#1 2009-09-22 00:45:37

the website now has a statement up....

www.movewarehamforward.com

#2 2009-09-22 00:59:39

"This web page will be developed over the next several months. We look forward to working with you."

---What a joke. They talk about informing people about Town Meeting, and wrap it up with this. Hellooooo. TM is a MONTH away.

Bobo, not much in the way of content on your "informational" site, or debate, for that matter. You have a little catching up to do. Take your time, but don't take too long. We all need a few good laughs.

DOLT

PShooter

#3 2009-09-22 02:31:29

I wouldn't assume this is Mr. Slager.  First of all we know he doesn't write that well.  Second, we know he's admittedly the "Ring Master" to dividing Wareham.

This effort to bring people together isn't in his thinking.  He has based his survival on controversy, which has finally caught up with him.  Fabrication doesn't work when good people know the truth.

We should all join this "forward" effort as it exactly what we all want.  Get rid of the leaders and change the direction we're headed.  I'm in.

#4 2009-09-22 03:15:47

me brady when will your next meeting take placeand where will it take place.

#5 2009-09-22 03:32:35

bbrady wrote:

I wouldn't assume this is Mr. Slager.  First of all we know he doesn't write that well.  Second, we know he's admittedly the "Ring Master" to dividing Wareham.

This effort to bring people together isn't in his thinking.  He has based his survival on controversy, which has finally caught up with him.  Fabrication doesn't work when good people know the truth.

We should all join this "forward" effort as it exactly what we all want.  Get rid of the leaders and change the direction we're headed.  I'm in.

Maybe you're right. I hope you're right. If Bobo's on board, my instinct is to abandon ship. I'm behind any positive moves to bring this town together. I appreciate my more level headed friends, who attempt to guide me through turbulent waters. Thanks Bob.

PShooter

#6 2009-09-22 08:02:44

This is the most pathetic display I've ever seen.  A Wareham group with a Halifax spokesman. A web address registered to a person in California. An "all-inclusive" group that formed with a secret meeting in an undisclosed location, no announcement of it until after it happens.  Over a week or so since it has been announced and no Wareham citizen will claim any involvement with it. 

If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's a duck.  And this is looking and acting more and more like a Board of Selectmen front group.

Now it throws up an unsigned statement on its website and still refuses to announce who its members are.  Could it be because it is the same tired old group of BOS flunkies?

This group wants to raise the level of the public debate?  They should start by calling for Bobo the Hater's resignation for his biased, one-sided and hateful coverage.  Instead of doing that, they made the most polarizing person around their group spokesman - the ONLY person that has spoken up for the group thus far.  The exact moment when that trash peddling Ragman resigns is the day that Wareham starts to heal.

A pathetically sad and transparent attempt to start a rival to "Take Back Wareham.  They obviously can't find anyone willing to stand up and support the selectmen's stupidity, and who can blame them?  No one in their right mind would.

A Wareham group with a Halifax spokesman and not one Wareham resident in all this time will stand up and claim it.  Pathetic.

#7 2009-09-22 08:40:19

Considering the magnitude of many of the issues facing this town, it is critical that we receive as much factual and accurate information about the issues as we can without having the information obscured by personal attacks, personal wars, or because of personal causes.

This is what we have started with the neighborhood meetings. The key here is factual and accurate information. It would help to know who is behind this effort. They are certainly welcome to join in with Take Back Wareham. We seem to share the same goals and ideas. Of course, if they people behind this site are the Selectmen, we can assume the part about personal causes, attacks, and wars is a misprint.

Maybe Paul Shooter can come to one our meetings to show us the famous baseball bat? It reminds me of Buford Pusser. Walking Tall is born in Wareham!

#8 2009-09-22 08:43:31

This is likely the same group that started the now defunct Community Arts for Action or something like that. They were supposed to bring the town together and raise lots of money for the library. One should ask them "how did that work out for ya?" This was the group of t-shirt wearing selectmen flunkies. It also sounds like the Weasel has had some influence in the authoring of this web site announcement. She will stop at nothing.

