#1 2009-09-13 11:08:42

There has been considerable speculation as to whether Paul Shooter is a real person or whether his columns are being written by Robert Slager.

I can understand  Slager feeling honor bound to keep Shooter's identity confidential.

However he is being accused of something no responsible journalist should ignore.

Here's a way he can resolve this issue and still not reveal the identity of his anonymous columnist.

He and Paul Shooter can go to a lawyer who would sign a notarized affidavit attesting to the fact they are two people and that Shooter would swear he wrote all the columns.

#2 2009-09-13 11:27:21

Yes. I know a good lawyer he can go to: Mr. I. Gotem Good, Esq.

#3 2009-09-13 11:37:06

Neighbor, that's not good because a) he could find a crooked lawyer to lie for him or b) he could trick a lawyer and get any old sap to go with him to a lawyer's office and say he is Paul Shooter and c) no lawyer is going to be bothered with such tomfoolery that if he did find one to do that I'd be skeptical.

Conclusive proof would be a news article or other concrete evidence showing that a Paul Shooter died in a car accident in recent years.  Usually, when a person dies in a car accident, that will make the papers, the local papers at least.  No one has been able to find that in months, Bobo could have blown us out of the water by now by providing it and he hasn't. 

He's already done something no responsible journalist would do - newspapers do not have "pen names."  Fiction writers have pen names because who cares, it's fiction.  Newspapers have real people who use their real names. 

Have you ever seen the Wall Street Journal or the New York Times with a Joe Shooter or a Fred Shooter?

#4 2009-09-13 12:05:28

I thought of that, Ham. But whoever went and swore under oath that he wrote the columns could be held to account for lying if it came out that Slager or someone else was the real author of the columns.

At least this would be something.

Not finding a record of a Paul Shooter who died doesn't prove it didn't happen. It may not be in online archives.

We could add to the challenge that those records, which would be in the archives of some newspaper somewhere, be provided.

Libraries keep old newspapers and no matter where it was, they would be happy to send a copy of the obituary.

Any other ideas how we could suggest to Slager that he prove Paul Shooter is real?

#5 2009-09-13 12:12:58

There would be some type of concrete proof that a Paul Shooter died in a car accident in recent years that he could have provided by now.

Also:

1) Who the hell honors a friend by using their name to write about past experiences with fist fights and cocaine?  Show us where in Paul Shooter's will does it say "Please honor me by using my name to write a controversial column in a shitty paper."  Only Bobo would think that is realistic.

2)  He claims Paul Shooter is a CBW insider, a double-agent.  All of the CBW people are 50+ years old, on average.  They wouldn't have spotted a 20 year old reformed ex-drug user and fist fighter in their midst by now?  Again, classic Bobo.  He's read too many stories and watched too many movies - like Secret Window.

#6 2009-09-13 12:19:11

Personally,
I really don't care anymore about paul shooter or Slager...whether it's another personality or a real person, who cares??? Slager is almost finished in Wareham. He wants to go out a martyr, so why should we help that? Let's just accept he has lied, contradicted himself, and destroyed his own paper with his lack of integrity. We are aware he reads this site 24/7 (5 second response to anything written here) so we can conclude he spends no time with his family.  He serves no purpose other than to make fun of and laugh at.

At this point, let's make fun of Slager, enjoy his self destruction and move on with the real work at hand, to TAKE BACK WAREHAM.

#7 2009-09-13 13:24:06

I think we can deal with mult-topic multi-tasking LOL...

and Slager is really like the one of the clowns that drives around the perimeter of a three ring circus honking the big rubber bulb horn on his clownmobile. Or maybe he belongs in the old Ringling Brothers, Barnum and Bailey Circus sideshow which used to be in the basement of Madison Square Garden.

He's a diversion but we're here for the real show.

The important acts are in the rings, first the ITA in a side ring, Brucie in the center ring and the rest of the BOS on the other side.

Next the three rings contain the vote items on Town Meeting agenda.

These are the most important issues to address. The fate of Wareham rests on how these issues and people are dealt with.

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/615_800px-howard_broscircus.jpg
Photo Wikimedia

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#8 2009-09-13 14:24:51

urneighbor wrote:

The important acts are in the rings, first the ITA in a side ring, Brucie in the center ring and the rest of the BOS on the other side.

Next the three rings contain the vote items on Town Meeting agenda.

These are the most important issues to address. The fate of Wareham rests on how these issues and people are dealt with.

Let's not forget Mr. Moderator.

PShooter

#9 2009-09-13 15:29:44

PShooter. Good to speak with you today.
You are the MAN!
Keep up the great work. I am proud to "know" you.
You are still my little brother and son.
DANOHAMATRON1945.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com