#1 2009-09-10 22:15:42

Of all the ridiculous things he has written, the response to the Susan Williams Gifford letter takes the cake..are we to believe that "more than 90% of the papers put on sale each week are purchased within 3 days"?..I actually enjoy seeing stacks of unpurchased editions sitting at their various locations..as a matter of fact, the number of locations selling that piece of shit has dropped  dramatically!!..Bobo's nose will keep growing and alas, he'll be gone...

#2 2009-09-11 07:04:30

His paid circulation claim has no place in his response to Rep. Gifford. But what takes the cake for me is the following sentence which no reputable journalist would write:

" I will swear to you on the life of my daughters that this person sent this information to us unsolicited."

And I don't mean that it should read:

I will swear to you on the lives of my daughters that this person sent this information to us unsolicited.

He also ought to have specified when this statement was made:

... Mr. Cornan considered your husband to be one of the "biggest rats in town."

#3 2009-09-11 07:10:35

IM SURE A REWRITE IS IN THE PROCESS. I SEE STACKS OF PAPERS JUST SITTING THERE. ITS THE SAME SIZE STACK THAT IS PLACED ON THERE ON THURSDAYS. THIS IDIOT STILL WANTS TO CLAIM THAT HIS PAPERS ARE FLYING OFF THE SHELVES WHILE HE CLOSES UP SHOP AND REPORTS FROM HIS HALIFAX CUBBY HOLE.

#4 2009-09-11 08:13:11

Urneighbor i agree but grammar aside, are we to believe that his swearing on his daughter's life definitively makes his assertions true. Will next weeks column have him using the tried and true "I triple dog dare you".
This guy has got to get a reality check.   
As a matter of fact with all his huffing and puffing about his children it seems to me that he would not drag them into his muck. 

Mr voice of the people . Mr transparency in government . Why are your children so much more important to that of the Macdonalds.   Their story is probably one of the more important ones going on right now yet you ignore it.  Other people using their children as pawns in their political game and it's ok.     If the police dept had records they were shielding from a legally deserving person you would scream. If the municipal maintenance or library did ..........you get the picture

but i guess to you it is o k to use children to further a political agenda whether they are yours or someone else's.

Wait for it        wait for it   wait .......
Parody of Paul Shooters next potential article:

Yeea it made me so (edit) ticked off that they were saying Rob was using his kids as pawns.  Although I think he is a jerk and i told him so I know that he is a cool dad.  I can prove his last article becuz before he even published it he told me that story and he meant it.  yeea he is so convincing that if you could just talk to him you would know.  You (edit) hatebloggers will do anything just to see a good man put down haven't you done enough to hurt me././..  I mean rob...........

Last edited by sorry not rich (2009-09-11 08:15:26)

#5 2009-09-11 08:40:36

I just talked to the closest person I know who is an expert critic on journalism (how many of you read Poynter every day) whose first comment was how inappropriate and what poor journalism it was to use that sentence about his daughters.

From a psychological standpoint, I question his even having it cross his mind to swear on the lives of his daughters for something as inconsequential as a local controversy. Is his ego that wrapped up in defending himself?

Can anybody think of a situation where you'd swear on the life of a loved one?

#6 2009-09-11 08:51:58

https://cruelery.com/sidepic/shitbird2.jpg

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#7 2009-09-11 09:04:24

urneighbor wrote:

I just talked to the closest person I know who is an expert critic on journalism (how many of you read Poynter every day) whose first comment was how inappropriate and what poor journalism it was to use that sentence about his daughters.

I would never ever ever swear or refer to the demise of my child for any reason.  Irony/life can be cruel.  It's just too scary to me to ever make reference to anything harmful for my child.  I would not be able to sleep nights.

#8 2009-09-11 09:07:07

urneighbor wrote:

Yes!  When I was in grade school.  That just about sums up Slager's mentality.  Need another example... when we gave him crap about Paul Shooter, Shooter's response was... "for your information the real paul shooter was my best friend and he's dead (something to that effect).  That is a typical response from a child that is having their mother picked on.  Grade school!

On a quick Paul Shooter side note:  In his latest article, I enjoyed how his solution to violence is violence.  Class act all the way!

#9 2009-09-11 09:12:45

You've never insisted you'd trade your first born child for a single evening absent adolescent angst... and meant it?

Ha!

You will.

#10 2009-09-11 09:16:35

If we were talking about the person we're not talking about, then I'd point out how it is kind of funny that Bobo apparently thinks its a good idea to have people thinking that a violent person that seems to know a lot about cocaine is working for his paper.  That's way better than having them think Paul Shooter is made up apparently.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-09-11 09:17:57)

#11 2009-09-11 09:19:03

Made me chuckle.  Like the BIRD!

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#12 2009-09-11 09:23:14

urneighbor wrote:

From a psychological standpoint, I question his even having it cross his mind to swear on the lives of his daughters for something as inconsequential as a local controversy. Is his ego that wrapped up in defending himself?

aahh NO.. NO... NO... having my daughter and kids who are like my family put in a potentaly dangerous situation because of a neighbor and the bos

I AS A MOM CAN TELL YOU AGAIN NO..NO.. AND HELL NO..

#13 2009-09-11 09:33:22

I have a friend who likes to say, "Swear on your Mother's soul.", and things like that. We've all met people like that. Thing is, most stop using that kind of thing at about Twelve. Consider the source. Next, he'll probably say, "I know you are, but what am I?"
GROW UP                                       GO AWAY                                         NO BOBO

PShooter

#14 2009-09-11 09:40:13

Now, if he would swear that the information he received is TRUE on the life of his children, he would be in big doo doo. He won't reveal his source, but he won't swear on the validity of the information, only that he received it. Hmmmm?

#15 2009-09-11 09:52:10

Guess what...

If there's any doubt about Slager paying attention to what we write here consider that after I pointed out the grammar error in his sentence he changed the word life to lives. It now reads:

"I will swear to you on the lives of my daughters that this person sent this information to us unsolicited."

I wonder how his wife feels about him publicly swearing on the lives of their daughters.

#16 2009-09-11 09:58:28

Bobo, swear on the freshness of your bagels that you aren't lying and maybe we'll believe you.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com