#1 2009-09-01 11:24:31

QUOTE FROM BOBO'S ALTER-EGO THAT ISN'T FOOLING ANYONE/SOCK PUPPET:

"You losers can’t even come up with your own name for your web site. You have to steal the Observer’s name. Is that so you can fake people into thinking you are the real Wareham Observer? Come up with your own name, you losers. It’s like you are so totally obsessed with the Observer that you even have to use their name. "

And here I thought all this time we were just using the name to piss him off.

#2 2009-09-01 11:33:21

Every "Paul aka Bobo Shooter" Column reads the same:

"Blah blah blah, I asked Bobo not to edit what I write, blah blah blah, I'm going to say Brucey is bad so you won't think I'm Bobo, blah blah blah, I'll take shots at some of the selectmen so you won't think I'm Bobo, but I'll never take a shot at Brenda because her friend has money and is a big Bobo advertiser, blah blah blah, I don't like Bobo, but people are evil for criticizing Bobo, yes, that makes sense to people other than Bobo, sure it does, blah blah blah, I say "I'm telling you straight up" just like every other anonymous Bobo source, blah blah blah, I'm going to throw out some phrases Bobo thinks are cool and hip so you'll all thing I'm a cool young dude, blah blah blah...in conclusion, let me close by saying, crap friggin crap, crap crap crap friggin crap bull, bull bull, crap friggin bull crap."

"PS - I'm not Bobo because I criticized Brucey and therefore that proves I'm not Bobo."

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-09-01 11:34:03)

#3 2009-09-01 11:47:11

Hamatron not 1,000 not 2,000 not 3,000, not 4,000, but a big 5,000:

I am confident that we'll eventually discover, probably in short order, whether Paul Shooter is really a flesh and blood separate person from Robert Slager. I say he is. If you want to put a lunch at The Gateway or Narrows on the result I'm up for the wager.

It seems to me everything you wrote fits with both of our contentions except that I don't think Robert Slager is creative enough to concoct an alter columnist or foolish to take the risk his prevarication would be exposed.

If I'm right about Shooter he'd want to differentiate himself from enough of Slager's opinions so he isn't accused of being a yes man, or horrors, a Slager dupe. It's also possible he really does disagree on some issues and wants to retain some credibility when the facts are revealed knowing that his identity can't be hidden indefinitely.

#4 2009-09-01 11:48:43

Something about Shooters line: " I want to remind Rob Slager that he told me he wouldn’t edit the stuff I write in my editorials. The reason I made him do that ..."
Made him do that? Those words ring a bell. Didn't Slager write that Susan Williams Gifford made her husband sign a letter?

#5 2009-09-01 12:00:23

nittygritty, this is an interesting sidelight of the Slager Saga (soon to be a major motion picture) and maybe Bill should put a poll on to see how many of us think Robert Slager is Paul Shooter and how many think he was born on Krypton and is posing as Clark Kent, mild mannered reporter for the "with a THE" Wareham Observer.

I don't think the odd similar phrase or identical subject matter is enough evidence. Shooter reads Slager and may inadvertently use some of what he writes in his own pieces. My hunch is that they have developed a bond in a fairly short time and that Slager does everything he can to make Shooter feel important because he's desperate for a friend and ally.

I think Slager needs Shooter more than Shooter needs Slager.

By the way, are the Shooter pieces still being called editorials? If so doesn't Slager know that they should be called OpEds or columns?

Last edited by urneighbor (2009-09-01 12:02:19)

#6 2009-09-01 12:52:48

Funny, when the old bag Andrea left the paper he had all these resumes but wouldn't hire anyone because they were not up to the caliber of her.  So then he "hires" Shooter-- come on this guy writes like an 8th grader!

#7 2009-09-01 17:48:09

You should compare an earlier "article" written by Pee Shooter and one of his recent "editorials." Ham told me that the shooter isn't writing any more regular articles, just the editorials. I've read some of those quotes on this site, and I have to say, the tone and writing style is very strange for someone who wrote regular articles in the past.

Some of you have said Pee's regular articles sounded exactly like ragboy's. Then why is he writing in such a different style now? No need to change no matter what you have to say.

I still think ragboy used this alter ego when he was called on having to produce the mysterious Pee. No one has seen him, or spoken to him etc. Sounds fishy to me. I'm not convinced he is a separate entity writing for the rag. And by the way, does he get paid to sort of threaten people--allegedly--with a baseball bat? I thought ragboy was broke.