#9 2009-09-22 08:53:45

If you consider how they popped up after Take Back Wareham was born, you have to consider the reason behind that. If the Selectmen wanted to confuse citizens, why not start a group that mirrored the goals of TBW? If they can divide and confuse, this would be the perfect way to do it. Instead of ONE group growing, you now have a competing group that is similar, but controlled by the people who truly aren't wanting change.

A very wise lady in this community told me that in order for us to look to the future, we must first stop the downslide. After that, we can start building for the future. While I support the idea of moving Wareham forward, we need to eliminate the rogue element that is controlling this town first. so......

Take Back Wareham...then.....Move Wareham Forward.....

Somebody is trying to put the cart before the horse....

#10 2009-09-22 09:28:30

They can "talk the talk", but can they, "walk the  walk."?

I'm going to stick with the hunch I tossed out yesterday on another thread.  These are people dissafected by the leadership of the WDTC, but not enough to defect to the group they have been brain washed to despise.

With regard to the question, How should  TBC react?, I'd  side with Bob Brady to the extent of at least meeting them half way. We wouldn't want history to show  a, "Ready, Fire!, Aim", reaction.

But they must turn into real people . They've gone as far as they can go electronically.

Having said that , there's a lot about this that makes me skeptical.   The person who wrote that is  more concerned about the writings of,say, "Molly"and "Mature Voter", than they are with the posts with an occasional "cuss word".

I think it was Churchill who said, "It is wise to be skeptical in the beginning to avoid being cynical later on."

It's going to be fun watching this unfold, and if it doesn't unfold soon, we'll know it'd just Trojan Horse attempt to outsmart  and discredit us, because what they profess to want is exactly what we have talking about  on this site. 

So....How about a delegation from this site offering to meet them in a "neutral corner" ASAP?
I'll volunteer, and I'll bet Larry, Steve,and Bob, and Cara  would jump at the chance to meet up with Michael Schnieder, Alan Slavin, Tom Monahan, and Leie Carmody at a watering hole of their choice.

#11 2009-09-22 09:43:56

Count me in.....Of course, it would be my pleasure!

#12 2009-09-22 10:37:06

I'm in, I will attempt to set it up if you would like.

Steve

#13 2009-09-22 10:37:38

Let's send them an invite and see if they truly want open dialogue and have the best interest of Wareham in their hearts.

#14 2009-09-22 10:48:35

Steve: Go for it!

#15 2009-09-22 11:26:35

The question is: you are you going to contact?

#16 2009-09-22 11:42:51

I would hope it's the people behind the organization. It appears, from their website, they share the same goals as Take Back Wareham. If that is the case, this should be a productive meeting. IN the end, this is about making Wareham a better place for us and for future generations.

I'm waffling on whether to wear flip flops or not. It is fall now. Suggestions?

#17 2009-09-22 11:53:25

Dan: I guess the drill would be to have Steve make a meeting offer through the e-mail address  at the bottom of their preamble.....Then the ball is in their court.  We should probably have an agenda and "rules of engagement", and a resolve on our part to let them lead off the first inning. When our turn comes we wouldn't attack what they said right off....just calmly ask them the questions they didn't address in their presentation.
There's a hint in their preamble that their strategy is to drag their feet to get past the TM hurdle...We must not allow that.  They've got to play ball now.

#18 2009-09-22 12:08:23

I would also suggest that this is a Wareham meeting, not a meeting for outsiders. On that note, this has nothing to do with Bobo. he is a resident of halifax and not Wareham. If these citizens want to Move Wareham Forward, then we should all be residents of the town. Our position has been clearly idenitified, so I would like to know their position on issues. If we have a match, great! If not, we could use their mantra of open honest dialogue to see if we can come to an agreement.

In my opinion, the two basic concepts of Take Back Wareham and Move Wareham Forward have continuity. While we have clearly defined our stance, we need their input to understand their position.

#19 2009-09-22 12:14:49

Best of luck.
You are reaching out with dignity and respect.
Let's see what you get back for an answer.

