be zero for those keeping score).

The main thing I want to say is he is trying to disrupt the groundswell of this effort by printing lies. I think that citizens that have any questions or wants the truth, they are welcome to contact me anyone at this site or me.

Bobo is NOT a citizen of Wareham, he has no office in this town, and he lives in Halifax. To include him in any discussion about what is best for Wareham is a waste of time. To make it simple, he has ZERO credibility and he knows it :)

The people attending the neighborhood meetings know the truth and the word is spreading!

#25 2009-09-23 23:05:34

What someone should do is gather all the violent articles, the lies, and twisted truths and sit down with the Old Colony Elderly people and SHOW them what Wareham is delivering to THEIR CLIENTS!
Perhaps bring a laptop with some DVD clips too.
In my mind it is elder abuse, you take a vulnerable shut in, fill their world with lies then pick them up and take them to Town Meeting without ever presenting them with an alternate viewpoint. That is brainwashing. Then to use them to do your bidding, now that is pretty sick. God help the souls of this BOS, they have some explaining to do I am sure.
Personally, if someone was treating my grandparent or parent in this manner I would be on the phone to any agency I could.
And, when you jeer me Bobo please remember my name is spelled "I L I V E I N A Z O O".

#26 2009-09-24 01:14:41

iliveinazoo wrote:

What someone should do is gather all the violent articles, the lies, and twisted truths and sit down with the Old Colony Elderly people and SHOW them what Wareham is delivering to THEIR CLIENTS!

I take it  you've sampled the 'meals' they deliver. I have and wouldn't slop pigs with it.

I can't vouch for the reproductive rights of distributing reprints but this news coverage nails it.

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#27 2009-09-24 09:15:32

Hello everyone,  I just needed to put my two cents in.  This is the same action he pulls with large groups obviously.  He targeted the Cape Verdean Community a few weeks ago and he is targeting the senior citizens or a regular basis,  "Senior Baiting" I guess you could call it.  Somehow he feels this is an OK practice, this horrible man has no investments in this town, he does not pay taxes to this town, he does not operate a ligitimate business in this town, he does not need municipal services, he has no children in our schools, and to top it off he does not even live here!  THERE'S NOTHING BUT A GOSSIP COLUMN WARPING OUR COMMUNITY!   
I give everyone the benefit of the doubt and I looked into alot of the claims made here and I can't stress this enough to anyone who is reading this site, the accuracy of this site is quite good.  Every blog site is going to have some hateful comments but its very easy to read past that. 
Lastly, I listened to the selectmens meeting last week and they were complaining that the town had no lifeguards?  The standard times reported that the towns legal fees are over 365K this year, isn't that 120K over the new increased amount they requested at our last town meeting?  There are your lifeguards! Why isn't our town administrator doing anything about this, I fear for the towns future if these selectmen and town administrator stay in power.  I would think its appropriate to call for a citizens vote of no confidence on the town administrator, he is doing his job in the best intrest of the boards intentions and not the taxpayer!   STOP WAISTING OUR MONEY!

Mr. Holmes you have my familys support if you choose to run for selectman, best of luck to you!

Thank you for your time everyone.

#28 2009-09-24 09:47:29

I wanted to leave a final comment before I get back to some pressing issues:This is me, not Take Back Wareham!

To Andrea Smith- Shame on you. If you want the entire story, please feel free to contact me. To take the word of a known liar and political spin artist is irresponsible.  To publish an editorial that does not include a conversation with the people you are chastising is something we expect from Slager, but I would hope you would make the effort to contact and discuss this with me. My email is larrynliz7259@aim.com. I look forward to hearing from you

To Robert Slager- You have printed numerous lies and spin, but this may be the lowest point for you. To question my concern for seniors is nothing more than a political tactic. Our seniors deserve to have a choice as to what they read. I know from my interaction with seniors, they want local news and not pages of political editorials. Should their needs be ignored? The last I checked, you were not a local paper. You have no office in Wareham and you don't live in Wareham. What makes you any different than the Courier?  I spoke with the person who called the Old Colony Elder Services. I know what the conversation was about. They called to see if another paper could also be delivered. The spokesperson there had no clue that the Wareham Observer was being distributed with Meals on Wheels and was not sure if that was entirely proper. NOwhere in that conversation was the intent to STOP delivery of the Observer. To state otherwise is a lie.

