#1 2009-09-16 11:27:59

I know Casual is going to put together an analysis of Bobo's latest pack of lies, but I really want to address the following statement

Much like Brady, the hate bloggers do not want debate. They do not seek responsible, respectful dialogue. They will shamelessly attack anyone who dares to offer a different viewpoint than their own.

This is irresponsible at best. I can show you emails where I have sought out respectful dialogue with our Selectmen only to be shamelessly attack. I have also experienced firsthand what it's like to be told by a Selectmen, "I don't care what you think" on live tv. If that doesn't fly in the face of Bobo's claims, nothing does.

If you want to know about shameless attacks, ask Bobo about his policy for attacking anyone who opposes the Selectmen. If you want references, try Cara Winslow, Steve Holmes, Bob Brady, Dick Wheeler, Steve Urbon, and MANY MANY others.

It leaves me in shock to read about how we are hate bloggers and the tactics we use when the person making the claims is guilty of the same tactics. Does he consider himself a hate blogger? No, he thinks he stands for truth???? It would be funny if it wasn't so sad...(sorry Cas)

Yes, we offer a different point of view than the Selectmen and have been shamelessly attacked by Bobo.

I want to make this clear. I do not hate the Selectmen or Bobo. I dislike many things they have done and continue to do, but hate is not the appropriate term. I want responsible government!  I want good honest elected officials with integrity and the skills to lead this town. I do NOT want elected officials who destroy moral, promote their personal agenda over the best interests of the town, make unwarranted comments to private citizens in a public forum, and allow racial baiting by the town moderator and BObo without coming out against it. I absolutely dislike the lies that have been published by Bobo, but I do not hate him.

As we move closer to TM and then on to the election, we have to keep in the back of our mind that the same tactics that we are accused of are the same tactics employed by this group every day. It has cost them support (see the number of papers left on the shelf Bobo?) and will cost them their jobs in the end.

Last edited by Larry McDonald (2009-09-16 12:09:19)

#2 2009-09-16 12:26:40

Did i hear correctly that the 5 or 6  municipal maintenance employees layed off is saving the town ONLY 175,000?

Isnt that  # about 1/2 of legal fees incurred so far this year by bos,  And they are on tv saying sue us?

Isnt that the # that some are projecting to the computer audit ,                                                                                  which would have been done for free by DA or Ag if it had a real criminal component to is.

side note; was it necessary for Selectman Cronan  to throw his little dig in that these people choose losing their job instead of furlows.  Would he in the private sector take a pay reduction after signing a contract just because the customer was not responsible in the manner they conducted their business.

So once again it is the poor slob making 15 bucks an hour who is responsible for their own demise, while the bos spends 100s of thousands for legal advice that they continually ignore.

does this make me a hate blogger or just reasonable ????

Last edited by sorry not rich (2009-09-16 12:27:38)

#3 2009-09-16 12:27:00

After the lie was exposed, Mr. McDonald wrote that Elizabeth deserved it anyway.

This is what I wrote that he is commenting on:

'#16 Yesterday 10:39:58
Larry McDonald
It is okay to feel sorry for people, but I agree with Sorry not rich, you reap what you sow.

I can honestly say I have only encountered this woman at Selectmen meetings and truly have no idea where Bobo can make a claim that she deserved it. I was agreeing with another poster that you reap what you sow. ?????? Of course, this is another example of Bobo and his lack of comprehension skills. I often wonder how he has even made a living as a journalist. You would think they have basic comprehension skills? Nope, this man has zero!

Zero Credibility
Zero Comprehension
Zero Supporters
Zero Predictions that have come true
=
Zero papers sold!

Last edited by Larry McDonald (2009-09-16 12:38:25)

#4 2009-09-16 12:47:40

Sorry Not Rich,
I caught Cronan's dig about Not talking the furlough. I also caught him saying that Muni Maint needs bodies and help. That left me scratching my head?????

You won't hear a word about the legal fees because it paints them in a bad light.

We are hate bloggers because we do not share the current Selectmen's agenda, but it sounds reasonable to me to question their statements!