#20 2009-09-22 13:18:04

Larry McDonald wrote:

I would also suggest that this is a Wareham meeting, not a meeting for outsiders. On that note, this has nothing to do with Bobo. he is a resident of halifax and not Wareham. If these citizens want to Move Wareham Forward, then we should all be residents of the town.

If Paul Shooter would like to attend, I'll join in, if you want. It could be both of our "coming out" parties. What do you think, Bobo shows up with a wig, big nose & glasses? Maybe a fake Bobo Shooter fill-in. That's how much I trust these guys.

Seriously though, I totally support the idea of suggesting a meeting. I doubt it will come to fruition (not your fault). It'll end up being the latest example of why the thoughtful, considerate people from this site are the ones citizens of Wareham should be listening to and wanting to work with.

PShooter

#21 2009-09-22 13:25:41

Amen!!

#22 2009-09-22 13:39:26

Paul Shooter is in California with Paul Coyne visiting the Schneider fellow from California.

My personal feeling is that Bobo has no place at this meeting. This is about Wareham, not Halifax. The residents of this town should be solving the problems of Wareham.

#23 2009-09-22 18:30:58

No  media ...no Bobo.

#24 2009-09-22 19:14:55

Can I bring a secret recorder pen? :)

#25 2009-09-22 19:19:26

Rip Dinkle will cover it for us!!

#26 2009-09-22 19:38:06

Rip has been busy preparing for a new family member. He will be back!

#27 2009-09-22 23:15:27

Copy, pass it out, forward in emails....

Open Letter to the Citizens of Wareham

PShooter

#28 2009-09-23 02:24:58

PShooter wrote:

PShooter

hey man this link doesnt work for me anyways...

#29 2009-09-23 07:42:35

Hey, did any Wareham people claim this group yet?  Hello, Wareham members of an alleged Wareham group, are you out there?  Why did you pick the most polarizing hater around to be the spokesman of a group that is allegedly for raising the level of the public debate?  Picking a spokesman that's a) not from Wareham and b) is responsible for flushing the public debate down the toilet doesn't seem like the best choice. 

Come on, stop hiding under Bobo's skirt.  One of you guys might have to talk without the help of your loyal mouthpiece one of these days.

#30 2009-09-23 07:56:55

LIZdaGNOME wrote:

hey man this link doesnt work for me anyways...

Liz, try it now, I think I fixed it. Let me know, thanks.

PShooter

#31 2009-09-23 08:01:08

awww yes the link works now..

#32 2009-09-23 10:04:14

PShooter wrote:

PShooter

Awesome job! This is a good letter to pass out during neighborhood meetings :)

#33 2009-09-23 10:07:13

Hamatron5000 wrote:

Hey, did any Wareham people claim this group yet?  Hello, Wareham members of an alleged Wareham group, are you out there?  Why did you pick the most polarizing hater around to be the spokesman of a group that is allegedly for raising the level of the public debate?  Picking a spokesman that's a) not from Wareham and b) is responsible for flushing the public debate down the toilet doesn't seem like the best choice. 

Come on, stop hiding under Bobo's skirt.  One of you guys might have to talk without the help of your loyal mouthpiece one of these days.

Ham,
A request for a meeting has been sent to the email address listed on the website. Steve Holmes sent the letter. I guess we will find out a few things from this request:
1. If they are truly interested in open honest dialogue
2. Who is interested in meeting and working together with Take Back Wareham
3. IF this is truly a Wareham organization.

They ball is in their court.

#34 2009-09-23 10:29:30

You don't suppose they are trying to  build trust  to get our people  who are using "pen-names" to reveal their e-mail addresses do you?  Shame on me for being suspicious.