#8 2009-09-01 17:55:42

I just want to know how Bobo and Shooty have their editorial meetings - the new bathroom office must be filled (and smelled) to capacity.

#9 2009-09-01 18:07:04

I think Bobo created Paul Shooter in response to be ridiculed for interviewing himself (watch for this in the future). It may be Shooter's greatest benefit. It appears to have the added advantage of being able to be used to spout off things Bobo feels but can't say publicly. It's hard to tell because spin is always involved. Does it really matter if there are two of them? If it's just Bobo-get help, if there's a "real" Paul Shooter-get help.

I really think it serves to divert our attention from the "elected" problems we have in Wareham. Bobo Shooter the smokescreen.

PShooter

#10 2009-09-01 18:08:18

It's funny.  As I read through this, I thought to myself "it's weird that there's much less in here that needs correcting than there is in a typical Slager piece."  Then I read it again, and realized that the reason for this is that he doesn't really say anything.  In a column just over 1,000 words, the first 300+ are fluff about himself.  Nothing doing there. 

Then he actually nails the issue with the new chief.  The chief and the town of North Andover both made it clear that his priority is to North Andover, and not to Wareham, so what happens when a conflict comes up, and he has to choose between the two towns.  I'm not questioning the chief's qualifications.  However, even if he's the most qualified person in the world, it doesn't matter if he's not available.

The biggest issue I have with the article is with the way that he tries to paint Bliss as "crying to the steelworkers" unfairly. He says he has problems with "(a)ccountants pretending they are steelworkers."  The simple fact is that the USW represents people in manufacturing, metals, chemicals, healthcare, pharma, and public employees, among many others(Source).  Additionally, over 1/3 of all public-sector employees are represented by a union (Source).  Finally, Bliss talked to the union before being fired for doing something that the Board had previously allowed.  The idea that he went "crying" to them after getting "popped" is misleading at best.  To insinuate that accountants in the public sector shouldn't join a union is just ridiculous.

As for his thoughts on the audit, he's also falling into the Robert Slager "there's no way that there could possibly be anything illegal about this" camp.  By not acknowledging the possibility that the DA's investigation is legitimate, he's not accurately representing the situation.  Most of the rest of the section is his opinion, which he admits is uninformed (he states "I’ll say straight up that I don’t know everything Rob Slager knows about all this", and we've seen how little Slager knows), so I'm not going to address it.

Finally, he addresses the "hatebloggers".  Presumably he's talking about the people on this site, even though he uses terms like "stupid", "garbage", "hate" (twice!), "wannabe lawyers", and "losers".  Interesting that he accuses us of being hateful.  He knows "personally" how much we "all lie", but cites no examples.  He says that we leave out details to make people look bad, when he left out the fact that Selectmen routinely approved payouts after they had been made, and left out the possibility that the DA's investigation might be legit.  All in all, he basically lashes out like a 6-year-old who had a toy taken away. 

It's sad, really.  Shooter has fallen a long way since his first post.  He has turned into a mini-Slager, using many of the same tactics, and hiding behind the shield of "This is my editorial opinion, so I don't need to post facts".  He's selectively including (or not) certain facts.  He's repeating things like "hateblogger" while hurling insults of his own.  There have been several minor changes made to the article since it was posted, none of which were noted (though this may have been Slager's doing).  He made himself the news, by spending the first 30% of the post talking about himself.  All of these things are tactics of Slager's that I pointed out months ago.  I don't think he's the same person, but I do think he's learning from the "master"

#11 2009-09-01 18:28:11

excellent job as always.. its nice to read your posts...

#12 2009-09-01 18:41:39

I am only here for a minute.  I didn't even read one word of anything any of you have posted.

I just wanted to say I think it is awful how all of us who want the best for Wareham and Onset are being fooled by those who really truely are only in it for the all mighty dollar.   Please consider who really wants what we want.  Please don't be fooled.

#13 2009-09-01 18:42:26

I meant to say hi to liz.  :)

#14 2009-09-01 20:35:19

PinkPanther wrote:

I meant to say hi to liz.  :)

hiya pink i an banned from the other site so ill only be able to chat here....

#15 2009-09-01 20:38:43

What in the world are you talking about Pink? Are you talking about the Selectmen? They certainly would LOVE a change in the government so they can get paid to do what they do. Are you talking about the supporters of the BOS? Check the records and see who contributed to their campaigns.

No one, (let me repeat this), no ONE in the Take Back Wareham group is pushing an agenda that is self serving.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com