For many months, I have listened to the emails and calls from citizens of Wareham. I've done what I consider my best to bring their concerns into the light so they can be dealt with. For this, I have had to deal with the political agenda and hateful lies of a shill reporter. It is a roll I accepted so that those who fear retribution and bully tactics can be heard. I don't relish the attacks, but I accept them for what they are; trash and sensational reporting.

I won't continue this back and forth with Slager. He has zero credibility and is fracturing the citizens of this great town. I will say that I care a great deal for seniors and anyone who disputes that is lying. It's time we stand up to the Selectmen and their personal mouthpiece (shill reporter).

Slager, what goes around, comes around. Remember that.

Last edited by Larry McDonald (2009-09-24 11:08:41)

#29 2009-09-24 10:14:25

This is to Andrea Smith. Can you get her the message, Bobo?

I don't read your stuff very much. I've had an open mind toward your being associated with the rag (your first mistake). Before you blast us with a stance remarkably similar to Bobo's, you really should get your facts straight.

You're livid? Join the club.

NOBODY ATTEMPTED TO STOP THE CRAPPY RAG FROM BEING DELIVERED, TO PUSH ITS SLANTED VIEWS ON A VULNERABLE SEGMENT OF THE VOTING PUBLIC. WE WANT TO GIVE THEM A REAL PAPER, IN ADDITION TO, THE RAG.

As far as I'm concerned, your credibility just took a MAJOR shot. Are you even a resident of Wareham?

If anyone thinks I'm bashing her too hard, read her article before judging me too harshly.

PShooter

#30 2009-09-24 11:12:34

OK...I just read it.
I have stated in the past that I have known Andrea since we were children.
I think she is misinformed. I think that someone convinced her that we are trying to stop the Observer from being delivered to senior shut-ins that rely on Meals on Wheels, and the delivery of a paper for them to read.
I believe, if Andrea would go back to the posts on this site, no-one is trying to prohibit the distribution of the Observer, we are simply attempting to get those poor shut-ins more newspapers to read.
The elderly love to read newspapers. Most are not web surfers and don't receive most of their information from the web.
All we are saying is to give them more papers to read to entertain and to educate them.
Level the playing field.
Simple.
I give Andrea a mulligan on this.
You only get one.
First time shame on you, second time shame on me.

#31 2009-09-24 11:53:09

THE RAG DOES NOT SELL HE TAKES HIS LEFTOVERS  AND SENDS THEM OUT ON MEELS ON WHEELS , WE JUST WANT TO GET A GOOD PAPER ,WITH TRUTHFUL INFO IN IT AND NOT BRAINWASH THE SENIOR CITZENS , IF THE RAG WAS NOT FILLED WITH LIES THEN WE WOULD NOT CARE AND TO ANDRE YOU WANTED TO STOP THE SHOPPING CENTER, GET A LIFE.

#32 2009-09-24 12:06:17

I believe advertisers don't care if people pay for the paper or not, only that they see their advertising. I believe there is more than one reason for giving the papers away.

#33 2009-09-24 12:11:59

Shame on any paper that doesn't offer to give their papers away to the elderly when asked.
They should be happy to do it, it is good publicity, and it allows them to compete with reading time against the other paper that is being delivered free.
I can't conceive of them saying no.

#34 2009-09-24 19:02:11

ANDREA YOU SHOULD  HAVE STAID IN RETIREMENT AND NOT COME BACK TO THE RAG AND MAKE A FOOL OF YOURSELF , YOU AND I KNOW THAT WE ARE NOT TRYING TO CENSOR WHAT THE SENIORS READ ,BUT GIVE THEM A CHOICE.

#35 2009-09-24 19:15:33

Mr. Gaines, Ms. Smith and Mr. Slager you should all be ashamed of yourselves, all of your actions prove to be actions of senior baiting!   We all want our seniors to take part in our community but when your shoving your opinions down their throats and passing it off as factual, well that is just wrong.  Mr. Gaines if your delivering meals on wheels then do your job,  when that task is done then you may be a paper delivery person.   
One of the threads here listed a new regulation discussing people that have second jobs and conflicts?  Does this apply? Is meals on wheels a town program?  IF so is he delivering papers during a town overseen program?  Maybe someone can better answer this.  Also, just for the record, I am not against the meals on wheels program, maybe Take Back Wareham organizer could get some funds together to help get the seniors books, papers, etc?  Maybe Borders would donate to the cause?

thank you

#36 2009-09-24 19:57:26

I think Old Colony Elder Services may be interested in that little flyer that was delivered with MOW telling them they would lose their meals if the money for the library was approved. That was an outright lie, MOW isn't funded by the town.
These people are sickos and belong in padded rooms.