#35 2009-09-23 10:30:44

It's always in their court...and they have NEVER responded yet.
Don't hold your breath.
They are not your friends, they are not interested in establishing a dialogue, they are only interested in destroying you and your TAKE BACK WAREHAM organization.
They will raise a lot of money and spend a lot of time to end your influence.
Don't EVER underestimate them.
They will do anything to win, and they will say that you are the negative forces and they are the good guys.
Remember what cockroaches do when the lights are flipped on.
You will never hear from them.
Just...get the can of Raid!
At the same time, you have proven that you are the better persons for reaching out to them.
Be proud of that.
Once this passes, learn not to waste your time anymore.
They would love to fracture you and take away important time working on the Town Meeting to focus on them.
Ignore them.
Work hard.
Do exactly as you are doing..you will WIN...and...you will TAKE BACK WAREHAM!
Just my opinion, of course. :)

#36 2009-09-23 10:41:21

I'll try to hold back further criticism then until they respond to the request.  I just have a hard time believing that a group that aligns itself with Bobo "I'm the Ringmaster of this Weekly Circus" Shooter could ever really give a crap about elevating the public debate. 

You're all doing the right thing by extending an olive branch.  My gut tells me they'll smack it away, but maybe they'll prove me wrong.  We'll see.

#37 2009-09-23 11:16:46

They are in a very critical position. IF they don't respond, they lose credibility. They know people read this site. If they do respond and decline the invitation, they lose credibility. If that is the case, they will twist and spin, but they KNOW they lose.

Basically, they put themselves out there as the voice of reason, so they either have to prove it or lose credibility.

Ain't life grand?

#38 2009-09-23 11:17:24

Oh, just a quick note on another subject.

Anyone know where I can get a bunch of old newspapers? :)

And for his crystal ball BS, she knows the difference, the question is, do you??????

Last edited by Larry McDonald (2009-09-23 11:18:15)

#39 2009-09-23 11:33:45

We were right to respond ,but  as each hour  passes without even a, "Thanks..We'll get back soon," it's becoming more like yet another diversionary tactic by Bobo.   Perhaps his game plan was to have us reject it  arbitrarily so that he could accuse us of being rash and unwilling to listen to reasonable  arguments from decent, blah,blah, people.

Another clue is the misspelling of the possessive form for "it".  It should be "its", not "it's". Bobo does it all the time. The other clue was the deliberate absence of any sense of urgency: "Over the course of the next few months..."  (Read : "I don't where in hell this scheme I've thought up is going, but give me a while and I'll think of something.)

Prediction: In a few days he'll be pontifcating on that site with his own version of The Truth in response to the  phony letters he is at this moment writing to himself.

I say let  him continue  his latest journalistic venture : "Phoney Facts From Halifax."..We need to get back to work .

#40 2009-09-23 12:39:03

Excellent call Mr. Wheeler!  After receiving our letter, he scratched his head, pulled out his sock puppet Paul Shooter, and started talking to it. Believe me, when we receive no response or the obvious "decline", I will make sure that people in this town know about it.

#41 2009-09-23 12:46:14

Dick Wheeler wrote:

We were right to respond ,but  as each hour  passes without even a, "Thanks..We'll get back soon," it's becoming more like yet another diversionary tactic by Bobo.   Perhaps his game plan was to have us reject it  arbitrarily so that he could accuse us of being rash and unwilling to listen to reasonable  arguments from decent, blah,blah, people.

I was thinking this too. I bet "whoever it is" (pssst, it's Bobo), didn't count on us being the largest influx of new blood to start their worthy endeavor. Haven't we been trying to shout from the rooftops "Hey! We want a better Wareham, and are willing to go to great lengths to get it", even if that means working with people who have shown at every turn, that they talk the talk, but don't ...you know the rest.

Rhetoric & Diversion

PShooter

#42 2009-09-23 12:55:38

I'm sure he has a few followers. It's the same ones who frequent his pay site. But like his pay site, he is moderating this :)

#43 2009-09-23 19:21:28

Hamatron5000 wrote:

You're all doing the right thing by extending an olive branch.  My gut tells me they'll smack it away, but maybe they'll prove me wrong.  We'll see.

People, did I call it or did I call it?  Look to Bobo's latest update to his column and you'll see all kinds of foolishness that you're all trying to "undermine" the group and "trying to meet with your own agenda and under your own terms" etc.