#5 2009-09-16 17:32:15

Larry McDonald wrote:

I know Casual is going to put together an analysis of Bobo's latest pack of lies, but I really want to address the following statement

Much like Brady, the hate bloggers do not want debate. They do not seek responsible, respectful dialogue. They will shamelessly attack anyone who dares to offer a different viewpoint than their own.

This is irresponsible at best. I can show you emails where I have sought out respectful dialogue with our Selectmen only to be shamelessly attack. I have also experienced firsthand what it's like to be told by a Selectmen, "I don't care what you think" on live tv. If that doesn't fly in the face of Bobo's claims, nothing does.

If you want to know about shameless attacks, ask Bobo about his policy for attacking anyone who opposes the Selectmen. If you want references, try Cara Winslow, Steve Holmes, Bob Brady, Dick Wheeler, Steve Urbon, and MANY MANY others.

It leaves me in shock to read about how we are hate bloggers and the tactics we use when the person making the claims is guilty of the same tactics. Does he consider himself a hate blogger? No, he thinks he stands for truth???? It would be funny if it wasn't so sad...(sorry Cas)

Yes, we offer a different point of view than the Selectmen and have been shamelessly attacked by Bobo.

I want to make this clear. I do not hate the Selectmen or Bobo. I dislike many things they have done and continue to do, but hate is not the appropriate term. I want responsible government!  I want good honest elected officials with integrity and the skills to lead this town. I do NOT want elected officials who destroy moral, promote their personal agenda over the best interests of the town, make unwarranted comments to private citizens in a public forum, and allow racial baiting by the town moderator and BObo without coming out against it. I absolutely dislike the lies that have been published by Bobo, but I do not hate him.

As we move closer to TM and then on to the election, we have to keep in the back of our mind that the same tactics that we are accused of are the same tactics employed by this group every day. It has cost them support (see the number of papers left on the shelf Bobo?) and will cost them their jobs in the end.

A round of applause for Larry, please.   Again, speaking for the "moral" majority of Wareham's taxpayers and voters.

#6 2009-09-16 21:38:56

Thank  you Born. What I learned tonight is there are several more people joining the moral majority and speaking up! Take Back Wareham is growing!

I want to thank Bob Brady, Dick Wheeler (and his lovely wife), Steve Holmes, my lovely wife (who modeled the awesome shirt), and many others who voiced their opinions! It makes me proud to be part of a grassroots effort to bring change to Wareham!

#7 2009-09-16 22:25:58

Question
who is better for the town ?
who to vote for ?
your agenda needs support .
the bos has its followers .
can you overcome that ?
think before you hate .

#8 2009-09-16 22:28:00

onset ma wrote:

Question
who to vote for ?
can you overcome that ?
think before you hate .

who is "hating"?

#9 2009-09-16 22:53:26

well who is better for the town ?
i`ve heard nothing ,
the agenda of new prospects ?
we all know they will tell you ,
what you want to here ,
then screw you over.
anyone  you know,
a real person.
for people like me ?
or just the power elite ?
shall i quote Gorge bush Sr.
read my lips no new taxes .
Wareham is screwed .

#10 2009-09-16 23:08:31

onset ma wrote:

Question
who to vote for ?
can you overcome that ?
think before you hate .

Wow, Onset - "think before you hate"? 
First, we don't know who will be running in the election, yet.  Some have said yes or hinted about running, but the rest of the town hasn't been heard from.   Who to vote for will be decided by what the candidates have to offer, such as Intelligence, common sense (no, not you commonsense), knowledge of town affairs, budgeting and someone who has no agenda or ax to grind.  I know a lot of senior citizens do not have computers and some have no knowledge of this site, but people are sick of reading about and hearing that Wareham's BOS and ITA are costing the town all this money.  A lot of them watch the selectmen's meetings and I can tell you that they are livid.      The BOS probably does have their little group of followers, but I think at this point they are the minority.    We need to be firm in what we believe is in the best interest of Wareham.  I think most people I read blogs from, are certain of the changes that need to be made.  Exactly how to carry them out will depend a lot on town meeting.  I think the town will be very supportive of a new selectman who wants good changes and who will be open about everything going on in the town hall - no secrets - no lies.