#37 2009-09-24 21:14:12

I just got home from the CRC and I want to thank all those who posted support. It was truly disheartening to see the twist that was put on a this entire process. What started out as a response a couple of concerned seniors turned into another episode of Bobo lying and wanting to make himself out to be a martyr. I sincerely hope the each of you that interact with the senior citizens spread the truth.

The night beofre this appeared in his gossip rag, he sent an advanced copy with HIS name on it. The next day it appears with Andrea's name on it. It wasn't word for word, but it was the same work. You can conclude from this that either he realizes he is Mr. Zero credibility, or he felt it was more effective coming from Andrea. In either case, it wasn't about the seniors, it was about a political move. Shame on him and I hope Andrea Smith has the courage to contact me and learn the truth. I will leave that window of opportunity open for a short time. Bobo preaches open and meaningful dialogue (just like his shadow group MWF) but he doesn't practice what he preaches.

Enough said about it.

#38 2009-09-24 23:15:11

iliveinazoo wrote:

I think Old Colony Elder Services may be interested in that little flyer that was delivered with MOW telling them they would lose their meals if the money for the library was approved. That was an outright lie, MOW isn't funded by the town.
These people are sickos and belong in padded rooms.

Who actually printed this?  Was it just a one page notice?  Was it inside the rag?  Who's against library funding or was this a diversion tactic?  The Department of Elderly Affairs in Boston should be contacted if anyone has a copy of this flyer to show them.  They do not take lightly ANYTHING that upsets the elderly.  They absolutely refer to this as ABUSE.  Abuse does not have to be physical, according to their standards.  Trying to influence an elderly person to the point of fear, in any way, shape or form is not tolerated.  They will usually follow up on a complaint within 24 hours if bodily harm has occurred and at least  by 48 hrs if it is non physical.  This is sickening and about as low as one can get.

#39 2009-09-25 08:26:22

I have a copy of that letter Born and Zoo. That was part of what spurred the entire episode. This is what I want to stop. It is shameless to use a government program to spread a partisan political message. What makes that flyer more dubious is that it contained lies. This is what we need to STOP. I won't deny that The Wareham Enquirer is 80% political BS, but the flyer was 100% BS! 

This is taking advantage of our senior shut-ins!  I wonder if Bobo would be crowing if this flyer came from the opposition? of course he would! I will post the flyer shortly.

The mere fact that someone allowed this to happen (Old Colony didn't know about it) smacked of political favortism and borders on extortion! Who authorizes what is in those packages?

#40 2009-09-25 08:57:22

The flyer was in PDF format. I have to convert it to put it on here.

#41 2009-09-25 09:28:31

Molly, I wanted to add your post from the other thread here, so I am : )

Molly wrote:

People seem to forget that this is not the first time ragboy has used the seniors in a massive scare tactic. Before the October 08 meeting, Larry Gaines handed out a flier he had composed (and later claimed someone changed what he wrote, but still he handed it out personally--filled with many typos by the way) that said if the town meeting voting to restore some money to the library, the COA budget would be cut. Because he handed it out to the meals on wheels people, the elderly panicked thinking their meals on wheels would be cut. Then ragboy ran a series of articles stating the same thing---that library people hated the elderly and wanted to deprive them etc. One article featured a married couple from coa who accused library supporters of hating the elderly etc. It was very nasty and all lies.

Sanguinet stood up at town meeting and denied that the town had anything to do with the letter sent to the elderly and that meals on wheels was funded by Old Colony and not included in coa budgets. A citizen then made a motion to amend the budget to return some money to the library budget AND return some money to the COA budget. But the anti-library t-shirt wearing people, including many COA people, voted down that amendment.

Ragboy has preyed on the elderly before. It is sad and pathetic. To frighten people like that is despicable. And that IS my opinion.

By the way, I speak from fact. I have the flier and I was at that town meeting.  One of my elderly friends was one of the ones who panicked. I will never forget the incident.

PShooter

#43 2009-09-25 10:26:18

Thanks for the post Pshooter! :)  I feel much better now that all of this is coming out!

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com