You asked.  You got your answer.  Where did your answer come from?  Did it come from a Wareham resident?  No.  It came from a Halifax resident who, for some strange reason, thinks that he is the boss of Wareham.

I always figured this was nothing but a bunch of Bobo bullshit.  I gave him the benefit of the doubt, not because he deserved it, but because I figured he'd be able to save face by mobilizing a lackey or two from the tin foil hat squad to claim the group. 

He couldn't even do that.  No surprise, he couldn't find another protester other than Mr. Moderator at the community meeting this summer.

Pathetic.  What a total embarrassment. 

Always beware when Bobo starts talking about anonymous Wareham residents and un-named people talking to him. 

Bobo, you are truly an idiot.

Bobo, you are not a Wareham resident.  You own no property in Wareham.  You don't even have an office in Wareham anymore.  Other than your big obnoxious mouth full of opinions on things that have absolutely nothing to do with you, you have no connection to Wareham at all.  You trying to start a Wareham group because "Take Back Wareham" has you scared is the most pathetic thing I've ever seen, and for a man as pathetic as you, that's saying alot.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-09-23 19:22:06)

#44 2009-09-23 20:20:40

I apologize to you Hambone. I guess their claims of "open dialogue and discussion" was just a fart in the wind. No one from here demanded a meeting, we asked for a meeting. We were going into the meeting hoping to work with Wareham residents, but alas, there appears to be a non-resident calling the shots. It's a shame.

So, Halifax resident running "move wareham forward" sums it up. Meanwhile, we are gaining support and getting the TRUTH out to the citizens. Life is good!

#45 2009-09-23 21:42:19

Larry, did you/Steve/whoever sent the email hear back from them?  Did they decline the invitation, or have they just not responded?

#46 2009-09-23 21:47:19

No response unless you count the response from Bobo in his online blog.

#47 2009-09-23 22:05:38

Ahhh - in that case, are you going to forward the signed letter to Slager, for inclusion in tomorrow's paper? :)

#48 2009-09-23 22:14:05

Steve wrote the email. I would hope he kept a copy.

#49 2009-09-23 23:16:12

Think "snake". ....

Down where our invaluable Dan lives you will hear an old time Floridian say,"You know...If you run over a snake with your pickup truck in the morning on your way to work, that sumbitch is gonna be still wiggling when you drive  home that night. They don't die  'til the sun goes down."

Out West you'll hear an old ranch hand say,"When you cut off the head of a rattler you  better be damn careful of that head! Those bastards can bite you after  you've killed them!

All by way of saying that Slager has a talent usually found only in reptiles: "Kill 'em and they keep coming at you until the sun goes down."  The bad news is that although Slager is "dead"  he's  still biting. The good news is that there "ain't no way" he can stop the sun from setting.

Let's all enjoy the most beautiful sunset of our lives....

#50 2009-09-23 23:24:24

Dick Wheeler wrote:

All by way of saying that Slager has a talent usually found only in reptiles: "Kill 'em and they keep coming at you until the sun goes down."  The bad news is that although Slager is "dead"  he's  still biting. The good news is that there "ain't no way" he can stop the sun from setting.

Reptiles & the Black Knight, "Holy Grail"

PShooter

Last edited by PShooter (2009-09-23 23:26:24)

#51 2009-09-24 00:02:25

You got it!!  That's our man!   Many thanks

#52 2009-09-24 07:38:58

Larry,

No need to apologize because I still think you all did the right thing by extending an olive branch.  It turns out that there was no one to even accept it because this group is obviously just a figment of Bobo's overactive imagination.

I always thought Bobo was behind this, but I also gave him too much credit and thought he'd be able to muster up a lackey or two from the tin foil hat squad to claim the group.  He couldn't even do that, just like he couldn't get any protesters other than Mr. Moderator in his track shorts.

No need to apologize because this whole thing has provided us with some good intel.  We can deduce from this that a) the selectmen and their cronies apparently are rattled by "Take Back Wareham's" success.  b) Their own organization is in such a shambles that they can't find a single Wareham resident that will speak up in favor of creating a group to support them.