I'm not sure about your comment, "think before you hate".  I personally don't hate anyone.  Angry, upset - yes.  I do hate the fact that Wareham is being run by incompetent people.  I do hate the way a particular weekly paper has turned peoples words around and the false accusations made by it.  I do hate the idea of an IPC running the police department instead of Lt. Wallace.  So, yes I guess I hate "things", but they can all be fixed down the road, hopefully.
Hate is a strong word to use about anyone.

#11 2009-09-16 23:16:28

onset ma wrote:

Somebody help me. I've been following along pretty closely, but I still have NO idea who this refers to. Certainly not me, or any of the good people I've met through here. There really ought to be some definitions for us.

onset ma, maybe you can tell me what it means, since you used it.

Maybe you should run for Selectman, you sound very discontented. Be a part of a change, in which yours is a voice that will be allowed to be heard.

I'm sure we all respect any individuals choice to announce if/when they decide to run.

PShooter

#12 2009-09-17 08:17:37

onset ma wrote:

well who is better for the town ?
i`ve heard nothing ,
the agenda of new prospects ?
we all know they will tell you ,
what you want to here ,
then screw you over.
anyone  you know,
a real person.
for people like me ?
shall i quote Gorge bush Sr.
read my lips no new taxes .
Wareham is screwed .

You need to pay attention Onset. First, let me quote Bruce Sauvageau, "I don't care what you have to say"...I'm  not sure what you are looking for in a candidate, but I've stated what Take Back Wareham is looking for in a candidate, so I suggest you read. If you want hate, I'll send you copies of the emails from Bruce Sauvageau and refer you to the biggest hate blogger there is, Bobo the newspaper boy.

At this point, Wareham is screwed. We have endured legal expenses that approach 400k and already look to meet that again in this fiscal year. We are running a town with skeleton crew of employees. We have a CRC that isn't reviewing the charter, they are trying to change the governmental structure. I know of 3 people who have a great deal of charter knowledge and interviewed for the CRC and were not asked to be on it. I bet you are going to ask why? That question is for the current Selectmen. Power elite is a term you need to associate with the current elected officials, not with the people of Take Back Wareham.

I'm not sure what "people like me" is. If you can elaborate and explain a bit more about what "people like me" is, then I can at least attempt to answer your question. If you would like to sit down and discuss this in person, I will certainly accomodate that! Just drop me a private message and we can go from there. Otherwise, you are just blowing smoke :)

#13 2009-09-17 09:10:58

Onsetma...Pinky...same person?

#14 2009-09-17 09:21:56

Must be...off the wall, bouncing around like a superball.

#15 2009-09-17 20:20:41

Ever heard the grass is always greener .on the other side of the fence ?

#16 2009-09-17 20:37:26

onset ma wrote:

Ever heard the grass is always greener .on the other side of the fence ?

Yeah, how does that apply here? The grass is greener right here. Like all your other recent posts, I ask myself, huh?????

Are you interested in TRYING to see things from our perpective, or is your intention to "bash" us (which you accused us of doing). If you're really interested in becoming a part of the change that's happening, then welcome.

If not, please state your meanings more clearly. I find your posts vague, negative and lacking anything that'll lead to a better Wareham. Are you just resigned to the fact that, "Wareham's screwed", as you stated in a previous post, and content to sit back and watch it happen?

I hope you join in making Wareham a place where responsible leadership (and journalism) is expected, and community is a reality, not just an idea.

PShooter

Last edited by PShooter (2009-09-17 20:38:16)

#17 2009-09-17 20:42:03

I sure have. What does that have to do with this?

Have you ever heard the old expression, "never get into a battle of wits with the witless? It's like talking to a superball. Seriously, if you have something to say, please say it. If all we are going to do is listen to you toss out coded statements, then let's just agree you have nothing to add or debate?

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com