How else would we have known for sure unless you all reached out?

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-09-24 07:39:48)

#53 2009-09-24 20:10:12

Dick Wheeler wrote:

You don't suppose they are trying to  build trust  to get our people  who are using "pen-names" to reveal their e-mail addresses do you?  Shame on me for being suspicious.

Mr. Wheeler:
I think most of the people you listed post under their own names or have identified themselves already (Steve). Although I agree with you, they are obsessed with finding out who is behind the screen names!

#54 2009-09-24 22:18:57

Okay, I started my searching again (I should have been a detective) and I don't know how much anyone knows about move wareham forward.  I just went on yahoo and searched MWF.  There were 4 options & I looked at them all.

observer media
Home of the Wareham & Tri-town Observer
...it's own web site WWW.MOVEWAREHAMFORWARD.COM which is currently under construction...

Whois Source, Whois Record
MoveWarehamForward.com                created:  9-16-09
reg.date:  9-16-09                            expiry date: 9-10-11
organisation name: Joseph Schneider, P.O. Box 61359, Sunnyvale, CA.,94088
admin. name: private registration contact, P.O. Box 61359
admin. email: contact @myprivateregistration.com
phone # 510-595-2002

About Us Wiki Page
MoveWareHamForward.com  on line 826  (I did not misspell WareHam)

Yahoo-2009 NSSPY.org
moveWarehamforward.com 
new registrations on yahoo.com for 9-17-09
dailychanges.com by Domain Tools.com
(line 826 brings you to Domain Tools)
movewarehamforward.com
Joseph Schneider owns about 37 other domains
email search is associated with about 713,737 domains

Just to let Larry, Liz, Bob and Dan know...............I did not email anyone!!!

So, I guess the web site is belonging to Slager.    Here is the Sunnyvale, CA address and another Schneider.  I would feel bad if some Wareham citizens really want change and due to Slager they aren't allowed to meet with TBW.
Something really smells bad.

#55 2009-09-24 23:25:52

Way to go b.o.w., your a regular Grissom from CSI. I can only intrepret a little techy babble (Cas, help). But, it looks a little like we're seeing names turn up repeatedly, and they're all associated with someone from Halifax. See what fingerprints pop up when you shine a little UV light on them.

PShooter

#56 2009-09-24 23:41:12

PShooter wrote:

Way to go b.o.w., your a regular Grissom from CSI. I can only intrepret a little techy babble (Cas, help). But, it looks a little like we're seeing names turn up repeatedly, and they're all associated with someone from Halifax. See what fingerprints pop up when you shine a little UV light on them.

PShooter

One of my favorite shows.  I'm not sure of the tech babble either. Obviously if you want to contact this person, you have to go thru a private site or such.  It basically tells when it was started, etc. and Slager's name, again, is not listed, but the site is claimed by the observer.  BillW seems computer literate, too.

#57 2009-09-25 07:51:16

Dick:
I am happy to meet or talk with anyone, whether we agree or not! I think it is sad that this effort has turned into this. While I am just recently back from vacation and do not have the time to read through all the threads, it seems that getting together for coffee or a beer isn't unreasonable. I'm in if anyone is able to get something together.

#58 2009-09-25 09:03:59

Unfortunately, it is unreasonable from their standpoint. This is no different than Bob Brady reaching out to the Schneider person to sit down over coffee to discuss issues. The effort is met with either denial or accusations. There is no open or honest dialogue, that was just what we were supposed to believe.
As Casual says, it would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

#59 2009-09-25 09:15:37

This is odd.  I just tried to check out movewarehamforward.com, and my filtering software at work blocked it:

Security risk blocked for your protection
Reason: This Websense category is filtered: Potentially Damaging Content. Sites in this category may pose a security threat to network resources or private information, and are blocked by your organization.

URL:
http://movewarehamforward.com/

Has anybody else had this problem?  Is this movewarehamforward group trying to install viruses on our computers?  For all the hope I had in this group originally, it's looking shiftier and shiftier by the day

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com